Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
guys please. its still in beta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Next Beta: All combat is being changed into a quicktime event. If you lose the event your character is deleted.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

Next Beta: All combat is being changed into a quicktime event. If you lose the event your character is deleted.

:perfect:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Kimsemus posted:

As a QTE lover, there is a very high chance I would unironically play this.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

So salem..

As for the other question. Also no more betas. Things are wrapping up. New outland map that looks good etc. New changes to a lot of things which are all good. Don't play until release.. Population has mostly quit except for hardcore guilds gvging. Basically anyone who wasn't a tryhard quit until release at this point.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
new trailer for the addons..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifNA8TEJSok

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I learned something about a magical artifact called the whore froth staff

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Holy poo poo someone without an accent doing the voiceover?! Glad to see my money went somewhere special.

New environment looks great though. It's nice to see some new variations on weapons and armor through artifacts as well. I think despite their terrible habit of prolonging the game's release, their retarded design team that does weird poo poo(mostly Korn) for no particular reason at all, this game will be pretty good when it's finally out. Hopefully the lengthy time in alpha and beta didn't kill this on release though.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 24, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
How to fix the game:
1) remove/reduce zerg damage reduction mechanic
2) entering in pvp combat (like getting hit) instantly dismounts you (without locking your skills)
2.5) make the zoning invulnerability buff last for 20 seconds, but movement changes the duration to 5 seconds left. Make the 'No shield' buff last 30 seconds. Still give them 10 seconds of movement speed.
3) you cannot hop onto your mount while in pvp combat.
3.5) apply gallop to roads only, no matter if you're in combat by a mob or not.
4) logging in does not give you a 30 second invulnerability and speed buff
5) fix zoning-altf4 logoff trick
6) cut the map size in half, trying to find people more than 2 zones outside of cities isn't worth it
7) rework the crime system such that:
a) criminals can work their reputation back up somehow once below the threshold of flagging
b) criminals can respawn in and enter red cities at any city, but can't do anything once in them (if they're the lowest reputation) (they can trade for gear, access their chest, the AH, but only public buildings.)
c) dying reduces your positive reputation by a certain %, such that you can't keep naked scouting flagged people and drop their reputation to nefarious in 5 minutes.
8) make t7 and t8 rare, but not predictably rare, make them completely random.
9) make slows from gear significantly more effective, so that a single person or a small group of people can actually catch someone, without forcing people into larger groups.
10) put more AoE into the game to disincentive (naturally) zerging
11) fix the zoom-out bugs/hacks/exploits that are obviously in the game. If I can go into cheat engine, modify one memory value, and see the entire map, there is a major issue. (just reduce render range to JUST outside of screen range, so even people who cheat only get half a second of faster information, rather than twice the range of the default camera)
12) remove player chat moderators. remove the blocked player limit. this is pretty self regulating. the only time people should intervene when poo poo is said that breaks the EULA and that already happens

that's it for now thanks for listening.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 24, 2016

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

How to fix the game:
2) entering in pvp combat (like getting hit) instantly dismounts you (without locking your skills)
2.5) make the zoning invulnerability buff last for 20 seconds, but movement changes the duration to 5 seconds left. Make the 'No shield' buff last 30 seconds. Still give them 10 seconds of movement speed.
6) cut the map size in half, trying to find people more than 2 zones outside of cities isn't worth it
a) criminals can work their reputation back up somehow once below the threshold of flagging
b) criminals can respawn in and enter red cities at any city, but can't do anything once in them (if they're the lowest reputation) (they can trade for gear, access their chest, the AH, but only public buildings.)
c) dying reduces your positive reputation by a certain %, such that you can't keep naked scouting flagged people and drop their reputation to nefarious in 5 minutes.
9) make slows from gear significantly more effective, so that a single person or a small group of people can actually catch someone, without forcing people into larger groups.
11) fix the zoom-out bugs/hacks/exploits that are obviously in the game. If I can go into cheat engine, modify one memory value, and see the entire map, there is a major issue. (just reduce render range to JUST outside of screen range, so even people who cheat only get half a second of faster information, rather than twice the range of the default camera)
12) remove player chat moderators. remove the blocked player limit. this is pretty self regulating. the only time people should intervene when poo poo is said that breaks the EULA and that already happens

Oh my sweet summer child.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Shodai posted:

Oh my sweet summer child.

i'm an idealist

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

How to fix the game:

Some of these things people wanted over a year ago. Most of these ideas are bad but please :frogon:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Most of these ideas are bad but please :frogon:

counterpoint: all of these ideas are good

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

counterpoint: all of these ideas are good

counter counterpoint:

don't play albion :v:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you make a good argument, and I concede.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
wait are we still discussing how to fix this game that has been broken since it alphabeta'ed in 2013

that's some stamina friends

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
turns out motherfuckers love to talk poo poo

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

my favorite part about ablion online is the playerbase

very friendly and tight knit group of junior game developers

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

wait are we still discussing how to fix this game that has been broken since it alphabeta'ed in 2013

that's some stamina friends

its more of a last ditch effort, sort of like when you rush to get both your face and your butt into the tub at the end of a binge drinking session

Suxpool posted:

turns out motherfuckers love to talk poo poo

:justpost:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I, for one, am still hoping for a jesus patch to come in and save everything. All of the fun goons played this game, and I think its more likely that this game gets a jesus patch than it is a new, fun game comes out in which all the fun goods flock to. :(

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

This is so sad. I finally have a couple hours a day I can kill in an MMO and the game is still poo poo. :smith:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it should be good-er for launch (hopefully)

i'm still gonna play with a lot of bakas and we're gonna laborer spam and get free poo poo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it should be good-er for launch (hopefully)

i'm still gonna play with a lot of bakas and we're gonna laborer spam and get free poo poo

The thing about repeated pay-for-access betas is that you've basically already launched. Launch Day for a game with no prior access or very limited access is a big deal. Launch Day for a game that has basically been open for months on end, not so much. It'll be a bit of a bump because of the F2P angle but not that much.

Sorry but they already done spent their load.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Did they change the 5v5 territory control stuff and general anti-zerg mechanics like the AOE damage increase based on bodies hit?

I don't need a perfect game. I just want a game that's not actively anti-open world sandbox.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

walruscat posted:

Did they change the 5v5 territory control stuff and general anti-zerg mechanics like the AOE damage increase based on bodies hit?

I don't need a perfect game. I just want a game that's not actively anti-open world sandbox.

they are very anti-open sandbox.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Ruggan posted:

my favorite part about ablion online is the playerbase

very friendly and tight knit group of junior game developers

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does this poo poo game have a release date yet?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Official release is meaningless for games like this.

It's already released. At some point it will go free to play, which they will call "release".

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Official release is meaningless for games like this.

It's already released. At some point it will go free to play, which they will call "release".

Na I am a sperg that doesn't want to have their poo poo deleted at "release" so I'll wait until then.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Bercilak posted:

Arena
We will create an arena system that will allow players to practice and compete with each other in a competitive setting, without full loot

forge
Feb 26, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

perfect, except instead of the game getting better the game gets worse.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

idk it seems to me that this new early access infinite beta model has some legs

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Blazing Zero posted:

idk it seems to me that this new early access infinite beta model has some legs

stunted, crippled, non-functioning ones

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

will albion leave beta before closing shop :iiam:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Percelus posted:

will albion leave beta before closing shop :iiam:

I didn't l know what this meant and then I saw on the interwebs "beta deep into 2017"

LOL

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Albion Online: How deep can we go? Can a beta have a beta? Find out together...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FireWhizzle posted:

Albion Online: How deep can we go? Can a beta have a beta? Find out together...

that subtle bojack reference tho :golfclap:

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
haha beta extended haha hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
rip game.

• Locked thread