Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Geostomp posted:

Hopefully they can manage to organize themselves enough to make those two years count before the elder horde get to vote in their guy's back as revenge.

Yeah this went so well last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I am looking forward to Trump pointing out that Hillary support abortions when a video of him drop kicking a baby emerges.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
When Trump won the primary I said Hillary had pulled off The Full McCaskill on a Presidential level. I may have undersold it. Trump is actually a worse candidate than Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin. :stare:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I don't know why there are so many female Trump surrogates on my TV and yet at no point have they been asked if they think Trump (or any man) has the right to grab them by the pussy, nor asked what they would do if Trump (or any other man) grabbed them by the pussy, nor how they would feel if Trump or another man grabbed them by the pussy.

Why are anchors avoiding these obvious questions? Make these disgusting shills defend their awful candidate and his deplorable behaviour, don't let them tack and then prattle on about jobs and terrorism.

EDIT: And also all these (mainly Republican) men phrasing their disapproval in terms of "I'm a father/grandfather/brother/husband/etc. therefore..." is also creeping me the gently caress out. It reads awfully like "I have some womenfolk as property, and I am very worried about a man doing damage to that property." Like, maybe we could just all be against sexual assault just because it's abhorrent and disgusting, not because it could affect you personally if it happened to a woman you care about.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 8, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/784767399442653184

:laffo:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

PT6A posted:

I don't know why there are so many female Trump surrogates on my TV and yet at no point have they been asked if they think Trump (or any man) has the right to grab them by the pussy, nor asked what they would do if Trump (or any other man) grabbed them by the pussy, nor how they would feel if Trump or another man grabbed them by the pussy.

Why are anchors avoiding these obvious questions? Make these disgusting shills defend their awful candidate and his deplorable behaviour, don't let them tack and then prattle on about jobs and terrorism.

If they go too far the Trump reps can just shrug them off as being Hilary shills. Asking objective flat unemotionally driven questions gets the point across better to the viewer. It also plays well on TV when someone asks someone a question and that person just ignores it completely and rambles about something else.

Related, I appreciate Hurricane Matthew backing off to really let Pussygate breathe

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

edrith posted:

I would like everyone to remember that Anderson Cooper got into an on-air fight (that he won) with Pam Bondi over her office's hypocrisy back in June

Pam "Trump University is totally legal and above board and I don't know how that $25,000 got into my PAC's bank account" Bondi

:)

Anderson Cooper dunking on Bondi for her anti-gay comments is always :shlick: worthy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkSUE7esjG8

It's been an interesting two weeks, Donald :getin:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

My Mom keeps bringing up Ben Clinton inserting a cigar up some girls anus. Can someone here tell me what the deal is

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rincewinds posted:

I am looking forward to Trump pointing out that Hillary support abortions when a video of him drop kicking a baby emerges.

What's the worse equivalent of the birth certificate "debate"? Maybe it turns out that Donald was never born anywhere. He's an illusion and never existed. That's how the Republicans will justify kicking him off the ticket.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 8, 2016

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

*house catches fire, watches it burn down*

'This sure is an interesting predicament!'

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Sinners Sandwich posted:

My Mom keeps bringing up Ben Clinton inserting a cigar up some girls anus. Can someone here tell me what the deal is

He used a cigar as a dildo while he was having one of his affairs, as far as I know it was only used vaginally, but who really gives a gently caress? It disturbs me that anti-Clinton folks can't distinguish between Bill Clinton having ill-advised but consensual affairs and Trump sexually assaulting women and bragging about it.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Bill Clinton reportedly consensually put a cigar in Monica Lewinsky.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

dafuq is Ben Clinton

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

May you live in interesting times.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Chromatic posted:

So, what strategy does Trump take on Sunday? Does he go for the remorseful route, apologize, then plead that they stick to the issues? Or does he make it a marathon of low blow hail marys and throw anything to see if it sticks?

The remorseful route and showing a human side(or faking it) is probably the only way he can weather the storm that's going to hit him.

He's probably hosed anyway though.

He couldn't even get through a less-than-two-minute video statement without turning the apology into an attack. So make of that what you will.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PT6A posted:

EDIT: And also all these (mainly Republican) men phrasing their disapproval in terms of "I'm a father/grandfather/brother/husband/etc. therefore..." is also creeping me the gently caress out. It reads awfully like "I have some womenfolk as property, and I am very worried about a man doing damage to that property." Like, maybe we could just all be against sexual assault just because it's abhorrent and disgusting, not because it could affect you personally if it happened to a woman you care about.
This isn't really new. A lot of men are outright incapable of relating to women as people, they can only relate to them through themselves. You see it everywhere if you know how to look for it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Wow, what'd I miss?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

He's going to keep loving the chicken, despite the fact that chickens have no pussy to grab so hes gonna have to improvise

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That's what makes this so amazing. That's absolutely what they need to do, but they can't. They have to resign themselves to watching him desperately flail around on stage and make everything worse and their best hope is getting started on planning the damage control early.

They can't because the Secret Service will straight up break anyone who tried holding Trump against his will. This is the protection service that has bulletproof SUVs with minigun turrets, among other toys. The SS fucks up and loves its hookers and blow but they would make a messy example of anyone that tries to force Trump to stay out of a situation that isn't life-threatening. Stopping Trump from running in to a literal burning building? Sure. Stopping him from running in to a metaphorical burning building on Sunday? Noooooooope.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What happens if Trump doesn't show? Yeah, I know he sounded committed in his so-called apology video but what if he figures that he's not going to risk the humiliation and sit this out?

BTW, Erin Burnett on CNN relaying the story of a friend who was supposedly uncomfortably approached by Trump. This happened in 2010.
https://twitter.com/OutFrontCNN/status/784546602270744576

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

This isn't really new. A lot of men are outright incapable of relating to women as people, they can only relate to them through themselves. You see it everywhere if you know how to look for it.

Oh yeah, I know that, sadly, this is not a new attitude, it just pisses me off and creeps me out whenever I see it displayed so obviously.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I hope Hillary is ready for when Trump opens the debate by issuing a blanket apology to all women for all of his comments, and then challenges her to get up and apologize for Bill.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also matthew is category 1 now, so that's good news

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

TyrantWD posted:

I hope Hillary is ready for when Trump opens the debate by issuing a blanket apology to all women for all of his comments, and then challenges her to get up and apologize for Bill.

That would require Trump to apologize.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

nachos posted:

I'm seeing the words gently caress and pussy in the media everywhere, have we as a nation decided overnight that this is now ok? Did Trump just MAGA?

The pussy dam was breached a few years ago when Pussy Riot was a major story.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So uh, what the hell happened since 11pm to make the thread jump 1000 posts?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/784767614589415424

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

I don't see why the GOP would want Trump to drop out. It would cause chaos and would not help the cause at all; there's not enough time. Ballots already have his name, and even if the GOP as a whole went out and said like, "Write in Marco Rubio!" it wouldn't do anything. Plenty of people would still vote Trump. It would just split their base.

I mean I guess it could help their downticket ballots but even then I don't think it would. It's too late and they're all tethered to Trump at this point.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

It amuses me that my parents get the WSJ (they don't even read it, they actually tried to cancel their subscription years ago but it still keeps coming) so I can get a lovely peak into the world of the conservative and rich.

Trump's statements barely make it onto the front page. There's just a tiny blurb and a picture on the front page saying "Uh, yeah, Trump did something bad, go check A4", and then the article is only a single column not even the length of the page trying to play it off as "locker room language." Best part is that the WSJ doesn't do a Sunday edition so this is going to keep exploding and getting worse all day (I wouldn't be surprised if there was another horrible tape or two released by the time I get off work) and the WSJ won't be able to react until after the debate.

Speaking of the debate, how bad are we betting the meltdown is going to be? Is Trump going to surpass Chernobyl by melting down so hard he actually reaches the water table?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Trump literally said "I apologize if anyone was offended."

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

trash person posted:

I don't see why the GOP would want Trump to drop out. It would cause chaos and would not help the cause at all; there's not enough time. Ballots already have his name, and even if the GOP as a whole went out and said like, "Write in Marco Rubio!" it wouldn't do anything. Plenty of people would still vote Trump. It would just split their base.

I mean I guess it could help their downticket ballots but even then I don't think it would. It's too late and they're all tethered to Trump at this point.

It would look like they're trying to save face.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mainstream media coverage of the pussy tape, mostly. And Trump's video response.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Filthy liberal dance party, basically

Young Freud posted:

What happens if Trump doesn't show? Yeah, I know he sounded committed in his so-called apology video but what if he figures that he's not going to risk the humiliation and sit this out?

BTW, Erin Burnett on CNN relaying the story of a friend who was supposedly uncomfortably approached by Trump. This happened in 2010.
https://twitter.com/OutFrontCNN/status/784546602270744576

:perfect:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

CascadeBeta posted:

It would look like they're trying to save face.

But what demographic does this serve? Or is it just a complete abandoning of this election cycle and setting up for 2020?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Not mad, red and nude online, laughing actually!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:psyduck: HOW CAN IT GET WORSE?

There really must be a n-word tape.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
One thing that really frustrates me about a lot of this is that parts of the media are calling it "lewd comments" and not "admitted sexual assault"

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

No, Clinton legitimately hosed up and praised her for raising AIDS awareness which is actually completely loving wrong. That was one of Clinton's few real screw ups this election.

Unless it was a deliberate blunder undertaken as the most expedient way to inject Nancy Reagan's dirty laundry into her own funeral coverage as a must-discuss point, because Hilldawg cares more about destroying the legacy of republicanism than her own ego...

But probably that first thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

WampaLord posted:

:psyduck: HOW CAN IT GET WORSE?

There really must be a n-word tape.

I just assume there is, at this point. I'm 99% sure Donald Trump has used that word regularly, if only in private; it's just a matter of tracking down another hot mic incident.

• Locked thread