Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Rockstar: Erdogan
2K: the traitor gulen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rabid Mafia 3 fanboys vs rational people that don't want a buggy unoptimized game in this thread

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm gonna play this fuckign game

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Deakul posted:

Rabid Mafia 3 fanboys vs rational people that don't want a buggy unoptimized game in this thread

Ah yes. Adults crying about a game they don't have to buy are the rational people. Sure.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
PC gamers are insufferable

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Deakul posted:

Lol if you think that.

tap my mountain posted:

Seriously. 2K already admitted they hosed up and are on it. We'll see how it ends up.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Kontradaz posted:

Hey man, crashes are just part of PC gaming - why do you expect the devs to have a game that runs without crashes on every spec? It's impossible. 2K tried their best :(

We are entitled brats. Expecting a game to work without crashing. And the audacity we have when buying a poo poo product.

I blame the rising costs of art. We should be grateful we even get something to purchase!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Accordion Man posted:

Lol if you think that.
Seriously. 2K already admitted they hosed up and are on it. We'll see how it ends up.

Yeah. After they forgot steam offered refunds. How long did everyone wait for arkham asylum to work again?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Ted Bundy

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm gonna play this fuckign game

woah calm down there cowboy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Utnayan posted:

We are entitled brats. Expecting a game to work without crashing. And the audacity we have when buying a poo poo product.

I blame the rising costs of art. We should be grateful we even get something to purchase!

Calm down man the real issue here is nobody cares what you think

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

Calm down man the real issue here is nobody cares what you think

Ted Bundy.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 7, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Accordion Man posted:

Lol if you think that.

2k got caught and they're doing damage control, from what I've read the game's physics are tied to the fps cap very badly so this isn't going to be a patch we'll see within the first week.
30 fps caps were tolerable 10 years ago, technology has gotten better now. I didn't build a gaming PC to play things at sub-par frame rates.

This is a pretty big gently caress up, I'm tempted to get a last second refund.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Just going off twitch streams here, game looks super repetitive very much like Mad Max or an Ubisoft game.
Meet (contact) who sends you to interrogate (dude), then optionally kill 2 (named dudes) and disturb 2 (locations) until you did (x dollars of damage). Kill or recruit (sub-boss of the day)
Repeat x50

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Deakul posted:

2k got caught and they're doing damage control, from what I've read the game's physics are tied to the fps cap very badly so this isn't going to be a patch we'll see within the first week.
30 fps caps were tolerable 10 years ago, technology has gotten better now. I didn't build a gaming PC to play things at sub-par frame rates.

This is a pretty big gently caress up, I'm tempted to get a last second refund.

This.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Like I wouldn't mind the cap so much if it weren't loving with the audio, having music clip every second or two is incredibly offputting.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
This all just makes me glad I bought on PS4 rather than PC (my PC ain't great in the first place.)

For now though, I'll unbookmark the thread as it's become a dumpster fire.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

tap my mountain posted:

Wanting to play a game longer than 30 minutes without having to hard restart = insufferable, gotcha

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

quote:

UPDATE [10/6 / 6PM PT]:
We currently have a patch running here at the studio that includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options in the video menu, among other improvements for the PC version of Mafia III. We’re verifying the patch now to ensure everything is working as expected. If everything goes well, we expect the update to go live this weekend. We will be keeping the PC community up-to-date on the status of the patch throughout the weekend and thank you for all the feedback!

Maybe they weren't aware of it, or didn't think it was a problem? Pretty loving clueless either way. But glad it'll be fixed soon I guess.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Real talk. Don't buy games day one. Always wait. Broken games are to common these days. -Ted Bundy

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

incorporeal posted:

Ah yes. Adults crying about a game they don't have to buy are the rational people. Sure.

Lol I don't get it, they hosed up the launch of a PC game and we're criticizing them. People like you come in and defend the company, like what? Are you working for 2K? Are you a game dev offended people are criticizing them? I don't really care if this game flops or not, but I have a right to criticize the poo poo out of it left and right as I see fit. (and you have a right to cry because of me)

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Kontradaz posted:

Lol I don't get it, they hosed up the launch of a PC game and we're criticizing them. People like you come in and defend the company, like what? Are you working for 2K? Are you a game dev offended people are criticizing them? I don't really care if this game flops or not, but I have a right to criticize the poo poo out of it left and right as I see fit. (and you have a right to cry because of me)

When did I defend 2k?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

incorporeal posted:

When did I defend 2k?

Well you said people were crying because they had the nerve to criticize a game.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

incorporeal posted:

When did I defend 2k?

"Adults crying about a game they don't have to buy are the rational people. Sure."

You're implying people who are criticizing the game are adults who are just crying about it. Not because the game has flaws, but just because we're crybabies. Instead, we should just not buy the game. I get that, I support that - but I'm not crying, I'm just pointing out how dumb this release is.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Well. Yeah. I can see that as defending 2k. But I'm not. I just don't think video games are worth being so upset about. Not worth any of this.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is game good?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Turtlicious posted:

is game good?

Word is that it's repetitive as gently caress, but the story missions are well written and good. Just a slog to get to.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Word is that it's repetitive as gently caress, but the story missions are well written and good. Just a slog to get to.

this. I have heard the gameplay and gunplay is great and side stuff gets repative at times but the story is great and the main missions and side missions are pretty good and or great. ill see when i get my copy tomorrow.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

incorporeal posted:

Well. Yeah. I can see that as defending 2k. But I'm not. I just don't think video games are worth being so upset about. Not worth any of this.

I wouldn't consider shitposting on an entertainment forum as "being so upset." At least I'm not.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

So then it's just Mafia II again, but maybe with additional poo poo added on?

I'm fine with that, I'm just not excited for it. :shrug:

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

If anything this thread's convinced me to reinstall Mafia 1, that poo poo doesn't get old.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Kontradaz posted:

If anything this thread's convinced me to reinstall Mafia 1, that poo poo doesn't get old.

It's a really great game. Think I'll do the same until the patch is out.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is the Xbone version really 720p with no dynamic scaling? God drat that ram

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Nuts and Gum posted:

Is the Xbone version really 720p with no dynamic scaling? God drat that ram

720p30. Wave of the future.

(Yeah pretty much the only version that is worth playing right now is if you own a PS4)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you still take over blocks by shaking down store keeps, or is that no longer a thing?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Turtlicious posted:

Can you still take over blocks by shaking down store keeps, or is that no longer a thing?

I'm about to play it in an hour and a half. But when people talk repetitive basically they are just referring to that. When you take over territory. So in a way you can still do that.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
have we gotten to the part where someone says they prefer 30 frames over 60

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Well Mafia III has been out for a while now so I guess I'll come check out the thread for some opinions on the game and decide whether I'll buy it in the morning

Oh FPS chat, great.

Wait, what is this?!

Utnayan posted:

Of course, the difference between Rockstar and 2k is like comparing Jesus Christ to Ted Bundy. Rockstar actually gives a gently caress about their products/customers.

:yikes:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I AM THE TOILET posted:

I actually prefer 30. I also prefer dubs over subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I AM THE TOILET posted:

It's much more cinematic, my man

• Locked thread