Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I care about news of the Nintendo NX! Where is it?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the only thing i know about the nintendo nx is that i am going to buy one and i am going to have a blast with nintendo friends old and new

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hace posted:

I care about news of the Nintendo NX! Where is it?!?!

Inside you the whole time!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Saoshyant posted:

First Sega makes VR in 93-94.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd98RGxad0U

Then they made a hybrid portable/TV console in 95.

The NX? It's the return of Sega, the king comes back to reclaim the throne.

You heard it here first.

Nintendoes what Sega does

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

those are neither downloadable, nor offered as a subscription

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You download them onto a disc from a kiosk.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are there any good deals currently running for a Wii-U? I have some unexpected extra money, and would really like to get one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Boten Anna posted:

those are neither downloadable, nor offered as a subscription

wow the download and subscription police are here. ever think that maybe languages "level-up" ??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector posted:

Are there any good deals currently running for a Wii-U? I have some unexpected extra money, and would really like to get one.

Not until Black Friday. I expect there's gonna be some great deals then, with everyone wanting to be rid of the drat things

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

oddium posted:

wow the download and subscription police are here. ever think that maybe languages "level-up" ??

im sorry your'e wrong

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

Offical refirbs are $200. $225 if you get it with Mario 3D World.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is crazy that the MSRP for a Wii U is still 300 dollars

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, if you are in the US, the Wii U refurbs from Nintendo are a great deal. They are nearly new and like $100 cheaper than MSRP.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Well, here's another upcoming Wii U NX title: Bloodstained.

IGN posted:

“Yeah, it's a very complicated problem,” Iga said. “The reality is this: As timelines move on, certain pieces of hardware become irrelevant. Sometimes new pieces of hardware come out that make you think about what is the right strategy. And as a creator, usually you want to make stuff for the new hardware. That's the reality.”

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, if you are in the US, the Wii U refurbs from Nintendo are a great deal. They are nearly new and like $100 cheaper than MSRP.

Have there been any hardware problems? That always makes me a little reluctant on refurbs, but Nintendo typically has products well above the norm.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I bought a refurb close to 2 years ago and it's still going strong.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

sector_corrector posted:

Have there been any hardware problems? That always makes me a little reluctant on refurbs, but Nintendo typically has products well above the norm.

Yeah they're pretty well furbished to begin with.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo refurbs have a 12-month warranty, so even if it does have problems you'll likely be able to get it repaired.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
My refurb Wii U has had zero issues at all, it's a phenomenal deal.

Also, where is the NX, where is it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's on the kai planet powering up a spirit bomb

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Huh, it's the opening strains to the Zelda Medley on the Big Band Live album.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Guy Goodbody posted:

It is crazy that the MSRP for a Wii U is still 300 dollars

I think by the time lowering the price to salvage it became an option it was already dead enough that they might as well push it under the rug until the NX comes out.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

greatn posted:

It's on the kai planet powering up a spirit bomb

The NX fell off Snake Way and now it's going to take even longer to get there.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
That Mario 3D World + Nintendo Land bundle for $225 is a great deal. My system was new but it was the one that came with New Mario & Luigi.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to spend the dosh, but the official Nintendo-sold high-capacity gamepad battery is a big step up. I bought one this past summer and I don't regret it. I tried some 3rd-party batteries and every one of them was rubbish.

I used to think that 32 GB internal memory for a system was bad, but my PS4 has a 500 GB drive and it's almost full despite me not owning many games. When they insist on installing every loving thing to the drive, it doesn't go very far.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goliath from Knight Rider was made of refurbished Wii Us.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JustJeff88 posted:

When they insist on installing every loving thing to the drive, it doesn't go very far.

they have to do it because discs can't read fast enough to stream the data they need and loading screens would be even longer without it. the ps4 designer gave an interview about how devs were begging for mandatory installs. it wouldn't suck that bad if you could keep dlc and patches on the hdd and just delete the disc content if you need space but you can't so its dumb.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Disc speeds are ruining everything, if only there was another way :ohdear: some way of reading a chip instead, some sort of fantastical, magical format that pops into a console for faster load times that is also capable of holding huge amounts of data that are comparable with blurays.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Real hurthling! posted:

they have to do it because discs can't read fast enough to stream the data they need and loading screens would be even longer without it. the ps4 designer gave an interview about how devs were begging for mandatory installs. it wouldn't suck that bad if you could keep dlc and patches on the hdd and just delete the disc content if you need space but you can't so its dumb.

I am aware of this, but I just recently looked at my hard drive allocation and was gobsmacked to find that it's all or nothing for game data, which is idiotic. Even the PS3 for games like MLB the Show lets you delete the mandatory 5 or 10 GB while keeping your saved option files, seasons etc.

I have an old 500 GB hard drive plugged into my Wii U that only has Wonderful 101 and Prime Trilogy on it, so hopefully that can pull double duty if my PS4 needs more space.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Disc speeds are ruining everything, if only there was another way :ohdear: some way of reading a chip instead, some sort of fantastical, magical format that pops into a console for faster load times that is also capable of holding huge amounts of data that are comparable with blurays.

Your idealistic naïveté is so adorable. :glomp:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rexroom posted:

Paper Mario Color Splash review embargo has been lifted, and the average is 80. Surprisingly high for a game no-one had faith in back when it was announced.

I never stopped believing

But then again I'm not a person who flies into a frothing rage over loving Paper Mario games

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
NX NX NX...

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Anidav posted:

NX NX NX...

The NX doesn't exist.....it's just a myth.......

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I just survived Hurricane Matthew and Nintendo has the gall to STILL not release info on the NX. Thanks Obama Kimishima!

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
At this point, I would not be surprised if the NX gets delayed until later in 2017.
Along with Breath of the Wild.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jellymouth posted:

At this point, I would not be surprised if the NX gets delayed until later in 2017.
Along with Breath of the Wild.

You shut the gently caress up right now.

*curlsintoaball*

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You shut the gently caress up right now.

*curlsintoaball*

Sorry, Metroid has not been announced for the NX at all.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

her name is samus

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Real talk though, no news in October would be a clear indication that a delay was very likely.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Real talk though, no news in October would be a clear indication that a delay was very likely.

Agreed. If they go into the investor meeting (less than 3 weeks away now) and have no information on the NX but stick to the March release window, they will probably suffer a pretty massive stock drop.

When is the last time a company delayed a console?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pretty sure the N64 was delayed. Don't know if that was the most recent, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I still believe that the NX will be available in March of 2017 AD.

• Locked thread