Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
hey zephyrine i'll vouch you into goonfleet if you send globby 1 billion isk.

you have to decide within the next 20 minutes or this offer expires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

hey zephyrine i'll vouch you into goonfleet if you send globby 1 billion isk.

you have to decide within the next 20 minutes or this offer expires.

I already sent warr like 30% of all the isk I had in the world back when you stole all the things. I'm paid up.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
why don't you just spend some time in something like snuff or shadow cartel? they're good at eve and do stuff often

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

why don't you just spend some time in something like snuff or shadow cartel? they're good at eve and do stuff often

I was never very elite pvp. I'll never find the out gate without a fleet warp.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

I was never very elite pvp. I'll never find the out gate without a fleet warp.

you know that thing called the overview? it actually lists all of the gates, alphabetically or by distance

while not finding stuff may be funny when you've been playing eve for all of 2 hours, not understanding that after playing as much as you have just outs you as an idiot (which your grovelling to get back into GSF has done as well)

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I will accept you into the semi elite small gang pvp alliance of Rote kapelle for the low sum of 10bn isk. Being unable to warp to out gates is acceptable.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

just take a break for like 7-8 years and then come back, it's fine

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'll sell you my account for $1000 US dollars and you can probably get director level access within 6 months like I did.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

you know that thing called the overview? it actually lists all of the gates, alphabetically or by distance

while not finding stuff may be funny when you've been playing eve for all of 2 hours, not understanding that after playing as much as you have just outs you as an idiot (which your grovelling to get back into GSF has done as well)

I never claimed to be good at Eve. I'm surprisingly bad at it. I'm just very patient.

I have played Eve for over three years and I have one proper solo kill in that time.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54279193/

And it was a close call because I pressed F1 twice and accidentally turned off my guns mid fight. I was wondering why he didn't take any damage until I saw they were off and I turned them back on.

Then after killing him I fled the scene. Burned to a gate, tried to jump through but I had a combat timer and was blown up by a gate camp.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54279208/

I also lost the frozen corpse of This guy who I had just killed in high sec:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54278818/

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
no one is good at this game

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Counterpoint: I am

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i am too!

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I'm not :smith:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
oh i see

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Nc. blowing away circle of test fleets with dd's is so confusing.
But in the end I'm deeply satisfied by the amount of crowing they did on reddit and how fast it disappeared as a result of the last 24 hours.
Even if nc. and horde get stronger out of this, gently caress c02.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

4th Horseman posted:

gently caress c02.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

4th Horseman posted:

gently caress c02.

LiteraryDouble
Nov 28, 2014

Hello friends.
gigx, vince, ron

gently caress, marry, kill?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

LiteraryDouble posted:

gigx, vince, ron

kill, kill, love tenderly

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

LiteraryDouble posted:

gigx, vince, ron

Just don't do it all at once or you can only collect the survivor benefits from one of them.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

LiteraryDouble posted:

gigx, vince, ron

if it's michael vick ron, then he's cool

vince is vince (which you can't really fault him for), but i mean gigx is crazy and it's laffo to see r/eve sucking him off so hard

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
hey friends I saw for some reason I came up in conversation 20 pages ago.

Sion is wrong and has a terrible memory, to the surprise of no one. :v:

But the "interview" I had to do to get into goonswarm so I wouldn't have to dump the NC. leadership forums I had no access to was pretty funny. For all the :tinfoil: prowess of GSF leadership at the time I guess no one ever figured out I had pretty much no access to anything but were pretty mad I didn't forum dump anyway. :v: I was a USTZ diplo under LadyScarlet with no access to standings. :toot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 7, 2016

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

hey friends I saw for some reason I came up in conversation 20 pages ago.

Sion is wrong and has a terrible memory, to the surprise of no one. :v:

Care to be more specific? Or are you just chiming in to sling a little poo poo, no strings attached?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

tickets to the gunt show posted:

Care to be more specific? Or are you just chiming in to sling a little poo poo, no strings attached?

Sure!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&pagenumber=541&perpage=40#post464644797

Is the post in question.

It's true I wanted to jump ship and play with GSF, because NC. was quite boring at the time. Before taking Tribute NC. was a lot of fun but I didn't really enjoy the sedentary supercap PVP in my TZ (USTZ). It's also true JustSharkBait, who was a director in Burning Napalm and RL friend, came with me. We more or less had the same reasons.

I was in the TMC bullpen at the time because I wrote for TMC, asked if I could join, Mittens asked me to forum dump, I said no because that wasn't how I did things. I was told I had to do some stupid interview with Sion to get into GSF and prove my loyalty, so I wrote the most spergy responses I could think of and a lot of people got mad. This worked out super well because I had zero leadership forum access anyway, but no one figured that out until much later. :toot:

I helped lead the AA guild, and Gicer and DBRB showed up late and decided they wanted to try and run it like the EVE guild, which was dumb and stupid. We argued a lot. TL;DR most of the people that PVPed in AA (read, all the people that PVPed in AA) were sort of my crew, so the EVE director insurrection of 2014 didn't work out how they wanted, so they retaliated by getting be banned from EVE goons. I still have all the sperg posts made by Gicer that I've posted here before. ArcheAge was some legendary goon behavior, and all of it is way, way too much to cover in one post here.

It should be noted I was registered and active on SA way before any of this, as has already been pointed out. I helped found and still run with the BMW/FUCKGOONS clan that plays Rust and a bunch of other games, as well as helped to found/run the SA Discord network which something like ~2000 goons use. So the implication I registered on SA after this happened or to play EVE is pretty stupid and wrong.

I also never quit EVE, my corp history in game more or less simply reflects I went to lowsec and got small scale fighting without the ties of nullsec, which is something I thoroughly enjoy.

Anything else Sion said in his post is more or less accurate, I guess. But that's my take on it.

All of this is kind of localized drama to a select group of former directors in GSF though, as all the EVE goons I've met up with IRL and at meetups are chillbros that I drink a LOT of beer with.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 7, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

under LadyScarlet

A precarious position no doubt.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

LiteraryDouble posted:

gigx, vince, ron

checkbox

no strings attached?

god how I wish all these people had no strings attached.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

Sure!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&pagenumber=541&perpage=40#post464644797

Is the post in question.

It's true I wanted to jump ship and play with GSF, because NC. was quite boring at the time. Before taking Tribute NC. was a lot of fun but I didn't really enjoy the sedentary supercap PVP in my TZ (USTZ). It's also true JustSharkBait, who was a director in Burning Napalm and RL friend, came with me. We more or less had the same reasons.

I was in the TMC bullpen at the time because I wrote for TMC, asked if I could join, Mittens asked me to forum dump, I said no because that wasn't how I did things. I was told I had to do some stupid interview with Sion to get into GSF and prove my loyalty, so I wrote the most spergy responses I could think of and a lot of people got mad. This worked out super well because I had zero leadership forum access anyway, but no one figured that out until much later. :toot:

I helped lead the AA guild, and Gicer and DBRB showed up late and decided they wanted to try and run it like the EVE guild, which was dumb and stupid. We argued a lot. TL;DR most of the people that PVPed in AA (read, all the people that PVPed in AA) were sort of my crew, so the EVE director insurrection of 2014 didn't work out how they wanted, so they retaliated by getting be banned from EVE goons. I still have all the sperg posts made by Gicer that I've posted here before. ArcheAge was some legendary goon behavior, and all of it is way, way too much to cover in one post here.

It should be noted I was registered and active on SA way before any of this, as has already been pointed out. I helped found and still run with the BMW/FUCKGOONS clan that plays Rust and a bunch of other games, as well as helped to found/run the SA Discord network which something like ~2000 goons use. So the implication I registered on SA after this happened or to play EVE is pretty stupid and wrong.

I also never quit EVE, my corp history in game more or less simply reflects I went to lowsec and got small scale fighting without the ties of nullsec, which is something I thoroughly enjoy.

Anything else Sion said in his post is more or less accurate, I guess. But that's my take on it.

There isn't a whole lot of controversy between these posts. You've filled in some of the gaps, and I am somehow not surprised by DBRB acting whiny considering we've all experienced his temper tantrums and usually just ignore them.

Also - Sion's post in question literally says "He wasn't banned from goons for AA drama". And then basically says "He was banned from goons for AA drama". So no big surprises there. I am curious about the details of the director insurrection and the ensuing :derp:, but that's probably been covered before and I just missed it.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

A precarious position no doubt.

:golfclap:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

There isn't a whole lot of controversy between these posts. You've filled in some of the gaps, and I am somehow not surprised by DBRB acting whiny considering we've all experienced his temper tantrums and usually just ignore them.

Also - Sion's post in question literally says "He wasn't banned from goons for AA drama". And then basically says "He was banned from goons for AA drama". So no big surprises there. I am curious about the details of the director insurrection and the ensuing :derp:, but that's probably been covered before and I just missed it.

There isn't much to it, Gicer came after we had about 1500 folks in the ArcheAge guild. Gicer said he was "asked" to come help lead the guild, but no one except Gicer has any recollection of that happening. There was some unrelated drama that resulted in the original guild leader being ousted/quitting, and so the ship was rudderless as it were. Gicer tried to put DBRB forward as a PVP raid leader, except his behavior really wasn't well received outside of the EVE goons that played AA, which caused a lot of salt. DBRB also stupidly advocated for BFM to be let back into the guild after we found out he was a pedo and permabanned him along with a handful of other EVE goons who kept trying to sneak him back in. (Another point of fact, Gicer likes to say I wasn't running things but remarkably, I had access to the offsite admin panel to ban people from services and he didn't, imagine that) In the end, I was banned from GSF after the PVP goons in AA had split off under a guild that I was head of. The fact that the guild Gicer and DBRB were trying to usurp crashed into the ground and disintegrated soon after was no coincidence. I simply think they expected an EVE intrigue hugbox and didn't get one, but that's just my opinion and perception of events, because I had no loving clue whom either of them were before AA.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 7, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
is everything that they say about lady scarlet true?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Landsknecht posted:

is everything that they say about lady scarlet true?

Probably.

But for my part, she was always very helpful and downright personable in most instances. She rightly deserves a lot of the poo poo she catches in game but in all honesty, she's not a bad person and was far more willing to help people get things done than almost anyone else in NC. directorship.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Probably.

But for my part, she was always very helpful and downright personable in most instances. She rightly deserves a lot of the poo poo she catches in game but in all honesty, she's not a bad person and was far more willing to help people get things done than almost anyone else in NC. directorship.

what is NCDOT actually like? even though we've done stuff with them for years, I've never really dealt with membership, and all I hear on mumble/irc is that sometimes we need to bail them out

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

Probably.

Yeah I don't think anyone here is saying "gently caress her I hope she dies" - but I have heard volumes of anecdotal evidence that she might be um... a bitch. In game at least.

Kimsemus posted:

There isn't much to it, Gicer came after we had about 1500 folks in the ArcheAge guild. Gicer said he was "asked" to come help lead the guild, but no one except Gicer has any recollection of that happening. There was some unrelated drama that resulted in the original guild leader being ousted/quitting, and so the ship was rudderless as it were. Gicer tried to put DBRB forward as a PVP raid leader, except his behavior really wasn't well received outside of the EVE goons that played AA, which caused a lot of salt. DBRB also stupidly advocated for BFM to be let back into the guild after we found out he was a pedo and permabanned him along with a handful of other EVE goons who kept trying to sneak him back in. (Another point of fact, Gicer likes to say I wasn't running things but remarkably, I had access to the offsite admin panel to ban people from services and he didn't, imagine that) In the end, I was banned from GSF after the PVP goons in AA had split off under a guild that I was head of. The fact that the guild Gicer and DBRB were trying to usurp crashed into the ground and disintegrated soon after was no coincidence. I simply think they expected an EVE intrigue hugbox and didn't get one, but that's just my opinion and perception of events, because I had no loving clue whom either of them were before AA.

This is sad on so many levels.

Also, why posture or try to pull space-rank in the stupid poo poo GSF does outside of EVE? Oh wait... the tragic answer to my question just dawned on me.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Landsknecht posted:

what is NCDOT actually like? even though we've done stuff with them for years, I've never really dealt with membership, and all I hear on mumble/irc is that sometimes we need to bail them out

I don't know what it's like there now, but when I was in NC., for the first few years it was kind of this fun, nomadic PVP style where we just showed up to fights and wrecked people. Almost like a mercenary coalition thing. Once we took tribute, we got incredibly sedentary. There really wasn't a huge sense of community, I more or less got jabber pings, logged in for fights, then logged out. I think one of the big things I was looking for in GSF was a sense of community beyond fleets, but that never had a chance to materialize. One thing I have said, and stand by though, is that NC. in some ways is worse off because of their relationship with PL. PL has some good dudes, but NC ended up emulating a lot of the PL culture which I wasn't a huge fan of. That, and NC. took in almost all the old leadership from BoB 1.0/2.0 and -A-, so we had to deal with that as well. I really, REALLY liked the elite PVP aspect to NC., especially in subcaps. For years all I did was fly HICs in fleets and tackle supers and bubble hostile fleets which was amazingly fun, before I had to worry about emptying towers and defending reinforce timers ad nauseam all day.

This is sad on so many levels.

Also, why posture or try to pull space-rank in the stupid poo poo GSF does outside of EVE? Oh wait... the tragic answer to my question just dawned on me.

Having had almost no interaction with GSF leadership beyond the TMC bullpen where people were generally quite friendly and personable, it was really kind of shocking to me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Still selling the cheapest injectors around. 21 injectors worth of contracts expired from not being accepted. Checking them now they were priced at 581 million each which reflected the prices last week. RIP whoever didn't accept them.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Speaking of me in-game, I'm thinking pretty hard about jumping back in. I still have to finish Witcher though and just got Mafia 3. Plus Saturdays are out for the most part because foosball. Some light spacestuff would be okay when I can fit it in though - still need to get my junk out of Saranen. Also wishing I hadn't goo'd industrial command ships out of my booster alt since the boosting rorq is going to be so imba when the patch hits. Ah well.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
gosh I hope "imba" isn't pubbiespeak because if so I just totally outed myself :ohdear:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Landsknecht posted:

I can't find the out gate unless I'm down the fleet warps myself :skink:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
everyone probably already seen this, but it needs to be posted in the best thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
aaaaaahahahahaha

eat poo poo darius

• Locked thread