Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

My favorite take is: "Donald Trump has never been convicted of rape... but Bill Clinton!"

My personal favorite is attacking Bill for flying on Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Express, as if Trump wasn't known to have also done that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Filthy Hans posted:

the big theme on r/The_Donald/ right now is that

it's a study in cognitive dissonance
Most will not see anything offensive or troubling about the content of the video. As a result, it will seem like a media farce to them that was created to keep attention away from Clinton speech transcripts.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

PhazonLink posted:

That's what the thread said during Donnie's bad post RNC week in Aug.

But it's been 2 weeks since the 1st debate sssssooooooo maybe a new pattern has been established. I need more data points and won't finish till after a certain night in Nov.

August is too early for a funeral, you've got two more months of circus programming to fill out.

With less than a month to go, though?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I was 18 for Bush v Gore, and goddamn if poo poo hasn't stayed weird since.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

PhazonLink posted:

That's what the thread said during Donnie's bad post RNC week in Aug.

But it's been 2 weeks since the 1st debate sssssooooooo maybe a new pattern has been established. I need more data points and won't finish till after a certain night in Nov.

We are now 31 days from the election. Trump's post convention meltdown was over two months ago and he's now doing worse than ever.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Glad to see some of the press are not being shy about this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/10/this-is-not-explicit-sex-talk/503459/

The Atlantic posted:

Some news outlets reported this as a problem of sexually descriptive words, such as “Donald Trump’s Graphic Sex Talk Audio Leaked” and “Stars React After Graphic Donald Trump and Billy Bush Convo Leaks.” Even The Washington Post—which broke the story—used the headline “Trump Recorded Having Extremely Lewd Conversation About Women in 2005.”

The thing about the Republican’s words isn't that they’re explicit or graphic. It's that they're misogynistic, coercive, abusive, and dehumanizing. And as my colleague David Graham notes, illegal: The candidate is describing forcing himself on women, bragging that they’re disinclined to object because of a power structure on which he knowingly capitalizes.

Framing this as lewd, even extremely so, is a reminder of the frequent reluctance to name sexual assault.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

My favorite take is: "Donald Trump has never been convicted of rape... but Bill Clinton!"

...but Bill Clinton.... was convicted of rape? No he wasn't. Even this terrible train of thought comes from a place of total bullshit.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Filthy Hans posted:

My personal favorite is attacking Bill for flying on Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Express, as if Trump wasn't known to have also done that

That whole upcoming rape trial on the October 14th or so? That involved Jeffery Epstein. Supposedly Epstein was furious at the girl because he wanted her virginity and Trump took that from him.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The video was pretty gross. I thought it was bad enough, but they get off the bus and ask for hugs and hit on her the whole time, and he's almost 60.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What the hell? Is Trump involved in some kind of rape trial for real? How the gently caress did I not know that. What is going on with this man!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So when this comes up at the debate, and he starts on Bill's women problems and Hillary's possible involvement, where does it go from there? I'm sure she has detailed plans to deal with it but I can't immediately think of what they are, given that we're talking about debating a clown here.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

berserker posted:

...but Bill Clinton.... was convicted of rape? No he wasn't. Even this terrible train of thought comes from a place of total bullshit.

Well, of course. It's conservative spin.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

PhazonLink posted:

That already happened?

Clinton said Nancy Reagan was a nice person and the media chomped at the bit to go "Well actually..." because they were still programmed with "Everything Clinton says is a lie and hiding something."

No, she praised Nancy Reagan's non-existent AIDS activism.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Also, I assume part of why the article headlines say "Trump Is Lewd" rather than "Trump Plans Rape" is that Trump could, AND WOULD, sue them for accusing him of a crime, but would not have any standing for "lewd."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Northjayhawk posted:

Over/Under on the number of times you write "pussy" in that paper that you'll then turn in to be graded in a class?

It'll be 50 pages of just "Grab them by the pussy" repeated over and over again.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

What the poo poo, guys. My state's politicians are banding together to beg a Republican nominee to step down and Don Lemon had to discuss pussy on the teevee.

I don't understand this universe. what is happening

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

deadkiller615 posted:

No, she praised Nancy Reagan's non-existent AIDS activism.

she praised Nancy Reagan's low-key enthusiasm for AIDS research, which is like praising Nero's low-key enthusiasm for firefighting.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

endolithic posted:

What the poo poo, guys. My state's politicians are banding together to beg a Republican nominee to step down and Don Lemon had to discuss pussy on the teevee.

thing mattered

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Roland Jones posted:

On a more serious note, I feel bad for sexual assault survivors and the like who had to endure this, and the reactions to/defenses of it, all over the news and the Internet and stuff all day. I can personally laugh it off and take pleasure in how it's destroying Trump, but other people have been through worse and can't; I've already seen some sobering things said on Twitter and such on the subject. Trump and his enablers in the GOP need to be destroyed.

this.

as much as we like to talk about this in the abstract about how it's going to sink trump's campaign, this is rape culture at it's worst that enables behavior like this. for the 1 out of 4 of women who are survivors, hearing these comments replayed and talked about on the news repeatedly is going to make things way harder for them.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I predict that a week from now, the LA Times/USC Tracking poll will be tied.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/784625727446589440

I need Robby Mook to tell me what else they ahve on Trump because, uh, how much worse can it really loving be?

The real nuclear bomb would be if Clinton has copies of Trump and Ivana's divorce papers and they include writing that explicitly requires her to retract all claims regarding rape and any other abuse she suffered at Trump's tiny hands, with documentation detailing various incidents of alleged abuse and the injuries Ivana had from them.

Nothing short of "here's evidence Donald molested (his own) kids" would be able to top it since we've already seen the reports of his engaging in light treason via Iran/Cuba deals.

Needs a photoshopped version with a nazi Pepe in place of the swastika.

Samurai Sanders posted:

So no one is going to ask "Mr Trump, are you going to grab my pussy and make me do anything you want?"

Only if the person who handed them the mic isn't fast enough to react the moment the questioner goes off-script.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

So when this comes up at the debate, and he starts on Bill's women problems and Hillary's possible involvement, where does it go from there? I'm sure she has detailed plans to deal with it but I can't immediately think of what they are, given that we're talking about debating a clown here.

Just dismiss it with a sentence or two and then immediately pivot back into Trump because Trump's attacking from complete weakness here. They probably have a well workshopped full length response that they don't need that includes things like "I'm running against you Donny, not my husband" and "We've had tough times but we've weathered them" and other humanizing things to make him look like the bully he is.

It's actually going to be great because I genuinely think the Clintons have stuck together out of affection and not just pure ambition and so it's going to have authenticity to it, which is the one thing Clinton's weak on in popular perception.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nessus posted:

What the hell? Is Trump involved in some kind of rape trial for real? How the gently caress did I not know that. What is going on with this man!

Yes.

It's been off-and-on, being voluntarily dismissed in September 16th so they can add a new witness and refiled September 30th. Last I heard they were going to move forward for an October 14th court date, but that may have changed due to the refiling.

BTW, Trump's wonderful words about Epstein from a New Yorker article.

quote:

Epstein likes to tell people that he's a loner, a man who's never touched alcohol or drugs, and one whose nightlife is far from energetic. And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Also, here's part of the plantiff's case. You'll notice something really skeevy while reading, not just the rape and sexual abuse...

quote:

I traveled by bus to New York City in June 1994 in the hope of starting a modeling career. I went to several modeling agencies but was told that I needed to put together a modeling portfolio before I would be considered. I then went to the Port Authority in New York City to start to make my way back home. There I met a woman who introduced herself to me as Tiffany. She told me about the parties and said that, if I would join her at the parties, I would be introduced to people who could get me into the modeling profession. Tiffany also told me I would be paid for attending.

The parties were held at a New York City residence that was being used by Defendant Jeffrey Epstein. Each of the parties had other minor females and a number of guests of Mr. Epstein, including Defendant Donald Trump at four of the parties I attended. I understood that both Mr. Trump and Mr. Epstein knew I was 13 years old.

Defendant Trump had sexual contact with me at four different parties in the summer of 1994. On the fourth and fnial sexual encounter with Defendant Trump, Defendant Trump tied me to a bed, exposed himself to me, and then proceeded to forcibly rape me. During the course of this savage sexual attack, I loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to stop but he did not. Defendant Trump responded to my pleas by violently striking me in the face with his open hand and screaming that he would do whatever he wanted,

Immediately following this rape, Defendant Trump threatened me that, were I ever to reveal any of the details of Defendant Trump's sexual and physical abuse of me, my family and I wold be physically harmed if not killed.

Yes, "Tiffany" is one of the witness.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Evil Fluffy posted:

Needs a photoshopped version with a nazi Pepe in place of the swastika.

I support this. Same with a corncob.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Evil Fluffy posted:

The real nuclear bomb would be if Clinton has copies of Trump and Ivana's divorce papers and they include writing that explicitly requires her to retract all claims regarding rape and any other abuse she suffered at Trump's tiny hands, with documentation detailing various incidents of alleged abuse and the injuries Ivana had from them.

Nothing short of "here's evidence Donald molested (his own) kids" would be able to top it since we've already seen the reports of his engaging in light treason via Iran/Cuba deals.
Video of Trump putting his hands on Apprentice contestants. That's my bet for the final nuke.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

isildur posted:

Video of Trump putting his hands on Apprentice contestants. That's my bet for the final nuke.

Its going to be this

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

thing mattered

Now I'm picturing Trump transforming into the Thing on Sunday while Anderson Cooper makes his concerned face.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So Hillary's long journey to the White House is gonna come to a close with her beating a literal actual rapist in the presidential election.
Huh.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
As bad as Trump's melting down right now I can't help but be lightly arzying that things are looking too lopsided and somehow Clinton is going to gently caress up at the debate in some manner. Maybe it's just from how poorly Kaine looked being way too eager to be on the attack.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Augus posted:

So Hillary's long journey to the White House is gonna come to a close with her beating a literal actual rapist in the presidential election.
Huh.

Is this... is this the feel-good movie of the year timeline?

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Each new scandal makes this better.

Augus posted:

Huh.
It's a metaphor for every woman's rise through the ranks of male authority.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Even in the face of a landslide, a tiny bit of Arzying that's just enough to turn "Nah, not gonna bother to vote" into "I better make sure I can vote" is fine.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'm in a state that will never in a million years go for Clinton planned from the start to vote. I'm kind of hoping some sort of follow up story breaks tomorrow though just to guarantee Trump spends the night before the debate up until 5am coked up and tweeting.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Bushiz posted:

Sure, but, like, how?

I'll admit to have had the same though in 08 and 12 but how does it go somewhere from here. What the gently caress does 2020 look like where it out does this loving election.

Electoral college tie. 269-269

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Zerilan posted:

I'm in a state that will never in a million years go for Clinton planned from the start to vote. I'm kind of hoping some sort of follow up story breaks tomorrow though just to guarantee Trump spends the night before the debate up until 5am coked up and tweeting.
Trump Clarifies He Meant A Kind Of Cupping Motion, Not The Ol' Fishhook

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

endolithic posted:

Remember when all the horrible poo poo was happening and everyone said that it's because we're living in the worst universe?

They were wrong. We're actually living in the best one.

Nessus posted:

Trump Clarifies He Meant A Kind Of Cupping Motion, Not The Ol' Fishhook

Finger in the front, thumb in the back, I grope all woman like a 6-pack. :smugdon:

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 8, 2016

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Bushiz posted:

Sure, but, like, how?

I'll admit to have had the same though in 08 and 12 but how does it go somewhere from here. What the gently caress does 2020 look like where it out does this loving election.

In a 7-2 decision, the republican party is officially declared a hate group.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Augus posted:

Huh.
Yeah it's like something out of a storybook. Kids generations from now are not going to believe it actually went down that way.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sexual assault is super serious business, but I am dying at this:

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/784615850930237440

Someone please tell me it's okay I'm laughing. Those FACES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

the big theme on r/The_Donald/ right now is that Trump's playing 4D chess because now he can go after Bill Clinton, who they all believe to be a statutory rapist

it's a study in cognitive dissonance

edit: I didn't know I had a ceiling for how many times I can read "cuck" in one sitting, but here we are

I can't do this anymore
You have to remember that a bunch of Anti-Clinton people are not anti-Clinton for sane reasons - instead that they believe that the Clintons have literally orchestrated the murders of dozens of political opponents in a campaign of death going back over 40 years.

• Locked thread