Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna throw up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

I'm gonna throw up

Too much Nep?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Impossible.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

Impossible.

Surely if there's a Top Nep there must be a way to go over the top

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nep responsibly.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CrashCat posted:

Surely if there's a Top Nep there must be a way to go over the top

There's a Top Gun 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hot Nep part deux

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
PSTV and Vita use the same memory cards right?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yes.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
Went ahead and purchased a VitaTV. The Lego Movie Bundle on Amazon, mostly because it came with an 8gb memory card. Seems it also came with Sly Cooper.
I found it extremely easy to make it part of my system setups, tied it to my USA PS Account.
I would recommend this device. The resolution is quite nice, and is a good way to let others play my games whom I do not wish to put my Vita's in their hands.

So far my wife has been enjoying playing Steins;Gate. She wants me to help her finish through the True Route now.

ayukawa fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 7, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The PSTV looks like garbage on a big TV but on a smaller one, possibly kicking around in an odd spot it fits the bill really nicely. It feels sharper than an old school Wii, which was my choice for the second TV for a while and now just sits in a sack until I drag it on a trip somewhere.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

CrashCat posted:

The PSTV looks like garbage on a big TV but on a smaller one, possibly kicking around in an odd spot it fits the bill really nicely. It feels sharper than an old school Wii, which was my choice for the second TV for a while and now just sits in a sack until I drag it on a trip somewhere.

I put it on the old 107cm/42in LCD screen for her, so far looks quite nice.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I managed to get a copy of Valkyrie Drive's LE after all but since it was in the second restocking it will take awhile to get here. Since I don't want to lose time I'll be getting the digital version as well.

So my question is, when I get the physical copy can I make a backup of my save in the PSN, erase the digital version, restore my save and use it in the physical version with no issues?

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
If you just insert the physical game while the digital version is installed, a message will pop up and ask if you want to switch over to physical and it'll delete game data for you and it won't affect your save.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ImpactVector posted:

Most computer USB ports don't really have enough amps to charge a lot of modern devices. Decent chargers these days generally have 2+ amps per port.

You sometimes see a laptop with a USB port that has a little lightning bolt next to it, and that's supposed to be for charging devices, but I've found that to be kind of hit or miss.
The lightning bolt isn't for amps, it's to show which port stays on when the laptop's put to sleep.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

sporadicsarcasm posted:

If you just insert the physical game while the digital version is installed, a message will pop up and ask if you want to switch over to physical and it'll delete game data for you and it won't affect your save.

Ah, that is even better. Thank you :tipshat:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

sporadicsarcasm posted:

If you're running Henkaku you can also use the save backup utility someone made. I used it when I ripped P4G so that I didn't have to leave the cart in all the time.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If you're running Henkaku you can also use the save backup utility someone made. I used it when I ripped P4G so that I didn't have to leave the cart in all the time.

Ah, where's that, or what's its name? I was kind of irritated that the only (stock) solution for backing up saves was to copy the entire effing digital game to my computer. Why on earth can't I uninstall a digital game but keep the save data for later? Who designed this nonsense?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Fixing the save nonsense would make me a very happy girl

I'd like it too

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls LE is processing for payment tomorrow. You have 3 hours left to cancel

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MisterAlex posted:

Ah, where's that, or what's its name? I was kind of irritated that the only (stock) solution for backing up saves was to copy the entire effing digital game to my computer. Why on earth can't I uninstall a digital game but keep the save data for later? Who designed this nonsense?

I dunno, go look at wololo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls LE is processing for payment tomorrow. You have 3 hours left to cancel

why would you do that ever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dehry posted:

I'm trying to click cancel for you but it isn't working

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

MisterAlex posted:

Sony.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I dunno, go look at wololo
Cool, thanks. Found a Vita Save Manager post there. I'll give that a look-see.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, now that I have my emulators set up and all, my Vita keeps downloading system updates and prompting me to install them, and the "Update Automatically" checkbox in the PSN settings is already unchecked so I don't know which setting to turn off to make it stop doing that

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

loquacius posted:

So, now that I have my emulators set up and all, my Vita keeps downloading system updates and prompting me to install them, and the "Update Automatically" checkbox in the PSN settings is already unchecked so I don't know which setting to turn off to make it stop doing that

You have to push the hack button every time you hard reboot your vita.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

leper khan posted:

You have to push the hack button every time you hard reboot your vita.

Yeah, this is the most idiotic part about henkaku.

Also is there a reason everyone is salty about the vita? I mean outside of Sony being bellends, the system is pretty fun. More than enough stupid anime games and JRPGs for basement dwelling goons to handle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think if people are mad about Vita it's either owners who are annoyed that it's pretty much a dead system, at least in terms of official Sony support or anime game haters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I actually like the Vita hardware more than the 3DS but it's got about 1/10th the library of games that I want to play on it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

unlawfulsoup posted:

Also is there a reason everyone is salty about the vita? I mean outside of Sony being bellends, the system is pretty fun. More than enough stupid anime games and JRPGs for basement dwelling goons to handle.

Anime games and JRPGs are pretty niche products so someone who bought the system expecting something else is obviously going to disappointed with it.

I got my Vita for free and like JRPGs so it has been pretty great. I also never owned a PSP so I got access to that library for the first time too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

unlawfulsoup posted:

I'm mad that there aren't games I want coming out for it anymore.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The vita is a very beautiful handheld that feels nice in the hands and has an absolutely amazing dpad. It just never got games. I dunno why and I'm pretty torn up about it, because the next generation of handhelds will probably just solely feature a Nintendo.

Actually, i'm still pretty surprised Micro never dipped into the traditional handheld market, and now with phone games, I doubt they ever will.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

unlawfulsoup posted:

Before fall 2013 it was being sold as a premium AAA console with the big Sony games like Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and Black Ops. The OLED screen, base specs of the underclocked processor, and the fact it didn't look like the Aqua Blue 3DS were the selling points promoted by fans of the console. Then after PS4 came out the western support dried up, the screen was made a regular LCD, kept the proprietary memory, and Sony cut off PSP development. In 2015 CEOs started calling it a "Legacy product" to investors, and the Vita's main appearance at Playstation Experience was one presenter bringing out his own Vita.

Someone who's been in for the long run would be pretty pissed they spent $300+ and now only get video games with 12 year old girls getting their clothes stripped off.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Actually, i'm still pretty surprised Micro never dipped into the traditional handheld market, and now with phone games, I doubt they ever will.

Microsoft knew they couldn't take on Nintendo and decided not to make one

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/geekwire-radio-former-xbox-chief-robbie-bach-on-lessons-learned-from-microsofts-console-business/

E:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQnxSz-MFQ

Dehry fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 8, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dehry posted:

Before fall 2013 it was being sold as a premium AAA console with the big Sony games like Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and Black Ops.

luckily it ended up having good games instead

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Vita is great for VNs though just like the PSP :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

luckily it ended up having good games instead

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All those good vita games

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's the best experience I can imagine for Luftrausers, OlliOlli and Sonic Kart 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Vita has more upcoming retail releases in American than the Wii U. So you guys have that to hold on to, the Vita is more alive than the Wii U