Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

This is the only Norm apparel you need

http://shirts.jayarrcustoms.com/product/adam-egret-sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I want a shirt with the avatar of user mankin orc or something

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Bobby lee filmed an episode. Meh

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I bet it will be wild, though. Merchant episode was hard to watch but in a good way. Hader episode was fantastic.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Incredibly low standards itt

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
If you don't think the Hader episode is good I really don't think you get what Norm is going for with a talk show. Snyder vibe.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Bill Hader can be funny. Bobby Lee has never made me laugh, except when he appeared in that video mocking Mecia for being a joke thief.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
The guests don't matter.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well hey at least Bobby and Adam Eget have something in common they can talk about. Sucking dick for candy.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

rear end Catchcum posted:

The guests don't matter.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
But he's Asian and he's got a little dick. That's funny, right?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

He's not that bad..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdRmhcC_H0

Also Norm is on Conan tonight.

blunt fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 5, 2016

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I actually listen to his podcast each week, I just think his standup and acting is terrible and wouldn't jibe well with Norm. But what do I know?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

blunt posted:

Also Norm is on Conan tonight.

Oh hell yes. It's Christmas in October.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

he was good on colin quinn's youtube thing. i'm 47 years old

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9yYMn30hMI

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I have never been a Bobby Lee fan but the second I heard him on O&A with Patrice O'Neal I fell in love with the fucker. Hearing about him making GBS threads in the desk of a Mad TV executive and his interactions with Danny Pudi are fantastic.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

rear end Catchcum posted:

I bet it will be wild, though. Merchant episode was hard to watch but in a good way. Hader episode was fantastic.

Merchant was good when he started making GBS threads on the show. The Hader one took a while to get good. I don't find Hader that funny.

But then I'm not watching it for the guests :shobon:

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Bobby Lee has a lot of hosed-up stories and seemingly no compunction about sharing them soooo yeah can't really think of a downside to this Norm guest, on the Norm show, where the guests don't matter and neither does Adam Eget, known rapist.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I died when Norm started into his Trump story and Conan stopped him and did an impression of Norm's jokes.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
an excerpt from norm's new book

quote:

I’m finally home in Los Angeles and I’m at the very back table of The World Famous Comedy Store. I sit alone, surrounded by black. That’s what I like about this place. The walls are black and the floors are black and the tables are black, and that suits me just fine. Everybody looks pretty much the same in the black. On my table sits a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and there is a glass beside it. The glass is bone-dry— just there for appearance. The bottle is half full. There’s a guy up onstage and I think he’s saying some pretty important things, because people are clapping a lot and shaking their heads sadly.

“Why don’t you do a set?” says Adam Eget.

“Nobody wants to see me do a set.”

“Sure they do. They love you! They’ll get a big kick out of it.”

Adam Eget is the manager of The World Famous Comedy Store. As always, he has a lit cigarette stuck to his bottom lip, he shifts his eyes from side to side, and he looks like he wants to be anywhere other than here, all of which conspire to give him the look of a getaway-car driver. And he doesn’t know it yet, but soon he’ll be just that.

Adam Eget always wears a suit, the kind of suit a poor man thinks a rich man wears. He’s a man who acts like a bigshot but he knows I know what he is. He was a smallfry when I met him and he’s a smallfry now. I’ve known him for a right smart spell, since my days at SNL in New York City, New York. That’s where I found him, making a living underneath the Queensboro Bridge, jerking off punks for fifteen dollars a man. He said he was eighteen at the time, and he looked considerably younger, but he had a car so I made him my assistant. I figured I’d let him work at 30 Rockefeller Center, where his job was to do whatever it was I said— to make all my wishes real. He was good at it. Some men are just born to do other men’s bidding, and Adam Eget is such a man. It’s a gift that pocketed him plenty in the shadow of the bridge. And he can wear his big man’s suit and order around waitresses and busboys all he wants, but it doesn’t impress me one bit. Like I said before, I know what he is and he knows that I know it.

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways
not the most recent Conan segment, but the best one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWDNIgM2pA

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Law Cheetah posted:

an excerpt from norm's new book

lol

Lemon
May 22, 2003

They've gotten right back into the old swing of the podcast by having no kind of release schedule whatsoever, I dig it

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

New norm on Conan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7K-kaelQEs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ncwcc7Dag

There's a few more clips on teamcoco.com that they didn't put on Youtube.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

poo poo I have to buy his book

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

tumor looking batty posted:

poo poo I have to buy his audio book

Fixed that for you.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
The dangerfield jokes lol.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 7, 2016

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

tumor looking batty posted:

poo poo I have to buy his book

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
in the shadow of the bridge

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
That's modern medicine for ya!

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016
Awesome interview with Norm over at Nerdist

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm sad to see the podcast already fallen o the wayside but at least he's been getting press because of the book.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

This is really an amazing interview, I thought Nerdist was some video game site, but this guy has very good chemistry with Norm

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Yeah great interview. Somewhere, I heard, is a 25gb file with lots of rare norm interview and clips including a pilot he did in 2005 called Back to Norm.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

There was a small piece on Norm in last week's New Yorker. Here it is if you're not an erudite man of letters like myself:

Norm Macdonald, the comedian and former “Saturday Night Live” cast member, who lives in Los Angeles, recently visited New York. One morning, he was drinking coffee at a table in Bryant Park, wearing a red polo shirt from the Shadow Creek golf course, in Las Vegas. He had just made an appearance on “Fox & Friends,” where he talked about his new and largely fictional memoir, “Based on a True Story,” and about the breakup of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. He then walked through Times Square, reflecting on his anxiety that, having now read half of the first volume of “In Search of Lost Time,” he might have chosen the wrong translation. A section of Forty-second Street was closed, because of a bomb scare, and the atmosphere in Champs Sports, at the edge of the cordoned area, was not restful. Macdonald left without buying anything; he wondered if Champs was the smallest sports store in the world.

In the park, Macdonald considered two plans: one was to rent an apartment in New York for a few months next spring; the other was to go to college. “I always wanted to be educated, and always envied educated people,” he said. He prefers long-dead authors, but said that his son, who is twenty-three, and who has published poetry and short stories, had recently persuaded him to try Raymond Carver. “And Carver really reminded me of Chekhov, whose work I love,” he said. Macdonald had tickets for a matinée preview of “The Cherry Orchard” that afternoon; this was only the third or fourth time he’d been to the theatre.

The operator of the Bryant Park carousel began to remove overnight covers that protect the horses. Macdonald, who is fifty-six, and whose performances have a sort of sunny nihilism, talked about Chekhov’s stories. “I like the endings where nothing happens. And I like bleakness, because I grew up in a bleak area,” he said. (In Quebec, then Ontario.) “There is one story about a guy who’s on a boat, who’s dying, on this long, long trip. And everyone’s taunting him, about dying, you know: ‘You’re going to be dead soon.’ ” Macdonald laughed. “So, anyways, the guy dies, and then Chekhov continues the story. They put him in a kind of duffelbag, a sack, and throw him overboard. He sinks in the ocean, his dead body. And one fish grazes against him, rips the sack, and his body tumbles out, and a bunch of minnows come and eat little bits of him. And a big fish comes and takes away his legs, and that’s the end.” (Some of these details are not in the original.) “You sort of go, ‘What? It’s still going on? The guy’s dead. He’s still asked to endure these indignities!’ It’s a really cruel ending, and I like that.”

Macdonald jerked his head to one side. “That bird almost hit me in the face, like Fabio on the roller coaster,” he said.

Macdonald, who includes imaginary fistfights in his memoir, and in his comedy, said that there was “a kind of joy” in the real thing. “If you punch a guy, and it doesn’t hurt your fist or anything, and he just falls—I don’t know, but it’s fun,” he said. “One time I was in a fight—I was nineteen or twenty—and the guy was short, but he was strong, and he kept hitting me and hitting me. So I got in closer and embraced him, and I pushed down, and his head hit the cement. I picked him up, and then the head hit the cement again. And then the terrible terrible part was: I picked him up again, and he was limp, and I hit him against the cement. Which, at that point, I guess, was . . . murder, attempted murder, or something. So I just went home, and I was so scared. I was thinking, God, I hope he didn’t die, I hope he’s O.K.” Macdonald was laughing. “And he was O.K. We were both having sex with a girl who was married to another guy. So we were both bad.”

He walked back to his hotel; in the lobby, he read a text message on his phone. “loving Louis C.K.,” he said, half-seriously. “He always wants to meet and then he’s, ‘Nope, can’t do it.’ ” C.K., a friend, was asking if they could change a plan, and meet that afternoon, at a time when Macdonald would be seeing “The Cherry Orchard.” “How do I lie my way out of this?” Macdonald asked, putting the phone back in his pocket. A moment later: “The truth! I never considered the truth.”

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The audio book is excellent. I feel it will become my go-to source of Adam Eget comedy for years to come.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Norm's interview on Larry King Now was really thoughtful and intimate.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I listened to a section of norms AudioBook, I think this book should be considered a modern american folk tale classic. Norm is an incredible storyteller with an unbelievably charming Folksy style that meshes truth and pure comedic fantasy, superb, it's not an accurate memoir by any stretch but it might as well be. super loving funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
So the podcast is probably going to Netflix for sure now with Seinfeld and Letterman coming on. I still think his first episode with super Dave is my favorite thing anyone has ever made.

• Locked thread