Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tenebrais posted:

Fall 2017? What's going to take a year to bring this already-existing comic to print?
Layout, formatting, sample print runs, QC....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Qucumber Cuest

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also already done soooooo~ :shrug:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah I don't get it

On the other hand I already own the books so it doesn't really matter much to me how long it takes to release 'em again

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

one page per page, printed to the margins, a month's work, and you would hope a publisher would do qc mid print runs instead of having problems like the short print runs gigi's been doing

the year is probably for them to shop it around to outlets / let gigi finish the comic

i can see why she signed the deal too, those kickstarters were probably delaying work on the comic pretty heavily, but it was nice to go and see her at the toronto comic arts festival and get self printed signed hardcover copies
:(

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The reason is probably just something boring like 'there's other books ahead in line in the production queue'.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
That's actually really cool for Gigi! I think the important part is that she was self-published before, and with an actual publisher behind her she'll be able to reach a bigger audience. First Second has some cool books in their lineup, mainly American Born Chinese, and apparently they're also publishing the webcomic Demon. I hope this works out for her!

zolthorg posted:

the year is probably for them to shop it around to outlets / let gigi finish the comic

lmao finish the comic. Four(?) years in and we're halfway done, bucko

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
It probably depends on how much work is needed to reformat the pages for the new print version; it's quite possible the formatting of the older print runs doesn't work for whatever the new one is going to be. Just going by what Abbadon talked about having to do for the print edition of K6BD, which was only like 200 pages or so, she may have a lot to deal with considering CC is up to 764 pages at this point. But that's all assuming this new print is going to be different than the ones she's already had made, so who knows.

E:

Poison Mushroom posted:

What he said.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Also already done soooooo~ :shrug:

Maybe she's unhappy with the way the old ones came out, or feels she can do it better. There's a number of reasons it could be, so if someone really wants to know they should ask her.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 7, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

youcallthatatwist posted:

That's actually really cool for Gigi! I think the important part is that she was self-published before, and with an actual publisher behind her she'll be able to reach a bigger audience. First Second has some cool books in their lineup, mainly American Born Chinese, and apparently they're also publishing the webcomic Demon. I hope this works out for her!

lmao finish the comic. Four(?) years in and we're halfway done, bucko

peridot nmn and cordelia are all about to switch sides, we're a bunch of disaster masters in
i foresee like 2 more chapters not 4

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

You guys know you can't just take the print files for one format of printed work and transport them wholesale to a completely different printing house on what will likely be a markedly different format, with different workflow, materials, and likely software, right

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

You guys know you can't just take the print files for one format of printed work and transport them wholesale to a completely different printing house on what will likely be a markedly different format, with different workflow, materials, and likely software, right

Maybe you can't

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Maybe not but if there's precedent I can't see the workflow being that much diffrent.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Not to mention the first law of indie production: Everything takes twice as long as you think you should, including this estimate.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
On that topic;

https://twitter.com/cucumber_quest/status/784211137025888256

I'm in two ways; I sort of like this "To the next beat" sort of release schedule (and I can think of a few comics that would help from being like that) but I can see where it can be a frustration (not to mention a downswing in ad revenue).

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Goons don't know anything about a subject but give their 2 cents anyway, film at 11.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
2 cents more like :10bux: amirite?

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
you forgot the parens!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's been too long since I was actually banned so I forgot what it looks like! :saddowns:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

But now Volume 4 won't match my three volumes of the softcover! :ohdear:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

IUG posted:

But now Volume 4 won't match my three volumes of the softcover! :ohdear:

Well that just means you'll get to buy the first three volumes all over again.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Seriously? First Second (http://firstsecondbooks.com) can skew a little young but they publish a bunch of good stuff.

They put out "This One Summer" for christ's sake.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

fritz posted:

Seriously? First Second (http://firstsecondbooks.com) can skew a little young but they publish a bunch of good stuff.

I dunno what to say here, I Just didn't know them. Sheesh.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fritz posted:

:goonsay:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Children, be wary...

for today's cucumber quest...

is EXTRA SCARY.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-765/

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
2spooky4me :ohdear:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
44, that's got to be imperial units. Not metric.

That loving bastard!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
jaysis fuckin Christo gige couldn't this pant shitter have waited like til Halloween proper

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
No wonder NK sealed this one away.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I've got the feeling that this is a work before we get to the big guns.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 22, 2016

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Maybe this guy's thing is that he takes things very literally? I can see why he must be sealed up if that's the case.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Or he could be the most terrible thing of all, aThe Pun Master. So Geop basically.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Or he could be the most terrible thing of all, aThe Pun Master. So Geop basically.

Neo Turf Master

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RandomPauI posted:

44, that's got to be imperial units. Not metric.

That loving bastard!

They're rabbits. I'd expect them to be 44cm. That's in the ballpark for average length of a rabbit.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

youcallthatatwist posted:

Children, be wary...

for today's cucumber quest...

is EXTRA SCARY.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-765/

:potg:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This CANNOT be suitable for kids.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This new Disaster Master is adorable :3: I think Nightmare Knight might have sealed him (her? Them?) away for his own protection. The real test is this: are you a kind enough dude to not hurt the precious pun master?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Just you wait, Gigi has been loading up on Punmunition for who knows how long now, and she's going to unload them all on our unsuspecting minds.

You think they're adorable now, but they have not even begun to pun. They've only been using half their full punwer. They're actually not left-punded! They're going to pun us into dust!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Another common fear is a fear of spiders.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
holy geez Gigi, but a dang age restriction on these horrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

number one is fear of videos of public speaker
er
i mean