Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.
I got rocked. drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I am down three dollars after throwing money all over the board.

I was so confident in Religious Liberty. It was so close.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm still mostly amazed 'Clinton Foundation' hit but not 'Trump Foundation' honestly.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

I'm still mostly amazed 'Clinton Foundation' hit but not 'Trump Foundation' honestly.

Kaine specifically mentioned the Trump Foundation during the debate.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

fishmech posted:

Kaine specifically mentioned the Trump Foundation during the debate.

Correct. But had to be the moderator for those markets to hit. Mod mentioned Clinton Foundation, but not the Trump Foundation.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
The no's on this next debate seem even more likely. I dunno if I'm up for more "all the no's" strategy!

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

The Trump Pants on Fire market is clearly still traumatized by what happened last month. 3 days out (with 2 of them being Saturday and Sunday where I doubt anything will happen) and B5 is still trading under 80.

https://www.predictit.org/Market/2427/How-many-totally-false-statements-will-Trump-make-in-September

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zeta Taskforce posted:

The Trump Pants on Fire market is clearly still traumatized by what happened last month. 3 days out (with 2 of them being Saturday and Sunday where I doubt anything will happen) and B5 is still trading under 80.

https://www.predictit.org/Market/2427/How-many-totally-false-statements-will-Trump-make-in-September

lol if you take this bet

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Platystemon posted:

lol if you take this bet

I've got $20 on it. See if I can turn it into $25

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug
"She's been fighting ISIS her entire adult life" and claiming a public figure has a sex tape when she doesn't. I wouldn't touch "3 or fewer" til 11:55pm on the final day, and even then maybe not.

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug
It looks like the Nobel Peace Prize market broke PI. I guess they've never had a market resolve all NO before?

A very contentious Gallup market closes in less than an hour. I wonder what they'll do if no one can trade before the results.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Raivin posted:

"She's been fighting ISIS her entire adult life" and claiming a public figure has a sex tape when she doesn't. I wouldn't touch "3 or fewer" til 11:55pm on the final day, and even then maybe not.

I'm selling if it spikes to 95 but "fighting ISIS her entire adult life" is so absurd and was more a misspeak by a guy who was flustered at a debate. Sex tape is ambiguous enough that I don't think it rises to POF. There isn't a sex tape but there is footage of her probably having sex at night under covers on that Spanish big brother knockoff. Enough for it to be rated "mostly false" but not POF.

Not betting the farm but I like my chances in the 75-80 range.

Raivin posted:

It looks like the Nobel Peace Prize market broke PI. I guess they've never had a market resolve all NO before?

A very contentious Gallup market closes in less than an hour. I wonder what they'll do if no one can trade before the results.

So that's what happened? Last year they had a none of the above. I was going to pick that one but couldn't find it. Dumb oversight on their part

Zeta Taskforce has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Oct 7, 2016

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Raivin posted:

Didn't the $10 bill market resolve all-no?

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug

Necc0 posted:

Maybe, not sure. Before the site went down fully, the Maintenance message blamed their closing of the Nobel market affecting other things.

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug

Zeta Taskforce posted:

So that's what happened? Last year they had a none of the above. I was going to pick that one but couldn't find it. Dumb oversight on their part

They also had a "Multiple of these" contract which would resolve Yes if there were multiple winners spanning two or more of the existing contracts. Really weird. I made some nice money neg-risking the whole lot of them.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Necc0 posted:

Isnt that still kicking around with all of them trading at 2 cents?

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

I had a bunch of 97-98c no's in that market before the site went down and we all lost all our money.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

trap sprung, all the nerd money stolen right before the election.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FYI site is back up. You have a little time to cancel any orders you need to before trading begins proper.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Holy moly looks like Trump's 'Carpe Vulvae' comment is causing the biggest swing I've ever seen in the USPREZ market

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I'm already maxed on a lot of the "who will be prez markets," but I threw some more into "Will a woman be the next POTUS"? Also threw a small bit of lottery money at Georgia, ME-02, and some money at Ohio, though I don't think the last one is a lottery ticket really.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BoA offered me a $150 credit if I spent $500 on the BoA credit card I never use.

So obviously I bought back in for $500.

Looks like I chose a good time.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

What markets are you in now?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

What markets are you in now?

Just scooping up a limited selection of the debate noes at this point.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I think you have to look at today's events as a turning point but which way it goes drastically changes your strategy:

a) If you think the media will continue to hammer Trump with more and more of these gaffes from years ago, then the sky's the limit when it comes to Hillary's EV count. Some good but risky picks for Democratic wins are probably Iowa, Ohio, and NE-02. I do not think that North Carolina at 75 is a very good pick.

b) If you think the media will encourage a horse race narrative, then this is the time to buy Republican states at low prices. This is what I think will happen and since I was able to sell Virginia.DEM.YES at 90c, I picked up some Arizona, Georgia, Texas, and Utah shares for Republicans to win.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I want to say that Trump has pushed things even too far for our bottom-feeding media but they've never failed to disappoint me before so idk.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Necc0 posted:

I want to say that Trump has pushed things even too far for our bottom-feeding media but they've never failed to disappoint me before so idk.

To look at it objectively, these are the same things he has been saying all election cycle, his entire life really. The only difference is that this time, he apologized.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

This isn't the thread to debate Trump but he has never said "grab them by the pussy" before. He's been misogynistic but this is proof that is impossible to refute. This is going to move the needle, though probably not 1984 levels.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
The only questions that matter are a) if the media thinks staying on the attack will help ratings or not and; b) if there are enough voters in swing states (or lean republican states) who didn't care before and will care now enough to swing their vote.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Utah Congressman went on multiple networks to say he can't vote for Trump. There's a good chance that we will see a considerable increase in lean-right voters staying home and the major networks are going to milk this for a while, asking every republican they can get on the air if they still endorse Trump. Then there will inevitably be more poo poo released. We aren't in Alabama going blue territory but the map is not where it was a few weeks ago.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Which states do you disagree with me up there? Utah?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I don't think Ohio and Iowa are a lock but I think "risky" is an exaggeration.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

EngineerSean posted:

The only questions that matter are a) if the media thinks staying on the attack will help ratings or not and; b) if there are enough voters in swing states (or lean republican states) who didn't care before and will care now enough to swing their vote.

From what it sounds like camp Hillary is just getting started so they'll probably be able to keep the news fed with the freshest scandals all month. What's uncertain is I can't think of another election that melted down like this to use as a reference so actually betting on outcomes becomes pretty difficult.

It's obvious that Trump's campaign is over but I'm totally clueless if he's gonna do slightly worse than Romney or get Mondale'd.

BigBobio
May 1, 2009
Any thoughts on the supreme court markets w/ the Trump implosion? If the thinking is that the Senate will bring Garland's appointment to vote after a Clinton win, then it's a decent bet at a good price compared to the POTUS markets. But McConell et al have said otherwise, stating no vote at all. But I wonder how much of that from Senate Republicans is pre-election talk

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think they're full of poo poo and will vote on him, but I'm not willing to back that up with cash.

I want to know how the post-debate WUSL poll will go. Like I'm almost positive Clinton will give a better performance, but it is Missouri.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Lol. 370.REPPREZ16 is still at 8 cents, again proving that PredictIt can't really be used as a measure of probability. Only small-change suckers like me want their money tied up for months at a time.

Bet you're feeling pretty good now. Even if it doesn't close at "YES", you bought those at the exact right time.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
So does anyone else think Trump mentioning "Broaddrick" the lock of the century?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

huge pile of hamburger posted:

So does anyone else think Trump mentioning "Broaddrick" the lock of the century?

I actually am considering getting on the other side of that. There's a fairly strong chance that Trump talks about it in generalities rather than uses specific names.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Concerned Citizen posted:

I actually am considering getting on the other side of that. There's a fairly strong chance that Trump talks about it in generalities rather than uses specific names.

He's already RTed about her specifically, he can't dodge it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

skaboomizzy posted:

He's already RTed about her specifically, he can't dodge it.

It's not about dodging it, it's just that he's not a person who ever talks specifics at all, especially when under pressure. It would not be out of character for him to avoid using the exact word in favor of a broader attack on Hillary "enabling" Bill's abuse.

• Locked thread