Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/VanderLCS/status/784581587635765249

e: holy god what is this AHQ comp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Parallel Playa posted:

Ryze is probably the worst champ to give first blood to that early. If he hadn't had a tear at 3 minutes he wouldn't have been able to push nearly as easily - he was actually almost oom right before he got the kill

malzahar doesn't have the CD, mana, or ap to keep the lane shoved during laning

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

meiko hasn't been good on nami and i don't know why they keep picking it

Why does anyone? Janna would be pretty easily better.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

What the gently caress is the drunk guy in the audience hollering about? Someone sucks?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

malzahar doesn't have the CD, mana, or ap to keep the lane shoved during laning

I know, but it wouldn't have had to be under his turret 24/7 either. He couldve held it in front of his turret if ryze hadn't been allowed a level advantage and to start scaling at 3 minutes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can chain CC pretty well with Nami/Malz/Elise theoretically, but lmao at landing a Nami bubble otherwise into Cait/Karma

Parallel Playa posted:

I know, but it wouldn't have had to be under his turret 24/7 either. He couldve held it in front of his turret if ryze hadn't been allowed a level advantage and to start scaling at 3 minutes

i am pretty sure everyone shoves malz under turret 24/7

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I guess we disagree there. I'm not saying he has amazing lane pressure, don't get me wrong, but it really isn't hard to not be under your turret for the first 10 minutes in any (meta) midlane matchup. Even malz

e: I should probably specify on any mana-based midlane champ

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

apparently the internet is blaming Mouse for EDGs problems, which is an interesting interpretation of what went on that game. they certainly ended up drafting him into a horrible losing lane, and a better player would have salvaged more, but i'm not sure all of the best individual players at their positions would have won with that comp

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
rofl @ riv, suggesting a jayce TPs to his turret for 6 minions at 15 minutes

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
AyHaichKyu

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

AHQ somehow going to win this game with this clowncar comp

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Jinx is good, and should be played more

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

should've picked fiora

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Poor Yang looks awfully depressed. Just sat in a lane farming for 40 minutes, got a single assist once, and then watched his team lose the game.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm still trying to figure out how ahq was planning on winning that game if intz hadn't handed them the baron at 24 minutes

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Parallel Playa posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how ahq was planning on winning that game if intz hadn't handed them the baron at 24 minutes
jinx

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016
Revolta was key in INTZ's only win and even on Lee Sin again it feels like he had no real game pressure, and spent too much time wandering around the jungle looking like he didn't know what he actually wanted to do.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They won more-or-less off the back of Bard ult picks with Liss followup.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Vermain posted:

They won more-or-less off the back of Bard ult picks with Liss followup.

Yeah, but they really shouldn't have been able to

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Work Friend Keven posted:

Run practice, set schedules, design team comps, design vision patterns, help with jungle starts etc. Just everything a coach does in real sports when they're not yelling on a sideline during a game.

Would be kind of interesting for each team to have 6 people, one without a champ but vision and shotcalling.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wait are H2K going to finish this group tied with EDG

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

Wait are H2K going to finish this group tied with EDG

Yes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I predicted H2K to get out but after not seeing any of the games today I didn't expect them to potentially come out first. World's is kinda wild this year

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Iceborn Gauntlet Ezreal dies to someone loving running at him with Ghost. Stop building Iceborn Gauntlet!!! gently caress!!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Vermain posted:

Iceborn Gauntlet Ezreal dies to someone loving running at him with Ghost. Stop building Iceborn Gauntlet!!! gently caress!!!
You can't even slow an ulting Olaf but yeah

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ultimate Fast Olaf is my new favorite build

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

Ultimate Fast Olaf is my new favorite build

The sound of a hundred thousand league fans remembering that righteous glory exists.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey if you built try force into AD you could blast the olaf in the face for 700 with a Q and reject god

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So how did H2K win the EDG match? By camping the poo poo of Mouse while Clearlove was scratching his balls in the bottom tribrush, I assume?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
EDG decided not to win.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

EDG decided not to win.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

So how did H2K win the EDG match? By camping the poo poo of Mouse while Clearlove was scratching his balls in the bottom tribrush, I assume?

EDG had one of those comps that could, in theory, maybe do enough damage to a champion to kill them

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Haha, looks like my favorite team was loving around all this time..*intz loses a 5th game in a row* wait

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Mouse's stats from Week 1 are incredibly hilarious. Mmm that fat 297 DPM and 1.82 KDA, WATCHOUT!

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Playing your scrim bros 3 times in group is rough.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
I'm not saying I know more than a professional Chinese league coach but I feel like Rek'sai, Aurelion Sol, Alistair in any combination would've been much better picks than Nami and Poppy.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kaidyn posted:

I'm not saying I know more than a professional Chinese league coach but I feel like Rek'sai, Aurelion Sol, Alistair in any combination would've been much better picks than Nami and Poppy.

Mouse is going to get slaughtered by TF ganks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Has Pawn played all the games today or did Scout play earlier?

e: oh poo poo they gave westdoor TF, why?

e2: EDG is a better team and they may win because deft or pawn goes crazy but their comp sucks

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
Is the jayce ban really better than twisted fate? apparently it's westdoor's signature champ, but maybe edg baited it? makes the fog of war stream potentially awesome in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Has Pawn played all the games today or did Scout play earlier?

e: oh poo poo they gave westdoor TF, why?

e2: EDG is a better team and they may win because deft or pawn goes crazy but their comp sucks
Also AHQ banned Karma because :confused:

Such a mystifying p/b there. I half wish they could just take a qualifying slot away from this group and give it to group D instead.

• Locked thread