Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
That Fantasy Costco episode, by the way, is why Griffin is a great DM. It doesn't sound like Justin actually beat the check, but it was just too good a story to not let him pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Beekeeping and You posted:

Could you chuck me a link? I can't find it.

This is probably it: https://www.twitch.tv/deliciousbees/v/93374966

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Thanks!

I'm pleasantly surprised by how funny the game seems other than the brothers. I mean, the brothers are great, but the developers seem like they're pretty funny people too.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Beekeeping and You posted:

Thanks!

I'm pleasantly surprised by how funny the game seems other than the brothers. I mean, the brothers are great, but the developers seem like they're pretty funny people too.

If you'd like to hear half the No Goblin team in a different actual play podcast, here's Panzer in Goblin Quest and Inspectres. She is indeed amazing.

Goblin Quest also features the voice of Jeffrey.

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 7, 2016

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

The Modern Leper posted:

That Fantasy Costco episode, by the way, is why Griffin is a great DM. It doesn't sound like Justin actually beat the check, but it was just too good a story to not let him pull it off.

Yeah. You could tell he really didn't want to for fear of breaking the game, but it was just too amazing a play to shut down.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CronoGamer posted:

Definitely the best lunar interlude episode to date. My god, that moment when it dawns on Griffin what Justin is doing at the Fantasy Costco and you can hear the realization dawning on Griffin... has to be top 3 of the entire podcast. Completely lost it. Justin is a goddamned genius.

Also Travis' phone call was so good, I just love these huge goofballs.

I was listening to it this evening but I guess was only paying half attention, so I didn't really get what Justin was doing that made Garfield want to trade?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

greatn posted:

I was listening to it this evening but I guess was only paying half attention, so I didn't really get what Justin was doing that made Garfield want to trade?

They just got an item from the Gashapon just a few minutes before that you has no apparent value except that you could talk anyone into parting with their most valuable possession in exchange for it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

greatn posted:

Taako spent 1800 gold and his ring of pointing to obtain two items. The first, the slicer, was an item with no function, but with a persuasive enough argument, you can convince anyone to trade their most valuable item for it. The second was a book that let you gain advantage on every skill check of a certain type once per day.

Taako used the book to gain advantage on persuasion checks, then turned around and traded the slicer right back to Garfield in exchange for his most powerful item, the Burning Raging Poisoning Sword of Doom. Now that he has it, he will never use it.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Griffin's reaction as everybody realizes what's going on is GLORIOUS. You can hear the "how did I not see this coming??" in his screams of anguish.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Let's all go for a ride, down No Brains Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2taoU3G3KA

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is there a summary of the TAZ crystal kingdom arc I can read somewhere? I've been on episode 5-6 for like 6 months, I just can't do it. everyone else is going bonkers for this new arc, but if I jump into that I won't get the voidfish lore?

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!

padijun posted:

is there a summary of the TAZ crystal kingdom arc I can read somewhere? I've been on episode 5-6 for like 6 months, I just can't do it. everyone else is going bonkers for this new arc, but if I jump into that I won't get the voidfish lore?

You can probably skip to the last last two episodes of that arc if you want, The only key things that happen during the Crystal Kingdom are you learn that the party has died several dozen times in the past, Lucas has been researching ways to communicate with other planes of existence and Magnus cuts Merle's hand off because god lied. You're not missing much if you skip ahead to the Eleventh Hour.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

General Ironicus posted:

If you'd like to hear half the No Goblin team in a different actual play podcast, here's Panzer in Goblin Quest and Inspectres. She is indeed amazing.

Goblin Quest also features the voice of Jeffrey.

She also did this incredible co-op LP of Saints Row 2 with Kaubocks, which may have been the origin of Jeffrey??

Panzer and Dan, the devs of No Goblin, are phenomenal please support them in all their endeavors.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Merle getting his hand cut off was a good episode/moment though

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
So in Merle's story bit, shouldn't his kids' memories of him be static'd out by the Voidfish? I thought the boys had their identities eaten when thy joined the BoB.

Maybe dwarves are too stubborn to forget family?

Edit: I'm probably just remembering wrong since people have been recognizing Taako all along the story.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The memories of a person are only deleted when the voidfish eats their own information, like with Boyland. Merle can't talk about the Bureau specifics but him existing was never removed.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, they only feed people info to the voidfish upon death. I'm surprised that didn't come into play when they lied to the Director about Lucas dying.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ariong posted:

Yeah, they only feed people info to the voidfish upon death. I'm surprised that didn't come into play when they lied to the Director about Lucas dying.

Lucas was never a member of the bureau so they didn't need to follow that procedure

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/784424890757636096

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Somebody pointed out the mouths on the knees and I'm still vomiting.

Also Clint is preeeety good at twitter

https://twitter.com/DocCurm/status/784196574322757632

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wl_yf86n78

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh my god. 13 minutes in. It's Ja'am.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They gave shrek saiyan armor.

e: oh my god

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 7, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Vargs posted:

The neverending Angus bullying, the phone call, the gashapon machine, and holy gently caress that fantasy costco bit made this maybe the funniest TAZ yet. Man, that was good.

The Angus stuff is some of my favorite, Angus tries so loving hard and still gets goofed on and it's great.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/marinscos/status/784477339564605440?s=09

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm in FL and right when I finished watching the newest Car Boys my power went out due to Hurricane Matthew, I'm pretty sure this means Busto is responsible for all this.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

A friend of mine made a thing.
https://twitter.com/bethisomething/status/784201783174242304

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
The loss.jpg joke in the latest coolgames inc is maybe the happiest Griffin has been making a dumb joke on a podcast ever.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

It's really his greatest achievement.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I've gotten into listening into the various McElroy videos and they are hilarious. Are there any must listen to MBMBAM episodes?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

TopHatGenius posted:

I've gotten into listening into the various McElroy videos and they are hilarious. Are there any must listen to MBMBAM episodes?

Spagheddon or however you spell it

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The Totino's sponsored one

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Spagheddon or however you spell it

Spaghettageddon, and yes, this one, 100%. I recommend it so much that my phone auto-completed it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'd just pick ones at random except for the super-early stuff, which is a lot rougher. There's some great bits in there, like Warrior Cats and Peepum's Nasty Gum, and they also haven't repented mocking furries yet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can't go wrong just listening to all of MBMBAM

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
At what time does the phone call happen in the last ep of TAZ?

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Scudworth posted:

At what time does the phone call happen in the last ep of TAZ?

Not sure of exact time but pretty soon after they come back from ad break I think.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I only recently started listening to TAZ, and I wanted to check out the MBMBAM episode that introduced Garfield the Deals Warlock, but I'm mistakenly listening to The Garfield Monstrosity instead.... oh god, this is not what I wanted/expected at all

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Oh man that loss.jpg joke in the new coolgames inc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

My fave episode is #95. It's real solid the whole way through, and I'd use it a lot as a recommendation for getting people on board if it had a different jingle