Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm replaying pokemon conquest and can someone tell me why almost every generic warrior is male

something something historical accuracy in my game where Nobunga conquers japan with a dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Willsun posted:

Hey so about the Sun and Moon demo coming out on October 18th, they said the benefits of playing that is so we can get a free Ash-Greninja transferrable if and when we buy our real copy of Sun and Moon. What I want to know is, does it matter how much you train it or will everyone just get the same standard level Ash-Greninja that Nintendo will set for us?

Also is the Ash-Greninja it or can we catch other things in the demo and transfer that over when the game comes out?

I'm guessing that you just can't level up in the demo.

And if it's anything like the ORAS demo you'll be able to transfer a few things over but probably not any pokemon outside of Ash-Greninja. Like maybe a few items or pokeballs.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I haven't actually tried, can you still poke the map with a stylus to fly without an actual flier in your party because gently caress the eon flute if not

You need a flyer to the poke map method. Making it the far superior option.

And I hate Poppilo because I think the clown motif looks stupid on it. As far as the final evos are concerned (if the likely leak is indeed true) Then I like Popillo's 3rd evo the best, and Litten's least. I think the beauty queen Selkie is an awesome idea. Archer owl is ok, but it looses the ridiculous awesomeness that Rowlett has. Litten as a wrestler just looks dumb.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Nethilia posted:

No one helped you, so I'll try. Go into the demo, play a mission with Steven and make sure to let the game save. Then let the clock roll over into the new day. It should unlock itself then.

You probably did a time change (this is why I don't bother with daylight savings on my system) and the demo locked out cause of that.

From a million pages back, but this did the trick! Thanks! :D

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Calaveron posted:

So which of the starters are you guys picking, Litten or Rowlett

how could you forget the third starter, pikachu

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

me irl

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
popplio is the single best design in all of pokemon so far .

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I'm gonna pick Litten and also the other two for my first adventure

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm going to pick poplilo just because everyone hates it but he deserves love

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

remember: using your starter leaves less room on your team for gumshoos

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The saddest thing about Rowlet is that he'll only be your awesome friend for like 2 hours tops before he evolves.
Sure you could not evolve him.
But why would you do that?
Don't you want your special pokemon friend to be the best they can be? Even if it means they become slightly less adorable?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

The saddest thing about Rowlet is that he'll only be your awesome friend for like 2 hours tops before he evolves.
Sure you could not evolve him.
But why would you do that?
Don't you want your special pokemon friend to be the best they can be? Even if it means they become slightly less adorable?

rowlet is barely cute and dartrix is probably the ugliest second stage starter since gen 2

Ruggington posted:

Gumshoos is clownshoes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

im not using gumshoos, or yungoos

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

I think you should reconsider

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sharrrk posted:

:same:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would be a lot more inclined to use normal types if normal wasn't so lovely offensively

seriously why isn't it super effective against fairy

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't like Normal types as a rule but I will use Gumshoos. The problem with Normal types is a case and he will get to the bottom of it.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
To be honest, Yungoose and Gumshoos are just another Zizgagoon/Linoone forgettable early game normal type pair to me. I dont get their meme status and I want someone to teach me the meme please.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Space T Rex posted:

To be honest, Yungoose and Gumshoos are just another Zizgagoon/Linoone forgettable early game normal type pair to me. I dont get their meme status and I want someone to teach me the meme please.

its a lil pissed off boy that turns into a fuckin detective it's not a meme he's just cool as poo poo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Elfgames posted:

rowlet is barely cute and dartrix is probably the ugliest second stage starter since gen 2

Gumshoos is clownshoes

Dartrix is a snob who cares too much about his hair, and tries to act cool and composed despite being a loser. Dartrix is pretty cool.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Rowlet is r o u n d

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It doesn't matter how little of the actual game Rowlet sticks around for because I'm going to get to play an entire Mystery Dungeon game as Rowlet, the perfect spherical owl

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like normal types a lot

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

cheetah7071 posted:

I would be a lot more inclined to use normal types if normal wasn't so lovely offensively

Because Fairy needed to be swole in order to complete its objectives of putting Dragon types in check and loving over Dark types for no good reason I can parse.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

alcharagia posted:

It doesn't matter how little of the actual game Rowlet sticks around for because I'm going to get to play an entire Mystery Dungeon game as Rowlet, the perfect spherical owl

What if the quiz doesn't give you Rowlet though?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The last few games have let you pick your character if you don't like the outcome of the quiz. Which is nice, since they still make you do the quiz, so you get the option to do either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

The last few games have let you pick your character if you don't like the outcome of the quiz. Which is nice, since they still make you do the quiz, so you get the option to do either.

If you don't respect the quiz and it's decision you shouldn't play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The personality quiz understands me. With Skitty in Explorers and Turtwig in Super (i don't remember the first game) it has correctly understood my soul twice. I have faith that I am the sort of person who will become a Rowlet in the Pokemon world.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
on one hand you should accept it but on the other hand not all question pools let you get all pokemon so it's not the best.

that said i respect the game's choices so far, i'm a treecko in tds (std lol) and a snivy in super mystery dungeon

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm picking all the starters, cause how else am I going to complete my Pokedex?

I'm not sure if I want to transfer my living dex from Gen 6 to 7 if it means I can't move them back, but Game Freak really want you to forget the previous games ever existed when it comes to the newer one. I get their tactic of never having backwards compatibility (except Gen 1 to 2), but it still sucks.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

alcharagia posted:

The personality quiz understands me. With Skitty in Explorers and Turtwig in Super (i don't remember the first game) it has correctly understood my soul twice. I have faith that I am the sort of person who will become a Rowlet in the Pokemon world.

I respect your faith in the test and wish you the best.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Every mystery dungeon game tells me I'm a Squirtle so I must be a Squirtle

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Space T Rex posted:

He's a hard-boiled no nonsense detective who also eats criminals.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Kelp Plankton posted:

Every mystery dungeon game tells me I'm a Squirtle so I must be a Squirtle

Condolences.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If you don't respect the quiz and it's decision you shouldn't play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

The game is not my real mom and it can't tell me what Pokemon I have to be. :mad:

FishBulb posted:

I'm going to pick poplilo just because everyone hates it but he deserves love

I am sorely tempted to do this myself, but I really want Litten. :( Fortunately, one of my friends is for sure picking Popplio and she has already promised to breed one and trade it to me so it can also be my friend.

All this Popplio hate reminds me of the Oshawott hate back in Gen 4, and that was the only time I've ever picked the water starter on my first run. Oshawott rules and so does Popplio!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

http://twitter.com/parliawint/status/780588022412771328

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hate goonshoos's yellow hair

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It can't be that much of a coincidence that it looks just like Trump, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Lady Gumshooses should have Hillary Clinton's hair IMO.