Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Looks like unarmed combat just got viable!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19039/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I did a full normal playthrough then i decided to go for a perfect game, so i installed a mod to make idiot savant fire every time. Im level 137 and i havent even done 3/4th of the quests yet.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
What's recommended for cleaning up settlements, Spring Cleaning or Scrap Everything?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I've been using Scrap Everything based on the thread's recomendation (months ago), and no problems. It was update just a couple weeks ago to support all DLC, and Spring Cleaning hasn't been updated since January.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Has anyone gotten a bug where you have 2 options for scopes on hunting rifles and one hovers like a foot above it? Also, when I try to put a marksman stock on it it's waaaay hosed up, like the game isn't recognizing marksman stock. It's short and mutated looking. I'm sure it's a mod doing it, but not sure which. Anyone seen this before?

Load order:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
CROSS_CosmeticFramework.esm=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armormsith All DLCs Patch.esp=1
tcu2.esp=1
R91M.esp=1
Rangergearnew.esp=1
NanoSuit.esp=1
NanoSuit_AWKCR_AE.esp=1
CROSS_Cybernetics.esp=1
CROSS_Uni_Scarf.esp=1
CROSS_Uni_BosUniform.esp=1
Scavenged NCR Armor.esp=1
ClassicSniper.esp=1
The Rebel.esp=1
SMC.esp=1

my hosed up poo poo

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261597859304659599/1D3010ACD2B13DC979544BDD5A01A79A2B78DE3E/

vandalism fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 6, 2016

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19059/

xposting from the a/a mods thread: this is probably the best mod since Atom Bomb Baby.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

Wait, so enemies (or enemy hitpoints?) scale endlessly in this game?

Enemies usually exist at distinct level quanta. A bloatfly is level 1, a black bloatfly is level 9, a festering bloatfly is level 17, a glowing bloatfly is level 27. More levels mean more HP and, generally, higher damage resistance.

When you enter a map cell, it spawns enemy groups based on your current level, with a minimum and maximum range depending on where you are on the map, usually trending higher as you go south and/or east. These groups include a range of leveled enemies, usually of one or two types.

Some enemy types, like Super Mutants (Super Mutant Warlord) and Gunners (Gunner Brigadier) have one enemy with a level that tracks yours, instead of being a fixed value. They show up at the very top of the level range, and generally you won't see them until you get close to triple digit levels. Even then they don't replace everyone -- the running battle that is Quincy has never included even three Brigadiers for me.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
wot?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I'm the glossy barbie doll arms that end in a huge gap at the wrist.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Alright lets actually talk about mods that are interesting and we'd actually use now, sorry for the delay but I am waiting for the update stuff to settle down and taking a break from Fallout 4.

If you have Immersive Scrapping and find all these extra suits of power armor super loving useless now you have gotten bored with decorating your house with the ones you want to keep, get the add on here that lets you scrap down parts of said useless suits.

Ever wanted to teleport about and poo poo? Well, blink grenades here makes that dream a video game reality.

More of a cat person than a dog person? This mod turns Dogmeat into Catmeat a terrifyingly indestructable moggy that will be comically holding down Deathclaws for you.

More Deathclaw Variety gives the more unique and different Deathclaws their own skins. Man I miss MMM from Fallout 3 :smith:.

Though that the tophat you get from Nuka World looks like poo poo because of the rushed textures? This guy agrees with you and retextures Oswald's tophat to look less like half assed Fallout 3/NV modder garbage and into something that looks good.

If you like the Uncharted series and how the main character dresses up you'll enjoy the explorer outfits now.

Finally a modders resource for the handful of goons modding this game still, how about some extra fronts for the game notes?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

SeanBeansShako posted:

More Deathclaw Variety gives the more unique and different Deathclaws their own skins. Man I miss MMM from Fallout 3 :smith:.

The only variety I ever wanted from my Deathclaws.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Quick question: I'm planning on playing this via a Steam controller - if I were to load the game up solely through F4SE from Steam, would the game boot up with the mods I'd previously set up in Mod Organiser?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Quick question: I'm planning on playing this via a Steam controller - if I were to load the game up solely through F4SE from Steam, would the game boot up with the mods I'd previously set up in Mod Organiser?
MO keeps your mods outside of the data folder. In order for the game (or tools like F4Edit) to see your mods, it needs to be launch from MO.
You can create a shortcut that has MO auto-launch the game with SKSE (at least you could in MO, I assume this is still the case with MO2). If you have to launch the game through Steam, you could try creating that shortcut and adding it to your Steam library.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Raygereio posted:

MO keeps your mods outside of the data folder. In order for the game (or tools like F4Edit) to see your mods, it needs to be launch from MO.
You can create a shortcut that has MO auto-launch the game with SKSE (at least you could in MO, I assume this is still the case with MO2). If you have to launch the game through Steam, you could try creating that shortcut and adding it to your Steam library.

The problem is the bindings for the controller are reliant on which shortcut is opened. Steam is supposed to have a feature where you can export a binding from a game and apply it to another but I'll be hosed if it's ever worked for me.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

The problem is the bindings for the controller are reliant on which shortcut is opened. Steam is supposed to have a feature where you can export a binding from a game and apply it to another but I'll be hosed if it's ever worked for me.

I realize that NMM isn't MO, but my controller config works just fine with F4SE, no transfer needed. I can't use big picture to edit it in-game, but it should work as long as steam recognizes you playing Fallout 4.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Magmarashi posted:

My favorite extension of this conspiracy theory is that Zenimax was looking to acquire Obsidian and were gaming Metacritic in order to tank them enough that they could buy them out on the cheap.

Is it really fair to call it a conspiracy theory after the Human Head/Prey 2 poo poo that went down?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is it really fair to call it a conspiracy theory after the Human Head/Prey 2 poo poo that went down?

Yes.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Well in that case I side with the conspiracy nuts. They pulled all sorts of milestone-related shenanigans with Human Head, claimed Prey 2 "was just a tech demo" (it wasn't) and wasn't anywhere near completion (it was), cancelled it and used the "didn't meet our quality standards" PR response. I can easily see them pulling the same poo poo with a company that hasn't caught a break dealing with publishers since their days at Black Isle.

There are examples of their scummy practices dating back to 2001. Even with the Arkane acquisition.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/what-went-wrong-with-human-heads-prey-2?abthid=51af79d92aabedda5500000c
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-03-ex-human-head-developer-attacks-lie-that-prey-2-was-only-ever-just-a-demo
https://twitter.com/NathanCheever/status/528424067771011073

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 8, 2016

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

x-post from awesome/awful thread:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17633/

Possibly the best mod? Video here.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
That just reminds me of how much time I'd spend in The Darkness watching the working TVs littered around when I was supposed to be playing the game. they had movies and cartoons playing in the game, full ones at that.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

That just reminds me of how much time I'd spend in The Darkness watching the working TVs littered around when I was supposed to be playing the game. they had movies and cartoons playing in the game, full ones at that.

The very first time I played GTA4 I felt so overwhelmed after the beginning mission that I just went back inside and watched TV

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

New high-level adventure add-on, looks promising: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19088

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Diving into FROST now. Are there lantern/backpack/other survival-style mods I should add on to it?

I almost want to add Give Me That Bottle but I feel like it might gently caress up the balance.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 8, 2016

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

vandalism posted:

Has anyone gotten a bug where you have 2 options for scopes on hunting rifles and one hovers like a foot above it?

I solved this. It was the ncr armor mod that comes with an anti material rifle. The other ncr armor mod by the guy who did the rebel armor is superior.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

pmchem posted:

New high-level adventure add-on, looks promising: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19088

could use some more lens flares, fog and godrays

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

How hard would it be to change the rain permeability of workshop pieces? The greenhouse-style warehouse roofs don't block it and it's ruining my glorious trash palace <:mad:>

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 9, 2016

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

HookedOnChthonics posted:

How hard would it be to change the rain permeability of workshop pieces? The greenhouse-style warehouse roofs don't block block it and it's ruining my glorious trash palace <:mad:>

Very. As far as I know, rain in F4 goes through anything with alpha channels so even if your glass roof is "new" and without cracks it would still rain under it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

HookedOnChthonics posted:

How hard would it be to change the rain permeability of workshop pieces? The greenhouse-style warehouse roofs don't block block it and it's ruining my glorious trash palace <:mad:>

True Storms includes a small buildable device you can stick in the ceiling (as well as one for the wall and floor) of a room to prevent all weather effects in a (limited) area.

If you don't like the actual mod you can turn all the features on or off with the config holotape.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Ah, perfect, already using it. Thanks!

Also, anyone know of any mods that add tent or awning style pieces? I ended up heavily utilizing the few raider-style tents and kinda want to run with the theme :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Christ, I can't wait until pre-made settlement mods start coming out. Sanctuary is just so loving bad as a home base/blank canvas that it kills my enjoyment of the game.

I dream of a mod where your settlements build themselves; it's just up to you to secure building material and plan out supply lines.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

toasterwarrior posted:

Christ, I can't wait until pre-made settlement mods start coming out. Sanctuary is just so loving bad as a home base/blank canvas that it kills my enjoyment of the game.

I dream of a mod where your settlements build themselves; it's just up to you to secure building material and plan out supply lines.

Imagine a game which is a mix between Mad Max and Minecraft, plus settler management as in Rim World.

I can't remember any sandbox where npcs do their own building though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Finally somebody is doing an interiors mod and decided that Lexington should have a few more explorable places now instead of being 'the place I avoid because the Preston glitch put me off Preston for life.

Get Lexinton Interiors and enjoy.

Some guy has thrown together some pseduo casual New Vegas style western gear as well.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Replaying this on a shiny new graphics card and I'm ready to turn this poo poo up to 11 on survival mode. One question though, is there a mod yet that lets me snap to settlement foundations or do "something" with them? I didn't see anything on the big huge list but I'm holding out with hope

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It'd be nice if there was a mod like that, super weird how they never thought to include building pre-fabs with foundations attached because of the terrain.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Hambilderberglar posted:

Replaying this on a shiny new graphics card and I'm ready to turn this poo poo up to 11 on survival mode. One question though, is there a mod yet that lets me snap to settlement foundations or do "something" with them? I didn't see anything on the big huge list but I'm holding out with hope

No idea about that, but since you seem to be a new survival player (I think!), be sure to get the Sleep or Save and Survival Mode Console Enabler mods. The first lets you save on a bed without actually sleeping (a big convenience!), and the second one lets you bail yourself out when you get stuck on terrain or whatever.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Smol posted:

No idea about that, but since you seem to be a new survival player (I think!), be sure to get the Sleep or Save and Survival Mode Console Enabler mods. The first lets you save on a bed without actually sleeping (a big convenience!), and the second one lets you bail yourself out when you get stuck on terrain or whatever.
Thanks for the mod tips!
New to Fallout 4 survival mode. I enjoyed it a lot in new vegas and I haven't played since release month so I'm ready to re-do everything on hard mode with nice textures.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

SeanBeansShako posted:

Finally somebody is doing an interiors mod and decided that Lexington should have a few more explorable places now instead of being 'the place I avoid because the Preston glitch put me off Preston for life.

Get Lexinton Interiors and enjoy.

Some guy has thrown together some pseduo casual New Vegas style western gear as well.

Can you recommend any other mods which add more interiors?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

horse mans posted:

Can you recommend any other mods which add more interiors?

That is the first one for Fallout 4 I believe.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

SeanBeansShako posted:

That is the first one for Fallout 4 I believe.

There's actually Beantown Interiors, which is made by the same guy as D.C./NV Interiors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is he still filling his interiors with a billion pieces of junk?