Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Booking isn't rocket science

You don't have to be a genius to see it when you post multiple "guesses" right after another several weeks in a row that myseriously match up point by point with the spoilers.

How come you don't post your amazing insights about the live shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
if you've watched wrestling for more than a year and didn't see almas's heel turn coming as soon as that team was announced I really don't know what to tell you

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

You don't have to be a genius to see it when you post multiple "guesses" right after another several weeks in a row that myseriously match up point by point with the spoilers.

Dana Brooke is going to turn on Charlotte.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

ParanoidInc posted:

if you've watched wrestling for more than a year and didn't see almas's heel turn coming as soon as that team was announced I really don't know what to tell you

I only selected that one as an example since it happened on this weeks show. He posted others that happen on future shows.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They should've had Bronson Matthews debut instead of Dan Matha, just to nail home the point that Tough Enough was a complete wash and that Patrick and Mandy were the people they really wanted to win instead.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

https://twitter.com/DotNetZim/status/776578867901456384

Maybe it cut away from that? I didn't see it

Ahh that would make sense. Scoops!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is a big time disappointment. Nicole would have been my pick for the WWE Women's Tournament with little reservation. A great, youngful wrestler with "IT" factor who would be match up with Asuka extremely well. She tore her ACL.

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/784034710758395904

The next NXT taping is this Thursday. I personally expect some of the tryoutees from last week to show their heads. Medicals for them are a point of priority bar one or two.

Lince, Liv and Aliyah doing non-Florida NXT live events:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Haven't watched NXT since the CWC started. If I want to get back in at the start of the Dusty Classic, which episode do I start with? Yesterday's?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
are The Hype Bros in it?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
That was a good NXT!

dordreff posted:

So is Patrick Clarke's gimmick that he's desperately searching for a gimmick?

No I think that's D'Angelo Hawkins.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

keevo posted:

That was a good NXT!

No I think that's D'Angelo Hawkins.

The pot stirring gesture is actually a cry for help, as in "I'm circling the toilet bowl of failed gimmicks."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
About Ibushi match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRUbcHYJ1Mc

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Jenny Angel posted:

Haven't watched NXT since the CWC started. If I want to get back in at the start of the Dusty Classic, which episode do I start with? Yesterday's?
Last week is when they start to talk about it and start pairing up teams, and this week is the first round. Go with those.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

FullMetalJackoff posted:

The pot stirring gesture is actually a cry for help, as in "I'm circling the toilet bowl of failed gimmicks."

it's the goddamn cooking dance!!!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mind the based gods curse, Dawkins

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So Io Shirai to WWE is a thing apparently.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

So Io Shirai to WWE is a thing apparently.
Io Shirai is legitimately great but I think Hojo could be the most popular women's wrestler of all time based on her elbow drop alone

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wouldn't her going to NXT have to not happen until several months after her brief LU appearance?

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

RealFoxy posted:

Io Shirai is legitimately great but I think Hojo could be the most popular women's wrestler of all time based on her elbow drop alone

Pity Mio retired, we could've had a version of Triple Tails beat down an unsuspecting Funaki.

"DTF, baby!"

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
How does WWE feel about Evie? She had that one squash match against Nia and then nothing else.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Looking through his posts, the only guess he makes other than the completely obvious Almas heel turn is that Sanity beat Roode and Dillinger which is also a pretty obvious result but thanks for putting it beyond a shadow of a doubt, pal. :)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Dusty final will be Authors of Pain def. TM61 (their two tag teams that they should be heavily invested in building) and #DIY will defeat The Revival to set up their rematch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

congrats man. I hope you always remember that evening

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

congrats man. I hope you always remember that evening

Those autographs weren't from that evening. rovert got them...two weeks ago.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dias posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i cant believe trevor was in my city and i didnt go to this show

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I got tickets for the Theater at MSG house show but then my buddy decided he didn't want to pay $100 for a seat, so we're thinking of just getting tickets 4 hours beforehand on stubhub or something.

I really wanted ringside seats but they're quite expensive.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

AlmightyPants posted:

I got tickets for the Theater at MSG house show but then my buddy decided he didn't want to pay $100 for a seat, so we're thinking of just getting tickets 4 hours beforehand on stubhub or something.

I really wanted ringside seats but they're quite expensive.

what the gently caress, how did I not hear about this show until now?

ringside seats are the same price as the lower seating; I would have totally gotten a ringside ticket if they were still available :(

ugh, I guess I just won't go to this, it's really pricey and I don't think it's worth it to see wrestling in a venue like that. it's too big to be a fun intimate show but too small to feel like a big event. definitely woulda gone if I could have gotten a ringside seat, or even the front of the 100 section, but the front of the 200/back of the 100 seats that are available for $130 just don't seem worth it at all...

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 8, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dias posted:

Considering the cards all come pre-signed it's actually possible that they were in fact signed two weeks ago.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wow the Authors of Pain really half-rear end their sigs

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't think I've seen that kind of set up where the ring is on the stage in an actual theatre before. Is that common at house shows?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

achillesforever6 posted:

Wow the Authors of Pain really half-rear end their sigs
They gotta get used to their new names and how to sign them. It's not like they had much experience before.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't think I've seen that kind of set up where the ring is on the stage in an actual theatre before. Is that common at house shows?

not that i've ever seen but i'm sure it's happened before

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NXT has done it a couple times I think when they were in Seattle earlier this year it was the same setup

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
I saw that at an indie show in Ireland a few years ago and it's really strange to see in person. Finn's last show with the company was the previous time, which I missed. What I saw was essentially a show for kids, but I was half drunk so the unsubtle attempts of the stills photographer to get chants and catchphrases going kept me entertained the whole night.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Considering the cards all come pre-signed it's actually possible that they were in fact signed two weeks ago.

Why is this two year old meme returning? I did nothing to prompt it and it shits up threads.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Better get visibly annoyed with it post-haste, to make it go away

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Why is this two year old meme returning? I did nothing to prompt it and it shits up threads.

Why are you asking me instead of the person who said it in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

IcePhoenix posted:

Why are you asking me instead of the person who said it in the first place?

Wouldn't be able to see it, honestly. Nor do I care about rovert's feelings so he can move on and heal.

• Locked thread