Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

the ironclad tos sprung a leak?

e:taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Deru'uuuk Smaa'art

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I am a Thread Citizen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Darth Marus

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm farticus.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Darth Marus aboard his Super Dream Destroyer

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Derek can you please start up an online store that sells T-shirts that say "Derek Smart Was Right" on it.

And name the store Derek's Mart

tia

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

I'm farticus.

No contractions allowed in Sparta, thank you very kindly

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Darth Marus stands, hands clasped behind him, on the command deck. He surveys the small stars of the system as it spills across the display.

"Two weeks," he mutters through his mask. "Two weeks."

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Boy that post about what would be on Derek Smart's tombstone is more relevant now than ever huh?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

TheAgent posted:

Darth Marus stands, hands clasped behind him, on the command deck. He surveys the small stars of the system as it spills across the display.

"Two weeks," he mutters through his mask. "Two weeks."

She's a leaver and a member of the SHART alliance take her away

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Where do generals keep their armies?

In their sleevies!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Titanic posted:

So what about Watch Dogs?

Everybody bought that totally under a misrepresentation of the game itself.

It's sleazy, absolutely, and nobody likes it, and we all know Star Citizen will never be anything remotely like what they say it will be.

But I don't see this as being a big deal. I want it to be because this drama is so hilariously great, but this is kind of like the sound of a balloon deflating.
The Watch Dogs scandal was all about the graphics, correct? The pitch videos were pre-rendered/looked much better than the actual game. I don't remember Ubisoft taking a bunch of flak for showing off gameplay that wasn't possible in the game. Or did I miss something?

I'd perhaps have a bit of hope if Star Citizen biggest fault was the ships didn't look as good in game as they do in promos if there was some depth to the gameplay. As a gamer--I want a game. The graphics will always be better next year.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
If Citizens buy me a new computer I'll buy Star Citizen. Would be willing to make an alt on Reddit named TerrasTinyTits.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

aliens colonial marines might be a little closer than watchdogs? maybe, i dunno. there just isn't anything really on SC's scale

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nope. I'm waiting just like everyone else.

"So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.
And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
Fitting to use a pyramid scheme based on a philosophy that was fairly progressive 2000 years ago. It has been rendered obsolete by modern scientific understanding largely due to its inability to resolve its inconsistencies through intelligently-applied critical thinking. It now serves as a means of deterring social and political advancement and as a tax on the gullible.

e:archered

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Where do generals keep their armies?

In their sleevies!

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hurricane Lesnick: Who knows where the eye is headed

:drat:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

HycoCam posted:

The Watch Dogs scandal was all about the graphics, correct? The pitch videos were pre-rendered/looked much better than the actual game. I don't remember Ubisoft taking a bunch of flak for showing off gameplay that wasn't possible in the game. Or did I miss something?

I'd perhaps have a bit of hope if Star Citizen biggest fault was the ships didn't look as good in game as they do in promos if there was some depth to the gameplay. As a gamer--I want a game. The graphics will always be better next year.

Agreed. I actually hope if/when this collapses that someone (hey Derek) buys the content rights, because TBH the artists have done a dang good job on many of the ships and assets given their guidelines. It's just that the helm has lost sight of the shore. Someone that actually knew how to manage a project could use the assets easily, with some rebuilding to get rid of all the extra poly overload.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm pretty sure the assests are actually completely awful for an MMO so why is this a good thing? I mean yeah Roberts made them though so I dont know.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you know even if star citizen folded tomorrow I feel like I got my 20k worth, its easily the best game I've ever played - Citizen

I wonder if they'll try and get their refunds out of us after CIG folds? Like we've been getting real entertainment for free out of their dumb waste of money while all they've gotten are jpegs and ~dreams~.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I'm pretty sure the assests are actually completely awful for an MMO so why is this a good thing? I mean yeah Roberts made them though so I dont know.

They are now, mainly due to the amount of detail thrown in by Chris "make it more real" Roberts. But previously, when you could actually bring them into CryEditor and export them to apps like 3DS Max, they weren't too bad. And because you could get them that far, they should be exportable to most game engine formats. It's just all the extra crap that makes them unusable right now. Building extensive interior structures that will almost never be seen but still have to be rendered by the GPU just in case is just......dense.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
People like MoMA want to mock Derek's two weeks thing not realising it was a joke about CIG's own inability to meet release dates, and that information he did give out hit so close to home CIG considers them to be acts of industrial espionage. I mean it's rough not being in on the joke but he's given you plenty of opportunities to get in on it.

But no guys, he was wrong about the ELE so everything else that was 100% correct? That's just bullshit. Let me prove this to you by looking into your court appearance history and uhhhhh hurrrrrrr belts.

Now I don't buy at face value anything anyone says about CIG here, because I don't need to see what they have to say about Star Citizen to know it's a loving mess. But when they're right, they're right, and MoMA has never been right.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

That is actually a pretty good point. Derek and theAgent are so wrong, so often that CIG hired two separate investigation agencies to make sure they kept being wrong.

Derek telling everyone in the Summer of 2015 that we would never see Star Marine and that Squadron 42 was more than eighteen months away. I'm surprised CIG hasn't sued him for libel--how can Derek get away with spreading such falsehoods!

e: and in the recent Bensday thingy--did Sandi use Roberts or did the goons add that?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

ripptide posted:

They are now, mainly due to the amount of detail thrown in by Chris "make it more real" Roberts. But previously, when you could actually bring them into CryEditor and export them to apps like 3DS Max, they weren't too bad. And because you could get them that far, they should be exportable to most game engine formats. It's just all the extra crap that makes them unusable right now. Building extensive interior structures that will almost never be seen but still have to be rendered by the GPU just in case is just......dense.

Like I mean everyone wants to be like CIGs artists are GREAT!!!! but they're being compared against other games which have targets that are practical and realistic. I bet a lot of designers could do poo poo on par with SC for fun any day of the week, but you don't see that because obviously it's a bit beyond contemporary game design

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
There's something genuinely sad about MOMA. This huge, amazing world we live in and he still feels the need to show up here and display his confidence and intelligence. Yes, we know, you were busy off in the real world drinking fine whiskeys and being a high flyer, but you still keep ending up back here, accumulating negativity and tilting at windmills.

I dunno, The weather's crap here today and I'm a bit under the weather but I really do feel a bit of sympathy for him today.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Also this thing has been going on for so long now that we're not just forums usernames spouting off at each other. You can see quite a lot of the real person at this point. Lazrin, MOMA etc, How about we just drop the Star Citizen crap and just try to get along? Nobody should care this much about a video game.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Like I mean everyone wants to be like CIGs artists are GREAT!!!! but they're being compared against other games which have targets that are practical and realistic. I bet a lot of designers could do poo poo on par with SC for fun any day of the week, but you don't see that because obviously it's a bit beyond contemporary game design

Please don't misunderstand, I agree with the sentiment. Just meant to point out that that material is pretty good, it's just how it's getting used that sux. That's what I find so funny about all the "character" studies. They look great in Mudbox, but when do you get to see them in-game-engine

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

ripptide posted:

Please don't misunderstand, I agree with the sentiment. Just meant to point out that that material is pretty good, it's just how it's getting used that sux. That's what I find so funny about all the "character" studies. They look great in Mudbox, but when do you get to see them in-game-engine

yeah sorry man just was calling out people that want to defend the graphics or whatever

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Spermanent Record posted:

There's something genuinely sad about MOMA. This huge, amazing world we live in and he still feels the need to show up here and display his confidence and intelligence. Yes, we know, you were busy off in the real world drinking fine whiskeys and being a high flyer, but you still keep ending up back here, accumulating negativity and tilting at windmills.

I dunno, The weather's crap here today and I'm a bit under the weather but I really do feel a bit of sympathy for him today.

MoMA isn't one of the problem children, honestly. He believes, but he's not proselytizing. It's his money, he can do what he wants with it. The ones that really need countering are the ones like Lazrin or Lethality that are willing to bend any truth in order to convince others to dump money into this.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Quit loving dog piling on moma, I want more recipes and they post some good ones. Can't have you all scaring him off.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

yeah sorry man just was calling out people that want to defend the graphics or whatever

No harm, no foul buds. Didn't take it as an attack. Everyone drink )

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

I wonder if they'll try and get their refunds out of us after CIG folds? Like we've been getting real entertainment for free out of their dumb waste of money while all they've gotten are jpegs and ~dreams~.

"Turn dreams towards piss and poo poo, and see yourself well satisfied." - Lentulus Batiatus Derek Smart on Star Citizen

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

This was not unknown.

Dude, we get it, there is no solid proof about all that stuff. But, get this... are you ready?... we don't give a poo poo! we're here to laugh at CIG and all the related idiots, which obviously includes your scotch-drinking, supermodel-banging, world-traveling, gourmet-cooking (lol), income-disposing rear end.

You know who could prove that Derek is full of poo poo beyong any doubt? Crobbers. But he won't do it because he's a very serious person who would never, ever, let Derek get under his skin.

So, until Chris proves Derek wrong I will err on the side of the tasty, tasty rumors about this piece of poo poo game. Because it is 100% beyond any doubt a piece of poo poo and the proof is the abortion of a game itself. You know, the one you were to chicken to provide a video of you having fun.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Parallelwoody posted:

Quit loving dog piling on moma, I want more recipes and they post some good ones. Can't have you all scaring him off.

I particularly enjoyed his ironclad recipe for disaster.

But seriously if he didn't leave back when he was whinging that no one was engaging with him honestly when all he was doing was melting down on a weekly basis he's not going to do it now he's learned to just whip in, sneer at people for a bit then tumble back out rolling with the punches.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

EightAce posted:

I have 2 eggs and some monteray jack cheese a green pepper and a bagel. I can steal some chorizo but I only have a microwave . What do you reckon moma ?

Dice the pepper. Wisk up the eggs. Drop the peppers into the eggs. Microwave the eggs for 30 seconds or so in a bowl. Flip the eggs over and give them another 30 seconds or so in the microwave. Slide the egg onto your bagel and top with the cheese while still hot. A nice quick breakfast. :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HycoCam posted:

Dice the pepper. Wisk up the eggs. Drop the peppers into the eggs. Microwave the eggs for 30 seconds or so in a bowl. Flip the eggs over and give them another 30 seconds or so in the microwave. Slide the egg onto your bagel and top with the cheese while still hot. A nice quick breakfast. :)

The chorizo (as long as it is actual chorizo, both Mexican and Spanish are delicious) is the best part and you didn't include it!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

trucutru posted:

The chorizo (as long as it is actual chorizo, both Mexican and Spanish are delicious) is the best part and you didn't include it!

He did say optionally!! :) But I do agree, and if it is pre cooked--toss it in with the diced peppers. Fuckin' a--now I want a bagel... or a burrito...

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Meta-Mollusk posted:

"Turn dreams towards piss and poo poo, and see yourself well satisfied." - Lentulus Batiatus Derek Smart on Star Citizen

Lentulus Batiatus was fuckin great.

Also has anyone said I am Smarticus yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It has been a while since I woke up to 250+ new posts in the Star Citizen thread :unsmith:

• Locked thread