Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Can Donald Trump be a candidate every year?

It's really only gotten better every election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784547263687364609

Mother fucker clicking red slippers together now

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-Y3HJNU_s&t=61s

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Circumcised
Intelligence
Benghazi

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Says a white male

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

His Twitter stream is amazing. Crowbarring the Bible in a mansplaining of Trumps admitted sexual assaults, that's something different.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

You know when you're a kid and you eat a whole bag of Halloween candy in a night?

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

McAlister posted:

Yep. Nobody would care that it isn't super high class - the image of a haughty aristocrat wearing a monocle would be all over the net with snarky text. Argue that it's a popular senator hangout and you damage his outsider cred. It's not fair you say? I'm a Clinton fan, don't talk to me about "fair".

I started the primary in 2015 naively believing that I could make the case for Clinton on her merits. People - including this forum - quickly disabused me of this notion. Ignore McAllister, they're just a gimmick poster. Nobody actually likes shillary KKKlinton. Also, did you know you can call a woman in politics a whore if you use "corporate" as a prefix? It's true!

I discovered that the only way to get people to even listen to accounts of her accomplishments and upsides required first getting them to appraise Bernie with their heads instead of their emotions. Why even consider anyone else, after all, when you have a completely perfect candidate with no flaws of any kind already? Once you had them saying, "ok Berne isn't perfect, but I think his pros outweigh his cons" only then could you have an actual policy based discussion where Hillary's upsides are even acknowledged as existing. And those are the discussions where Hillary kicks butt.

So yes. I have spent the last year doing opposition research on Bernie. You all didn't give me any choice. I have approaches tailored to a wide variety of people with a wide variety of stances.

And here is the thing. When you push someone as perfect it's very easy for research to lower people's opinions of them because any flaw at all shows the claims of perfection to be a lie. Meanwhile when someone is claimed to be the devil made flesh with endless slander research makes you like them more because the truth is so much better than common knowledge. So of course over the last year my enthusiasm for Clinton has been going up up up while my opinion of Sanders has taken a beating. At the beginning I credited him with having a good heart just low social intelligence making him an ineffective vehicle for translating good intentions into policy. Also with a penchant for letting perfect be the enemy of good. Both great people but Clinton is the one who can change the world for the better, even against a GOP held house. I don't believe that about him anymore. I've learned to much about him.

And I absolutely will drop random bombs from my opposition research in response to arguments that we should have nominated Bernie. I want to do it every time some jackass concern troll spouts off about Hillary being a "uniquely bad candidate" but I hold back ... right up until someone actively starts claiming that Bernie would be better. That's where I run out of patience.

For example, this video gives you a window into the timeline where we threw Bernie into the debate against Trump instead of Hillary. In that timeline they also have "stop! He's already dead!" memes ... They just aren't about Trump.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/18/watch_frustrated_bernie_sanders_walks_out_on_hostile_tv_news_interview/

Jesus Christ you people are the sorest winners I've ever loving seen.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Yeah, my Facebook feed is just throwing out every Clinton conspiracy to try to soon away from this.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy oppo dump Batman

https://twitter.com/pacholiejb/status/784534648617566208

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

"gently caress it, we'll do it live" is more satisfying to say than YOLO.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
You know, I didn'tt hink it could get worse

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

What's the gently caress is this world

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Maybe WaPo's doing this as revenge for him banning them from his rallies

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DON'T. EVEN. loving. JOKE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784548483441238016

The pious are the enemy

The pious are the enemy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

What's the gently caress is this world

I hope not the bad one where this all happens and he still wins because we're in a comic book satire from the 90s.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

This is just a recap of the story from earlier this week though? Along with a Young Turks video.

Also, whoever wrote that article mixed up the WaPo and the WSJ.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

He's not wrong.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784549064557854720

last one I swear

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

jesus christ.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't understand these people. Empathy is important, but I can't understand these people.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

JUST START CALLING YOURSELVES MAMMONITES.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Bill Mitchell is going to hang himself by the end of the year and nothing of value will be lost.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't understand these people. Empathy is important, but I can't understand these people.

This guy cannot be real.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This is the craziest month in politics.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Is this a reliable source?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Covok posted:

This is a good advent calendar.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Remember how two weeks ago there was a point the election was 51/49 on 538

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Covok posted:

I'm surprised that a reporter claiming Trump called her a oval office hasn't gotten more attention.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Has Jameis Winston chimed in on "grab them by the pussy" vs "gently caress her right in the pussy" yet?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It looks like Bill Mitchell needs a safe space.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember how two weeks ago there was a point the election was 51/49 on 538

We'll be back there once Hillary gets cocky (clitty?) and reveals her true reptilian form too early.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Someone mentioned TYT so I thought it prudent to mention that they can go gently caress themselves. Smug liberal commentors are the loving worst. Then Bernie happened and TYT decided to self-immolate.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'm surprised that that reporter claiming Trump called her a oval office hasn't gotten more attention.

How much attention exists to go around?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Every newspaper can print "GRAB THEM BY THE PUSSY" tomorrow and if anyone is offended welp it's coming from one of the two people who can become president

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/784544776641253376

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So, not sure if this is the right place, but would anyone here have any suggestion of news sites to subscribe to? I've mostly just gotten by with Google and YouTube but you get "blocked" after reading one or two articles on the major sites it seems.

I would think the NYTimes is worth it but I figure I'd ask for recommendations. I don't have a ton of money to throw around.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
There's, like, no chance this stops, is there. Like we're going to get bombshells like this, but even worse, up until the election, aren't we.

Like on november 6th we're going to see footage of him at a neo-nazi rally, praising hitler and promising to destroy the united states.

• Locked thread