Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
How did Erina not make that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It makes me laugh that one of Those Two Guys From Polar Star was 8 and the other was 6. They're the same guy!

Pewdiepie posted:

Just kidding I have no idea who Yanai Mea is. But the other 19 are all good, to me.

The laughing girl from Central that kept hyping up the edgy-facial tattoo guy (who finished third in his own poll) in that competition to eliminate the various clubs who lost to Kurokiba. She later lost to Tadokoro in the same competition.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 3, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Looks like this week the chapter's mostly going to be about showing which rebels are facing which E10.

Fabricated posted:

I can't imagine that many people who dislike her most out of every female character would stick with the series long enough to vote on that poll, especially since she's become more and more prominent.

That, and she might not be their least favorite anymore after starting her character arc.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 3, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, Erina's marginally improved now that hanging with the Polar Stars made her more endearing.

I will not forgive anyone who put Tadokoro that high up on the list though.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

It makes me laugh that one of Those Two Guys From Polar Star was 8 and the other was 6. They're the same guy!

The laughing girl from Central that kept hyping up the edgy-facial tattoo guy (who finished third in his own poll) in that competition to eliminate the various clubs who lost to Kurokiba. She later lost to Tadokoro in the same competition.

Oh she's cool.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Compendium posted:

I'd eat it

I've tried it. Cheetos on top and doritos on the bottom.

Baked it instead of frying it and missed the timer so it got a little burned.
Doritos were actually pretty good, but the cheetos didn't leave an impression at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

She's cool now.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheComicFiend posted:

I've tried it. Cheetos on top and doritos on the bottom.

Baked it instead of frying it and missed the timer so it got a little burned.
Doritos were actually pretty good, but the cheetos didn't leave an impression at all.

You might as well keep going and make https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fO8zwMQ8qk

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Eej posted:

You might as well keep going and make https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fO8zwMQ8qk

I was *just* joking with my wife about attempting homemade mozzarella sticks and now I absolutely have to do it.

Thanks, pal!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone tried the freezing an egg and deep frying it trick since it showed up in the manga?

How was it if you did?

Also chapter should be out in the morning I think

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheComicFiend posted:

I was *just* joking with my wife about attempting homemade mozzarella sticks and now I absolutely have to do it.

Thanks, pal!

Not sure if your butt is gonna be thanking me but no prob

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Has anyone tried the freezing an egg and deep frying it trick since it showed up in the manga?

How was it if you did?

Also chapter should be out in the morning I think

I tried it. It didn't work out for me. The egg just kind of fell apart on me. I also probably cooked it too long.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I froze it, but didn't have the time (yet) to fry it. Will report back when I try.

Meanwhile, new chapter.

The tension is unbearable.

Can confirm: juniper is a top-level spice for game meat.

e. I do BBtags good :downs:

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 6, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Pacing of the fight seems pretty good so far.

Serving first would normally mean Souma's probably hosed, I wonder if there'll be any twists like a second helping or if he'll just beat Hayama legitimately?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Watch it be something dumb like

Souma's serving first and since he is pushing the Bear flavor to it's ultimate max the judges are going to have Bear aftertaste in their mouths that Hayama didn't account for thus his perfect seasoning and sauce don't fully take hold.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Serving first would normally mean Souma's probably hosed, I wonder if there'll be any twists like a second helping or if he'll just beat Hayama legitimately?

There's precedent that the "served first loses" rule doesn't always apply with this manga so we'll have to wait and see.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Is this the first time Soma's served first though?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Patware posted:

Is this the first time Soma's served first though?

Nah, it happened with Eishi.

He lost to Hayama both times he served last, so maybe the order will make the difference.

E: Goddamn, does Souma ever get a chip on his shoulder when he loses, though.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 6, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Not sure how I feel about some 15 year old girls being turned into bikini furries

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Not sure how I feel about some 15 year old girls being turned into bikini furries

i was laughing too hard at the complete absurdity of the gravy-tasting sauce trails to take any damage

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hayama is going to lose because he's being far too aggressive. I'm guessing that's why Soma was staring at him - he probably thinks what Hayama is doing is unusual for him.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 6, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hayama's dish might very well taste better, but it won't be as full of bear flavor as souma's. there is absolutely no way hayama can win this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hayama's dish might very well taste better, but it won't be as full of bear flavor as souma's. there is absolutely no way hayama can win this.

Has anyone ever lost with the better tasting dish?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Jerkface posted:

have you forgotten the rest of the manga

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Davincie posted:

have you forgotten the rest of the manga

yes. I guess its just the way these 2 girls are presented/characterized that makes it weird. They are being presented as children.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Has anyone ever lost with the better tasting dish?

Alice and Ikumi when they were up against Soma.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Soma is definitely going to wait until Hayama's given out his dish before saying "Wait, I haven't even added the sauce!" and then everyone will gasp with shock and the sauce will end up completely turning the meal around and get him the win.

Anyway, I like that it's Katsu because Soma's whole speciality in the early manga was "The food of the masses" and Katsu is pretty much that. It's cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jerkface posted:

yes. I guess its just the way these 2 girls are presented/characterized that makes it weird. They are being presented as children.

Have you forgotten the rest of the manga.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There's an argument for Alice and she was absolutely the one fight in the series where Soma had the advantage going in, but Ikumi essentially presented half a dish against him.

Even for Alice though, that felt like one of the few fights where it actually made a lot of sense to me why the judges would select Soma's dish, though Alice's was definitely one of the best I remember seeing in the manga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

There's an argument for Alice and she was absolutely the one fight in the series where Soma had the advantage going in, but Ikumi essentially presented half a dish against him.

Even for Alice though, that felt like one of the few fights where it actually made a lot of sense to me why the judges would select Soma's dish, though Alice's was definitely one of the best I remember seeing in the manga.

From what I recall the thing with Ikumi's dish was "Wow this tastes great, but you forgot to actually have the rice and meat complement each other and failed to consider the topic at all." So it was implied it tasted as good or better than Soma's but due to his superior understanding of the topic he got the win.

I don't think it's gonna happen with Hayama though. Because he's usually pretty smart about this sort of thing from the few times we've seen him cook before. It could still occur though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hayama didn't immerse himself in bears to prepare. instead, he seems to be relying on his fearsome custom CAJUN SPICE MIX.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

From what I recall the thing with Ikumi's dish was "Wow this tastes great, but you forgot to actually have the rice and meat complement each other and failed to consider the topic at all." So it was implied it tasted as good or better than Soma's but due to his superior understanding of the topic he got the win.

I don't think it's gonna happen with Hayama though. Because he's usually pretty smart about this sort of thing from the few times we've seen him cook before. It could still occur though.

I think with Ikumi's it was telling that they left the rice but ate all of Soma's.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jerkface posted:

They're the same age Soma is. The only time they actually had really young kids they went out of their way to not do anything lewd (the kids cooking school).

I mean, I understand what you're saying, but they're not actually younger than all of the other people whose clothes routinely explode.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Soma is definitely going to wait until Hayama's given out his dish before saying "Wait, I haven't even added the sauce!" and then everyone will gasp with shock and the sauce will end up completely turning the meal around and get him the win.

Anyway, I like that it's Katsu because Soma's whole speciality in the early manga was "The food of the masses" and Katsu is pretty much that. It's cool.

They already did that with the Fall Classic finals though.

I'm pretty certain this is going to end with Hayama losing because his cooking will be worse due to the fact he's doing it for the "wrong" reasons as opposed to when he won at the Finals, he was doing it for the right reasons. Like they'll say that he's not fighting "for" his adopted-mom, and instead he's giving up on having the strength to fight back.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 6, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I like the prediction floating around that while this is going on Rindou's going to flatten the Umis and bully them into joining Central.

One goes out, two go in! :v: It'll make that next train ride a lot more interesting.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

I like the prediction floating around that while this is going on Rindou's going to flatten the Umis and bully them into joining Central.

One goes out, two go in! :v: It'll make that next train ride a lot more interesting.

That would be dumb.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That would be dumb.

only dumb things happen in this manga. it is very silly.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rindou is the E10 member I'd be least worried about. She'd probably throw the competition if she thought it was more interesting.

I think its funny that Rindou's the most seen E10 member (other than Erina) apparently because Tsukuda/tosh got a positive response to the character on that one page they showed of her in the pre-Festival thing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Rindou is the E10 member I'd be least worried about. She'd probably throw the competition if she thought it was more interesting.

I think its funny that Rindou's the most seen E10 member (other than Erina) apparently because Tsukuda/tosh got a positive response to the character on that one page they showed of her in the pre-Festival thing.

To be fair she owned that page

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I really wanna know why that one guy's got a goddamn sword though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Patware posted:

I really wanna know why that one guy's got a goddamn sword though

I'm pretty sure it isn't a sword and will turn out to be some kind of obscure cooking apparatus. Kind of like the bratty half-pint member has a stuffed bear that's actually hot pads.