Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
My favorite is Tezzor, hero of the Republic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

rear end Catchcum posted:

My favorite is Tezzor, hero of the Republic.

There are heroes on both sides.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My favorite character is Jabba the Hutt, because he's a fat lazy rear end in a top hat who goes OH HOH HOH HOH

Serf
May 5, 2011

Probably Chewie. He's always busting Han's chops, and the scene in Jedi where he loses all control of himself and attempts to eat raw loving space-deer literally hanging from a pike is so great. Dude can fly spaceships, operate a gun and play holo-chess but reverts to a wild animal upon the sight of raw meat.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I like Han Solo the most. I wish he was still alive.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Filthy Casual posted:

Y'all, it don't get much better than Max Rebo.

According to the commentaries he was originally a Gungan I think.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The characters are much less interesting than the ships. What's everyone favorite Star Wars vehicle? I'm a TIE Interceptor man myself.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Queering Wheel posted:

I like Han Solo the most. I wish he was still alive.

I'm sorry he was a replicant

He was never alive.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

The characters are much less interesting than the ships. What's everyone favorite Star Wars vehicle? I'm a TIE Interceptor man myself.

Xwings are the best by far. Lock foils in attack position !

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

euphronius posted:

He was never alive.

Replicants are people too!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

My TFN account name was literally Master_Y-wing if you'd like to dig up some doxx-worthy stuff. I'm sure there's some out there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Queering Wheel posted:

Replicants are people too!

Sorry they were programmed to fulfill a job.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
What is a ship but a vessel? Padme is my favorite ship.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

rear end Catchcum posted:

What is a ship but a vessel? Padme is my favorite ship.

Lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I like it when Darth Vader is chasing Luke in the Death Star trench and he keeps turning the knob on his tie fighter controls.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Too bad they had the tech to make droids people but not ships. Seems like it would streamline a few things, but also put a lot of astromechs out of work...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Padmes sweet ride from the beginning of AotC. Close second is jabbas pleasure barge because it looks like the loaner yacht you'd be given while your real one is getting all the orgy stains scrubbed out

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
For a pleasure barge there wasn't that much loving.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Vegg220 posted:

What are you talking about? What the ostensible people in this thread say about the movie is that his advice wasn't helpful for stopping Anakin from being evil. He was Corrupted, a hypocrite, out of touch and so disconnected from humanity he can't see obvious poo poo right in front of his face, giving useless advice, and a supporter of hashtag robo genocide. If his advice was actually helpful for keeping a guy from becoming evil and the guy just doesn't listen in the end, that's in contradiction with their interpretation that the author wrote him as a dumbass who sucked on purpose. The intent of the author is in contradiction with their interpretation. I happen to agree with them that that scene makes Yoda look like an oblivious idiot. The intent was, according to Lucas, not to make him look like an oblivious idiot; therefore, if he comes off that way to you, it's because the film failed at what it was trying to do.

But that's not true. If Yoda did help Anakin calm down and hold on, but it simply wasn't enough in the long term to prevent Anakin's fall, then the thread and George Lucas are in accordance and it's you who's the odd man out.

It's weird. You keep telling us that the commentary is in complete opposition to what's happening onscreen (in which case, as I said, Lucas would just be lying to us), but it always seems to turn out that you've overstated the contradiction and the kind way Lucas describes the Jedi is perfectly easy to square with the self-destructive mistakes the Jedi are making.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

euphronius posted:

He was never alive.

But then again who is?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

But then again who is?

Said the guy who was best buds with a cylon

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No one reads list threads.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sassassin posted:

No one reads list threads.

So far so good.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I like how the X-wings are always putting their S-foils into attack position, or, as I like to say it to save a bit of time, A-position.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I always liked how the X-wings have ejection seats, but TIEs do not because I guess it was cheaper for the Empire to just train up some new guy than spend resources on rescue operations.

Anyway, if you end up in a TIE Interceptor, it means you're a total red baron level badass because you've somehow survived enough missions to move up enough in the ranks.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Obi-Wan and Anakin are my favorites, the best of the last generation of Jedi, fighting to escape the Jedi core philosophy and losing, and the first of the next generation, escaping in the worst way only to return at the end of his life.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Basebf555 posted:

I always liked how the X-wings have ejection seats, but TIEs do not because I guess it was cheaper for the Empire to just train up some new guy than spend resources on rescue operations.

Anyway, if you end up in a TIE Interceptor, it means you're a total red baron level badass because you've somehow survived enough missions to move up enough in the ranks.

Um, excuse me?

But on the other hand, I never got how the X-wing ejector seats were supposed to work. The pilots aren't wearing sealed helmets!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm getting the no ejector seat thing from the X-Wing novels, so that comic may predate them.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Cnut the Great posted:

Um, excuse me?

But on the other hand, I never got how the X-wing ejector seats were supposed to work. The pilots aren't wearing sealed helmets!

They don't wear sealed helmets when they get out of the Falcon in the asteroid belt either.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Well they're droids so it doesn't really affect them.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Podracing owns.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

Um, excuse me?

Some aliens get bad space gas, but it isn't fair to treat it like their emergency escape plan.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

true, true..

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

homullus posted:

They don't wear sealed helmets when they get out of the Falcon in the asteroid belt either.

Well, that's clearly a much different situation, because they're inside a gigantic alien space worm's stomach. Have you no understanding of science?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

True story I went as Luke from ROTJ for Halloween one year and literally everyone except my gay neighbors thought I was Darth Vader. I even had a green toy lightsaber and one black glove MJ-style.

"Please, Mr. Vader is my father. Call me Luke."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Basebf555 posted:

I always liked the design of the Y-Wing, both the original and Clone Wars versions. I'd have liked to have seen the latter in one of the films.

That aside, my absolute favorite is the ship Padme's duplicate arrives in at the start of AotC, which google informs me is the "J-type diplomatic barge."

What a clumsy goddamn name. Absolutely gorgeous, though.

Cnut the Great posted:

That's not a problem; in Star Wars, there is air in space.

How else would you hear all the sound effects?

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 7, 2016

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

How else would you hear all the sound effects?

I thought 3PO provided all the sounds and the Original Six were just him having to retell it to the Ewoks every year.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
B-WING MOTHERFers!!!

And yeah, they're probably people :boom:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Waffles Inc. posted:

who is your favorite star war guy and why?
i'm an anakin guy myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lando is my favorite character. He's so cool. When I was a kid, I was so convinced I was getting a Boba Fett toy for Christmas and was disappointed it was Lando. But I learned to appreciate him. My parents knew better than to get me that scrub Boba.

• Locked thread