Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Lewis engine had a crankshaft main bearing failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Riso posted:

Lewis engine had a crankshaft main bearing failure.

To be fair I couldn't bare to be in the same car with him either.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Croc posted:

Arjun Maini looks like he works in IT

:wow:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Motorsport.com bought Autosport.com. I guess AtlasF1 is now truly dead :(.

meh, they already basically bought autosport when they hired away all the good writers. autosport has been a walking corpse since noble and elizade left.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Halo14 posted:

Not long to go now, hope this race is as good as the last. Nando for Podium. Book it.

I'm going to be way this weekend and am SO PISSED there's a 99% chance I won't be able to watch this race live.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Confirmed; Frogstappen admits he doesn't know how to properly race.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-anyone-but-ricciardo-i-would-have-pushed-wide-835382/

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Kind of off topic, but are there any decent F1 podcasts? I had listened to one called missed apex a few times and it was really cringey.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

McHonda has ruined Nando's career so thoroughly that even in his adopted home country nobody recognizes him

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLLt7QRBHEJ/

All whiteys look the same to them.

I just watched the race last night and took the advice to watch the start, then FF to about lap 35. The Red Bulls actually made it look interesting for a bit, and it was nice to see the team let them run each other. Rosberg's desperation is showing, but if that lights a fire under him, I don't care. Get that WDC Britney!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Alt F1 is good but fairly intro level. They tend to get a lot of things wrong because they are casual fans instead of super knowledgeable experts.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLOR17wBUtA/?taken-by=fernandoalo_oficial&hl=en

11/10 would eat at this restaurant.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Yeah I totally WOULD have won and I'm better but..."

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:gizz:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I love these guys as teammates, especially at this stage in their careers where they basically just do what they want.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

CratSock posted:

I love these guys as teammates, especially at this stage in their careers where they basically just do what they want.

Yeah but then you would have to drive a McHonda

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hell I wish I could drive a McLaren Honda with Nando as a teammate.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I love how Fernando calls him "Yenson"

1500quidporsche posted:

This. This would be the best thing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

I love how Fernando calls him "Yenson"

Yenson. I can't feel my face.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I am totally pysche, American bro.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

"Yenson... Yenson, pull my finger! Hahahahahaha, got you Yenson!"

Antics in the McLaren garage.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Sounds like next season might be fun, hopefully Rosberg doesn't win the WDC so I don't have to quit watching F1 forever

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

poty posted:

Sounds like next season might be fun, hopefully Rosberg doesn't win the WDC so I don't have to quit watching F1 forever

He's going to win. Lewis is broken and his cars keep catching on fire.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Imagine driving a RedBull with MaxCrap as a teammate. This gives you some idea what an unbearably sunny disposition Ricky D must have that he can still smile so big in that situation.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I image it's rather easy to wind Frog boy up, he's a petulant 19 year old. My concern would be having to work with Christian "coma inducing" Horner on a regular basis, the man is as interesting as wonder bread.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If your non-stop reaction to being one of the 0.000000000001% of people who are able to call what they do their job isn't:

Then you're probably a broken person.

That's why it's so hard to bear Lewis' petulance. He's the male equivalent of those MY SWEET 16 PARTY hissyfit reality stars.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I image it's rather easy to wind Frog boy up, he's a petulant 19 year old. My concern would be having to work with Christian "coma inducing" Horner on a regular basis, the man is as interesting as wonder bread.

But his leg shake is back. super interesting

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

is that jared fogel between them?

also I didnt see this posted http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/bored-lewis-hamilton-snapchats-during-f1-press-conferen-1787505091

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Khablam posted:

If your non-stop reaction to being one of the 0.000000000001% of people who are able to call what they do their job isn't:

Then you're probably a broken person.

That's why it's so hard to bear Lewis' petulance. He's the male equivalent of those MY SWEET 16 PARTY hissyfit reality stars.

yeah exactly and his behavior was somewhat excused at the start of his career because he was still pretty young like Alonso but he's a 31 year old man now, time to grow the gently caress up.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Khablam posted:

Hell, you're right!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

It's hard to reconcile because 30 years ago if you did this sort of thing you were viewed as a psychopath who didn't care if you died tomorrow and that sort of attitude was probably somewhat acceptable. Now they're getting ten times more and unless you're stupid enough to speed under yellows in hydroplane conditions you're not going to die, why are you being such a whiney bitch about this job.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the only reason jenson isn't just as unbearable as lewis is john loving button

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't have the link but Colgate Bogan Danny Ricky posted a photo of him and Froggy with a bunch of elementary school kids and captioned "great time signing autographs with Max and his classmates"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

harperdc posted:

I don't have the link but Colgate Bogan Danny Ricky posted a photo of him and Froggy with a bunch of elementary school kids and captioned "great time signing autographs with Max and his classmates"
See? Best F1 driver, deserves all the wins

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Ricci D owns

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I don't hate Ricci Daniardo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Me like kimi.

If everybody could give as few fucks as kimi, the world would be a better place. All the worlds ills stem from people giving too much of a gently caress about stuff they shouldn't give a gently caress about.

edit: nando showing off them driving skills being able to drive away from a crash.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 7, 2016

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Lol, Nando is a fraud.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nando off to a good start, testing the limits of that excellent mclaren chassis

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Lonso is just feeling the pressure of performing in his home race

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Nando off to a good start, testing the limits of that excellent mclaren chassis

Testing the compression strength of that rear wing.

edit: kimi with the fastest lap so far even with a trip onto the grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Suzuka really is an awesome track. Its just magical to watch.

• Locked thread