Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

zonohedron posted:

All of the questions could be things like, "Mr. Trump, are horsies pretty?" and it wouldn't help. :getin:

"I'd grab them horsies by their pussies. Oh wait I can't say that anymore. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
"Don't tell me you're offended by me saying pussy"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-pussy-cnn_us_57f87b4de4b068ecb5debf89?section=&

It's really amazing.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 8, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

I hope he lives a long, full life knowing deep inside that he is a loser that no one will ever take seriously again. I want this election to be his waking nightmare, haunting every dim corner of his life.

to quote leonidas the first - "may you live forever"

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Assuming Trump loses, following him post election is going to be the absolutely greatest thing.

Like I still think Trump started running as a lark, but somewhere along the way someone sold him on the idea he could win. His entire being is wrapped up in this now. Assuming he loses his personal fallout would be incredible, especially since you know he STILL won't be able to keep himself out of the public eye.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Papers in the Twin Cities pulling no punches

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zonohedron posted:

Whoever's curating the questions will very carefully make sure that none of the audience questions have anything to do with grabbing anyone by the anywhere, or anything that could be construed as having anything to do with anything like that. I'm almost certain that the moderator won't bring up the video either. But that doesn't matter, because Trump does not do "answering the actual question", "staying on topic", or "not going into a rage when he doesn't get applause and cheering" very well. He was forced to apologize for the contents of the video and he couldn't even go for a standard politician non-apology - he had to mention that Bill Clinton (who isn't even the one running for president!) is worse. His supporters are desperately focusing on the language being naughty and just as desperately trying to avoid having to notice that he was bragging about actually committing sexual assault.

According to this article from all of eighteen hours ago, "Trump's handlers [succeeded] at getting the candidate to participate Thursday in simulation of Sunday's debate. The results were not promising: Even with a friendly moderator gently lobbing softball questions in front of a hand-picked audience, Trump struggled to stick to talking points, and lasted less than a third of the time he will be on stage Sunday. And in those scant 30 minutes, Trump managed to insult no fewer than ten people, places and things."

All of the questions could be things like, "Mr. Trump, are horsies pretty?" and it wouldn't help. :getin:

In this town hall debate, can the participants talk back to the candidates? Like if Trump goes off topic, can they themselves ask them to get back on track? I know that Anderson Cooper is there as moderator, but I want some town hall participant to get furious at Trump at his inability to answer questions, resulting in Trump lashing out and taking a swing at a voter.

The dream scenario is that hypothetical voter is like one of those guys "bully/internet tough guy gets what's coming" videos, blocks or moves out of the way of Trump's swing and knocks him out in one punch.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Trying to think of the Trump mindset right now, basically he's angry that his words are being treated this way when Bill Clinton has been doing all these awful things. So the town hall be damned, he is going to go there and set the record straight and prove that Hillary is the real monster here, not him, and he's then going to win the election.

trash person posted:

Assuming Trump loses, following him post election is going to be the absolutely greatest thing.

Like I still think Trump started running as a lark, but somewhere along the way someone sold him on the idea he could win. His entire being is wrapped up in this now. Assuming he loses his personal fallout would be incredible, especially since you know he STILL won't be able to keep himself out of the public eye.

Yeah when we think of life after the election and the GOP weaselling away from Trump, we are kind of forgetting that Trump is probably still going to be there, talking on TV with "Republican Presidential nominee, 2016" on the screen.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Trump could recover pretty easily by simply not having a disasterous performance on sunday, because expectations are so impossibly low right now. Like, if he just kept repeating the same three soundbites over and over and didn't dive for the world's most obvious bait the moment it showed up, we'd be back in the horserace by tuesday. But he will have a disasterous performance in the debate. It will be historically bad. Conway and Bannon's best realistic hopes for the debate are that Trump refrains from saying something about how "Women don't like to admit it, but they like being treated that way"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Aren't all the questions at this town hall debate already vetted.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Clinton can somehow sneak a parent with a baby into the town hall...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hollismason posted:

Yep, it's unlikely any questions would be related except pure coincidence.

That being said, Trump has to defend his comments and/or apologize at the debate. There's no better venue for it.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Michelle Bachman is deny deny deny mode on CNN right now. Literally will not address it and just tries to keep talking about Clinton

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hollismason posted:

I dunno how this won't stop some brave soul going, "Mr. Trump, you mentioned trade deals in the last debate, how do you feel about GRABBING PUSSIES PUSSY GRAB GRAB GRAB GRAB PUSSY" until their mic is cut off?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://soundcloud.com/therealmikedean/grab-em-by-da-pussy-mike-dean-mwa

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So both camps know going in before the debate what the questions will be from audience members.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

ColdPie posted:

Papers in the Twin Cities pulling no punches

Wasn't Minnesota one of the states he was inexplicably wasting time in over the summer?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bushiz posted:

Trump could recover pretty easily by simply not having a disasterous performance on sunday, because expectations are so impossibly low right now. Like, if he just kept repeating the same three soundbites over and over and didn't dive for the world's most obvious bait the moment it showed up, we'd be back in the horserace by tuesday. But he will have a disasterous performance in the debate. It will be historically bad. Conway and Bannon's best realistic hopes for the debate are that Trump refrains from saying something about how "Women don't like to admit it, but they like being treated that way"

We may actually be past the point of a horserace narrative resurgence, here. Like, if this bomb had dropped a week ago then maybe people would have cooled off long enough to resume the status quo, but as it stands, nearly everyone on both sides of the aisle will be baying for Trump's blood going in and coming out of the debate. No matter what he does, a sizable portion of the Very Serious People will find a reason to point at him and go "this guy loving sucks!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
We can only hope he goes into full on meltdown Sunday night that's what I want for my bday. For him to just lose it and start attacking Clinton claiming she murdered Vince Foster and all kinds of crazy poo poo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hollismason posted:

So both camps know going in before the debate what the questions will be from audience members.

I was under the impression that the moderators know but not the campaigns.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

I dunno how this won't stop some brave soul going, "Mr. Trump, you mentioned trade deals in the last debate, how do you feel about GRABBING PUSSIES PUSSY GRAB GRAB GRAB GRAB PUSSY" until their mic is cut off?

Theres going to be a 10 sec delay on the video feed and they will cut The feed the second this happens.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Baba booey baba booey!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm seeing the words gently caress and pussy in the media everywhere, have we as a nation decided overnight that this is now ok? Did Trump just MAGA?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trumps not going to be meek at the debate over this he'll straight up start attacking Clinton out of the gate because that's what Roy Cohn would have told him to do and he's always followed the Roy Cohn school of attack attack attack.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
oops.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hollismason posted:

"Don't tell me you're offended by me saying pussy"

blob:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/f648b8d5-0304-4eb8-a549-1ce376c773a1

It's really amazing.

It's now a 404.

Question: Since it was somewhat confirmed that the chick he was talking about is Nancy O'Dell, has she as of yet made a statement?

Also, if there is one more relevant thing that the oppo research can drop, it had better be tonight around 9pm. That way Trump will be up all night and be in terrible shape for the debate.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

nachos posted:

I'm seeing the words gently caress and pussy in the media everywhere, have we as a nation decided overnight that this is now ok? Did Trump just MAGA?

Are you getting the vapors or something time traveler from Victorian era?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Bushiz posted:

Trump could recover pretty easily by simply not having a disasterous performance on sunday, because expectations are so impossibly low right now. Like, if he just kept repeating the same three soundbites over and over and didn't dive for the world's most obvious bait the moment it showed up, we'd be back in the horserace by tuesday.
No.

Expectations are low, but Trump has to pull off way more than a "win" here. Hillary has to make a major error that's big enough to re-focus the media on her for the next few weeks.

This means something damning coming out of the new leaked Wall Street transcripts, or her completely whiffing when Trump goes on the attack about Bill being a rapist and her enabling him. Already, the new wikileaks thing seems to be dying out, and I'm sure Hillary has been prepared for the Bill accusations for months.

So Trump has quite a feat to pull off just to get back to where he was a few weeks ago when he was still projected to lose.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
I would like everyone to remember that Anderson Cooper got into an on-air fight (that he won) with Pam Bondi over her office's hypocrisy back in June

Pam "Trump University is totally legal and above board and I don't know how that $25,000 got into my PAC's bank account" Bondi

:)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Also Every person in the audience is registered by name and is 200% aware that obstructing the debate is at the very least going to get them sued.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Doctor Butts posted:

It's now a 404.

Question: Since it was somewhat confirmed that the chick he was talking about is Nancy O'Dell, has she as of yet made a statement?

Also, if there is one more relevant thing that the oppo research can drop, it had better be tonight around 9pm. That way Trump will be up all night and be in terrible shape for the debate.

I think I fixed the link.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Teddybear posted:

I was under the impression that the moderators know but not the campaigns.

This is correct, AFAIK. Anderson knows the questions and curates/vets them for topics he is interested in or thinks are relevant, and the campaigns have approximate knowledge of popular types of questions to sorta prepare, but not enough to blatantly know exactly what will be asked

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

We may actually be past the point of a horserace narrative resurgence, here. Like, if this bomb had dropped a week ago then maybe people would have cooled off long enough to resume the status quo, but as it stands, nearly everyone on both sides of the aisle will be baying for Trump's blood going in and coming out of the debate. No matter what he does, a sizable portion of the Very Serious People will find a reason to point at him and go "this guy loving sucks!"

Maybe, but look at this thread. We're all salivating at the thought of whatever his meltdown on sunday will be. Every newsroom in the country is drafting pieces about potential outcomes, and none of them are good. We're all expecting something insane and poetic. If Conway wheels him out with an IV drip of ketamine and he mumbles his way through the most scripted, irrelevant talking points, we'll need something to keep up the current feeding frenzy. There's too much anticipation around the debate.

If he does what we all know he will do, because he is Donald Trump, though, by Wednesday CNN will be asking his surrogates if they regret having ever worked with him.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

If Clinton doesn't screw up and just plays her hand conservatively until Nov 8th she's going to win, at this point it's just a matter of trying to push it into landslide territory and gaining seats in Congress to make her first four years worth a drat.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i said it better.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
Don't forget not al the questions are coming from the audience. The moderators are allowed some questions of their own, and how this couldn't make it on either moderator's list defies logic.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Antti posted:

If Clinton doesn't screw up and just plays her hand conservatively until Nov 8th she's going to win, at this point it's just a matter of trying to push it into landslide territory and gaining seats in Congress to make her first four years worth a drat.

This was true on Wednesday. Right now we're at Landslide territory and looking towards a goldwater-esque thrashing.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Bushiz posted:

This was true on Wednesday. Right now we're at Landslide territory and looking towards a goldwater-esque thrashing.

I'm going to wait for some polls before I agree with that.

But now we'll finally find out what his floor is!

Edit: \/ fair enough.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Antti posted:

Really, only the first two years. Democrats are expected to get absolutely clobbered in the mid-term elections.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crows Turn Off posted:

Really, only the first two years. Democrats are expected to get absolutely clobbered in the mid-term elections.

Hopefully they can manage to organize themselves enough to make those two years count before the elder horde get to vote in their guy's back as revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

GetWellGamers posted:

Don't forget not al the questions are coming from the audience. The moderators are allowed some questions of their own, and how this couldn't make it on either moderator's list defies logic.

If there isn't a question about this at the debates, there will be a social media shitstorm that will make things even worse as the narrative shifts to the media trying to cover for Trump.

• Locked thread