Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm getting tempted to scoop up Zach Zenner as a dynasty stash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

EDIT: ^^^^^^
He honestly looked way better than Washington or Riddick when he entered the game, but that could just be that the Bears were selling out against the pass by that point.

Spoeank posted:

Yes hello I have this strategy called "take the good players at the good value." Generally does okay!

LOL. I never really understood targeting positions by round. It is a terrible way to maximize your value.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 6, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My best drop options, this week, are:

Martavis Bryant
Chris Ivory
Tyrell Williams
Golden Tate

If I wait until next week I can drop Jack Doyle to pick him up, but if he goes off I might have to pay for him. (I'm holding Julius Thomas and Kelce both on bye this week sadly)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The Thing That Happened To Carson Palmer was Kimo Van Oelhoffen and then a year and a half of over-his-head production

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm getting tempted to scoop up Zach Zenner as a dynasty stash.

The Great White Hope dream will never die ZZ4L

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 6, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I dunno how you guys still have Philly D still on your waiver wire, wtf.

quote:

The Eagles defense is #1 for percentage of drives ending in a score at 11.8%....the number 2 spot? The Vikings at 20%
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/opp.htm

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

89 posted:

I dunno how you guys still have Philly D still on your waiver wire, wtf.

We don't play in a league with Eagles fans?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

LmaoTheKid posted:

We don't play in a league with Eagles fans?

The last 3 weeks via normal Yahoo scoring:

Week 1 - 17.84
Week 2 - 13.88
Week 3 - 20.56

:)

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
My guess would be people not wanting to hold them for the bye.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
The eagles being on bye is the obvious answer to why they are available in many leagues.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MacheteZombie posted:

My best drop options, this week, are:

Martavis Bryant
Chris Ivory
Tyrell Williams
Golden Tate

If I wait until next week I can drop Jack Doyle to pick him up, but if he goes off I might have to pay for him. (I'm holding Julius Thomas and Kelce both on bye this week sadly)

Martavis Bryant is the new Josh Gordon. Treat him as such.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Eagles D just got picked up last night in my public league and I blame myself for drafting such a good team that I didn't even really notice the WW at all

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The Thing That Happened To Carson Palmer was Kimo Van Oelhoffen

That was what, 2005? Bengals fans need to get over it already.

But I don't quite follow your other comment. Are you saying all of last year's cardinals play was just a fluke or whatever?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yes, KVO broke Carson Palmer and last year and the 8 or so competent games with Oakland was an anomaly

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is Larry Fitz gonna be worth anything tonight? The fact he's in the slot gives me a little hope. It's either him or DeAndre Hopkins vs. MIN or Terrelle Pryor vs. NE.....sounds like I just need to write off that WR spot this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also I got Eagles in NFL.com probably because by default it lists players by total points for the year, without accounting for bye weeks, which is mega retarded and bad.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Eagles also had a cupcake schedule weeks 1-2 so there might be some skeptics.

I'm not sure where my opinion falls, but I surely know they'll be better than my idiotic idea to run the Redskins D v. Cleveland last week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

89 posted:

The last 3 weeks via normal Yahoo scoring:

Week 1 - 17.84
Week 2 - 13.88
Week 3 - 20.56

:)

Sure, I get it, but between the bye (as others have said) and a lot of people outside of Southern NJ/Eastern PA looking at PHI as a "prove it" team, its understandable that they might be available.

Not anymore in my league where I scooped them up :getin:

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
In my dynasty league I just got offered Flacco, Hyde, a fourth round pick in our rookie draft and my choice of Dwayne Washington, Cardale Jones or Kerley for my Russel Wilson, Latavius Murray and Deandre Washington. It is a 0 ppr and 2 qb league. This is a no right?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

In my dynasty league I just got offered Flacco, Hyde, a fourth round pick in our rookie draft and my choice of Dwayne Washington, Cardale Jones or Kerley for my Russel Wilson, Latavius Murray and Deandre Washington. It is a 0 ppr and 2 qb league. This is a no right?

Not even close - someone is trying to buy low. Russell Wilson is a top 12 2QB dynasty asset and you should be getting the equivalent of multiple first rounders or an elite WR in exchange.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I would go even further and say Wilson is a top 5 dynasty QB in a 2 QB format. Do not sell.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm wondering if I should even bother with John Brown tonight.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 6, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shyduck posted:

I'm wondering if I should even bother with Josh Brown tonight.

I'm sitting him for Shepard.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

shyduck posted:

You mean John? Who are your other options? Probably don't want to be starting any Cardinals tonight that aren't named "David Johnson" or "D/ST".

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Who do I drop if Cam doesn't look like he can play? .5 ppr otherwise standard yahoo scoring.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

dalstrs posted:

Who do I drop if Cam doesn't look like he can play? .5 ppr otherwise standard yahoo scoring.

James White pretty easily.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

dalstrs posted:

James White or Allen Hurns.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Agree James White but you can also look at the waiver wire at tight ends and if there are viable options, Orange Julius is droppable.

Which also means see if you can trade White + Thomas (and/or + hurns) for a QB2 with someone in your league?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

shyduck posted:

Tonight will be a Jaron Brown night :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drop Seth Roberts for Fat Carlos in dynasty?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Drop Seth Roberts for Fat Carlos in dynasty?

Bills apparently cancelled their workout with Fat Karl

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

Bills apparently cancelled their workout with Fat Karl

That's a big no then

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
:pray: Dear baby football Jesus, please let Marvin Jones fall to me after someone dropped him even though i'm 15/16 on Waiver priority. :pray:

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

:pray: Dear baby football Jesus, please let Marvin Jones fall to me after someone dropped him even though i'm 15/16 on Waiver priority. :pray:

In a 16 person league...someone dropped marvin jones?!? wowow

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm holding James White through the weekend, with Brady back he could go back to ppr viable

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Marshmallow Blue posted:

This is why you save your waiver priority

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Butter Hole posted:

In a 16 person league...someone dropped marvin jones?!? wowow

work league. Guy is 4-0 but is clearly tanking himself into obscurity.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Marshmallow Blue posted:

What in the ever loving gently caress?!?!

Azhais posted:

I'm holding James White through the weekend, with Brady back he could go back to ppr viable

The prince of that backfield is on IR and due back so if he does go to viable, sell fast.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Sataere posted:

This is why you save your waiver priority

I used it on Steve Smith because I thought he was pretty solid for a 16 team league. Clearly, I put too much faith in the other owners. Can;t wait to pickup Antonio brown after the Pitsburg bye week or a bad game lol gently caress

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Does he have literal downs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Does he have literal downs?

I was in a room discussing things with him and he was talking to another new player about how waivers and free agents work. Said he dropped him after the DNP report because he needed a player now or something. anyways my only hope is the 3 people who actually pay attention . aren't looking because the big slew of waivers have passed

• Locked thread