Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I've googled it but am having a hard time believing someone would so casually drop a racial epithet like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rear end Catchcum posted:

I've googled it but am having a hard time believing someone would so casually drop a racial epithet like that.

Shut up you whop.

UrAClassAct
Apr 10, 2012

Thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can also as of iOS10 reduce the white point so in addition to the zoom filter thing you can get your screen pretty dark. Don't do this outside ever 😂

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Used the magnify feature at the data center today. Makes it so much easier to read cable labels.

Only problem is the app froze and there's no way to exit it (it doesn't show up in your multi-tasking windows and stopping the camera app does nothing). So I had to reboot the whole phone to get it working again.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Shut up you whop.

I thought it was wop.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is this new in 10? App isn't updated for large screens.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is this new in 10? App isn't updated for large screens.
I think this comes up if an app also isn't updated for 64-bit.

Pretty sure Flixster covers Ireland for cinema listings. Last time I used it, it definitely covered Belfast.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'll check it out but that Cinema! App does everything I need it to. It's so old that it hasn't been overengineered and complicated!

Seriously using cinema websites for listings over here is excruciating

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else had problems with app screens freezing up? It's mostly happened with the Awful app, but I've seen it on YouTube as well. Exiting to the home screen and reloading the app appears to fix it. Except it happened once on my iPad while I was in the home screen and I had to reboot.

I've seen it on both an iPhone and an iPad - both running 10.0.2.

And I'm still seeing audio drop outs on the iPad Pro. I thought that poo poo was fixed in the beta.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everything's been stable for me, except awful.app.

Not that it will matter for long because apparently lowtax is dragging us all into Web 2.0.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Krispy Kareem posted:

Has anyone else had problems with app screens freezing up? It's mostly happened with the Awful app, but I've seen it on YouTube as well. Exiting to the home screen and reloading the app appears to fix it. Except it happened once on my iPad while I was in the home screen and I had to reboot.

I've seen it on both an iPhone and an iPad - both running 10.0.2.

And I'm still seeing audio drop outs on the iPad Pro. I thought that poo poo was fixed in the beta.

The App Store frequently hangs for me if I come back to it after leaving it on the Search screen. That's the only consistent freezing issue I've experienced.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Awful is pretty awful and crashes often on me, although I feel bad saying that because obviously the developer posts here and reads these threads. IF YOU'RE READING THIS: I FEEL BAD ABOUT SAYING YOU SUCK. AT LEAST YOUR SOFTWARE SORTA WORKS!

But it could just be iOS 10. As I said before, Notes.app crashes for me on load so often... And that's a first-party app. *shrug*

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I feel the crashes started with iOS 10. I've been using Awful for a while now. I like it.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Eh, I've been getting unusual crashes since I've started using it, which is a few years ago, long before iOS 10. It flips out when you scroll down to reload sometimes (it's actually pretty comical, the screen keeps bouncing up and down), it crashes when you swipe back to the previous page sometimes, it crashes just for the sake of crashing sometimes. Then again, it works most of the time and reading SA isn't super-critical for me, it's not a big deal, I'm glad it exists. But it does break often.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I mean for a free app it's fine for using on the iPhone. For iPad I've just started using the full site.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Awful almost never crashes for me. :iiam:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tuyop posted:

Awful almost never crashes for me. :iiam:

It almost always locks up for me after i change orientation.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It almost always locks up for me after i change orientation.

I believe that's an ongoing bug. It's been discussed in the Awful thread.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Question Mark Mound posted:

I think this comes up if an app also isn't updated for 64-bit.

Pretty sure Flixster covers Ireland for cinema listings. Last time I used it, it definitely covered Belfast.

Also of note, Apple is intending to clear out old apps that haven't been updated for modern phones.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

:negative:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Awful.app: We have an update in beta that converts to Swift 3 and iOS 10. Hopefully that brings the crashing down, I've been using the bleeding edge master build to smoke out bugs and have only seen one or two crashes over the past three weeks or so.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'll check it out but that Cinema! App does everything I need it to. It's so old that it hasn't been overengineered and complicated!
Hope they update soon since Apple's going to start pulling abandoned apps.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The all black iPhone 7+ is a return to the iPhone 4 black.

It's perfect.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

The all black iPhone 7+ is a return to the iPhone 4 black.

It's perfect.

Camera nub.

:colbert:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Hope they update soon since Apple's going to start pulling abandoned apps.

If you already have an app, this doesn't matter. They're not going to delete it from your phone or anything.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I guess this could go into any thread really, but it's happenig to my iPad. (this thread is just better-trafficked.)
I changed my iTunes / iCloud account yesterday. It was based on a Yahoo account but I decided to cancel that email account.

I got my iMac switched over. My iPhone switched over beautifully. My iPad is giving me fits. Just keeps asking me to sign into iCloud and has a password field but an unchangeable email address/ID field.

Settings > iCloud is just looping me with the same prompt. My old pass for my old ID does not work. I can't change the email/ID.

Anyone know how I get past this??

[edit] Potential nevermind I never thought to try my new ID's password with my old ID's ID on the prompt. Seem slike maybe it worked...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 6, 2016

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Have you tried signing out of iCloud completely and adding it as a new account again?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Have you tried signing out of iCloud completely and adding it as a new account again?

I edited my post above, but wouldn't I need to go to Settings > iCloud to sign out? That's what I was saying, it just kept throwing up:

[FEENIX'S OLD ICLOUD ID]
[ ]

Please enter password

Or is there another place to do that?

Doesn't matter though. I think I'm good now. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Setting up my new phone (Jet Black Supremacy y'all :smug: ) from an iCloud backup, and it seems like everything has come across except for all of my ApplePay credit cards. Do I need to add them all again? Is this some intentional security issue, or did something go wrong?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Yeah you need to add them bitches again

astral
Apr 26, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

Setting up my new phone (Jet Black Supremacy y'all :smug: ) from an iCloud backup, and it seems like everything has come across except for all of my ApplePay credit cards. Do I need to add them all again? Is this some intentional security issue, or did something go wrong?

They're device-specific.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

This is an intentional security issue. The way Apple Pay works, even if the data transferred, the cards wouldn't work.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Can someone help me figure out Apple Music, again? I got a 6s when I broke my 6 and like uploaded all my music from my MacBook. But it won't play a ton of songs I have that aren't on Apple Music (and maybe some that are)!!! It loaded them on the phone but just skips them in my playlists/when I try to play them!!!! It's so frustrating

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Like what's up with this. I have iCloud music library turned on but it won't play any of these songs that are on "Apple Music"

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It seems like it's songs that I've saved to my phone from Apple Music that don't play off the phone. But if I search them in Apple Music I can listen to it. Wtf Steve jobs Jesus. Christ

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Rip Apple Music & Pimp C

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm amazed they actually made Apple Music even worse by all of my metrics

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I guess this could go into any thread really, but it's happenig to my iPad. (this thread is just better-trafficked.)
I changed my iTunes / iCloud account yesterday. It was based on a Yahoo account but I decided to cancel that email account.

I got my iMac switched over. My iPhone switched over beautifully. My iPad is giving me fits. Just keeps asking me to sign into iCloud and has a password field but an unchangeable email address/ID field.

Settings > iCloud is just looping me with the same prompt. My old pass for my old ID does not work. I can't change the email/ID.

Anyone know how I get past this??

[edit] Potential nevermind I never thought to try my new ID's password with my old ID's ID on the prompt. Seem slike maybe it worked...

I've been dealing with the same thing for the same reason loving Yahoo. Everything's working on my iPhone, but iTunes on my iPad still occasionally prompts for my iCloud password using the old address, even after logging out and logging back into iCloud within Settings.

Today it finally prompted with the new address, and then promptly tried to authenticate on my old email again. So changing it in Settings doesn't appear to change it everywhere immediately at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

It seems like it's songs that I've saved to my phone from Apple Music that don't play off the phone. But if I search them in Apple Music I can listen to it. Wtf Steve jobs Jesus. Christ
Make sure you're using the same account on both devices. Another possibility is that you've authorized the max number of devices and need to deauthorize something.

ethanol posted:

I'm amazed they actually made Apple Music even worse by all of my metrics
Weird, it's better by most of mine. The only thing I find demonstrably worse is that there's no easy way to Love songs from the lockscreen, which I used a lot. I can do it on my watch, though, so not a huge issue.