Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Night10194 posted:

I think he genuinely believes he only 'lost' because of the microphone. It's his lifeline, the thing he can blame that isn't him.

Please, Baby Jesus, let this be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Artix posted:

Even Trump must know this is wrong. There is no way he honestly believes that Hillary has not been practicing for the last two weeks.

Remember that all the "insults" he flings at her are in reality just about him? Not having a good grasp of basic empathy will do that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Has this been brought up yet?

https://twitter.com/justin_kanew/status/784200034820710400

@justin_kanew: This is unbelievable even for him-- despite DNA evidence, Trump still loving thinks the Central Park 5 are guilty: https://t.co/NRAsNsHdET https://t.co/zWeFXg9aAN

There's no way they don't hit him with this.

Trump is pigheaded and racist enough that this should surprise no one.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Geostomp posted:

So what I'm hearing is that they will consider it a victory if he doesn't just storm out spouting a stream of profanity.

Maybe they're just lowering expectations! Ahaha, maybe they're really preparing hard and that's why he's doing a 30 minute thing when it was supposed to be 90 minutes and ahahahaha oh my god he's going to be crushed.

Like, I hope Hilldawg doesn't get overconfident but it's HILLARY. She'll have prepared for loving everything and he is going to get chaos dunked AGAIN.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Has this been brought up yet?

https://twitter.com/justin_kanew/status/784200034820710400

@justin_kanew: This is unbelievable even for him-- despite DNA evidence, Trump still loving thinks the Central Park 5 are guilty: https://t.co/NRAsNsHdET https://t.co/zWeFXg9aAN

There's no way they don't hit him with this.

I was aurprised that Hillary didn't last debate, but I guess she needed to save something for the other 2

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xand_Man posted:

I always wince when this gets used as ammo against Santorum.

People do crazy-rear end things when they are experiencing terrible emotional trauma, go figure.

Yeah, Rick "Santorum" Santorum is a monumental shitbag, but this is one of very few decisions he has ever made that I will not hold against him.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Geostomp posted:

So what I'm hearing is that they will consider it a victory if he doesn't just storm out spouting a stream of profanity.

Who's "they"? The trump campaign? Absolutely. Everyone else, not so much.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If he somehow gets turbofucked even harder on Sunday the race is officially over.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Maybe they're just lowering expectations! Ahaha, maybe they're really preparing hard and that's why he's doing a 30 minute thing when it was supposed to be 90 minutes and ahahahaha oh my god he's going to be crushed.

Like, I hope Hilldawg doesn't get overconfident but it's HILLARY. She'll have prepared for loving everything and he is going to get chaos dunked AGAIN.

crush enemies, see them driven, lamentations of Ivanka

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah, Rick "Santorum" Santorum is a monumental shitbag, but this is one of very few decisions he has ever made that I will not hold against him.

Oh no, I get why it happened and I don't really hold it against them either but, like. Goddamn.

Not anywhere near the claim of "they keep a fetus in a jar" because obviously they didn't do that from the sound of things.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Artix posted:

Even Trump must know this is wrong. There is no way he honestly believes that Hillary has not been practicing for the last two weeks.
He will confabulate anything to maintain the narrative in his head both that he is more prepared for the coming debate and that he won the last one. He really does think it - it's not show.

It's going to be interesting to see what excuses he makes for himself after Sunday especially considering this format is probably the least favorable to him of the three.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why is Trump talking about the Central Park 5 anyway? What on earth does he have to do with it?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Geostomp posted:

He patted himself on the back during the debate for not calling Clinton the c word. Then the next 3 days he was congratulating himself on not bringing up Bill's infidelity.

The bar is on the ground, man. Not even Hermes can go lower.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

crush enemies, see them driven, lamentations of Ivanka

Like, Trump's one (ahehe) trump card is that dumb 'lolnothingmatters' aura of invulnerability he used to have. Some of that shine is off after the first debate. The second could establish a clear pattern that yeah, dude's an absolute loser.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is Trump talking about the Central Park 5 anyway? What on earth does he have to do with it?

He bought a full page ad being all "GUILTY".

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Phone posted:

Wait that article is from TODAY? That's not an old tweet or something?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Phone posted:

and asking for the five to be fried

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What in christ's name causes him to latch on to some things like that like a demented lamprey with a lovely hairpiece?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Clinton should handicap herself with a cup and string or some other ancient/super low tech setup, while Donnie has a crate of BEATS by Dr Dre brand mics along with the BEST team of audiophiles with wood, rocks, and sand to make sure the digital signal is warm and clear.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Night10194 posted:

What in christ's name causes him to latch on to some things like that like a demented lamprey with a lovely hairpiece?

Being wrong is weak.

Trump is not weak.

Therefore, Trump can't be wrong.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artix posted:

He thinks she's like him probably, and/or is underestimating her drive by a long shot. She's definitely being doing a lot of prep though; after how long she's been working for this, there's no way she's getting complacent now.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

As people said, he was convinced they were guilty and has been calling for their deaths for decades. Literal decades. He is so pissed that they're not dead.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 7, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Phone posted:

When was this? And why is he bringing it up now?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone probably asked him about it, but also Trump has never, ever, ever let anything go.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He bought an ad back in 1989, he was asked about it this week since the Central Park 5 were wrongly accused, convicted, and imprisoned (city paid out a settlement of close to $50 million).

It's the same stuff as always: Trump says or does something completely reprehensible and then double downs when it turns out that he's on the wrong side.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He took the advertisement out May 1, 1989. He's stood by it since and has commented on the case even recently, like after the settlement and whatnot.

He is adamant that they're guilty and deserve death and doesn't care what anyone, the courts included, say. He really, really wants those men dead.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donnie knows whats up with the Central Park Five.

Five black teens = SKIPPINGTOTHEENDOFTHEEQUATION= 4 ssj092858293052875809 death warriors and 1 ssj985245982357823929385 god death god super ssj god.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Whenever I think of Hillary and Trump getting ready for the debates I always circle back to this:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Little things like this are what I love about this election. 2016 is forever going to be an example of what NOT to do when running a campaign. Trump is losing right now, it's only a month until the election, and yet he just continues to waste more of his limited time and energy on things like this. It makes zero tactical sense. Unless he somehow pulls a miracle out his rear end at the debate and/or Hillary does something insanely stupid, I think we're going to get a landslide.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Night10194 posted:

If he somehow gets turbofucked even harder on Sunday the race is officially over.

Dude you know that's not true

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

QuarkJets posted:

Dude you know that's not true

He absolutely can't afford to lose an opportunity to make up ground right now. He is actually running out of time to turn this poo poo around. Another big hit less than a month from the election is real bad for Donald.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

From page 195 or whatever, but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE drat LLAMAS should be a debate question this sunday Sunday SUNDAY, cause I need to know.

Serious needed debate question.

Cause I need to know.

For a friend, and whatnot.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Night10194 posted:

He absolutely can't afford to lose an opportunity to make up ground right now. He is actually running out of time to turn this poo poo around. Another big hit less than a month from the election is real bad for Donald.

I think he's saying "don't get cocky" because the stupidity of the American electorate can never be overestimated

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If he bombs this one he won't do the third, and that will end him.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm going to get cocky anyway, because my individual cockiness will have zero effect on the election, provided I remember to mail in my absentee ballot.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I think he's saying "don't get cocky" because the stupidity of the American electorate can never be overestimated

It's this.

The debates and him flubbing around like a fish only really affect his ceiling. Much like how people didn't realize that their votes for Brexit were for realsies, some percentage of the populace is going to vote for Trump regardless.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Queering Wheel posted:

2016 is forever going to be an example of what NOT to do when running a campaign.

Also this stuff has always been known as an example of what NOT to do when running a campaign.

Just not by the Trumpsterfire.

And, in addition, what happened to the llamas please.

TIA.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So Trumpman bombs the gently caress out of Sunday by cussing or calling Hillary a oval office or making GBS threads his pants.

My concern is how this affects the down tickets?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

VitalSigns posted:

I'm going to get cocky anyway, because my individual cockiness will have zero effect on the election, provided I remember to mail in my absentee ballot.

I'm still volunteering, I'm still voting, etc. My feeling good rather than letting my anxiety run wild won't hurt anyone's chances.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

AtomikKrab posted:

If he bombs this one he won't do the third, and that will end him.

Jeb Lund brought this up, and it's a hilarious hypothetical because it's on hole turf technically. Chris Wallace said straight up "I don't think that journalists and debate moderators should fact check".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Phone posted:

It's this.

The debates and him flubbing around like a fish only really affect his ceiling. Much like how people didn't realize that their votes for Brexit were for realsies, some percentage of the populace is going to vote for Trump regardless.

And to build on that, all it took was Trump keeping his mouth shut and Hillary getting pneumonia to take things back to post-Republican Convention levels. We can't assume that the race is "over" until November 9th

• Locked thread