Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Space T Rex posted:

I never knew about the Magma Armor part!

Considering that only 2 Pokémon have the ability, and Magcargo also gets Flame Body, it tends to get overlooked.

Also, all it does is prevent the frozen status. Whoop-de-loving-doo.

Edit: My beautiful molten son

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Bring back HOTBANANA

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oddium posted:

the ideal hatching route would be holding up while the camera autorotates and would be on the same route as the daycare + iv checker, plus in a game where fly was replaced with the eon flute.

what's that you say ??
are they gonna avoid that awesome quality of life stuff so they can save it for the gen 4 remake?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Ruggington posted:

I can't believe they modeled spirit fusions with every single pokemon

I can't believe they also took out every Mega Evolution except Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Lucario, Mega Salamence, and Mega Aerodactyl.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

cams posted:

are they gonna avoid that awesome quality of life stuff so they can save it for the gen 4 remake?

I think it's more that usually the people they have working on the remakes are quality of life minded while the people working on the main games are creatives who suck at quality of life because it gets in the way of their vision, man.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

magcargo love to help egg

how is a volcarona even supposed to hold the egg. no thanks

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

oddium posted:

Checkmate atheists.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My Fletchinder carries a basket with five eggs in it in its talons. It is a very talented bird.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Every pokemon will have the ability

Every single one. I can't wait for for my Ash-Popplio.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Crosspeice posted:

or one really filled out town or so.

Late, but... Battle Whatever? I dunno how big the Maison thing was, never got around to XY. Also they need to bring back PWT. :colbert:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
everybody knows that Ash-Ditto is the new meta for Pokeman Sun Moon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Every single one. I can't wait for for my Ash-Popplio.

around here they usually do curbside pickup of popplio around 530am so you're gonna have to get up early

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

OneDeadman posted:

everybody knows that Ash-Ditto is the new meta for Pokeman Sun Moon

We even have an exclusive leak of what that looks like

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They modeled fusions for everyone in Dragon Ball fusions, they can do it for Pokemon.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

oddium posted:

Magcargo has finally achieved its destiny by being everyone's egg-hatching buddy. :3:

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Blackheart posted:

They modeled fusions for everyone in Dragon Ball fusions, they can do it for Pokemon.

Lies. You can't fuse everybody to everybody.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So which of the starters are you guys picking, Litten or Rowlett

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Decus posted:

Lies. You can't fuse everybody to everybody.

you can actually

but a lot of them are generated from pieces of the original characters' faces/hair/clothing/etc and only a portion of them are actually pre-designed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Calaveron posted:

Litten. "No doubt about it"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calaveron posted:

Popplio, and also gently caress you

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Calaveron posted:

Rowlett, it's just too adorable. Shame they don't have a water starter this Gen. It's like when they did Gen 5 and the water starter just didn't have a 3rd evolution and stopped at stage 2. Really weird.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Popplio. I like the entertainer aesthetic the line seems to have.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I hope when you fuse pokemon in Pokemon Gemini and Cancer, they have pokemon fuse by just stretching Pokemon 1's existing model onto Pokemon 2's skeleton and randomly choosing a pallet of colors from the two.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm picking Rowlett but don't you disparage my cute friend Popplio. :colbert:

I remember people dunking on Oshawott before BW as well, what do people have against adorable water types? :(

E: For real though I'm gonna find a way to get all 3

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 7, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I will choose Litten, because I always pick the fire starter in the first game of a generation, and because it's a cat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

I remember people dunking on Oshawott before BW as well, what do people have against adorable water types? :(

E: For real though I'm gonna find a way to get all 3

I'm assuming they just don't think Popplio is cute. Messed up imo.

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

oddium posted:

the ideal hatching route would be holding up while the camera autorotates and would be on the same route as the daycare + iv checker, plus in a game where fly was replaced with the eon flute.

what's that you say ??

The ideal route would be this, but without the sand bars that slow you down, and with a camera that autorotates even while holding left or right instead of up, so that you don't have to reset your clothespin/coin under the circle pad every time an egg hatches.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i can't decide between popplio and rowlett

all of both of their forms are so great

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i am probably going to go with. litten. but the owl is stellar too. if you choose popplio they should take away your driver's license for the safety of the rest of us

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

AlphaKretin posted:

I see some fans here and there actually complaining that Brionne is too feminine and bash it for that. It's like they've forgotten that Meganium and Delphox exist.

Anyway I hope Wondertrade is back so it'll be easy to obtain all 3 starters and more.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm a Popplio supporter as well, but every time I hear that about Oshawott it just blows my mind. Hate on Samurott all you want, I like it but I'm not its biggest fan, but Oshawott and Dewott are adorable and perfect and I don't know how anyone could dislike them.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm probably going Litten because I cannot imagine anything more embarrassing than being killed by a lucky ice attack

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Calaveron posted:

I'm gonna go with Popplio. But I'm probably also gonna get a Litten just to cover my bases.

Owl dork is at the bottom of my list.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
popplio lyfe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm a Popplio supporter as well, but every time I hear that about Oshawott it just blows my mind. Hate on Samurott all you want, I like it but I'm not its biggest fan, but Oshawott and Dewott are adorable and perfect and I don't know how anyone could dislike them.

hey tepig have you seen that gross thing oshawott does when he opens his mouth

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm replaying pokemon conquest and can someone tell me why almost every generic warrior is male

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm replaying pokemon conquest and can someone tell me why almost every generic warrior is male

I can't but I want to say that I support your decision.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I like all three. Now please GF make them as good as the Gen 4 starters.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

what's that you say ??
I haven't actually tried, can you still poke the map with a stylus to fly without an actual flier in your party because gently caress the eon flute if not

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm getting Litten because fire is the best type and wrestling is the best type of tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Hey so about the Sun and Moon demo coming out on October 18th, they said the benefits of playing that is so we can get a free Ash-Greninja transferrable if and when we buy our real copy of Sun and Moon. What I want to know is, does it matter how much you train it or will everyone just get the same standard level Ash-Greninja that Nintendo will set for us?

Also is the Ash-Greninja it or can we catch other things in the demo and transfer that over when the game comes out?