Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Grey Hunter posted:

No kills today, but I've got a surprise for you guys coming up!

The Gamilas attack. The Earth's surface is rendered uninhabitable. Only a small part of the population survives. All ships are reduced to burned-out hulks on the former seabed, now a desert. Until a message from outer space is received, with schematics to convert the mightest battleship Earth has ever known into a space-faring vessel. Thus is born...

Space Battleship Yamashiro.

e. Welp, new page. Guess my post is thread canon now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's the Second Impact.

The First Angel.

or alternatively a Zentradi space ship crash landed in Tokyo Bay. Finally we will have the technology to defeat the Americans!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

If Soviet Intervention triggers in like '43 or something, what forces do they get? Presumably they start relatively small, then get progressively bigger until reaching August Storm levels?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

algebra testes posted:

It's the Second Impact.

The First Angel.

or alternatively a Zentradi space ship crash landed in Tokyo Bay. Finally we will have the technology to defeat the Americans!

I always thought the zendtradi were a metaphor for American ships showing up in Tokyo bay be it commodore Perry or the Missouri.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ron Jeremy posted:

I always thought the zendtradi were a metaphor for American ships showing up in Tokyo bay be it commodore Perry or the Missouri.

Thats it! The Americans have resurrected Commodore Perry and hes sailing with his fleet of black ships on Tokyo harbor!

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Grey Hunter posted:

No kills today, but I've got a surprise for you guys coming up!

Pearl Harbor II: Pearl Harder

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

So can you do a Doolittle raid in this game?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

So can you do a Doolittle raid in this game?

No? He's playing as Japan.

kidding.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ikasuhito posted:

Thats it! The Americans have resurrected Commodore Perry and hes sailing with his fleet of black ships on Tokyo harbor!

We will have to defeat them through the power of song!!!

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

CeeJee posted:

Pearl Harbor II: Pearl Harder

Shouldn't be too hard. He just needs to sink a capital ship.
Third time's the charm!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

algebra testes posted:

We will have to defeat them through the power of song!!!

I remember love. Do you?

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Mikl posted:

I remember love. Do you?

Atashi* no uta wo kike!!!

TehKeen fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 5, 2016

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Enterprise eats a sub-launched long lance salvo :black101:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grey will sink Tokyo Bay Fortress

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

alex314 posted:

Enterprise eats a sub-launched long lance salvo :black101:

The Type 93 was only carried by surface ships.The sub-launched oxygen torpedo was the Type 95, which was considerably smaller with shorter legs.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
The big reveal is going to be that Grey's computer crashed and the LP is over again.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I-19 repeated its incredible torpedo spread but this time it hit the Enterprise, that's my bet.

I still can't believe that shot. Crippled a BB, sunk a DD, and killed a CV.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Fresh troops are heading to Imphal. There are not many, but they should be able to tip the balance here.

A very dull day with no real combat – we bombed them, they bombed us, we wait for our ships to arrive. Then its crack, blam, Banzai attack, The Imperial empire expands again!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm blown away by this sudden turn of events

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol we all got trolled

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

He didn't say the surprise would necessarily be today, but this hasn't exactly been the most action-packed LP so I dunno what you guys really expected.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah you can't expect every day of a four year campaign to be action packed.

Even the Saros-Paradigm Pacific Focus everybody-has-crazy-stuff-everywhere game is that way.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Leperflesh posted:

lol we all got trolled

Grey Hunter sunk our hopes.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Our dreams are the Royal Navy

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

algebra testes posted:

Our dreams are the Royal Navy

Impervious to 60kg AP bombs and torpedos?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

lol we all got trolled

The censorship bueau has had a field day with this update.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

TildeATH posted:

Grey Hunter sunk our hopes.

Mwah ha ha!

I never gave a time.
And yes this has not been the most action packed LP, the AI seems happy to sit and wait for their numbers to build up....

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah you can't expect every day of a four year campaign to be action packed.

Us WiTP Allies vets certainly know this.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I owned a book many years ago that detailed what happened on each day of WW2. There were a few stretches were not much happened (notably, post Battle of France), but between mid '41 and May '45, there was some kind of combat going on all over the world.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

There may be combat happening every day, but the historical war won't see another warship sunk until the 11th. (This has been your historical warship loss report for basically the first third of October.)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A White Guy posted:

I owned a book many years ago that detailed what happened on each day of WW2. There were a few stretches were not much happened (notably, post Battle of France), but between mid '41 and May '45, there was some kind of combat going on all over the world.

I have that book, or at least a book on that topic, called 2194 Days of War. It's a really cool book, but there's some discrepancies between what info it gives compared to what something else might list as happening on that day (Wikipedia, for example). And while I understand Wikipedia isn't always accurate, I do wonder if its due to the book's age that some dates don't line up.

If there was a game that spanned the entirety of the war, day by day, I'd probably post the info in the book alongside the presumed LP of said game.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I have that book, or at least a book on that topic, called 2194 Days of War. It's a really cool book, but there's some discrepancies between what info it gives compared to what something else might list as happening on that day (Wikipedia, for example). And while I understand Wikipedia isn't always accurate, I do wonder if its due to the book's age that some dates don't line up.

If there was a game that spanned the entirety of the war, day by day, I'd probably post the info in the book alongside the presumed LP of said game.

Funny, I happen to know just such an LP....

If you want to effort post for us, a quick little blurb about the things that will happen each day would be neat :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A White Guy posted:

Funny, I happen to know just such an LP....

If you want to effort post for us, a quick little blurb about the things that will happen each day would be neat :v:

But this one didn't start in September 1939!

I might though, depends on how :effort: I feel like.

Edit: I've also got a pretty fancy day-by-day book for all things US-related during WW2. That'd be good for an Allied Playthrough...

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 7, 2016

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Someone start a one week at a time witw lp then ;)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

algebra testes posted:

Buy me the game.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Our bombing runs continue here.

Hankow continues to get it from land and air.

Now I can send a smaller force after this enemy group, while using the main force for more effect.

The CAP here does its best.

The fortifications are gone, time to just keep on hitting them.

Not a bad day, we have a chance at taking a base in India, and I've just freed up a large force in China.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

algebra testes posted:

i recently got it and was thinking itd be fun as poo poo to do a soviet play-though LP as a complete inexperienced dolt lacking basic knowledge of half the controls, to properly emulate soviet command at the time

but otoh :effort:

e: also i misread that as wite and not witw, whoops

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 7, 2016

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Buy me the game.

You don't want to play witw for 2 years or whatever the time frame is, it's not fun.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

uPen posted:

You don't want to play witw for 2 years or whatever the time frame is, it's not fun.

I play Advanced Squad Leader and even beat Squad Leader, I make my own fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy playing it. But I just ignore the air war completely and it's fun going "Rarrrr I'm general Patton pew pew pew pew" around Italy.

Then after I slap my dog because he has war fatigue. Coward.