Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Burn the Republican Party to the ground. It needs to die so that America may live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Let him tweet!
Let him tweeeert!

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

WampaLord posted:

:psyduck: HOW CAN IT GET WORSE?

There really must be a n-word tape.

It's gonna be a video of Trump in blackface.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

One thing that really frustrates me about a lot of this is that parts of the media are calling it "lewd comments" and not "admitted sexual assault"

I think it's a legal thing. Even though everyone knows it's sexual assault, it'd still open them up to liability.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

One thing that really frustrates me about a lot of this is that parts of the media are calling it "lewd comments" and not "admitted sexual assault"

Probably to avoid Trump suing.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

It might come up in the debate tomorrow. It's legitimate to be concerned about how Trump treats women, how a Trump administration would affect policy towards women, and how the general atmosphere at the White House would affect women. Especially in light of stuff like punishing women for abortion, Alicia Machado, and the Pussy comments. So I could see a question from, like a mother of 2 teenage daughters about misogyny and their future that can either have an off-the-cuff reference to pussygate, or that can be amended by Cooper to reference that.

I don't know anything about the debate tomorrow though, so this is just my fantasy.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

May you live in interesting times.

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/784638384639733760

WampaLord posted:

I had that thought last night, that there absolutely has to be an n-word tape somewhere. And then it came to me this morning: it's only October the 8th. We still have one more month of oppo research that could be dropped on us at any moment. This isn't the worst thing that Trump has said, and Pussyghazi is still incredibly damning.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Cannae got the Romans unfuck their poo poo and go on to scrape Carthage from the face of the earth.

Carrhae saw the dissolution of the triumvirate and the fall of the roman republic. I mean both are multi-hour orgies of blood but when you compare the fundamentals, Carrhae is the better analogy, right down to the amoral rich guy (Crassus was actually rich as hell though) getting clowned on in general and in detail, followed by the tense alliance between the remaining parts of his political gang shattering and literally throwing themselves at each other in a civil war.

Do we get to pour molten gold down Trump's throat at the end of this

speng31b
May 8, 2010

It'll be asked at the debate. Cooper will if nothing else.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
It will absolutely be brought up at the debate. Anderson 'fuckin' Cooper will not let it go without a mention.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Endorph posted:

also matthew is category 1 now, so that's good news

So what you are saying is that it was a "global warming" false flag and that Drudge was right?
Joking aside, I'm glad if the damage is less than expected.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Eeyo posted:

It might come up in the debate tomorrow. It's legitimate to be concerned about how Trump treats women, how a Trump administration would affect policy towards women, and how the general atmosphere at the White House would affect women. Especially in light of stuff like punishing women for abortion, Alicia Machado, and the Pussy comments. So I could see a question from, like a mother of 2 teenage daughters about misogyny and their future that can either have an off-the-cuff reference to pussygate, or that can be amended by Cooper to reference that.

I don't know anything about the debate tomorrow though, so this is just my fantasy.

Of course it will come up. You don't even need a question that close, Hillary will be happy to bring it up as long as she can tangentially relate it to what is being asked.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

trash person posted:

It will absolutely be brought up at the debate. Anderson 'fuckin' Cooper will not let it go without a mention.

It would not surprise me at all of he pulled out of the two remaining debates.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

WampaLord posted:

Of course it will come up. You don't even need a question that close, Hillary will be happy to bring it up as long as she can tangentially relate it to what is being asked.

Hell Trump will probably bring it up himself if nobody else does.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Covok posted:

Probably to avoid Trump suing.

I would like to see Trump sue a major news corporation. That would be really funny. He can't bully them with threat of tying them up in bankruptcy from legal fees.

I don't see how it's libel to say "Donald Trump brags about sexual assault" because that's literally what he did and you have videotaped proof. Still, it's more a matter of convenience than reluctance so they can avoid the headache and it's dumb.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Ann Coulter retweeted a Hilary Clinton tweet of Hilary with Pussy Riot, praising their courage.

Not sure if Coulter thinks the use of the word 'pussy' is peoples' problem with the Trump vid or if she is just broken and malfunctioning.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

... You know, I'd totally forgotten about the Central Park 5 stuff. And just yesterday morning I was thinking that would dominate the headlines for the next couple of days.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

First question on Sunday:

AUDIENCE MEMBER: What do you both plan to do about police violence in this country?

COOP: Secretary Clinton, two minutes.

CLINTON: First of all, DID YA'LL SEE THAT VIDEO OF TRUMP THAT GOT RELEASED A FEW DAYS AGO OH MY GOD. Second, I would like to thank Anderson Cooper for moderating this debate...

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

WampaLord posted:

Trump is a horrible piece of poo poo that thinks he can do no wrong. It can get exactly as bad as your wildest imaginings can imagine and I hope they release something equally or more horrid every day between now and the election, including something 15 minutes before the town hall tomorrow.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

lozzle posted:

It's gonna be a video of Trump in blackface.

An N-word tape, or trump in blackface would be way less damaging to his electoral hopes than Bengoochie, and would only be moderately worse than his comments about muslims and mexicans that he made the cornerstone of his campaign. Y'all are on the wrong track because you're thinking like sane people who don't already support donald trump.

There's a video of Donald laying hands on 8-13 year old tiffany and telling her she should have been aborted. That's the thing that moves this election from Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote to Nguyễn Ngọc Loan and Nguyễn Văn Lém.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

There's gonna be a video of Trump kid napping JonBenet Ramsey calling it now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

No, Clinton legitimately hosed up and praised her for raising AIDS awareness which is actually completely loving wrong. That was one of Clinton's few real screw ups this election.

She did that intentionally, though. It caused the media to poo poo all over Nancy during her funeral period while scrambling to throw a gotcha at Hillary, which she just brushed off with a "whoops, guess I was thinking of something else".

She's been a politician for almost three decades, she knew exactly what she was doing. If anything, it was one of the most brilliant actions she's taken during her campaign.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

CascadeBeta posted:

I think it's a legal thing. Even though everyone knows it's sexual assault, it'd still open them up to liability.

The next-next-next tipping point will be the collective media challenging Trump's claims that he has the best lawyers and that he will sue everyone.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The media calls it "Admitted Sexual Assault" and Trump sues whichever org. did so and ties them up in court for years.

They call it "Lewd Comments", and it's broad enough to cover the monstrous and abhorrent things Trump has said, without the room for litigious response.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Is this the October Surprise? Except jacked up by 1000? :stare:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

PT6A posted:

He used a cigar as a dildo while he was having one of his affairs, as far as I know it was only used vaginally, but who really gives a gently caress? It disturbs me that anti-Clinton folks can't distinguish between Bill Clinton having ill-advised but consensual affairs and Trump sexually assaulting women and bragging about it.

Devil's advocate here -- is it really consensual when the power dynamics are such that it's the president of the country and a intern? Would Roger Ailes have avoided any scrutiny and criticism if Gretchen Carlson had a good time at Fox News?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Help I've had an erection lasting more than four hours

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

It's an October Surprise, yes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

Trump had sex with Bill.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Carlosologist posted:

It is exceptionally likely this is just the first surprise of many.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

CascadeBeta posted:

It is basically impossible to prosecute a defamation case in america, and even more impossible if you are a public figure. The bar is insanely high. So much so that the Clintons would probably lose a hypothetical case where they sued Alex Jones for saying they killed Vince Foster.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

HOW does it get worse? Are there recordings of him with fuckin Epstein or something? :catstare:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Trump Campaign Staff RN

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The biggest October surprise will be the day when there's no new surprise.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Help I've had an erection lasting more than four hours

Don't worry, Trump's sex tape will soon make that disappear.

I wonder if he has orange pubes.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

It is exceptionally likely this is just the first surprise of many.

The first surprise was the 1 billion dollar loss in 1995, but that now feels like it was a month ago.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
October is the surprise.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol man poor wikileaks

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

WampaLord posted:

That would lose him half his black vote.

The only demographic he didn't really offend yet are old white male uneducated poor evangelic Christians.
So 30% of America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol man poor wikileaks

gently caress them

• Locked thread