Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hurricane Lesnick: Who knows where the eye is headed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

You have NOOOOO evidence Derek. IF you had, you would have released it 2 years ago (or 1, or 90 days, or 2 weeks, etc). No authorities are sorting through anything.

BTW, wtf is semi-retired? There's no such thing BB. You're retired, or not.

He doesn't until he does. Maybe.

Quality entertainment either way.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

I really thought the 60m seemed a bit too much myself, but when you add in the constant art redesigns for multiple character models that poo poo adds up fast

I believe just the mocap studio work was at around 40m, so I can easily see another 20m in artist and dev time getting them cutscenes right

Good show, dear chap. Lol you're a riot.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I am shocked.

CitizenCON is right around the corner, and MoMA is back - shilling.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Good show, dear chap. Lol you're a riot.
so how much did they spend, I'd like another opinion because that 60m does seem p high

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

2,000,000 whales 1 cup

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I'd also like to point out roberts does not have a firm grasp on the financials anything

ortwin does might

I think that is more correct now

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

so how much did they spend, I'd like another opinion because that 60m does seem p high

I'm laughing more at the notion that you have no idea what any of this costs when probably 10 or so people (max) know of the true expenses. But sure ... 60m.

I actually cannot give you an informed guess, as I have no idea what such things costs. If I was forced, I'd say 30 million? But I really am not sure.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm laughing more at the notion that you have no idea what any of this costs when probably 10 or so people (max) know of the true expenses. But sure ... 60m.

I actually cannot give you an informed guess, as I have no idea what such things costs. If I was forced, I'd say 30 million? But I really am not sure.
guess we'll find out in 2018 or 2019

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

:munch:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

guess we'll find out in 2018 or 2019

:bahgawd:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man moma got here QUICK this time

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'd say be sure to dump your ships before feb 2017 btw

just a friendly heads up :)

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
but but but that imaginarium studio surely did the moCap for free as a favor to Chris, so there's no way they spent more then 10mill on there mocap footage.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Is the venn diagram of backers and bitcoin miners just a circle

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

So do you think when this all comes crashing down MoMA has a public meltdown, or goes with the puppetmaster defense?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

I'd say be sure to dump your ships before feb 2017 btw

just a friendly heads up :)

I did sell five of them recently. Netted 500, but I had my reasons.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Eldragon posted:

So do you think when this all comes crashing down MoMA has a public meltdown, or goes with the puppetmaster defense?

"it was only $8,000 and it was all disposable income and furthermore".

Who cares, honestly? Anyone who still believes in this shitshow is demonstrably stupid. He can try to spin it however he wants but that won't change.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I did sell five of them recently. Netted 500, but I had my reasons.

I take that as you needed to free up some funds so you could buy another Kick-rear end Belt ?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Eldragon posted:

I'm not attempting to control any narrative. Please feel free to believe what you want. But, keep an open mind. Agent has provided no evidence that he knows anything more than what has been discussed regarding CitCon (or any other matter tbh). Same goes for Derek.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

I take that as you needed to free up some funds so you could buy another Kick-rear end Belt ?

Dude, the belt I got is nice. Really thick design and the leather is decent enough for the price. I'm happy with the build on it so far.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

"it was only $8,000 and it was all disposable income and furthermore".

Who cares, honestly? Anyone who still believes in this shitshow is demonstrably stupid. He can try to spin it however he wants but that won't change.

Anybody who argues on a dead gay comedy forum about the validity of a game-to-be is demonstrably stupid. Your point?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not attempting to control any narrative. Please feel free to believe what you want. But, keep an open mind. Agent has provided no evidence that he knows anything more than what has been discussed regarding CitCon (or any other matter tbh). Same goes for Derek.

Would you care to offer some kind of counter insider info? Don't worry I'm gullible and I believe anything.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok, let's take a stab at it:

1) 2.6 Drop including Star Marine. The mechanics will be janky and it's like some leftover code from Illfonic. My guess is that it's released in this forum to appease backers wanting an Arena-commander style of play for fps.
1a) Predicting that FPS "2.0" was already created and will be implemented in SQ42 and beyond.
2) SQ42: I predict that we'll see SQ42 gameplay at CitCon with a possible release of 1-3 levels in Q1 of 2017. Remember, this is their bread-and-butter release so they likely don't want to divulge to much storyline (however riveting it is to you guys).
2a) SQ42: Likely a full Episode 1 drop by the end of Summer 2017.
3) PU: We'll likely see more detailed procedurally generated environments at Citcon including vegetation/forest/etc. I'm assuming we'll see better-scaled planets as well.

edit: 4) Polaris Concept Sale

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Eldragon posted:

Would you care to offer some kind of counter insider info? Don't worry I'm gullible and I believe anything.

Nope. I'm waiting just like everyone else.

"So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.
And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Excited to see whose predictions turn out to be correct!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Yep. I was asked about my opinion and provided such. Please quote again on Fri/Sat

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Colostomy Bag posted:

wowsers!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

Anybody who argues on a dead gay comedy forum about the validity of a game-to-be is demonstrably stupid. Your point?

Nothing, other than unless you're Crobbers or Sandi or Ortwin you don't know more than anyone else. So ridiculing their facts with your own is retarded.

Also, there's plenty of evidence at this point that the project is a scam. If nothing else, there's definite evidence that the game is utter poo poo.

Choosing to publicly defend any of it seems dumb, but if that's how you wish to portray yourself then have at it.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yep. I was asked about my opinion and provided such. Please quote again on Fri/Sat
Will do.

It's funny how you always deny everything Agent says even when it turns out that he's right.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Colostomy Bag posted:

:holymoley:
The donuts

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

thatguy posted:

Will do.

It's funny how you always deny everything Agent says even when it turns out that he's right.

He made predictions about Gamescom in which only 2 of them turned out to be semi-true. The other 5-7 lines he uttered where already known or kinda true based on interpretation. I hardly call that "being right."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

He made predictions about Gamescom in which only 2 of them turned out to be semi-true. The other 5-7 lines he uttered where already known or kinda true based on interpretation. I hardly call that "being right."

still better odds than roberts tbh

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lol scammed again

Colostomy Bag posted:

:eyepop:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I forgot my taxxe.

stormdogge:

Kayak needs these:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

BTW, wtf is semi-retired? There's no such thing BB. You're retired, or not.

I think that's Dereks British side showing, over here we can be legally "semi-retired" whereby we can retire normally and work as 'part time' or 'casual' yet still draw upon our full pension without penalty, permitted working hours are limited though and if people go over that limit both the Work + Pensions dept and the dreaded Taxman/inland revenue (do not ever gently caress with this guy in UK, ever) will both roflstomp you with high tax rates and forfeit of pension for the duration of unauthorised work hours.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

"He was right this time, and this time, and I guess he was right this other time, but seriously that guy doesn't ever get anything right."

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

He's right 100% more often than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

more recently he predicted that CIG would be introducing classes into Star Marine.

Last weeks AtV:

woahhh.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 7, 2016

• Locked thread