Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

how much hp do snipers have?

I think I saw a sniper with HP around the range of 120-160. Can't be sure.

I can't think of a good build for One Down. The only build I've had minor success with is a dodgy shotgun muscle suit build. That or use an ICTV with Frenzy Aced, Berserker Aced, Silencer Skills, and LMG skills. Doesn't leave me much room for much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Geight posted:

Mayhem seems like it will be a fun challenge once they smooth out the enemy HP bugs. I actually don't particularly mind the idea of tasers and cloakers being that tanky, but having normal cops shrug off headshots feels bad.

I entirely agree. I think both the new difficulties will be great once the HP thing is handed. The issue right now is that the HP invalidates a ton of weapons because you need half a magazine to the head just to take out a normal cop.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

TopHatGenius posted:

I think I saw a sniper with HP around the range of 120-160. Can't be sure.

I can't think of a good build for One Down. The only build I've had minor success with is a dodgy shotgun muscle suit build. That or use an ICTV with Frenzy Aced, Berserker Aced, Silencer Skills, and LMG skills. Doesn't leave me much room for much else.

Won't work... I was using that with an Anarchist ICTV Frenzy build and under certain circumstances, the typical bullet takes 220 according to Steam Forums. Basically, if you can't go into hiding for 5 minutes after getting shot once, you are done.

I just ran said build on One Down on Mall Crashers, found a good defensible spot and got downed as I got tazed by one tazer. Counted 3 to 4 bullets before I was out.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Discendo Vox posted:

how much hp do snipers have?

edit: haha, now people on the steam forums are asking for the devs to make the next payday a cover-based third person shooter.

That could be interesting.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
It's not an inherently bad concept but generally speaking third-person cover shooters tend to be a bit less free and fast in terms of their movement than Payday 2 currently is, where with a dodge build and the movement speed skills you can really fly. I kind of like the diversity Payday 2 has currently with "walking tank" and "paper mache doomguy" both being options.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Malek posted:

Won't work... I was using that with an Anarchist ICTV Frenzy build and under certain circumstances, the typical bullet takes 220 according to Steam Forums. Basically, if you can't go into hiding for 5 minutes after getting shot once, you are done.

I just ran said build on One Down on Mall Crashers, found a good defensible spot and got downed as I got tazed by one tazer. Counted 3 to 4 bullets before I was out.

Guess I'm sticking with the dodge build for now. Tasers have never been more terrifying!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Anonymous Robot posted:

That could be interesting.

It's mostly that they are asking for a completely different game. There are also folks complaining that the game isn't fully rendering the body and cover and performing realtime likelihood calculations for cover and full body for enemy fire.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Those people don't want a payday 2 (or 3) experience, they want arma. Payday is not a cover based shooter. Jesus.

loving spergs.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I just soloed Boiling Point and Big Bank on Mayhem. NuTans are a little tanky, but the whole experience was very manageable. If you've been using 40-damage assault rifles, then yeah, you're going to have a lovely time. But 40-damage assault rifles have been suboptimal for a while now, so if you're just getting the memo on that... Sorry?

My overall impression was that Mayhem is basically Overkill damage with DW health. Probably not exactly, but that's how it felt. If that's more or less the story, then it's a nice place to gear-check. If you're not killing cops quickly, it's because there's something wrong with your build.

No comments on higher difficulties yet.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Sounds like the original DW update alright. Well, time to stay away from this game until they make it actually playable for people who want computer games rather than masochism again.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

So did they gently caress with health on all difficulty levels or are just Mayhem and above janky right now?

Asking because I'm a baby that pretty much just plays overkill.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

In three tries we haven't made it past the first turn on Hoxton Breakout One Down.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Wastrel_ posted:

Sounds like the original DW update alright. Well, time to stay away from this game until they make it actually playable for people who want computer games rather than masochism again.

Class Warcraft posted:

So did they gently caress with health on all difficulty levels or are just Mayhem and above janky right now?

I played almost exclusively on Overkill tonight because Mayhem was a bit too crunchy with my just-infamied rear end, and if you were an Overkill player before the update you can continue playing Overkill without issue. Bulldozers are somewhat more threatening now due to their increased mobility, but will most of the time just use that to run up punch you. There's really no need to stop playing if Overkill is/was the difficulty level that you enjoyed.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Class Warcraft posted:

I just ran my usual build on a DW Jewelry Store to test this. Things felt more or less the same as they did prior to the patch. I can't be sure, but I think NuTans might have less health on DW than on Mayhem? Could be wrong, I wasn't paying that much attention.

I'm pretty sure that Mayhem and DW should still be entirely manageable at this point. The heists where low-tier enemies (Bikers, etc.) appear are probably annoying since those enemies now have hosed up health scaling, but whatever. They're limited in number.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Current community proposed name for dozers on OD is "can openers".

edit: Seven's getting into it with people in the feedback thread. Enemy intimidation is apparently completely broken for reasons that aren't clear.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 8, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I thought that I was intimidating cops especially easily tonight, considering that I had absolutely no skills related to increasing the power of my shouts.

Do you think it's naive to hope for some of these bugs to get ironed out during the free content fest, or should we just accept this brief period of weirdness and expect a polish pass afterwards?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

More words:

I don't think Jules is wrong in advising people to look at more damage-buffing skills if they're having problems. The issue is that build variety gets severely compressed when we have to prioritize those skills, and whole bunch of weapons become worthless.

To optimize my damage and survivability, I run an Anarchist/Dodge build with Berserker and Frenzy. And I take shotguns and the associated skills. Getting all of that going leaves me with 22 points. That means I can fit a deployable in, and then I'm done. If you want to run Inspire, then you have to compress even more.

I'm having a hard time imagining moving away from Berserker/Frenzy, since giving those skills up means giving up a huge amount of damage and durability. They also consume a huge chunk of points, though, and limit Perk Deck options.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

So do we know for sure if enemy HP values are being increased beyond what was intended?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Geight posted:

So do we know for sure if enemy HP values are being increased beyond what was intended?

I doubt that they are, given Jules' presence in discussions. It's just a question of whether Overkill's vision is appropriate.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I have an easy and fun way to fix One Down: Turn it into Dante Must Die Mode where cop damage multipliers are given to both players and pigs. That way its a challenge and not a blender to stick your dick in, but with Borderlands style extra health.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Geight posted:

Yes, Jules has confirmed that it is, for some of the lower tier enemies in particular.

Geight posted:

Do you think it's naive to hope for some of these bugs to get ironed out during the free content fest, or should we just accept this brief period of weirdness and expect a polish pass afterwards?

They're trying to fix it immediately tomorrow (they've been crunching to get things ready and are crashing tonight)- otherwise the other content being released won't work. They're trying to desperately triage bugs in the reporting forum.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I guess I'm going to try streaming some stuff. Come watch us die trying One Down.[/url] Or don't.

Or tell me it's poo poo and broken.

E: Never mind. My Internet sucks.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 8, 2016

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

More words:

I don't think Jules is wrong in advising people to look at more damage-buffing skills if they're having problems. The issue is that build variety gets severely compressed when we have to prioritize those skills, and whole bunch of weapons become worthless.

To optimize my damage and survivability, I run an Anarchist/Dodge build with Berserker and Frenzy. And I take shotguns and the associated skills. Getting all of that going leaves me with 22 points. That means I can fit a deployable in, and then I'm done. If you want to run Inspire, then you have to compress even more.

I'm having a hard time imagining moving away from Berserker/Frenzy, since giving those skills up means giving up a huge amount of damage and durability. They also consume a huge chunk of points, though, and limit Perk Deck options.

I feel like this would work well for the very high difficulties. It's a little annoying to get pigeonholed into things like that at the same time. Maybe some skills could get re-worked to make give more variety.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

How is mod support so far? Everything broken? Some things broken? Goon mod?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

During periods where the game gets significant updates every day I think it's best practice to disable your mods.

Also RIP to the cool pubbies I had teamed up with for a Mayhem Slaughterhouse, they were carrying my useless rear end until my game decided that victory would be too sweet and it just straight-up crashed. :sigh:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
MSPaint hud still works

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It feels really weird to just be pumping headshots into a shield with my Lebensauger instead of just deleting every non-dozer I see with a single click. Not necessarily bad, mind you. But it's weird.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

spit on my clit posted:

MSPaint hud still works

The only mod that matters.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TopHatGenius posted:

The only mod that matters.

there's also the mod that maps Jackets old face onto everyones faces

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Geight posted:

I played almost exclusively on Overkill tonight because Mayhem was a bit too crunchy with my just-infamied rear end, and if you were an Overkill player before the update you can continue playing Overkill without issue. Bulldozers are somewhat more threatening now due to their increased mobility, but will most of the time just use that to run up punch you. There's really no need to stop playing if Overkill is/was the difficulty level that you enjoyed.

If it's true that a cop does 220 damage per shot on the highest difficulty now, that's exactly like when the DW update hit and the ICTV became as useful as wet tissue paper. That's nonsensical, because it doesn't give players a fair chance at actually winning the game. If you wear an ICTV you are going to get hit, and multiple times at that given the number of enemies. So there has to be a mechanic to actually allow you to shoot back, do objectives and complete the heist rather than being downed repeatedly. One way is a proper cover mechanic, but as discussed that doesn't exist in this game and probably never will. Another is to actually make the ICTV serve its purpose on all difficulties, which is to tank enemy damage - perhaps by making damage dealt a proportion of armour, rather than a flat number.

I've played (old) DW plenty of times, and yes it did get a bit too easy, but heavily pumping up enemy numbers and stats is a stupid way to make things more challenging. Not to mention that from the sound of it, the weapon rebalance has been essentially nullified. One Down could even be one down allowed on the previous iteration of DW, and that would have added significant difficulty without being too unfair.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Boiling Point One-Down is bugged (it's too easy)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

:pubstove: report wherein I hosted:

Did Biker Heist after I bought it (It's about two bucks). Almost had a TPK on Mayhem not long after we got tools, but did the Restart option thing. Then my game crash.

Hotfix tomorrow, yeah? Or just don't play Mayhem?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

quote:

Oh, and Bulldozers have started running and can't be stunned.

Welp. Looks like someone should bring out the RPG for higher difficulties now. :stonk:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

:siren::siren:Snipers are now carrying sniper rifles:siren::siren:
...At least, I think that's what they are.

Magni posted:

Welp. Looks like someone should bring out the RPG for higher difficulties now. :stonk:

There's an RPG damage clamp on the top difficulties, apparently.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 8, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

One down, I don't know how many more to go.

Protip: don't even focus on killing poo poo on day 1, just run.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I just ran my usual build on a DW Jewelry Store to test this. Things felt more or less the same as they did prior to the patch. I can't be sure, but I think NuTans might have less health on DW than on Mayhem? Could be wrong, I wasn't paying that much attention.

I'm pretty sure that Mayhem and DW should still be entirely manageable at this point. The heists where low-tier enemies (Bikers, etc.) appear are probably annoying since those enemies now have hosed up health scaling, but whatever. They're limited in number.

dw is not anything like it was before the patch, tans have 960 health just like on mayhem and possible on od? everything had a massive health buff and the difficulty is not comparable. you can get to adequate cop killing power if every single build you have uses berserker and frenzy i guess. or lmgs to just power through the bullet sponges but its very bad currently

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Wastrel_ posted:

If it's true that a cop does 220 damage per shot on the highest difficulty now, that's exactly like when the DW update hit and the ICTV became as useful as wet tissue paper. That's nonsensical, because it doesn't give players a fair chance at actually winning the game. If you wear an ICTV you are going to get hit, and multiple times at that given the number of enemies. So there has to be a mechanic to actually allow you to shoot back, do objectives and complete the heist rather than being downed repeatedly. One way is a proper cover mechanic, but as discussed that doesn't exist in this game and probably never will. Another is to actually make the ICTV serve its purpose on all difficulties, which is to tank enemy damage - perhaps by making damage dealt a proportion of armour, rather than a flat number.

I've played (old) DW plenty of times, and yes it did get a bit too easy, but heavily pumping up enemy numbers and stats is a stupid way to make things more challenging. Not to mention that from the sound of it, the weapon rebalance has been essentially nullified. One Down could even be one down allowed on the previous iteration of DW, and that would have added significant difficulty without being too unfair.

Hey I appreciate that you took the time to write this but it doesn't seem relevant to the thing I wrote that you quoted. All I'm saying is that if you were someone who liked to play Overkill, you can continue playing Overkill difficulty without any major issues after today's difficulty update.

Geight fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 8, 2016

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Do these staggered events usually have daily patches? Cause i might have to pause this if it'll copy/diffpatch rewrite the same 30GB file for hours every single day.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Do these staggered events usually have daily patches? Cause i might have to pause this if it'll copy/diffpatch rewrite the same 30GB file for hours every single day.

They do, and it's totally going to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

:siren::siren:Snipers are now carrying sniper rifles:siren::siren:
...At least, I think that's what they are.

There's an RPG damage clamp on the top difficulties, apparently.

YES! They're carrying the Rattlesnake with what appears to be the Tactical Aluminum Body.

This is such a small aesthetic thing but I geeked out hardcore when I saw that they stopped using CAR-4s. :allears:

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 8, 2016