Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I could actually see Cyborg beating Gabi in the cage despite that being the one matchup where she would be on the bad side of a size advantage. Cyborg's striking isn't anything to sing about, but it's worlds ahead of Garcia's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Nice! posted:

I could actually see Cyborg beating Gabi in the cage despite that being the one matchup where she would be on the bad side of a size advantage. Cyborg's striking isn't anything to sing about, but it's worlds ahead of Garcia's.

And I've only seen her first fight, but Gabi did not respond well to pressure. Size aside, pressure and tenacity are what Cyborg brings to a fight.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CommonShore posted:

And I've only seen her first fight, but Gabi did not respond well to pressure. Size aside, pressure and tenacity are what Cyborg brings to a fight.

Yeah but would she if the other woman had 5 inches and a hundred pounds on her (or whatever the real difference is since Garcia's measurements are all made up)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah but would she if the other woman had 5 inches and a hundred pounds on her (or whatever the real difference is since Garcia's measurements are all made up)

I believe entirely that Gaby is 220ish or more easily. She is loving huge.

In this hypothetical fight Cyborg would be on equal amounts of gear and probably in the 190 range. Gabi is bigger for sure but not monstrously so. Remember Cyborg cut from 170 something for her latest 140 fight.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Palhares was just knocked out in KSW.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Very nice. https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/782325118441758720

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im glad Palhares got kicked out of every organization with top level fighters and is now getting murked by guys no one has ever heard of

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

manyak posted:

Im glad Palhares got kicked out of every organization with top level fighters and is now getting murked by guys no one has ever heard of

It's better than he deserves.

drat that's a brutal uppercut.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

manyak posted:

Me too

mewse
May 2, 2006

manyak posted:

Putting palhares in the steroidbowl and lockign the door behind him is insanely sick imo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

same

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

manyak posted:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'll admit when Palhares was first given the boot by UFC I was hopeful he would learn not to crank on submissions and work his way back to UFC since I did enjoy watching most of his fights. But then he just kept doing shitheaded things and being a bad guy. So gently caress him.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

:thumbsup:

sick accuracy on that uppercut, and he was ducking directly into it bwahaha

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

TheRationalRedditor posted:

:thumbsup:

sick accuracy on that uppercut, and he was ducking directly into it bwahaha

followed immediately by Materla treating the back of his head like the Family Feud buzzer, lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ironic Twist posted:

followed immediately by Materla treating the back of his head like the Family Feud buzzer, lol

Lmao yeah

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Queen is back.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
So if Palhares is currently banned by the NSAC but taking fights in Poland, are there going to be any repercussions for that? They generally look down in people who are banned taking fights elsewhere, and being petty and small minded as they are they might take this as a personal affront.

Not that that would be a bad thing in this case, because gently caress Palhares.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Memento posted:

So if Palhares is currently banned by the NSAC but taking fights in Poland, are there going to be any repercussions for that? They generally look down in people who are banned taking fights elsewhere, and being petty and small minded as they are they might take this as a personal affront.

Not that that would be a bad thing in this case, because gently caress Palhares.

They could prevent him from ever getting licensed to fight in the US again and/or garnish any future purses from his fights in an AC-controlled state, but if he just keeps fighting in Europe and Asia there's not a lot they can do about it. Brazil is a maybe; I'm not sure what kind of relationship CABMMA has with the US commissions.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Memento posted:

There's kind of a mixed precedent for this situation so it's hard to say. I can't remember the exact details, but I think after Vitor popped one time the NSAC told him that if he took fights outside of the US to circumvent the suspension, it would negatively affect him when he did reapply. On the other hand, when Shlemenko popped the CSAC didn't really care if he fought outside of the US.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

There's kind of a mixed precedent for this situation so it's hard to say. I can't remember the exact details, but I think after Vitor popped one time the NSAC told him that if he took fights outside of the US to circumvent the suspension, it would negatively affect him when he did reapply. On the other hand, when Shlemenko popped the CSAC didn't really care if he fought outside of the US.

Mind that Shlemenko hasn't fought in the US since then.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ramzan Kadyrov's child just brutalized another child on a broadcast of his MMA promotion.

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/783385597251584000

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 4, 2016

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Man I love weird fights, freak show fights, blowouts, cosplay kickboxers and other bizarre match-ups but I just can't get into kid mma.

That doesn't even take into account that the kid's father is most likely a war criminal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Man I love weird fights, freak show fights, blowouts, cosplay kickboxers and other bizarre match-ups but I just can't get into kid mma.

That doesn't even take into account that the kid's father is most likely a war criminal.

same. I'm happy with child kickboxing tho.

Also Oct19th, please watch Alaska Fighting Championships. The last event they had didn't have a fight outside of the first round and it was some of the funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Le Saboteur posted:

Ramzan Kadyrov's child just brutalized another child on a broadcast of his MMA promotion.

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/783385597251584000
I was expecting a Chris Horodecki type situation but no, those are literal children.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
man this is weird

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/6/13187164/fedor-criticized-chechen-dictator-child-mma-fights-threatened-by-kadyrov-cronies

quote:

The oldest of Kadyrov’s children, Akhmad, is 11 years old and weighs 30 kilograms. He eventually won his fight by KO. The other two sons, 10 and 9 years old, won unanimous decisions and were awarded miniaturized belts for their efforts while Kadyrov’s henchmen celebrated around them.

The next day, the President of the Russian MMA Union, Fedor Emelianenko, criticized Kadyrov’s promotion for hosting child fights.

“What happened at the tournament in Grozny is unacceptable and, moreover, cannot be justified,” he wrote on his social media account. “Needless to say that kids under age of 12 cannot even attend MMA fights (in Russia) as spectators, but here we had little ones as young as eight beating each other up in front of happy adults.

“I am outraged by the fact that the head of Chechnya was watching over it. Didn’t [the Chechen] sports minister tell him about the fact that children under 12 cannot participate in MMA under any circumstances?”

Fedor’s criticism was met with public humiliation and threats from the Chechen people, mainly Kadyrov’s fighters and cronies. UFC lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov, WSOF flyweight champion Magomed Bibulatov, Akhmat MMA president Abuzayed Vismuradov, and others all had choice words for Fedor for his decision to stand against them.

One of Kadyrov’s closest allies, State Duma rep Adam Delimkhanov, even threatened that Fedor will be “held responsible for his words against Kadyrov’s children.”

I know Fedor is close buddies with Putin so I'm not really sure why Ramzan and his cronies would call him out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grandmaster.flv posted:

man this is weird

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/6/13187164/fedor-criticized-chechen-dictator-child-mma-fights-threatened-by-kadyrov-cronies

I know Fedor is close buddies with Putin so I'm not really sure why Ramzan and his cronies would call him out.

He may have fallen out of favor after the last shitshow fight. Putin only hangs out with winners.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Grandmaster.flv posted:

man this is weird

I don't think they are close friends, I think Putin likes to be around winners, Fedor isn't useful to him other than that.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Can you imagine being the poor sap whose child has to fight the son of a literal warlord? Like, "don't get hurt out there son... but uh, don't try too hard either..."

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
here i am, completely on fedor's side

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Marching Powder posted:

here i am, completely on fedor's side

same. and i think khabib is a piece of poo poo now.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

man this is weird

Fedor advocating against something that's ethically reprehensible? Take a picture!

lol @ the mindless seething anger of the retaliation too

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Google Butt posted:

same. and i think khabib is a piece of poo poo now.

Yeah basically

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im the 11 year old who beats up the son of a murderous war criminal and my family mysteriously disappears

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheRationalRedditor posted:

lol @ the mindless seething anger of the retaliation too

I assume that if you like and respect people with the title of "Warlord" you probably only have two speeds, amiable neutrality and murderous rage.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

manyak posted:

Im the 11 year old who beats up the son of a murderous war criminal and my family mysteriously disappears

lemme know when your life story hits Redbox.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
So like the WSOF main event is off apparently? Dugulubgov got sick and they pulled it. So I can go back to not caring about WSOF until the next Gaethje fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/..._source=twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Shawn Jordan is lighting up this Ashley Gootch guy