Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Standard scoring league, who wins this trade?

Gordon / Brate
Martin / Reed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Sataere posted:

Standard scoring league, who wins this trade?

Gordon / Brate
Martin / Reed

I'd rather have Martin/Reed I think, assuming you have someone to fill in for Martin until he comes back.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Butter Hole posted:

I'd rather have Martin/Reed I think, assuming you have someone to fill in for Martin until he comes back.

Good. The guy with Martin is hurting st running back, and I have Hyde, Miller and hopefully Charles next week. Tight end is my only weak spot.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ROS opinions are lovely and useless, though. Week to week is better, poor Javan is right.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
really liking that tyler eifert pick now :shepface:

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

It only took until Week 5, but I've discovered a Taco lurking within one of my leagues. Saw he got 23 points last night between three players, one of them being Hyde. Well this dude started Carson Palmer.

Too bad I'm not facing him this week.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Santheb posted:

It only took until Week 5, but I've discovered a Taco lurking within one of my leagues. Saw he got 23 points last night between three players, one of them being Hyde. Well this dude started Carson Palmer.

Too bad I'm not facing him this week.

I've got a guy who is starting Russell Wilson who is on bye. He's my opponent.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

pubic works project posted:

I've got a guy who is starting Russell Wilson who is on bye. He's my opponent.

But he's got til Sunday to change that. Thursday Night apparently snuck up on my guy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Santheb posted:

But he's got til Sunday to change that. Thursday Night apparently snuck up on my guy.

Yeah but Wilson is his only guy. He hasn't changed his roster for like 2 weeks. I think he's high in a ditch somewhere.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
these sound like very competitive fun leagues to be in.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

TommyGun85 posted:

these sound like very competitive fun leagues to be in.

4-0 baby

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

ROS opinions are lovely and useless, though. Week to week is better, poor Javan is right.

I for one would like to win a championship more so than my week 5 matchup

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Someone just offered me DeMarco Murray, Jameis Winston, and Julius Thomas for my Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson.

My initial response was "hahahaha gently caress no" but looking further into it, does this seem like a bad deal? I expect DeMarco to be hurt by the end of the season.

This is a bad deal, right?

EDIT: This is a bad deal.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 7, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

If you have to decide which of two players you're gonna drop or trade away, then you want a ROS opinion on them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Vargo posted:

Someone just offered me DeMarco Murray, Jameis Winston, and Julius Thomas for my Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson.

My initial response was "hahahaha gently caress no" but looking further into it, does this seem like a bad deal? I expect DeMarco to be hurt by the end of the season.

Yes it is a bad deal.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Vargo posted:

This is poop from a butt.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

If you have to decide which of two players you're gonna drop or trade away, then you want a ROS opinion on them.

In my experience though whatever you conclude on your own ROS is almost always as accurate as what someone else tells you they think will happen, though. At least on a week to week you have concrete things to talk about and you may actually find a more informed and useful opinion than your own.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

LmaoTheKid posted:

This is poop from a butt.

I probably wouldn't mind a straight-up Nelson for Murray trade, but gently caress if I'll give up Rodgers for Winston and Thomas.

DEMARIYUS Thomas, maybe.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 7, 2016

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
Enunwa's surprise addition to the injury report is no fun. At least one dude who presumably has some connections think he'll be fine.

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/784485844971204608

Just in case he doesn't play though who would you drop so that I can fill my dumb starting spots at least?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
So I completely bungled the draft this year with a no RB strategy executed far too literally and ended up with a pretty mediocre team that's been made absolutely miserable through injuries and unforeseeable issues (WTF Ivory?). But after some WW additions and a couple of trades I've turned this:

Bortles
Deangello, Forsett, Ivory, Javorious, Alfred, CJ2K
Dez, BMarsh, Keenan, Shephard, Aiken, Stills
Reed

into this:

Wentz, Bortles
Gio, Rawls, Deangello, CAP, Ivory
BMarsh, Dez, Enunwa, Tate, Wallace
Eifert, Brate

I still have Forsett and CJ2K since I didn't realize they would be locked on my roster when I designated them as drops. That trade doesn't process until Tuesday morning unfortunately. Next time I need to make sure and make obvious drops before messing around with trades, this really screwed me on the WW this week since one or two pick ups were blocked with Forsett and Johnson locked up.

This week is going to be pretty rough with injuries and bye weeks, but I'm a lot more hopeful for the rest of the season than I was a week ago. I think if I can bolster my RB's further then I might even be able to make the playoffs. Hoping Brate has a huge week so I can get some value for him once Eifert is healthy.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

With Latavius ruled out, should I drop someone to play Riddick or Sims instead? Standard 10-team.

I'm thinking of giving up on Eifert but there doesn't seem to be much clarity on how bad this new injury is.

And yes, if you're asking, I am kicking myself for not starting Fitz. Especially after yesterday's report on Edelman.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Riddick is completely useless outside of PPR leagues

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Sims maybe out too.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Benne posted:

Riddick is completely useless outside of PPR leagues

Moreso than Gio though?

axelord posted:

Sims maybe out too.

Crap no wonder people are picking up Jacquiz. Does he have any long-term potential? In particular more than Kenyan Drake who I'm ready to ditch in my deep-bench league? Edit: just looked him up and he's a veteran so I'm guessing no.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 7, 2016

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Maybe Riddick has a slightly higher floor than Bernard in standard. Both are bad RB2 options though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Moreso than Gio though?

Crap no wonder people are picking up Jacquiz. Does he have any long-term potential? In particular more than Kenyan Drake who I'm ready to ditch in my deep-bench league? Edit: just looked him up and he's a veteran so I'm guessing no.

Jacquizz Rogers is bad, so no.

e. And both Sims and more importantly Doug Martin will be back and when they come back, Jacquizzy is going back to where he belongs, which is free agency.
e2. Or I guess a practice squad maybe. One thing tho, he does catch passes so if Sims really is out, I'd call Jacquizz a low-grade startable player in PPR.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 7, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So dynasty conundrum I am having. Last place guy has Forte and Sanders for over 1/3 of his cap space. I have plenty of young, cheap players. The question is, do I try turning those assets into a big play guy now or just wait for someone to develop hopefully midseason.

I have Wentz, Lynch, Diggs, Matthews, Parker, Hill, D. Lewis, Booker, D. Washington, Perkins, Ebron, Z Miller, Hooper who are all tradable to me and would be bench players this season.

I think with Washington getting the start and Lewis being two weeks away, I should probably wait and see if my RB2 spot solves itself, right? Also, want to see what Forte does.

And in a vacuum, what is Sanders worth in these settings? I know he previously offered me Sanders and Forte for A. Robinson, Jordan Matthews and DeAndre Washington, which I laughed off. But would Matthews and a second young piece for Sanders be that crazy?

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Sataere posted:

So dynasty conundrum I am having. Last place guy has Forte and Sanders for over 1/3 of his cap space. I have plenty of young, cheap players. The question is, do I try turning those assets into a big play guy now or just wait for someone to develop hopefully midseason.

I have Wentz, Lynch, Diggs, Matthews, Parker, Hill, D. Lewis, Booker, D. Washington, Perkins, Ebron, Z Miller, Hooper who are all tradable to me and would be bench players this season.

I think with Washington getting the start and Lewis being two weeks away, I should probably wait and see if my RB2 spot solves itself, right? Also, want to see what Forte does.

And in a vacuum, what is Sanders worth in these settings? I know he previously offered me Sanders and Forte for A. Robinson, Jordan Matthews and DeAndre Washington, which I laughed off. But would Matthews and a second young piece for Sanders be that crazy?

You didn't list the settings. Also Lynch?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Felter Chesthard posted:

You didn't list the settings. Also Lynch?

Paxton Lynch. And my bad, 12 man 1ppr.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Cam is out and I'm faced with a choice of these dudes:

Hoyer @ IND
Cousins @ BAL
Derek Anderson v TB
Flacco v WAS
P Lynch v ATL
Bradford v HOU

it just looks like six flavors of the same poo poo but I could use advice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Keith Atherton posted:

Cam is out and I'm faced with a choice of these dudes:

Hoyer @ IND
Cousins @ BAL
Derek Anderson v TB
Flacco v WAS
P Lynch v ATL
Bradford v HOU

it just looks like six flavors of the same poo poo but I could use advice

Hoyer
Flacco/Cousins (pick your poison)
Anderson
Bradford
Lynch

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spoeank posted:

Hoyer
Flacco/Cousins (pick your poison)
Anderson
Bradford
Lynch

Thanks dude. I never thought I would be starting Brian Hoyer but here I am

My first five draft picks were:

1. AJ Green :clint:
2. Dez :smith:
3. Doug Martin :smith:
4. Woodhead :zombie:
5. Cam :smith:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sims is now a monday night gametime decision. Ugh. Also Antonio Gates may play which probably means hunter henry will still get snaps and neither is startable.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Anyone else rolling with Paxton Lynch against Atlanta this week because "gently caress it?"

I know I am!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Keith Atherton posted:

I never thought I would be starting Brian Hoyer but here I am

- Every coach Hoyer has ever played for

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Also Antonio Gates may play which probably means hunter henry will still get snaps and neither is startable.

This is a big problem for me. I have somehow found myself in the situation of owning both Henry and Gates but also have Graham ready to go ROS.

Do I just drop both Gates and Hunter and stream someone this week or start one of them and hope for the best?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Ha, just saw that Rotoworld is jumping aboard the Gillislee train too:

quote:

Mike Gillislee has played 32 snaps in two games under OC Anthony Lynn after playing just seven Weeks 1 and 2 under ex-OC Greg Roman.
According to WGR 550 Buffalo's Sal Capaccio, Gillislee's usage was one of the biggest issues with Roman the first two games of the year. Coaches wanted Gillislee in the game more and for him to get touches. Gillislee piled up 43 total yards on seven touches Week 4 against the Patriots and is one of the top handcuffs in the league as LeSean McCoy's backup in a run-first offense. Oct 5 - 10:18 AM

We were there like a month ago.

Haven't mentioned it in a while so here's my current rankings of the top injury plays in ppr:

- Coleman
- DWill
- Ware
- Powell
- Booker
- Gillislee
- Morris
- Henry

All great upside guys if you like your bye-week starters and have deep enough leagues/benches for pure lottery tickets. Powell/Booker/Gillislee are all really close for me, but we have more data on Powell and he holds some minor independent value so I have him slightly higher.

Since the beginning of the season I have faded: Draughn, Hightower, Kelley, Prosise, Starks, Ervin.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I got offered Stafford and Maclin for Carr and Devante Parker, logic being that I have Brady back. I think I am going to counter and ask for Gore and Maclin for the same duo. 12 team, I am currently 4-0 and he is 1-3.

.5 ppr, + minor bonuses for breaking 100/300yds, and 40+yd plays. Starters:

Brady
Landry, Sanders,
Gordon, Coleman
Reed
J. Brown

Bench: Snead, Carr, Yeldon, Dwayne Washington, Parker.
IR: AP (lol. I picked him and Allen 1&2, RIP)

I think Parker is a WR3 at best, and I have 2-3 of those already. I think Brady will out play or at least break even with Carr going forward, and I don't wanna carry 2 QB, so I am inclined to move one.

His team:
Stafford
Jones, Crabtree
Freeman, Gore
Walker
Deandre Washington

Diggs, Eifert, Z Miller, Maclin, Doug Martin, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I got offered Stafford and Maclin for Carr and Devante Parker, logic being that I have Brady back. I think I am going to counter and ask for Gore and Maclin for the same duo. 12 team, I am currently 4-0 and he is 1-3.

.5 ppr, + minor bonuses for breaking 100/300yds, and 40+yd plays. Starters:

Brady
Landry, Sanders,
Gordon, Coleman
Reed
J. Brown

Bench: Snead, Carr, Yeldon, Dwayne Washington, Parker.
IR: AP (lol. I picked him and Allen 1&2, RIP)

I think Parker is a WR3 at best, and I have 2-3 of those already. I think Brady will out play or at least break even with Carr going forward, and I don't wanna carry 2 QB, so I am inclined to move one.

His team:
Stafford
Jones, Crabtree
Freeman, Gore
Walker
Deandre Washington

Diggs, Eifert, Z Miller, Maclin, Doug Martin, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis

Thoughts?

You can offer, but he'd need to be incredibly stoned to accept. His bench is a graveyard of injured players. He really cannot afford to move Gore and not receive an RB back. You'd probably have better luck trying to get Martin or Foster but I still think he'd have to be crazy. His first offer was pretty fair, downgrade your backup QB for an upgrade at WR. Your counter is borderline laughable.

• Locked thread