Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

and I have no one -no one- that I could talk to about evolution of TSUNDERE PERKELE that wouldn't have me medicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

MizPiz posted:

I like how this comment assumes there wouldn't be any social ramifications for letting a loved one die. Really shows just how few loved ones you have. :smugbert:

I like how this comment conflates social values and ethical values. Really shows how unenlightened you are. :smugbird:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Only one bed?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Pylly-Nallen pierupuuro

tämä oli itsellenikin uusi meemi

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Feels god man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

tämä oli itsellenikin uusi meemi

I used to be with it but now I don't know what it is anymore.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Delightfully sinister.

In other news I went to 4chan.com today. It was not what I expected.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It wasn't 4chan.org, for one.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

alpha_destroy posted:

I like how this comment conflates social values and ethical values. Really shows how unenlightened you are. :smugbird:

I like how this comment implies ethical values aren't determined by social values. Really shows how much of a romantic idealist you are. :fella:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol, because my friend's made this macro years ago on a now dead website that didn't bother with watermarks.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
First we get the hams
Then we get the steam
Then we get the aurora borealis

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I wonder if this is what Alzheimer's feel like, just like an unpredictable remix of everything you've experienced in life, which very few other people truly understand

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

twoday posted:

I wonder if this is what Alzheimer's feel like, just like an unpredictable remix of everything you've experienced in life, which very few other people truly understand

im permabanned poster twoday. i first started posting memes when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "lulz" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "dolan pls" and "steamed hams" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start forgetting the names of my friends and family etc, basically prodromal alzheimers. im now on gene therapy. i always wondered what the kind of "spicy" style of memes humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of dementia and alzheimer's syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" memes to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental dregredation. dicks out for harambe.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't Dolan about due for a new generation?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I miss Dolan, actually, I think that's why I included it.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

twoday posted:

Nah, that's just what feeling high feels like.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Karate Bastard posted:

Delightfully sinister.

In other news I went to 4chan.com today. It was not what I expected.

In all my internet years, and knowing of 4Chan, I've never actually been curious enough to go there. Might have to take a look too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

beato posted:

In all my internet years, and knowing of 4Chan, I've never actually been curious enough to go there. Might have to take a look too.
It's 4chan.org, and there seldom is anything worth your time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

cinci is right. It's easy to believe the "hype" around 4chan, but despite being billed as "the unrestrained id of the internet" it's really a dumping ground for juvenile and vaguely alt-right poo poo that even reddit won't tolerate in large amounts.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

mind the walrus posted:

cinci is right. It's easy to believe the "hype" around 4chan, but despite being billed as "the unrestrained id of the internet" it's really a dumping ground for juvenile and vaguely alt-right poo poo that even reddit won't tolerate in large amounts.

Also non-contained sexual frustration

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

Also non-contained sexual frustration
Wait until you see Russian imageboard 2ch.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I think my 12 years here have spoiled me for message boards and internet communities. Tried Reddit but it's over-rated and mainly terrible. Imgur is good as an image host but the community is basically just Reddit but ever so slightly worse if that's possible.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

beato posted:

I think my 12 years here have spoiled me for message boards and internet communities. Tried Reddit but it's over-rated and mainly terrible. Imgur is good as an image host but the community is basically just Reddit but ever so slightly worse if that's possible.

I just don't understand reddit's layout. Like, posts are listed by how popular they are? How does that have any narrative flow during a discussion?? Also Imgur isn't actually an image host. It's against their rules for you to upload images to post on other websites.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

:eyepop:

i dont want to ruin it but:

roses are red
harambe's in heaven
george w bush
did 9/11

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ak Gara posted:

I just don't understand reddit's layout. Like, posts are listed by how popular they are? How does that have any narrative flow during a discussion??
It's not for discussion and hasn't been since 2012 at the latest, when the user population exploded and commerce took serious notice. Now it's mostly a platform for advertisements and "cubicle/water cooler 'oh did you see this?' chat. Discussion can still happen deep in the comments or on boards that are about questions and are limited to text-only posts but it's largely incidental to the raison d'etre of the site as a whole.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ak Gara posted:

Also Imgur isn't actually an image host. It's against their rules for you to upload images to post on other websites.

That's not correct. The exact wording is "don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge ... we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images ... and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com"

What they don't want you to do is use them as image hosting for an entire website. Obviously you can use them to post images on forums or whatever. They specifically give you direct image links and BBcode to make it easier to do so.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

4chan used to have loads of memes. :rip:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Jerry Cotton posted:

4chan used to have loads of memes. :rip:

*in a scared-kid-around-a-campfire's voice* w-what happened?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solar Tornado posted:

*in a scared-kid-around-a-campfire's voice* w-what happened?

I don't know :shrug: That was like six years ago. I guess the change must have been gradual but I wasn't around to see it. I was never a regular anyway. The meme mörkö got them.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Oct 8, 2016

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Tiggum posted:

That's not correct. The exact wording is "don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere

That's literally half this thread.

I've heard of several message forums that got blacklisted because people used them to host funny images.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
so, what would be a better hosting site?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

That's literally half this thread.

It's literally literally 100% of all the fora on Something Awful and has been for years.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

so, what would be a better hosting site?

Oh, no, I'm going to continue using them, I was just pointing it out.

But http://bayimg.com/ has 100MB limit

https://postimage.org/ is another but with the rule of the pics have to be linked back to their website which I think is the reason waffleimages got banned from this site, or something.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hold on I thought waffle just died the goon death, of goon projects?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Tiggum posted:

That's not correct. The exact wording is "don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge ... we will murder you along with the household you're hotlinking from, burn what little legacy you may have, character assassinate your memory with front page propaganda... and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com"

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

Hold on I thought waffle just died the goon death, of goon projects?

Opps, it was Waffleimages that replaced [edit] lol can't even type it because it gets filtered.

The image hosting site that shall not be nammmmed! :spooky:

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

• Locked thread