Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
How's the IB Sniper for PvP shenanigans? I got one with Snapshot, Smallbore (no Injection Mold unfortunately) and Unflinching, which seems like a good roll but I am not into the meta at all. Or do I care about it much other than getting that trials stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That's probably a good roll

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Nuebot posted:

So, since when did Queen's Wrath start handing out good poo poo? I just got a really cool looking 361 light titan helmet from Petra.

You get a free skeleton key for doing the post-RoI storyline quest from Shiro. Quests only show up if you do them from the playlist IIRC.

Yes. Well, not technically, but it's kind of poo poo to solo.

Wait what? What playlist? The strikes?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Darth Windu posted:

Wait what? What playlist? The strikes?

Yes. When I said "Quests only show up if you do them from the playlist IIRC." I meant chests. Because I'm dumb and don't know words. I could be wrong but when I ran a strike from the map I don't remember the chest spawning so you might have to select the Siva Crisis or Siva Crisis Heroic playlist. But again, I could just be dumb. Because I am dumb.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
got this new raid basically on farm. A little over an hour with no wipes, good poo poo

best raid too, imo. fun encounters, no elaborate king's fall choreography besides empowerment, except I think empowerment is more similar to Atheon's teleports, just means you have to communicate and adapt and know the roles. There's room for deaths and clutch plays, unlike king's fall where a death was usually a wipe, mechanically speaking, even ignoring the lost dps. We'll see how that goes in hard mode. But also there's no 'one person is the key' like there was with the shield/sword which is good.

shorter than vault but I think a lot of that is just some of the cruft cut out, like there's no conflux/oracles equivalent which maybe there could have been but I dunno. I kind of wish there was a non-combat section, something like gorgons, but NOT another elaborate jumping section.

strategy discussion for Aksis phase 2:

our group started out doing assigned cannoneers/ball throwers. Empowered throwers stay on their side, empowered cannons figure out where needs to be covered and/or return to their side and/or sort out if two cannons can 'switch' after killing their servitors. It worked but we'd end up having confusion if two or three cannons were empowered and moving around.

we switched to the 'empowered is the ball thrower' strategy (you figure out cannon/ball preference for when both/neither are empowered). That way at least two sides are guaranteed to have an empowered, no moving or switching or confusion, with at worst only one empowered cannon moving around to the side without coverage. I think this worked much easier, as long as everyone is ok doing both roles and you don't accidentally pick up the cannon when you shouldn't or whatever.

cannoneers drop the cannons off at mid and set up there for dps/to be able to cover left/right when empowerment shuffles

also left covers left/pit, mid covers back.

I dunno any thoughts?

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 7, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
pro tip: don't drop a siege engine part in front of the siege engine

http://i.imgur.com/wMxqC3z.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I've been using a fusion rifle as primary for just about all of IB. My pro-est is probably my panta rhei with md-reflex, braced frame, rangefinder and kneepads. With special chest and fusion boots I spawn in with 18 shots :coolfish:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I did that on purpose because sometimes you gotta troll ya boyz:
http://i.imgur.com/dP7Vv8t.gifv

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I remember this
:shepicide:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got all three characters to IB rank 5 in about three hours each but no RNG luck with my hunter, still 364 :( Other two got to 370.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Conversely I went 12-20 and just got my first character to rank 5. What a horrible experience, is there even any method of matchmaking or does it just slap 12 people together? Also my KDR has dropped from ~1.2 to .8, I guess I'm not good with shotguns.

Got up to 385 at least.

acumen fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 7, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

acumen posted:

Conversely I went 12-20 and just got my first character to rank 5. What a horrible experience, is there even any method of matchmaking or does it just slap 12 people together? Also my KDR has dropped from ~1.2 to .8, I guess I'm not good with shotguns.

Got up to 385 at least.

I literally hit rank 2 crucible doing IB and kept getting paired against flawless emblem havers, pretty sure it just dumps whomever together.

Also those titan exotic gauntlets have to be the most useless thing I've ever seen, melee playstyle just doesn't work in this shotgun fuckfest of game, they're also ugly as gently caress to.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is me, the dude that opened 3 packages (eris, crucible, vanguard) at 385 light and got light level 384 items. Dont be me, lower your light to 383 before opening packages.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Alteisen posted:

I literally hit rank 2 crucible doing IB and kept getting paired against flawless emblem havers, pretty sure it just dumps whomever together.

Also those titan exotic gauntlets have to be the most useless thing I've ever seen, melee playstyle just doesn't work in this shotgun fuckfest of game, they're also ugly as gently caress to.

but you'd get 8 extra melee charges with those gauntlets

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Xur is by the Speaker

Thagomizers
Shinobus Vow
Light Beyond Nemesis
Thunderlord

Ornaments:
Shock Hazard for Zhalo Suoercell
Queens Command for Telesto

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For the record I never used a shotgun in IB. Extremophile all the way. Just wrecks everyone.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
http://i.imgur.com/4ED1XWT.gifv

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Alteisen posted:

Melee is absolutely critical to IB right now. Never stop running, always be punching - especially as a Titan.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melee is absolutely critical to IB right now. Never stop running, always be punching - especially as a Titan.

Most importantly, the Thagomizers look totally awesome. They're some of the few titan gloves that don't make them look like they have weeny little raptor arms.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

It's been a weird IB week. Using a Fusion Rifle and very rarely bitching because it just magically failed. Most of the time a quick check would show a yellow/red bar hero.

Sidearm/FR is extremely hilarious, there are a lot of very bad, very predictable shotgunners.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

We had designated cannons and bomb throwers. Everyone calls out their personal "left/right/center empowerment" immediately, and when there are two on one side it is always the cannon's responsibility to listen and shift to the vacant spot. They verbalize their new position. They drop their cannons at mid after killing their servitor.

There's enough time during the bomb phase for any empowered cannons to get back to their bomb thrower. People will say left/right/center empowered in place. If the bomb thrower is empowered they know they can throw. It falls on the bomb thrower to ultimately confirm their empowered cannon guy is parked next to them. You have more time than you think.

Once you're on the dunk phase, empowered people don't shoot a gun until they have left right and far back in position. People grab dropped cannons from center on way to real DPS phase after third dunk.

It may sound a busy but it cuts down on uncertainty big time.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Nuebot posted:

Most importantly, the Thagomizers look totally awesome.

I too love the wardrobe design language of Mad Max

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Every piece of gear I have is 369 or 370 and a 355 ghost is seriously holding me back at 366 overall light. I haven't seen a single goddamn ghost drop in Iron Banner for anyone. One little ghost will allow me to get better drops overall this is so awful :saddowns:

Edit: also none from rank up packages. I am being punished for skipping all three prior expansions.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I got a ghost from IB as a postgame drop last night, but it was 355 as I am only 353.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I too love the wardrobe design language of Mad Max

Is this some dumbass joke or something? I'll shove your Xbox up your rear end if you talk about mad max in a disrespectful manner bitch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you want Mad Max get some prison/challenge armor

G1ZM0
Jun 20, 2002

Lady Efrideet is a sexy bitch.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is this some dumbass joke or something? I'll shove your Xbox up your rear end if you talk about mad max in a disrespectful manner bitch

Xbox is a weird name for a cone.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
So, I've gotten one win in IB this go around. This poo poo really is awful.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Bob NewSCART posted:

got some news for you, bob

mad max sucks

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

PassTheRemote posted:

So, I've gotten one win in IB this go around. This poo poo really is awful.

Find a goon group. We had a six stack last night and didn't lose a game, so much fun just a rolling ball of death and supers stomping pubbies.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got a laughing fart with braced framr snapshot and hidden hand. Still no pulse :(

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

got some news for you, bob

mad max sucks

I'll beat you up nerd

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

For the record I never used a shotgun in IB. Extremophile all the way. Just wrecks everyone.

Extremofile is a monster of a automatic rifle, but I am starting to use a pulse rifle more. Is probably wrong, but a PR feels better in close combat than a AR. I don't want to get in close combat battles, but if you find often in these, seems to be a tiny bit better to have a pulse rifle than a extremofile.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Auto rifles aren't in a good spot right now, you can generally close the distance to kill AR users with your shotty before they can get you.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I have an Extremophile I use sometimes if I'm doing the crucible daily or whatever and it's pretty solid but yeah, in any mode that gets remotely sweaty you're gonna get shotgunned a lot.

Side note: Rifled Barrel/Accelerated coils IB fusion rifle with the radar artifact is hilarious. Vaporizing all these shotgun rushers is immensely satisfying.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 7, 2016

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Auto rifles are in a terrible spot because a Grasp does literally anything one can do but better

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

Xur is by the Speaker

Thagomizers
Shinobus Vow
Light Beyond Nemesis
Thunderlord

Ornaments:
Shock Hazard for Zhalo Suoercell
Queens Command for Telesto

I'm happy to get SV but that will make IB even more irritating somehow

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

texaholic posted:

Find a goon group. We had a six stack last night and didn't lose a game, so much fun just a rolling ball of death and supers stomping pubbies.

Counterpoint: I went 1-4 with a goon group. Admittedly a 3 man goon group that slowly grew to 5 for the win at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

With the alt buff, you get 500 rep for a single win in IB. I haven't tried it on my third yet, do you get a full x3, or is it just a flat x2 across all Alta?

• Locked thread