Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheReddieBody
Oct 8, 2016

You cannot grasp the point of such a delay, it feeds the body.

The body grows.
There will be an announcement in your futures.

I mean, I ain't promising poo poo about what it'll be about, but hey, it's sure an announcement.

Feed me more desires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just finished Paper Mario Color Splash. Collecting everything except some of the enemy cards, total play time 39:12 over 22 play sessions. Good, solid game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

TheReddieBody posted:

There will be an announcement in your futures.

I mean, I ain't promising poo poo about what it'll be about, but hey, it's sure an announcement.

Feed me more desires.

oh my god make me idiot queen of this thread that i might set it straight

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

oddium posted:

oh my god make me idiot queen of this thread that i might set it straight

Must be the announcement he's bemusing.

E: Well speak of the devil.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 8, 2016

TheReddieBody
Oct 8, 2016

The body grows.
The world remains in motion, and so does the NX.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

oddium posted:

[runs mba over nintendo's stock report like ouija board]

d... e... l...

f... i... n... o?

It can't be...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why is that 9 minutes long

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'm curious. About the NX.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

f... i... n... o?

It can't be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6I5sUBGtw

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They're making Dragon Quest XI for the NX, right? I didn't just imagine that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bongo Bill posted:

They're making Dragon Quest XI for the NX, right? I didn't just imagine that?

yes it'll get the ps4 version but 3ds is still getting its own version too with classic and modern graphics

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

yes it'll get the ps4 version but 3ds is still getting its own version too with classic and modern graphics

I think that all three versions will be on the NX.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Dragon Quest 11 for PS4 for NX, the next generation in gaming

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bongo Bill posted:

I think that all three versions will be on the NX.

nx has 3 screens. confirmed

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

[runs mba over nintendo's stock report like ouija board]

d... e... l...

del..delete this?

TheReddieBody
Oct 8, 2016

The body grows.
Final Fantasy 6 remake, starring guest lead designer Hideo Kojima.

Coming never, only on NX.

This entire youtube channel is a goddamn goldmine, and so recent too.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This could also be the return of the venerable, legendary Sega Saturn strategy. Some day in March, they put up a Direct about the NX ending on "And it's in stores today!!!!!"

It'll work just as well as it did for Sega, too!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Patter Song posted:

This could also be the return of the venerable, legendary Sega Saturn strategy. Some day in March, they put up a Direct about the NX ending on "And it's in stores today!!!!!"

It'll work just as well as it did for Sega, too!

available in store only at only one store

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Yeah the downfall of the Saturn wasn't shocking consumers, but also retailers. It shocked retailers so much that they told Sega to go gently caress themselves!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my parents are a little negative on the NX. They said it’s gonna flop and it'll be Nintendo's downfall.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I picked up Color Splash despite being one of the angriest people about it on this site.

I'm glad it's not a complete dumpster fire like I assumed but I really really hope the next game has a more conventional battle system with HP and solid numbers. With that gone and nothing to stop you from using any cards none of the attacks actually feel like they're doing different damage and it's all just meaningless flavor. I can use a eekhammer or whatever it's called to bop a enemy 5 times with my hammer and it'll somehow do less damage then a normal rear end hammer despite the Eekhammer being the "rarer" card. It makes no sense.

Not to mention a normal shoe just auto kills everything in "chapter 1" or whatever you wanna call it anyway.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I picked up Color Splash despite being one of the angriest people about it on this site.

I'm glad it's not a complete dumpster fire like I assumed but I really really hope the next game has a more conventional battle system with HP and solid numbers. With that gone and nothing to stop you from using any cards none of the attacks actually feel like they're doing different damage and it's all just meaningless flavor. I can use a eekhammer or whatever it's called to bop a enemy 5 times with my hammer and it'll somehow do less damage then a normal rear end hammer despite the Eekhammer being the "rarer" card. It makes no sense.

Not to mention a normal shoe just auto kills everything in "chapter 1" or whatever you wanna call it anyway.

Yeah having some damage numbers would go a long way towards making the Color Splash combat more palatable. It just feels like a total crap-shoot to use your cards efficiently.

Not that you like, need to, game is easy as gently caress, but it's the principle of the thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah having some damage numbers would go a long way towards making the Color Splash combat more palatable. It just feels like a total crap-shoot to use your cards efficiently.

Not that you like, need to, game is easy as gently caress, but it's the principle of the thing.

I just want a reason to use these "rare" cards. They cost more paint, more coins, more rare to find but... they do jack poo poo.

Also for whatever game comes next I really hope that the redo action commands. It's boring to just have it stuck to tapping A. I liked holding back the hammer with the stick or yoshi's island egg-tossing at power ups and stuff in the previous games.

E: I also don't get the point in most of the shoes unless you HAVE to use them. The Hammer does more damage (seemingly) and it has a built in shockwave to hit multiple enemies no matter what. Hell if you get a excellent it can hit up to 3 enemies in a single go which is kind of stupid.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i like color splash. i dont like the combat ui. what is the point of scrolling through 90 cards to pick 4, swipe to select, press and hold to paint and then finally swiping again.

nintendo just let me press a to use a boot card, thanks

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just want a reason to use these "rare" cards. They cost more paint, more coins, more rare to find but... they do jack poo poo.

Also for whatever game comes next I really hope that the redo action commands. It's boring to just have it stuck to tapping A. I liked holding back the hammer with the stick or yoshi's island egg-tossing at power ups and stuff in the previous games.

E: I also don't get the point in most of the shoes unless you HAVE to use them. The Hammer does more damage (seemingly) and it has a built in shockwave to hit multiple enemies no matter what. Hell if you get a excellent it can hit up to 3 enemies in a single go which is kind of stupid.

There's a lot of situation where using shoes is ideal, such as koopas who have retreated into their shells and such, and they get much stronger single-target options for later game enemies. Also they get Line Jump which is great for deleting annoying encounters with tons of small enemies with a single card.

The REAL question is, why would anyone ever use the flowers or the spike helmet?

Blazing Zero posted:

i like color splash. i dont like the combat ui. what is the point of scrolling through 90 cards to pick 4, swipe to select, press and hold to paint and then finally swiping again.

You can change it in options to use only button commands and I heartily recommend it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blazing Zero posted:

Set it to "advanced" ASAP

Maybe smaller stuff like that doesn't bother me as much but I found it bearable with it. Only UI thing I really hate is the scrolling and how I sometimes accidentally grab a card and toss it around but that's more of my OCD then anything

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i got it on basic + buttons. advanced just removes 1 swipe but doesnt let me mash spam up through it all

its still poo poo

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Hace posted:

Yeah the downfall of the Saturn wasn't shocking consumers, but also retailers. It shocked retailers so much that they told Sega to go gently caress themselves!

There's also the fact that this news didn't spread nearly as fast as it could today. If you wanted to know what happened at a major trade show, you'd have to wait a few weeks for the relevant magazines to get information out about it. If you didn't see a commercial on TV for it, you wouldn't know it's a thing. But if Nintendo rolled out a Direct tomorrow with "by the way, it's out TODAY" then I guarantee you that within 24 hours anybody who gave enough of a poo poo to want to buy one on launch would know about it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The eekhammer isn't really rare at all. You'll be drowning in em. It does more damage than a worn hammer, less than a regular. But it's a lot easier to get an Excellent attack on, timing wise, so you're less likely to gently caress up.

Excellent on a regular hammer can hit up to three enemies but the timing is really precise and if you hit it a couple frames too late you'll do very little damage.(also depending on how far spaced apart the enemies are it may not hit any extra)

You can tell how much damage you are doing to an enemy based on how much paint is disappearing from their bodies. In fact, this is the first Paper Mario where that information is available from the outset without needing a partner or item to tell you how much HP they have left.

Also for eekhammers maybe you haven't run into enemy stacks yet, for them you need something that does multiple hits, normally only a jump is suitable, but eekhammers do the job well, especially if the enemy is spiked.

greatn fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 8, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

a.lo posted:

my parents are a little negative on the NX. They said it’s gonna flop and it'll be Nintendo's downfall.

You must kill your parents.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

don't kill the parents, or anyone

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Kill capitalism instead.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Rexroom posted:

Kill capitalism instead.

Yeah I'm going to destroy the political system that allows me to buy and experience Nintendo and video games in general. :jerkbag:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah I'm going to destroy the political system that allows me to buy and experience Nintendo and video games in general. :jerkbag:

The question is, are video games worth saving?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In Soviet Russia only Tetris is allowed. And I am fine with this.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
the NX is delayed until the Communist Party of Japan can successfully upend the Abe regime and bring all video game companies under state ownership

Nationalization is eXtremely good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

for nanorimo i'm writing about a world where how good you are at video games replaces fiat currency

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oddium posted:

for nanorimo i'm writing about a world where how good you are at video games replaces fiat currency

So if you're really god at video games you can get an Italian car?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
If Nintendo doesn't at least give some little tidbit of info on the NX during their shareholder's meeting then Nintendo is probably a lost cause from a hardware standpoint anyway. I'll still buy a used or refurbished Wii U for cheap so I can at least play Breath Of The Wild and that'll be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

If Nintendo doesn't _______________ they are doomed!

- everyone "in the know" from about 1995 to the present.

• Locked thread