Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lightning Knight posted:

I kept following Rasheed and discovered that hammers like him. :v:

I got a hammer for him

/unzips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah I dunno, see how it works for you. My last ditch is smooth, hand loaded/snapshot, hammer forged/close+personal and final round.

Hand loaded is a weak range bonus, so that's what I ditch to run snapshot. Hammer forged gets me almost to the 32 range, I end up with 68 impact and 30 range but instant ADS (god matador is 70/32). I feel like without hammer forged you might have some trouble winning 1v1s

I'm hoping kneepads makes up for it, it's weird being fully ADS'd and continuing to slide for another whole meter.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Booties posted:

Ok so I am definitely in the next tourney though, right?

definitely just sign up in the slack channel

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I got a hammer for him

/unzips

:quagmire:

Playing with goons and roaming as a pack completely changes the mode, even if I still didn't do so well. It's still dumb but at least there's a way to game it so you can stomp pubbies really hard.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

wintrrmute posted:

definitely just sign up in the slack channel

lol

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Yes. Personally only seen to x5.

I believe that stack count is how many guardians are benefitting from your awesomeness.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Snostorm posted:

I believe that stack count is how many guardians are benefitting from your awesomeness.

Rasheed's Mom (5)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I was reading that it does not work for extended range shock lock melee. Haven't tested.

I've only used it on my hunter but it definately refilled a shot when I nailed a dreg from downtown with a smoke melee.

It also doesn't actually create new rounds, just pulls one from your inventory and loads it. So the ideal combo would be final round instead of rangefinder and then just use it and melee a guy for the finish and repeat.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 6, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Got some gun that increases accuracy in the air. What exaclty does this do?? Help with auto aim? Combined with the floaty helmet it seems like it would be pretty good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Darth Windu posted:

Got some gun that increases accuracy in the air. What exaclty does this do?? Help with auto aim? Combined with the floaty helmet it seems like it would be pretty good

Normally when you're airborne you get a forced huge cone of fire and it's impossible to hit anything. The Icarus perk disables this so your gun handles more or less the same as it does when on the ground. I think the floaty helmet also disables it, otherwise it would be useless, but now you can keep firing while flying through the air to throw people off.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

haveblue posted:

Normally when you're airborne you get a forced huge cone of fire and it's impossible to hit anything. The Icarus perk disables this so your gun handles more or less the same as it does when on the ground. I think the floaty helmet also disables it, otherwise it would be useless, but now you can keep firing while flying through the air to throw people off.

Thats cool, but i guess it means helmet + gun are kinda pointless if htey dont stack

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Icarus is extremely good on hand cannons the better you and your opponents get. Destiny is all about abusing vertical space at the highest levels of PvP, having your on-meta gun also be accurate in the air is a game changer.

The helmet and warlock perk are p much retarded as they let you have accuracy in the air in exchange for being a sitting duck.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

Thats cool, but i guess it means helmet + gun are kinda pointless if htey dont stack

Well, the helm/sunsinger perk makes you stop moving which makes it easier to hit stuff too.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A Buff Gay Iron Banner Gun Megapost

Iron Banner guns are extremely good. The sights are all excellent and the pick2x3 perk layout owns for getting a decent roll every time and having a good chance at god rolls. They also stripped out a lot of the perks that suck rear end (as opposed to eating rear end, which is hella good as it's 2016 fellas)

This is all a big IMHO but here we go:

Guns that are instantly part of the high level meta

Clever Dragon - 4 impact pulse rifle (grasp of malok). 23/16 head body. 3 bursts low armor, forgiving 4 burst. God roll is smallbore/braced frame, stagger rounds or snapshot, counterbalance. This thing is basically a grasp with much more forgiving perk layout. You actually have a chance of getting a good roll. Counterbalance isn't an absolute requirement if you have a stability perk but anything that lets you remove one element of the "aim horizontally, aim vertically, pull trigger at appropriate time" process is extremely good.

Distant Star - MIDA impact scout rifle. 57/39 head body. God roll is probably perfect balance, extended mag, or snapshot stuff and hidden hand, but there's a lot you can do with this. Same TTK as mida, can roll full auto if that's your jam.

Silvered Dread - Barron's Ambition/Zombie Apocalypse impact class LMG - guaranteed a +impact barrel so you get the sick-nasty TTK of those guns but with better perk options. Huge inventory stat. God rolls are probably hammer-forged or perfect balance, field scout or quick draw/snapshot, and rangefinder. No machine gun can kill more quickly than this gun. Plus it has an innate good recoil pattern. New meta for LMGs.

Guns that are situationally good with the right perks

Lingering Song - 94 impact hand cannon. Slowest HC TTK but can roll litc, rifled/smallbore and feather mag, which lets you have a high range HC with 6/5 in the mag that can two tap fools when litc procs. Absolutely punishing on low light guardians in IB and Trials.

Laughing Heart - Glass Prom 22 impact sniper. Can rez snipe, can't kill roaming supers. Can roll with both injection mold and snapshot, which is the only way this gun matters. Maybe good for 6s? Who cares.

Who knows

IB Fusion and Sidearm. Who gives a crap? Fusion requires 6 bolts to kill so have fun. Sidearms are worthless.

Crap

AR and Shotgun. AR is garbage and outclassed by the NM vendor roll, and really outclassed by a good SOulstealer or CB DOctrine. The shotgun is for PvE or maybe full auto crest cleanup after the big boys with the real shotguns make a mess of each other.

Who Cares

Rocket launcher. Everyone has had access to prox tripod launchers, I guess if you don't have one and you roll a prox one you should use it. But use Truth.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 6, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Icarus is extremely good on hand cannons the better you and your opponents get. Destiny is all about abusing vertical space at the highest levels of PvP, having your on-meta gun also be accurate in the air is a game changer.

The helmet and warlock perk are p much retarded as they let you have accuracy in the air in exchange for being a sitting duck.

I'm bad what would you recommend

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Darth Windu posted:

Vendor palindrome

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I've only used it on my hunter but it definately refilled a shot when I nailed a dreg from downtown with a smoke melee.

It also doesn't actually create new rounds, just pulls one from your inventory and loads it. So the ideal combo would be final round instead of rangefinder and then just use it and melee a guy for the finish and repeat.

My bad I thought that was the 25 percent melee dmg bonus thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

poor life choice posted:

I know it's too much to dream but this would be really cool. Aksis goes down and then you walk up that bundle of SIVA behind him to the true final boss.

Six more siva guardians will pop out like in the story quest. Except this time it's you!

I'm actually still kind of bummed out they didn't take the chance to implement actual guardian type enemies and instead just made them giant dumb monster men in that quest.

Darth Windu posted:

Get a grasp. Mine doesn't even have a god roll and it just eats dudes up. I love just walking through maps and gunning dudes down from full health while in critical health because they don't even know what the hell is going on. It's a great gun if you suck and need a replacement for actual skill.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Nuebot posted:

Get a grasp. Mine doesn't even have a god roll and it just eats dudes up. I love just walking through maps and gunning dudes down from full health while in critical health because they don't even know what the hell is going on. It's a great gun if you suck and need a replacement for actual skill.

That's because god doesn't exist! :science:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I'm actually still kind of bummed out they didn't take the chance to implement actual guardian type enemies and instead just made them giant dumb monster men in that quest.

Yup. It was bunk.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is there a guide for players who just bought the game and boosted to 40?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Nuebot posted:

Killing something can be construed as a human in a video game makes it much tougher for it to keep a Teen rating. Pushing it M would narrow their purchasing demographic.

Alien genocide, on the other hand, is completely acceptable for a T rating. :v:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

always be closing posted:

Step 1: do all the story quests you boosted to skip anyway because you need the xp to have a subclass not be lovely

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

always be closing posted:

That 40 is for alts IMO and it should be explained better, you still need to play all the same quests a level 1 would. It doesn't level your subclasses and doesn't give you any gear(maybe it does?). Your power and ability is tied to your Light level and to a much lesser extend fully leveled subclasses. The booster is great and all but really change anything about the game if don't have the high light level gear or end game options unlocked.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Killing something can be construed as a human in a video game makes it much tougher for it to keep a Teen rating. Pushing it M would narrow their purchasing demographic.

Alien genocide, on the other hand, is completely acceptable for a T rating. :v:

We got to kill zombie soldiers in Metroid Prime 2 and it was pretty cool. Bungie is being less rad than Nintendo.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
If you get any of the new IB emblems, don't delete them. I couldn't find them anywhere in my kiosk.

Also, Trials emblems seem to be bugged. If you have the Y1 exotic Trials emblem, the Y3 flawless and scarab emblems don't show up in your kiosk. Y2 players that don't have the exotic entries in their kiosk have the Y3 ones show up.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
It turns out we were wrong, databases are hard

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gave myself the gift of flawless raider in Crota. If my stupid rear end fireteam hadn't dissolved shortly after the taken king ... :nallears:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I played one solo IB game and it put the three pairs all on the other team lol

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
In terms of new exotic weapons, what's the easiest one to get? (If there are any?)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feenix posted:

In terms of new exotic weapons, what's the easiest one to get? (If there are any?)

You get the Gjallarhorn quest automatically after beating the campaign, but it's a bit involved. Khvostov is also easy to start/harder to do. There are some other exotics reliant on RNG to either get from engrams or get the quest.

vvvvvvvv and the raid pulse, but that's most definitely not the easiest one

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Feenix posted:

The only new ones we know about are the khostov, the trespasser and the dumb machine gun.

The khostov has a quest the other two are RNG

The quest is pretty easy I guess

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
remember this gem?

http://i.imgur.com/F3EPnRV.gifv

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

to infinity and bro-yond

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Whats that Mars map with the butthole wall?

Had a dude try and slam me as I was slamming him and his 3 team mates. He flew through the floor and missed everyong while I got his buds. Did lol

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So to play against Bungie in their dumb game I have to hang out in a twitch chat and be chosen? gently caress off.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

So to play against Bungie in their dumb game I have to hang out in a twitch chat and be chosen? gently caress off.

Not everyone can be this cool

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 7, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Not everyone can be this cool

It's probably because of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

It's probably because of you