Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

this is the superior thread *tumble weed blows past me*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it might be time to find another forum, friend

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

it's

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i think we're getting close to cult of personality stage of SA political forums

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

that's already happened with the candidates, can't say i'd be surprised if it extended to posters here as well. when you love your vote so much you want to hug and kiss it you impart a whole lotta meaning that just ain't there

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Karl Barks posted:

i think we're getting close to cult of personality stage of SA political forums
who's the personality? I haven't really seen a change in the behavior of clintonites or anyone else

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Barks posted:

trump thread bad

i agree, it really distracts from the important content such as relitigation of the soviet union or whether jill stein is bad or not

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

a maggotmaster will rise

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

i agree, it really distracts from the important content such as relitigation of the soviet union or whether jill stein is bad or not

"My job is to call balls and strikes." - Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Al! posted:

no one shoudl take this forum seriously but its not so crazy to call a thread that's byob lite (lol) by night and Epic. Freakin. Thissery. eyerolls at the incredibly fail president man by day bad

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

there's a girl in there like literally begging for attention. wild stuff man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i don't know what any of that means but i like 2 post in that thread a lot

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
it's a good thread that brings in a lot of people, I'm just hoping some of that stuff spills over into c-spam in general

i call it trickle down posting

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! you are the highlight of that thread

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

al and randroid are the only two megathread regulars who make funny posts, no contest

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well i wasn't fishing but i like what i caught

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

that expression was around before but i always think of this when i hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq-4r_Ye-s

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homework Explainer posted:

that expression was around before but i always think of this when i hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq-4r_Ye-s

where do you think i got it, paul f tompkins is amazing

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

He's very funny

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

reminder to read up and make informed decisions on your local elections

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

rudatron posted:

it's a good thread that brings in a lot of people, I'm just hoping some of that stuff spills over into c-spam in general

i call it trickle down posting

:same:

honestly the donald trump thread is pretty much the megathread at this point and its just a lot of high volume shitposting at night because people are drunk and around august after the khans, things dried up if you remember so people started dicking around out of boredom and intoxication. It is what it is now :shrug:

It's actually pretty good at adhering to the day time/ night time principles.

If you want more substantial posting in the Trump thread check around the hours of 9 am to 6 pm EST because those are the hours that posts polls and news relating to Donald Trump. Yea, a serious presidential candidate.

after that, well, you can't be sulking about it. I just told you~

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

:same:

honestly the donald trump thread is pretty much the megathread at this point and its just a lot of high volume shitposting at night because people are drunk and around august after the khans, things dried up if you remember so people started dicking around out of boredom and intoxication. It is what it is now :shrug:

It's actually pretty good at adhering to the day time/ night time principles.

If you want more substantial posting in the Trump thread check around the hours of 9 am to 6 pm EST because those are the hours that posts polls and news relating to Donald Trump. Yea, a serious presidential candidate.

after that, well, you can't be sulking about it. I just told you~

you are describing a chatroom. If it were possible to ignore iks the unread posts in the trump thread would be halved

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Only read the thread between specific hours of you want to read about the threads subject, if youre not reading posts as their posted in real time you cant be sulking about it~ -lastgirl(a good ik)

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Oh poo poo al! just appeared in a puff of smoke irl and said i agree, it really distracts from the important content such as relitigation of the soviet union or whether jill stein is bad or not i left the room but he's still in there, i can hear him through the door talking about churches

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I've found that all real information that is worth reading about is in the thread title.

:justpost:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Oh poo poo al! just appeared in a puff of smoke irl and said i agree, it really distracts from the important content such as relitigation of the soviet union or whether jill stein is bad or not i left the room but he's still in there, i can hear him through the door talking about churches

I had to probate rape apologists and someone posting nudes today. One of which I have to actually talk to an administrator about very soon because there's a possibility of a mental illness :smugjones:

I had to contain someone's meltdown for a week because it was a third strike and was detrimental to the thread. :smugjones:

The other week, I had to steer a primary slapfight out of the Clinton thread to keep it topical to Clinton. :smugjones:

So forgive me if I just don't really give a gently caress about your insipidly petty and sulky hissy fit right now because we have to take a thin-skinned orange con-man and sexual predator "uranium means ultimate to me." seriously for president in the largest thread in this entire sub-forum with a revolving door of posters. :smugjones:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sorry you had to do ik stuff instead of spamming lairen mayberry gifs all day smiley face smiley face smiley face tilde

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Maybe you should ask for admins to rotate the iks

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Sorry you had to do ik stuff instead of spamming lairen mayberry gifs all day smiley face smiley face smiley face tilde

Yeah, you know what? Me too.

See that's just the thing. At night time where it's just a bunch of drunk people, they're blowing steam off in this insane election. Shieeet I certainly do after having to put up with some really dumb and sad things.

There's 3 other IKs and two moderators and an admin. If they certainly had issues with the Trump thread's state I'm sure they would step up to the plate already or give a notice.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Yeah. So this is delightful.

How's the weather you guys? In San Diego it's a balmy night with chance of cataclysmic earthquake.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Solvent posted:

Yeah. So this is delightful.

How's the weather you guys? In San Diego it's a balmy night with chance of cataclysmic earthquake.

Me, well I had a hurricane come by and got a power line knocked down, took about 8 hours to get it back :toot:

2016 is one h*ck of a year man

I still like that you have your tag!

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Another gorgeous night in DC.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

Me, well I had a hurricane come by and got a power line knocked down, took about 8 hours to get it back :toot:

2016 is one h*ck of a year man

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Seemed like it woulda been bad. Glad it's just a short power outage.

Rumors of you possible death were exaggerated fortunately.

I actually listened to Chvrches because I browse the leper colony when I'm bored. Not bad, made me think of Purity Ring a little.
Probably exist in a musical bubble so new music is often well received. Do you have a favorite I can listen to as i rummage through a dead guy's stuff?

Peztopiary posted:

Another gorgeous night in DC.

No horrid hurricane for you? I'm really ignorant about the east coast. I figured the whole thing would have been drenched by now

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Solvent posted:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Seemed like it woulda been bad. Glad it's just a short power outage.

Rumors of you possible death were exaggerated fortunately.

I actually listened to Chvrches because I browse the leper colony when I'm bored. Not bad, made me think of Purity Ring a little.
Probably exist in a musical bubble so new music is often well received. Do you have a favorite I can listen to as i rummage through a dead guy's stuff?

No horrid hurricane for you? I'm really ignorant about the east coast. I figured the whole thing would have been drenched by now

Yea I heard! They exaggerated Baloogan's death for a while too, they're silly :rolleyes:

The coast got it really bad but I live central so I got nothing but drizzle and some strong winds, which knocked the line down. I don't think the hurricane is gonna go beyond South Carolina, it seems like it will do a U-turn from there but they're still tracking it. What's this about an earthquake??

Favorite what? Chvrches song or just music in general? I'm pretty picky about my music too but Paranoid Randroid got me on Moderat recently, they're good.

By the way are you going to watch the debate sunday?

Logikv9 is gonna prepare for the debate thread with some help on Sunday, but I'm still figuring out if bingo cards would fit a townhall session. Bingo cards seemed popular from the first debate thread we made, Baloogan had a pretty nifty bingo program with it. What do you think, just asking for an opinion, bingo y/n? I'm probably gonna handle the prizes this time.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

Yea I heard! They exaggerated Baloogan's death for a while too, they're silly :rolleyes:

The coast got it really bad but I live central so I got nothing but drizzle and some strong winds, which knocked the line down. I don't think the hurricane is gonna go beyond South Carolina, it seems like it will do a U-turn from there but they're still tracking it. What's this about an earthquake??

Favorite what? Chvrches song or just music in general? I'm pretty picky about my music too but Paranoid Randroid got me on Moderat recently, they're good.

By the way are you going to watch the debate sunday?

Logikv9 is gonna prepare for the debate thread with some help on Sunday, but I'm still figuring out if bingo cards would fit a townhall session. Bingo cards seemed popular from the first debate thread we made, Baloogan had a pretty nifty bingo program with it. What do you think, just asking for an opinion, bingo y/n? I'm probably gonna handle the prizes this time.

I was thinking Chvrches song, but music in general works too. I end up listening to the same thing all the time without exposure, or I listen to NPR, which is good, but hardly music.

Yes I am! I had to DVR it the first time around because I was in a night class, and even then my Computer Science professor brought up a webcast of it for half the class.
I'm hoping for real entertainment this time around, not just a bunch of interrupting Trump and smug Clinton. Besides, I talk about this stuff in US history 110 two days a week, and I need material to sound smart with. If I'm lucky I can participate in the bingo game this time - sounds fun!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Solvent posted:

I was thinking Chvrches song, but music in general works too. I end up listening to the same thing all the time without exposure, or I listen to NPR, which is good, but hardly music.

Yes I am! I had to DVR it the first time around because I was in a night class, and even then my Computer Science professor brought up a webcast of it for half the class.
I'm hoping for real entertainment this time around, not just a bunch of interrupting Trump and smug Clinton. Besides, I talk about this stuff in US history 110 two days a week, and I need material to sound smart with. If I'm lucky I can participate in the bingo game this time - sounds fun!

It's pretty hard to pick a favorite CHVRCHES song so top two at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRKW9vR76cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNIx2ryQXsA

One that's probably not in the leper colony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4gjiMVKFI

Moderat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsAK0JmQIWk

Moloko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwmoMaB6VWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz6o1W_xHxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLAC0Z7z8s

that should be enough for you while you play fallout, I'm assuming by your definition of looting dead people~

It's a town hall so they can't interrupt each other and audience is going to ask questions. It won't be like Matt Lauer's shitshow, I'm hoping.

What does your US History Class think about this election? Does it have unironic Trump supporters?~

Also, keep an eye out for the thread then! It'll be stickied on Sunday, probably Saturday night if we do go through with the bingo cards like last time, there'll be rules in the OP so check it early if you can to participate.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Solvent posted:

DC isn't really on the coast. We're getting some this afternoon, < an inch though. The hurricane seems like it's hooking back out to sea and possibly coming back around at Florida, last I saw.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

It's pretty hard to pick a favorite CHVRCHES song so top two at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRKW9vR76cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNIx2ryQXsA

One that's probably not in the leper colony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4gjiMVKFI

Moderat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsAK0JmQIWk

Moloko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwmoMaB6VWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz6o1W_xHxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLAC0Z7z8s

that should be enough for you while you play fallout, I'm assuming by your definition of looting dead people~

It's a town hall so they can't interrupt each other and audience is going to ask questions. It won't be like Matt Lauer's shitshow, I'm hoping.

What does your US History Class think about this election? Does it have unironic Trump supporters?~

Also, keep an eye out for the thread then! It'll be stickied on Sunday, probably Saturday night if we do go through with the bingo cards like last time, there'll be rules in the OP so check it early if you can to participate.

Thank you! I'm playing them now, Up in Arms is beautiful. Her voice is sweet, and the song is cheerful and uplifting... This post is taking so long to write I've made it to Modrat which is good too. What's this genera called? Is this house? I think I like it.

Not Fallout, but a good guess.
I'm in charge of my dead biological fathers estate all of a sudden because my half brother is depressed and incapable of anything but smoking pot and watching TV. Frankly nobody is willing to let me give them anything from the estate besides my brother. I'm supposed to take his truck, and fix it, sell it, find all the assets, take his entertainment center, and be charming and funny with the people who took care of him as he died of cancer TWO YEARS AGO. I'm doing in a weekend what nobody has done in all this time.
I'm going through a box of his paperwork tonight that's large and unsorted, looking for assets to claim and distribute. It needs to be done before Monday when I can put everything into action, otherwise it's going to drag on and kill my grades.

I hardly knew the guy. He was kind of a jerk, but looking at all this stuff I got from a grandmother I just met Friday, I probably would have liked him.
So it goes.

I think I probably shouldn't just hand my brother tens of thousands of dollars in cash the way he wants me to. He's a recovering meth addict. But I really don't know what else to do.

There is not one. Not one person who likes Trump, and in fact, that's the class I was quoting in my C-SPAM chat pseudo-meltdown from a few weeks ago. The professor worked for the first Clinton administration, and is a Bernout who says Hillary is nothing but a corporate shill, and he knows from personal experience with the woman. I considered just trying to parrot things I read here, but Trump is indefensible. This election is like a terrible joke that keeps getting worse.

I met one guy from a different class who says Trump is the lesser of two evils, but I felt it was a conversation not to have because he's friendly, and likely just uninformed. Even the old Republicans at my Mason lodge hate him more than Clinton. Where are these polls that say Trump has any chance at all coming from???? Obviously not California.

Peztopiary posted:

DC isn't really on the coast. We're getting some this afternoon, < an inch though. The hurricane seems like it's hooking back out to sea and possibly coming back around at Florida, last I saw.

I feel bad for not feeling bad about Florida. I hope it sinks soon.

Solvent has issued a correction as of 11:29 on Oct 8, 2016

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Oh yeah, I'm really digging Moderat. Not so much Moloko, but two out of three ain't bad. I had downloaded a bunch of Vaporwave because I had found Baloogan in the leper colony drunkposting a bunch of it a few months back, it's not bad, but I found that I gave it a listen and then just kind of abandoned it. Too sharp? I don't know how better to describe it.

Moderat I can imagine myself listening to in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
About the inheritance stuff, can you setup a trust for your brother? It'd be kind of an allowance thing, and as the executor it'd be easy to do. They wouldn't need to know that the deceased hadn't done it.

• Locked thread