Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
The really important question mixed in all this crap:

How badly will GOP downballot suffer if the party abandons Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pick posted:

I don't understand how anyone can be a Republican any more.

Donald Trump is a Democrat.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So facebook says there are 1 million posts about wikileaks made today

Bots?

Yeah that is weird, I've never seen a number that high ever. I imagine it got hacked.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

They don't know and that's the main thing stopping them as they try to work out which is worse.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Horribly

Think midterm election turnout vs excited Dem presidential turnout

Like, I wouldn't be shocked if the House is starting to get back into play, you know that they are going to use this to try to attach every republican to Trump

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

A wave that pushes the House back into D control along with the Senate :getin:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lester Shy posted:

How much could they realistically have? How many times was Trump on Access Hollywood?

It maybe could have only been that one time, or maybe one other time as well, but if he spent the whole time before his segment/interview/whatever being a crude misogynist idiot, I bet there's quite a bit.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

How much could they realistically have? How many times was Trump on Access Hollywood?

Possibly a ton. It takes a lot of material to make a scene, much less an entire episode or series of episodes. Even if he was only on the set for 8 hours, he could say tons of reprehensible poo poo in that time.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Donald Trump is a Democrat.

:rolleyes:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
https://twitter.com/ImWithYou010/status/784591388763643904

Those dirty Democrats trying to make something a story that everyone's gracefully ignoring, even though it's been non stop media coverage since it came out.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

BigRed0427 posted:

New Theory. HRC has a source in Wikileaks that tipped her off that they have something that COULD hurt her. Clinton's Oppo Research decided to pull out the nuclear option.

or the much more likely scenario that wikileaks decided to fire off what they had an hour after the writing was on the wall

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So facebook says there are 1 million posts about wikileaks made today

Bots?

Ever since noted shitlords Matt Walsh, Steven Crowder, and company complained about FACEBOOK IS CENSORING US, Facebook nixed their human curated list in favor of scripts that automagically curate stuff. That's why Facebook now has 1000x more links to Breitbart, Infowars, and poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/theshrillest/status/784589141635923971

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

sheri posted:

No, the claim that you can't change the ballot if your nominee quits

There are 50 (plus DC) state election commissions with different rules and poo poo that have to be changed, and not all legislatures are controlled by Republicans and are in session. Early voting has already started in a few states. There is no possible way to change candidates at this point.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
UN-ENDORSEMENT UPDATE -- Jason Chaffetz just cord the cord according to Don Lemon on CNN

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Also something that'll hamstring any attempts at replacing Trump: who do you replace him with? No one who has any thoughts, be they exaggerated or not, of a future career in politics is not going to agree to be the punching bag who gets slaughtered as a replacement. You could maybe get like, Ben Carson, but not anyone who is a 'real' politician, so to speak.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
$10 says the video statement is like a hostage video with Trump obviously reading cue cards about how sexual assault is terrible

Bonus if Kellyanne Conway is accidentally visible when she shouldn't be at some point

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

gently caress the republican party. gently caress the southern strategy. choke on everything you've wrought you scum.

Hell yes :getin:

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BenWinslow/status/784590505673891840

Trump's blatant misogyny is just going to make it even sweeter when he gets trounced by a girl. Because you know in his mind there's no greater sign of weakness.

bowser fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 8, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

As someone with a useless Masters of Religious Studies I approve of this analogy.

Imagining the Sean Hannities of the Persian Empire decrying Darius' multicultural pandering at helping the Judeans building a Second Templ (ON PERSIAN IMPERIAL DIME!) pleases me, too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's going to be weird when donald gets booed at the townhall debate in less than 48 hours

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Also something that'll hamstring any attempts at replacing Trump: who do you replace him with? No one who has any thoughts, be they exaggerated or not, of a future career in politics is not going to agree to be the punching bag who gets slaughtered as a replacement. You could maybe get like, Ben Carson, but not anyone who is a 'real' politician, so to speak.

The idea seems to be Pence since he's there already but his best characteristic right now is being "generic Republican" and praying the sole debate he's in (that people watch) doesn't change that.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Sky Shadowing posted:

https://twitter.com/ImWithYou010/status/784591388763643904

Those dirty Democrats trying to make something a story that everyone's gracefully ignoring, even though it's been non stop media coverage since it came out.

Does Twitter know or care Milo is back on Twitter.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i think itd be cool if donald trump got stuck on the rear bumper of a car, and then the car drove for a very, very, long time, until it broke down in the middle of hell, and he didnt have bus fare to go home

I don't wish harm or death upon Trump, despite all this.

He needs to live until the election so he can be crushed without stupid conspiracies about Hillary having him assassinated marring things and potentially hindering her victory and utter crushing of the GOP.

After that, though...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i think donald trump should be punched, by a train

e: and lose the election, yes

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Do we have a running tally of who exactly has abandoned ship?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Don't stop, Republicans, I'm nearly there...

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

UN-ENDORSEMENT UPDATE -- Jason Chaffetz just cord the cord according to Don Lemon on CNN

Utah is bailing the gently caress out

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So this isn't on the Reddit front page. Conspiracy?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

bad boy in the boy band posted:

I would like to think Anderson Cooper is a good enough journalist and moderator to be unbiased. I mean, I want Trump to get loving destroyed, but don't give him ammo by making the moderator obviously against him.

Yeah, but I very much doubt that Cooper will be at all inclined to go softball on him like Lauer did - that's my main point. Chances of a weak moderator letting Trump weasel around the point are about as low as they could possibly be.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

computer parts posted:

The idea seems to be Pence since he's there already but his best characteristic right now is being "generic Republican" and praying the sole debate he's in (that people watch) doesn't change that.

No way Pence would agree to that, I think. It'd be such a stacked deck against him that it's way easier and less painful to just wait the four years and give it a shot in 2020 instead.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Luna Was Here posted:

Coulda sworn the bill rape stuff was just rumors, someone wanna source me some real quotes or something? Meanwhile Trump is on camera literally admitting to sexual assault

They weren't rumors, they were public accusations. There's no major physical evidence, so it's he said she said. Juanita Broaddrick is generally considered the most troubling.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/1999/03/is_juanita_broaddrick_telling_the_truth.html

It's a giant can of worms that I'm afraid would be awful to discuss in the context of this election.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Roland Jones posted:

I don't wish harm or death upon Trump, despite all this.

He needs to live until the election so he can be crushed without stupid conspiracies about Hillary having him assassinated marring things and potentially hindering her victory and utter crushing of the GOP.

After that, though...

I hope he lives a long, full life knowing deep inside that he is a loser that no one will ever take seriously again. I want this election to be his waking nightmare, haunting every dim corner of his life.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
apparently trump people are ebing told to get off air

ahahahaha god this owns

this is, magic

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

nachos posted:

Utah is bailing the gently caress out

Utah's politicians suck in their own way, but Mormons already were reluctant to support Trump and this isn't playing well with them at all

Watch Utah go to Gary Johnson

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I wonder which one is a catchier and thus more correct slogan, "PodestaEmails" or "TrumpTape"?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can't believe that Hillary Clinton spent the last 40 years ensuring she'd be president, and Donald Trump spent the last 40 years ensuring that he wouldn't. This election is the capstone of two lifetimes of hard work.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Casimir Radon posted:

So this isn't on the Reddit front page. Conspiracy?

Did Hussein Obamacare engineer a exaggerated hurricane to get people to turn to the news for weather information therefore insuring people would see this 'breaking news'?

THINK ABOUT IT

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

I hope he lives a long, full life knowing deep inside that he is a loser that no one will ever take seriously again. I want this election to be his waking nightmare, haunting every dim corner of his life.
He just needs to live long enough to see all the family businesses crumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Sorry for spamming the thread with tweets but they're so good you guys.

https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/784590751892135938

https://twitter.com/shani_o/status/784553221234778113

• Locked thread