Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You get paid in lego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Holy crap that castle in trans-white, that must have taken a long time to collect.

Whats with the grumpy woman standing next to the gigantic blue/grey spaceship?

Amazing ascetics on that steampunk themepark and the fallout vault!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

You get paid in lego.

My post-retirement "hobby" right there.

"You guys don't gotta pay me, just give me a crack at the PAB wall or any bulk lots you got in the back every other Friday. Anything I can fit in a cubic foot is my pay."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Woah some of those new parts in the AT-AT are rad.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I picked up K-2SO and was surprised on how tall he was, I was expecting something more in line with a Bionicle. Also the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot action is extremely fun to mess around with.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Holy crap that castle in trans-white, that must have taken a long time to collect.

Whats with the grumpy woman standing next to the gigantic blue/grey spaceship?

Amazing ascetics on that steampunk themepark and the fallout vault!

It wouldn't necessarily have taken a long time to get all that; those pieces have shown up in PAB walls, and you can ask stores to sell it to you by the shipping box, but I don't know if they can reorder specific pieces for the wall. LUGs can also get access to bulk parts. If a box had, I dunno, 4000 of those parts and he paid $100/box and got 20 boxes...

The woman's presumably one of the builders of something in that table area, and as for her grumpy face, who knows?

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Pyroclastic posted:

It wouldn't necessarily have taken a long time to get all that; those pieces have shown up in PAB walls, and you can ask stores to sell it to you by the shipping box, but I don't know if they can reorder specific pieces for the wall. LUGs can also get access to bulk parts. If a box had, I dunno, 4000 of those parts and he paid $100/box and got 20 boxes...

The woman's presumably one of the builders of something in that table area, and as for her grumpy face, who knows?

Was probably from all the small kids pushing on the stanchions and bumping the tables, honestly. Saw a lot of damage this year.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

featurecreep posted:

Was probably from all the small kids pushing on the stanchions and bumping the tables, honestly. Saw a lot of damage this year.

Run an electric fence cord around the table, problem solved

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That fuckin SDF-1

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

So many amazing things about this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dad, that Taj Mahal was worth $2000.

It's a toy.

But dad, my UCS Falcon was worth a few thousand, too.

You're no son of mine.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Lego or not, that's still a dick move to just bin someone's possessions like that.

He could have least given them to my kids, so they could slowly and subtly be binned, one piece at a time, before anyone notices.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ChesterJT posted:

Alright, which one of you is this?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Alright, which one of you is this?

Fortunately neither.

1. Still have my Lego
2. Don't live in Florida
3. Never been arrested
4. Don't have perfectly spherical head/hair combo

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ChesterJT posted:

The son seems to be going for a Duplo figure look.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Puts away or throws away?

There's a rather big difference.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Important to note: this toy-loving loser is 19!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Not quite the same thing, but at one point my mom made me decide between my Lego and Micronauts.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
My mom got angry when I wanted to sell my lego years ago. Thought it would be a good 'for your future kids' endowment. Glad I listened!

e: I don't have kids

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
The new lego ideas results are out and of the nine sets only the Fishing Store passed muster... RIP Johnny Five & BB-8

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

w00tazn posted:

The new lego ideas results are out and of the nine sets only the Fishing Store passed muster... RIP Johnny Five & BB-8

I'm excited about this, I love that model!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Not too surprising, that whole batch of nominees was pretty lackluster. The shop was the only standout. I hope they don't scale it down too much, I love the dilapidated look and color scheme.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah that's pretty drat awesome.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
The "dilapidated" look seems to be really popular in MOC buildings these days. It is a pretty neat way to add detail, I must say - though I wish they'd just release a new line of real Castle sets :(

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Abandoned Crack House modular set would be awwwwwwesome!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm kind of surprised the museum didn't get picked even though I personally wasn't big on it.

Fishing store was the clear winner of the bunch though.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
I know it won't, but I really need the Eagle 5 from Spaceballs to happen:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Dammit another set I'll have to buy :-/ I have quite a lot of Ideas sets and the only one I kinda regret is the exo suit thing.

Quite sure I won't regret this one though, it looks awesome.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Wax Dynasty posted:

I know it won't, but I really need the Eagle 5 from Spaceballs to happen:

You could easily mod the Creator RV into one, I think.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
BB-8, Jurassic Park Visitor's Center, and Jedi High Council Chamber are all part of existing licenses and were never gonna happen anyway.

uXs posted:

I have quite a lot of Ideas sets and the only one I kinda regret is the exo suit thing.

Same

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What?! While not super lego-y, I really love the Exo Suit.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Yeah well, I tend to like really bulky sets. If you can bash in someone's skull with it, it's perfect.

The exo suit is too flimsy for me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

uXs posted:

If you can bash in someone's skull with it, it's perfect.

Are you in Florida?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd love to have the exo suit or 5 of them for parts. Theres some decent stuff.

I actually think the original build is pretty cool but the Lego version meh.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Last Ideas post, I called Fishing Store as the likeliest of the bunch to pass. Too many licenses, the modular was too big, Johnny Five was an old property with no reboot in sight, Gingerbread House too seasonal, Fossil Museum as unlikely since the second science diorama failed, and particle accelerator as too big and too niche.
I win! Kinda.

Voltron has a new, kid-and-nerd-friendly reboot and doesn't seem firmly attached to a clone manufacturer, but it looks like a large, complex, potentially fragile build, which hurts its chances.
Spaceballs' 30th anniversary is next year, but it's hard to say that the license would be a fit with Lego. It's got a lot of Nerd Nostalgia behind it, but the humor is less family-friendly than, say, BttF or Ghostbusters.
Addams Family Mansion is too big, requires a license, and there's not much in the way of market around it now. Nope.
Merchant's House is a similar theme to the Fishing Store, and they've shied away from Ideas themes, but there's still a possibility.
Large Hadron Collider is another 'science diorama' and probably wouldn't make it on that credential, and it's arguably too small to be really identifiable. Nope.
I love the Observatory, and I'm not sure Lego's ever done anything like it, but it may be too big. Reasonable chance with a rescale.
Modular Construction Site is too big. Nope.
Women of NASA is more science dioramas. Nope.
UCS Landspeeder is an existing license. Nope!
Lamborghini is an existing license. Nope!
Lovelace & Babbage strikes me as another science diorama. Also small enough that it loses detail as to what it is. Nope.
Little House on the Prairie shocks me that it got 10,000 votes in the first place. Has virtually no presence in the market these days and not much in the way of nostalgic fans. Gets remade every so often, but that's about it. I'll buy a MSRP Megablox set if this gets chosen.

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance of a No Pass this time, with possibles for Voltron, Observatory, and Merchant's House. Spaceballs is a very remote chance.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 7, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol that women of NASA thing is so pandering.

Actually I feel that way about pretty much all of this licensed ideas stuff with the exception of Voltron who just owns and I would buy that set in a second.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I gotta get that Voltron.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

It's stupid, and I don't know why I care, but the new AT-ST doesn't quite scale right with the Rebels AT-DP, which is supposed to be a precursor to the AT-ST.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So I ordered my Star Wars advent calendar on the weekend for the triple VIP points and had some issues getting the transaction to complete with their new online store. The new store is buggy as hell, the old one was far better, I tried Firefox, IE, Edge and finally had to install Chrome to get it to work at all. So I called them to ask whether the transaction had actually gone through. As usual, the customer service rep was really helpful and friendly and we had a nice chat.
Today got my shipment and they apparently added a little spiderman polybag as a gift for my troubles :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Pyroclastic posted:

Little House on the Prairie shocks me that it got 10,000 votes in the first place. Has virtually no presence in the market these days and not much in the way of nostalgic fans.

Nostalgic fans is why it got 10,000 votes. The right places got a hold of the Ideas page. But yeah it won't get made.