Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

GunnerJ posted:

Time for a "Weilder of Names" without Mottom blog imo.

For a moment I really considered this, but having done enough Minus Garfield spoofs it really only works on comics with lovely boring backgrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo I think they ARE going to the apartment.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

The dog is sitting in Mottomfield's spot, so Mottomfield uses the Red-White Art to PERISH her into a lump of writhing worms and kicks them off the table.

"This is my spot, Dog-Agog," she says.

Sorry for the interruption, but in the continuing comic the part of Zoss will be played by John Arbuckle.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Grognan posted:

Holy poo poo I think they ARE going to the apartment.

That would be so wonderful :allears:

It's honestly a good way to bring the drama down a little bit after this 'OH poo poo gently caress poo poo poo poo poo poo' chapter. Give Allison a chance to calm down and try to deal with her weird angel and demon friends and introduce her soon to be conquered Earth.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

[re: the second image in the previous post]

First things first: check out this sweet image Abaddon posted.

Secondly, I just realized the juxtaposition between White Chain who is suffering from no small amount of grief for being female in defiance of Angel society versus Princess (and maybe also Cio Cio??) who got drunk and woke up the opposite sex yet seems to be trucking along just fine.

Well, Princess Esquire has probably already been female once before since devils seems to have to shed names to get to black, and all blue devils seem to be female. In fact, I'd say that until we see a male blue devil, it's safe to say that every devil has had a turn at being female even if we currently see them as male.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A.o.D. posted:

Well, Princess Esquire has probably already been female once before since devils seems to have to shed names to get to black, and all blue devils seem to be female. In fact, I'd say that until we see a male blue devil, it's safe to say that every devil has had a turn at being female even if we currently see them as male.

Excluding maybe the white/pale devils, since those are the "first" form and are male... Ish? Maybe? I dunno.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Roland Jones posted:

Excluding maybe the white/pale devils, since those are the "first" form and are male... Ish? Maybe? I dunno.

I thought that blues were the first, but that pales were somehow weaker?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

A.o.D. posted:

I thought that blues were the first, but that pales were somehow weaker?

No, it's pale, then blue. And I think I remember a lorecard which said that the majority of blue devils were female, but not all of them were.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Poltergrift posted:

No, it's pale, then blue. And I think I remember a lorecard which said that the majority of blue devils were female, but not all of them were.

Likewise, I think it said somewhere that most ebon devils where blue, but when we saw Cio Cio (or the demon who became Cio Cio) as an ebon demon, she was female.

Still, I just like what this says about the contrast between the species where angels are all gungho about being all male all the time, where devils can just wake up with a hang over and also their dickis missing and they have tits now.

You know, that's just how it happens.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Angels aren't trying to be male all the time, they're into not having a gender altogether.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Angels aren't trying to be male all the time, they're into not having a gender altogether.

They refer to each other as "brother" all the time so there is a bit of a tilt there.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Male angel privilege.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
They're into not having a gender but especially not being ladies.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The qualities they like to think of themselves as having are gendered as masculine by other people, and they like to think that those other people's opinions don't affect them.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Oxxidation posted:

They refer to each other as "brother" all the time so there is a bit of a tilt there.

K6BD Angels are basically white libertarians smugly declaring that they don't like, SEE, race man :smugdog:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The Whitest Flames U'Know

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Now I don't remember if Number 1 was a male blue devil or not so I can only imagine their voice as that Patty/Selma "diner waitress who smokes two packs a day" style, which this page supports

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Schwarzwald posted:

Likewise, I think it said somewhere that most ebon devils where blue, but when we saw Cio Cio (or the demon who became Cio Cio) as an ebon demon, she was female.

When did that happen? I genuinely cannot remember.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Sin of Onan posted:

When did that happen? I genuinely cannot remember.

It was a one panel flashback here, but who can tell gender from that tiny shot. It's obviously Cio in better days though, the horns match up perfectly. I have a feeling that's Cio's whole arc; she can't do stuff with pure power anymore, but raw might is just one measure of strength.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 8, 2016

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Mottom and Cio both spellcast the same way, with words and the red string connecting them . Have we seen anyone else invoke power that way in the comic? Is it a demiurge thing?

Cio
Mottom

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Benson Cunningham posted:

Mottom and Cio both spellcast the same way, with words and the red string connecting them . Have we seen anyone else invoke power that way in the comic? Is it a demiurge thing?

Cio
Mottom

Cio uses the Red Art, but Mottom uses the Red, White, and Black Arts, all at once. She's on an entirely different level than Cio's paper tricks.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wiegieman posted:

Cio uses the Red Art, but Mottom uses the Red, White, and Black Arts, all at once. She's on an entirely different level than Cio's paper tricks.

So presumably Red Art gives us words bound together with red string, black art gives us the black speech bubble background, and white gives us the big bold glowing white letters. And Mottom's PERI- there shows all three.

wiegieman posted:

It was a one panel flashback here, but who can tell gender from that tiny shot.

Is she humanoid with her hips as the lighter coloured region at the bottom below the key? If so, she does look pretty feminine-hourglass there.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 8, 2016

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

wiegieman posted:

I think it's just the Red-White Art, actually; I can't give an exact quote, but I think Abaddon has posted answers about the Black Art which imply that it's being saved for something much bigger than gibbing Gog-Agog or inflicting a Twilight Zone ending on Pryan Sor.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
from what i understand the black art is something that theoretically exists and may be possible but nobody knows for sure

if somebody's done it, they've kept mum

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
We haven't seen much of Princess (and every shot of her looks either terrified or grumpy as hell), but Cio seems to very happily identify as a girl (who likes girls). Her ebon devil form is certainly way more feminine than Vladok's.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Technically, there's also this page.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This is incredibly reminiscent of one of the final panels in the MSPA style version of K6BD that predated the webcomic.

I'm actually shocked by how similar it is, since outside of Allison herself and some thematic and artistic beats, the previous vision of the story was very different. But this is almost a dead on.

Look forward to seeing Cio Cio's ex in drag in the next few pages, I guess.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I really, really hope that somehow we end up with a Sailor Moon poster up in Allison's cabin, if that is her cabin.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is Cio wearing lipstick now?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
RE: sailor chat

they're on a ship so it makes sense for them to be sailors.

Regrads,
bye.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

When your crew shows up ready to hit the club but you've just been stabbed a dozen times in every limb by one of the lords of creation.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Probably feeling like poo poo but definitely not bleeding to death.

Man, who leaves used teabags just lying around like that?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Very harsh aliasing on that "ah!".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Her key is markedly not-glowy.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Huh. I'm gonna guess we're at Cio's pad. I gotta admit, I expected a lot more anime posters.

e: or we might still be at the airship. I maintain my previous statement.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Her biggest mistake was not bringing a bunch of back up tank tops with her. Then again, using the Key of the Gods to go clothes shopping with an angel and 1-2 trans demons is something I would read without complaint.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I've been wondering if Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jacck Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire is now the party's official legal counsellor

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Why do the two devils look so pissed off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

GunnerJ posted:

Why do the two devils look so pissed off?

The protagonist (the woman on the bed) really messed their plans up. She scarpered off while the taller one was talking so that she could invade an evil queen's castle. The shorter one used to be very powerful, until the protagonist turned them into a small imp.