Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Reminder: Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

So was this Clinton's defense for Bill's infidelity? Because drat that's one hell of a defense.

The best defense is a good offense.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/784544054767915008

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

remusclaw posted:

I wonder many Trump supporters have lost girlfriend's and SO's to having to explain how they could still support him?

I am looking forward to Sunday more than any PPV I have ever anticipated.

The thing that makes me feel best about any chance of a Bradly effect for Trump is there must be a ton of households where a wife/girlfriend claims to support Trump until they step in the ballot box because they're sick of having that argument anymore.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Paul Ryan is gonna need a welfare check

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/784538768116244480

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

*kisses fingers* Manifique

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

I personally get the NYTImes Evening briefing emails, which are a decent collection of headlines/paragraph summaries. You still have to pay to read the articles, but as a snapshot of the news daily it works wonders.

axeil posted:

incognito mode will let you read any paywalled WaPo or NYTimes articles.

Static Equilibrium posted:

Try reading articles in private/incognito mode.

Thanks everyone. I'll probably just use this Private thing, never even thought of that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784549396440637440

:psyduck:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Necc0 posted:

Degenerate gambling update: Trump's comments have caused the largest one-day swing I've ever seen in the USPREZ market: https://www.predictit.org/Market/1234/Who-will-win-the-2016-US-presidential-election

I knew that buying big on Hillary two weeks ago when they were tied in polls was a good move.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Greatbacon posted:

And unlike the heroes of the Bible, who are often common folks who come from the gutter and are given an opportunity to prove and redeem themselves in spite of their past, he is instead a product of the power structure who has grown up and covets the existing structure.

Donald Drumpf ain't Moses, he's the Pharoh's son.

This is true. I didn't really think of it that way because, even though it doesn't happen much, the rich can redeem themselves.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Whelp I guess Kasich is the 2020 candidate? He's pretty much the only prominent Republican who's gonna get through this untainted I think.

They better cancel the primary so the deplorables don't make it Milo or Trump Jr or something.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think it's great that in their minds I'm going to hell for apostasy but Trump is destined for great things because he likes to sexually assault women.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm curious when we're going to get a "The 19th Amendment was a mistake" or promise to repeal the 19th Amendment.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the meek shall inherit the earth, motherfucker.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Now Bill Mitchell is desperately wanting wikileaks to be a thing through sheer force of will

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784555361919434752

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/AC360/status/784549495765893121

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Whelp I guess Kasich is the 2020 candidate? He's pretty much the only prominent Republican who's gonna get through this untainted I think.

They better cancel the primary so the deplorables don't make it Milo or Trump Jr or something.

Kaisich won't survive a GOP primary.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Man's loving delusional.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Argh DEFCON 5 is the least serious one. Get your poo poo right.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

I'm no biblical scholar but I don't remember the passage that read as

And the LORD said,
"Grab her by the pussy"

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How does it just keep getting worse? For each terrible thing he says during this campaign a worse thing is already lined up. Is there no line where the Republicans will say "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" and pull their support? I don't expect his surrogates or his voters to ever do that, but they have less at stake.

Despite the typical short memory of human beings I don't think this will completely go away even if Trump gets flattened in the election. Every Republican at every level should be running from Trump as quickly and loudly as possible.

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006

Um I think Dana has the DEFCON numbers reversed.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Live footage of Reince Priebus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vp--AlWBrU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Endorph posted:

quote this post if you're a cia operative

Actually I'm just a super intelligent AI that works for the cia.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

yeah this poo poo bugs me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dick Trauma posted:

How does it just keep getting worse? For each terrible thing he says during this campaign a worse thing is already lined up. Is there no line where the Republicans will say "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" and pull their support? I don't expect his surrogates or his voters to ever do that, but they have less at stake.

Despite the typical short memory of human beings I don't think this will completely go away even if Trump gets flattened in the election. Every Republican at every level should be running from Trump as quickly and loudly as possible.
They don't give a hot gay gently caress. They'd hail Satan and sacrifice their own children if it meant they got to replace Scalia and put two more right-wingers on SCOTUS.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Now Bill Mitchell is desperately wanting wikileaks to be a thing through sheer force of will

Here's what I don't get...isn't Bill Mitchell Australian? What is this guys fixation on Trump

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The constant and transparent projection by Trump and his supporters will never stop being amazing.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well she did say it would be an understatement

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Can we stop posting insane Twitter people posts? It's like this thread is the crazy poo poo Bill Mitchell says thread.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
This is all according to Trump's plan. Women must now recuse themselves from the election due to their bias against him.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

2016, the year the Religious Right revealed themselves for craven idol worshipers. All hail the Golden rear end.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Alucardd posted:

Um I think Dana has the DEFCON numbers reversed.

In this instance doesn't the error really just render her tweet more correct though?

Paul Ryan still has the sexual assault bill tweet up at the top of his twitter feed :allears:

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 8, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Has the soap star he talked about maybe kissing said anything about this yet?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

axeil posted:

Can we stop posting insane Twitter people posts? It's like this thread is the crazy poo poo Bill Mitchell says thread.

Its really hard to stop

Its like tiny crazy white potato chips

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Kaisich won't survive a GOP primary.

Who will be around to challenge him? Tom Cotton? Gowdy? Cotton's a child and Gowdy's career highlights are just him getting dunked on by clinton. There's no one left. There's no rising stars. Do Rick Perry and Scott Walker give it another miserable shot?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

axeil posted:

Insane tweets are the main form of communication for the GOP candidate.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I think it's important the remember that Trump made these comments many years ago.

When he was 60 years old.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Casimir Radon posted:

I think it's great that in their minds I'm going to hell for apostasy but Trump is destined for great things because he likes to sexually assault women.

to be fair the bible was mega-ok with sexually assaulting women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

lozzle posted:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784549013404213248

I feel like this guy has never actually read the Bible.

Wait that describes all conservatives.

He's right that Pharisees were shown in a negative way in the Bible.

He's just too stupid to realize that the religious right embraces the same things that made the Pharisees bad.

• Locked thread