Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pick up and drop a bunch of kickers or something ASAP, so the transaction isn't on the front page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RBX posted:

The waiver wire sucks rear end this year. I'm in 8,10,and 12 team leagues. And the RB disrespect this year is really funny as they're the most valuable commodity. Zero RB has really backfired for people who did it. The top WRs have mostly underpreformed. Random weeks of ridiculous scores and bad QB play has dominated. Nothing on the wire for RBs is rosterable.

In standard scoring:

RB1-12 have an average of 59 points to date; RB13-24 have an average of 41 points. RB50 has 14 points. 6 RBs drafted with an ADP of 1-24 are not in the t50 for scoring (AP, Charles, Doug Martin, Foster, Rawls, Stewart). 7 of the ADP RB1-12 are in the t24 for RB scoring; 7 of the ADP ranked 13-24 are in the t24 for RB scoring (14/24 'hit').

WR1-12 have an average of 51.5 points; WR13-24 have an average of 39.9 points. WR50 has 24 points. 5 WRs drafted WR1-24 aren't in the T50 for scoring (Allen, Bryant, Watkins, Cobb, Edelman). 5 of those with ADP WR1-12, and 5 of those with ADP WR13-24 are in the top 24 for scoring. (10/24 'hit')

Given:
1) "Hitting" a RB seems to have generated more value (fall off harder from an RB1 to an RB2 vs WR1 to WR2; higher average points for equivalent ranking). That said, WRs surpass RB value at RB23)
2) Higher drafted RBs were more likely to 'hit' (the t12 WRs to date range from ADP 1 to ADP 53; T24 goes up to WR108. For RBs it's 40/47; 14 of the top 24 RBs are actually RB1-24 vs 10 of the WR1-24)
3) There are more 'replacement level' WRs -- teams run more WRs than RBs, so there tend to be more WRs that produce higher numbers available later and on WW than there are RBs

Plus two of the t10 ADP RBs were known to be out at the start of the season -- Bell and Charles. Given that, it shouldn't surprise us that neither of those show up in the t24 for RBs (nor should it surprise us that Williams and Ware do). The same doesn't hold on the WR side of things.

The obsession with trying to draft WRs at the expense of picking up lottery tickets for RB later seems odd to me.

Obviously it depends on your settings, but especially in standard scoring that seems to favor RBs over WRs (as RBs 'tend' to average more yards/game and equivalent or more TDs/game than their WR counterparts)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
poo poo, I have Zeke and DJ and I'm still sifting through waivers and FA's for RB gold.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

Pick up and drop a bunch of kickers or something ASAP, so the transaction isn't on the front page!

It is done, but i mixed some random RB /WR scrubs in as well

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Trade query:

18 team (yes it's dumb) standard scoring league. I am a dismal 0-4, partly bad luck like losing Keenan Allen and having the highest points against by far, partly a couple of bad decisions like drafting Tate, in a league too big to give much room for error.

I have an offer on the table I am unsure about:

Give: DeSean Jackson, Darren Sproles, Justin Tucker
Get: Todd Gurley, Nick Folk

My team is:
QB: Stafford, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer
RB: Howard, Mckinnon, Sproles, Chris Thompson
WR: AJ Green, DeSean Jackson, Quincy Enunwa, Tyrell Williams, Sammie Coates
TE: Reed
K: Tucker
DST: streaming

I'm getting the best player in the deal by a mile but he is in a terrible situation. And while kickers usually don't matter with a league this size I think they might - I'm giving up the most consistent player in Tucker and the best kicker on the wire not on a bye is Blair Walsh. Should I still mash just for the set and forget starter in Gurley?

Before anyone asks why I have 3 qbs it's because I drafted the first 2 and picked up Hoyer just for this week due to matchup. Because of the size of the league QBs are so scarce that there are literally no other starting Qbs on the wire and even a couple of backups are rostered. There are already teams who have had to play games without starting a qb due to injury and steadfast refusal to trade. I have come top of the regular season standings every year before but the big increase in size has clearly put an end to that!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

lol good good, hope it works for ya

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

LmaoTheKid posted:

poo poo, I have Zeke and DJ and I'm still sifting through waivers and FA's for RB gold.

Always this, what else do you do at work all day?

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Marshmallow Blue posted:

This rules, godspeed sir.

I have the Eagles and Texans defenses atm, losing faith in the Watt-less Texans. Worth dropping them for Powell?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
McKinnon and Morris for Lacy and Sharpe a good trade? I might try and see if I can get Crowder over Sharpe, because Tennessee is a black hole of bag of dick sucking dumpster fire.

I'm actually leaning towards this whole trade being a dumpster fire given it's a PPR league.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I don't think Alf has any trade value at this point unless they are a die hard cowboys fan or something.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I don't think Alf has any trade value at this point unless they are a die hard cowboys fan or something.

Other guy has Zeke so he wants the handcuff.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
okay,

I don't trust Lacey as a whole, but he could come back but might stink too. Probobly has a higher upside than the rest though I guess.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Aguamoose posted:

Trade query:

18 team (yes it's dumb) standard scoring league. I am a dismal 0-4, partly bad luck like losing Keenan Allen and having the highest points against by far, partly a couple of bad decisions like drafting Tate, in a league too big to give much room for error.

I have an offer on the table I am unsure about :

Give: DeSean Jackson, Darren Sproles, Justin Tucker
Get: Todd Gurley, Nick Folk

My team is:
QB: Stafford, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer
RB: Howard, Mckinnon, Sproles, Chris Thompson
WR: AJ Green, DeSean Jackson, Quincy Enunwa, Tyrell Williams, Sammie Coates
TE: Reed
K: Tucker
DST: streaming

I'm getting the best player in the deal by a mile but he is in a terrible situation. And while kickers usually don't matter with a league this size I think they might - I'm giving up the most consistent player in Tucker and the best kicker on the wire not on a bye is Blair Walsh. Should I still mash just for the set and forget starter in Gurley?

Before anyone asks why I have 3 qbs it's because I drafted the first 2 and picked up Hoyer just for this week due to matchup. Because of the size of the league QBs are so scarce that there are literally no other starting Qbs on the wire and even a couple of backups are rostered. There are already teams who have had to play games without starting a qb due to injury and steadfast refusal to trade. I have come top of the regular season standings every year before but the big increase in size has clearly put an end to that!

Mash

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

You mean John? Who are your other options? Probably don't want to be starting any Cardinals tonight that aren't named "David Johnson" or "D/ST".
Yeah, whoops! This'll be a flex spot so Quincy Enunwa, Darren Sproles, or Tajae Sharpe in that order of confidence over Brown. 0.5 PPR.

Sharpe has been largely ineffective outside of the first week, so I'm tempted to drop him if anything semi-good is on waivers.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

shyduck posted:

Yeah, whoops! This'll be a flex spot so Quincy Enunwa, Darren Sproles, or Tajae Sharpe in that order of confidence over Brown. 0.5 PPR.

Sharpe has been largely ineffective outside of the first week, so I'm tempted to drop him if anything semi-good is on waivers.

Yeah I'd go with Enunwa.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I'm preparing for Ebron to be out this weekend. Couple decent streamers, but should I just cut him to roll with Cameron Brate? Is this the kind of foot injury that's going to linger and be an issue with Ebron?

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

Yeah, I was over thinking. Done.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ugh I hate bye week. Wilson, Charles, Ware, C. Mike, Robinson, Snead, and Kelceare all out this week. And now Latavius Murray is broken. Should I even bother? I'll be playing without a TE.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

BigFactory posted:

I'm preparing for Ebron to be out this weekend. Couple decent streamers, but should I just cut him to roll with Cameron Brate? Is this the kind of foot injury that's going to linger and be an issue with Ebron?

I did just that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

dxt posted:

Always this, what else do you do at work all day?

loving this.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay. So I just turned Tyrell Williams and DeAndre Washington into Jordan Matthews in standard. Did I win? Or does he know something I don't? He is the Latavius owner though...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Okay. So I just turned Tyrell Williams and DeAndre Washington into Jordan Matthews in standard. Did I win? Or does he know something I don't? He is the Latavius owner though...

You won

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Can I drop Ware if I have Charles?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Can I drop Ware if I have Charles?

Not until he proves he's healthy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pubic works project posted:

How the gently caress

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Someone dropped Wallace in my standard score league--do I drop Crowder, Woods, or Hurns to pick him up?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

How the gently caress

People getting wayyy too excited about DeAndre Washington

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Cervixalot posted:

People getting wayyy too excited about DeAndre Washington

Have you ever rostered Jordan Matthews before? Prepare to be mad all the time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone know offhand how Fitz did with Stanton last season? NM for some reason I thought he started a few games last year.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Sataere posted:

Have you ever rostered Jordan Matthews before? Prepare to be mad all the time.

The mark Sanchez Jordan Matthews stack was great in daily that one year.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Butter Hole posted:

Someone dropped Wallace in my standard score league--do I drop Crowder, Woods, or Hurns to pick him up?

Hurns?

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
After going back and forth with a trade partner ended up with

I give up
Demarco Murray
Isaiah Crowell
Randall Cobb

I receive
Allen Robinson
Mike Evans

So in a 12 team .5 PPR league with 2 WRs 2 RBs and 2 FLEX my new line up would be

QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Mike Evans
RB: Lamar Miller
RB: LeSean McCoy
FLEX: Matt Forte
FLEX: DemaryiusThomas
TE: Delanie Walker
DEF: Philadelphia

Bench
Doug Martin
Charles Sims
Allen Hurns
Tyrell Willaims
Cole Beasely

I should accept that right?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I honestly just think DeAndre Washington has the talent and potential opportunity behind Oakland's line to be a real difference maker. Explosive in tight spaces and offers a lot more as a pass-catcher than Murray.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

How the gently caress

:shrug::dance:

And I owned Matthews last year. So I know how frustrating he can be. But it's still an upgrade.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Drop DAK for Hoyer? I got Brees on bye. Same point, drop Ginn Jr. or Floyd for Brice Butler if Dez doesn't go? Full PPR, but return yards get points (Ginns a lock for about 10 pt)

Tannenhill is the only other "option", but I dont think he is off waivers before game time.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Currently starting Tevin Coleman and Terrance West at RB in one league and DeAndre Washington is a FA.

My other RB's are J.Stew, Spencer Ware, and Kenneth Dixon. Is Ware droppable for me if i don't have JC?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Would you drop any of T.Benjamin, Mike Wallace or Terrelle Pryor for Steve Smith Sr? Gut says that Wallace is about to cool off. But my gut is stupid and eats a lot of garbage, so I dunno. And he feels like he's in a similar situation as T-Benj, so :shrug:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Would you drop any of T.Benjamin, Mike Wallace or Terrelle Pryor for Steve Smith Sr? Gut says that Wallace is about to cool off. But my gut is stupid and eats a lot of garbage, so I dunno. And he feels like he's in a similar situation as T-Benj, so :shrug:

nope

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Swarmin Swedes posted:

After going back and forth with a trade partner ended up with

I give up
Demarco Murray
Isaiah Crowell
Randall Cobb

I receive
Allen Robinson
Mike Evans

So in a 12 team .5 PPR league with 2 WRs 2 RBs and 2 FLEX my new line up would be

QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Mike Evans
RB: Lamar Miller
RB: LeSean McCoy
FLEX: Matt Forte
FLEX: DemaryiusThomas
TE: Delanie Walker
DEF: Philadelphia

Bench
Doug Martin
Charles Sims
Allen Hurns
Tyrell Willaims
Cole Beasely

I should accept that right?

Holy poo poo that RB depth. I like this deal for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I got offered his Melvin Gordon for my Lamar Miller, 0.5 PPR league. I don't do that, right? Miller's getting plenty of volume and the TDs will come, whereas Gordon's TD production doesn't seem sustainable. Someone yell at me if I'm thinking about this dumb, but seems like an obvious reject to me.

• Locked thread