Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Raserys posted:

those were clearly dogs that died in the fire. the great debate begins anew

Pentaro posted:

Legendary beast trio = dogs. We have confirmation.

meh, it was just how WhatsHisFace was imaging it. We all know the 3 beasts were flareon/jolteon/vaporeon before they were rezzed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Those dogs were legendary

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i have achieved nirvana

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I'm glad we can all agree that 4's deviantartesque plot of destroying reality is the worst story.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

so from what i hear lions and tigers are dogs

:hellyeah:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Ka0 posted:

I'm glad we can all agree that 4's deviantartesque plot of destroying reality is the worst story.
Cyrus didn't want to destroy reality, just create a world without spirit and emotion. Granted, it's because he's got daddy issues enough to make Silver blush, but otherwise that plot is fairly peak-anime.

Meanwhile, Archie and Maxie wanted to get rid of all of the land and oceans respectively, and almost immediately regretted their actions.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ka0 posted:

It's 3rd worst.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

strap on revenge posted:

i have achieved nirvana

That's cool. I only have mew & mewtwo star, as well as an ancient shining noctowl

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Is it worth it to trade a Victini for a Xerneas? Unless I'm mistaken one is an event pokemon that is re-released every year or so, while the other is impossible to get unless you specifically buy X.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Kawabata posted:

Is it worth it to trade a Victini for a Xerneas? Unless I'm mistaken one is an event pokemon that is re-released every year or so, while the other is impossible to get unless you specifically buy X.

or until it appears as post-game content in a later gen.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Kawabata posted:

They gave away a Xerneas or two. A shiny one at least earlier this year I think. All depends on whether you feel comfortable doing it. I'd say the Victini is probably more valuable...at least when it comes to rarity. I think it's only been released twice.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Kawabata posted:

Anyone with a copy of X, the Bank, and enough time on their hands can make an arbitrary number of Xerneas.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I feel like event pokemon are pretty rare

but if you're like me and ended up with 5 Victinis you should feel okay with trading them away for something you need to fill or dex or want more

edit: it is pretty lovely that you can't put up event pokemon up for other event pokemon on GTS...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kawabata posted:

No way. Just find someone with a Xerneas that has more reasonable demands.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

jarbv posted:

so from what i hear lions and tigers are dogs

:hellyeah:

But is a lion-dog a dog?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

that ivy guy posted:

That's cool. I only have mew & mewtwo star, as well as an ancient shining noctowl

let me know if you want to sell the mew :shepspends:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Was that a slow piano version of the beasts' battle theme at the end of Generations Ep 6? Sounded nice.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

jarbv posted:

edit: it is pretty lovely that you can't put up event pokemon up for other event pokemon on GTS...

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

jarbv posted:

SHINY PLEAASE

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Was that a slow piano version of the beasts' battle theme at the end of Generations Ep 6? Sounded nice.

Yes, it was.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

jarbv posted:

I feel like event pokemon are pretty rare

but if you're like me and ended up with 5 Victinis you should feel okay with trading them away for something you need to fill or dex or want more

I've never had a Victini. I have all the other 5th gen event Pokemon, and now I have a Darkrai and Hoopa, but never a Victini.

missing event Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Diancie, Volcanion

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF THESE FUCKERS?!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Poor kitty.

By the way, I love bipedal Heel-Kitty.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 9, 2016

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

People seem to be desperate for a quadrupedal starter, nevermind the fact that most quadruped Pokémon tend to have awful movepools when compared to their biped brethren.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Four legs good, two legs bad.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zuzie posted:

most quadruped Pokémon tend to have awful movepools when compared to their biped brethren.

thats a weird statement to make and also a thing that I've never considered in my life

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

Four legs good, two legs bad.

two legs and a tailfin best

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ruggington posted:

thats a weird statement to make and also a thing that I've never considered in my life

Its also not really true outside of like, the elemental punches vs. the elemental fangs on some physical pokemon.

Typhlosian has a more garbage movepool than Entei. Salamence has a better movepool than Garchomp (Dragon Dance)...

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i hope the cat grows up to be a two-legged wrestler that puts small animals through tables

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Yeah, I should have mentioned that it applies more to physical based Pokémon since there are plenty of moves that involve using arms.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

i hope the cat grows up to be a two-legged wrestler that puts small animals through tables

I also want to grow up to be a two-legged cat that puts small wrestlers through tables

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ruggington posted:

I also want to grow up to be a two-legged cat that puts small wrestlers through tables

whoa....

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I want a Pokemon with three legs, just to mess with people who care about how many legs a Pokemon has.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Spatula City posted:

missing event Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Diancie, Volcanion

I guess it would be a bad time to mention that most of these were available over the past several months? :ohdear:

On the plus side, Volcanion comes out in two days, Keldeo is on Mystery Gift now, and you can also get a Meloetta and Genesect in the upcoming months. The latter three you could probably trade for some of those.

Also, if you're willing to get ORAS, you can catch Deoxys in-game.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

AlphaKretin posted:

I want a Pokemon with three legs, just to mess with people who care about how many legs a Pokemon has.

I always wanted a motorcycle Pokémon but people tend to bitch about Pokémon that look like inanimate objects.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zuzie posted:

I always wanted a motorcycle Pokémon but people tend to bitch about Pokémon that look like inanimate objects.

Those people can go piss up a rope. Inanimate object pokemon are good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zuzie posted:

I will never get the argument that a living ice cream Pokemon is uninspired, but a Normal/Flying bird is creative.

But I'm sure we've heard that back and forth a million times already, so instead I'll just complain about how there are no good screenshots of Goldenrod City from today's episode of Generations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I will never get the argument that a living ice cream Pokemon is uninspired, but

In the exact same region, area, gym is a living "snowflake" that comes out more like a featureless hexagon, and the ice type people bitch about is an adorable soft serve. Honestly. :shrug:

But seriously how often do you remember that Cryogonal even exists?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
People are just assuming that when Torracat stands up it's going to grow a fighting type and be another fire/fighting, despite looking fire/dark as all hell.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cryogonal rules, i love the weird snowflake pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Cyrogonal has the stats to be a decent defensive special attacker.

Too bad it's an Ice type! :bang: