Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

Hey, any lurkers, feel free to start posting here now cause a tape of Trump essentially admitting to sexual assault just dropped

Uh how is that sexual assault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh gosh, Huntsman and a few others are already calling for Trump to drop out

Alucard Nacirema posted:

quote:

I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy.

Reminder this man has been accused of rape. So evidently not everyone lets you do it. And that doesn't even say anything about wanting it. Meaning yes it is sexual assault.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alucard Nacirema posted:

"When you're a star, they let you do it" implies that he knows only gets away with it because he's rich and famous, that it makes the women he does this to uncomfortable and they wouldn't stand for it if his money and power weren't intimidating them.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Good Citizen posted:

Enhancing my previous toxx. :toxx: that Trump will drop out or through other means exit the nomination before Election Day.

Prepping for my victory lap

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Necc0 posted:

can someone post the modified trump tower gang tag? the one on fire begging for jeb to fix it

e: nvm found it

Jeb!

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
So is Hillary just gonna run away with the election now? Thats so lame I wanted a fight!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
So for folks who were wondering when we'd finally see a Clinton campaign oppo action...this is what it looks like. 48 hours before the second debate, tied into a planned release for the first debate. How's that for winning the weekend news cycle?!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Hillary taking a tour of the Trump Toxx thread

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ahaha holy poo poo. It's amazing how Trump can manage to hit the bottom of the barrel and keep digging, over and over. Hillary's campaign is eviscerating this fucker. And I got in on the winning Toxx side before the death knell too. :eyepop:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i've been playing through ace attorney trilogy lately and so i've got the cornered music from that playing in my head as all this goes down.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Feeling pretty good about my solid blue electoral map prediction atm.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

lozzle posted:

Shamelessly stolen from USPol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...27101&tid=ss_tw

woman_voter_outreach.mpg

That's not her hand, Donald nooooo

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Who could have imagined that a member of the Bush family would take him down after all?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My guacamole bowl runneth over

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Probably a yeast infection.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Looking like a pretty safe bet right now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I dunno maybe someone somehow can find a spurious file that looks like it might contain an email where hillary if you look at it the right way might be suggesting shes taken entirely legal but not entirely transparent steps to undermine her political opponents in what she believes is an ideological struggle that will mean life or death for people. that would be so terrible for her

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Wolfsheim posted:

Looking like a pretty safe bet right now

It's been a pretty safe bet the whole time. :ssh:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Al! posted:

I dunno maybe someone somehow can find a spurious file that looks like it might contain an email where hillary if you look at it the right way might be suggesting shes taken entirely legal but not entirely transparent steps to undermine her political opponents in what she believes is an ideological struggle that will mean life or death for people. that would be so terrible for her

Pls print

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Citizen posted:

Prepping for my victory lap
As much fun as that would be, that's just not going to happen.

First, Trump's not going to resign. Withdrawing now wouldn't be any different than losing the election, in terms of his public image and personal ego, and it's not like he's looking to keep the party happy so they'll help him with a comeback in some future election. This is his only shot at politics, one way or the other. Even from a business perspective, what does withdrawing now get him? It's not going to bring around all the people he's alienated, and all it would do is piss off that group that already loves him. If anything, he's strongly incentivized to stay in it until the bitter end, since at least that offers the possibility of Trump/Breitbart/Ailes media ventures after the election, which won't be possible if he alienates that core of his supporters who think that Fox News is too far to the left.

On the party side, the closest that Republican rules get to talking about an involuntary removal is to allow them to select a replacement candidate after some undefined event other than death or resignation happens, but it provides no mechanism to do the actual removal. The rule itself is pretty clearly just some broad language to cover a candidate leaving the race under goofy circumstances, like a Woodrow Wilson-style incapacitation. Even if the party apparatchiks all agreed that they do, in fact, have this power that is nowhere in the rules, how long would it take them to not only make the decision, but agree on who will take Trump's place? Obviously Pence would be the frontrunner, and perhaps prohibitive favorite, but even if they do get to him, and get there quickly, there's 30 days until the election. Even a half-day lost figuring this out is essential and irreplaceable time. And that assumes that Trump doesn't get his lawyers to challenge it in court, or get his loyalists to drag out the process...

And then there's the most important question, would they really be in a better position if they took him out involuntarily? Would all those hardcore Trumpkins still show up to vote, or would they spend election night on Twitter talking about the dolchstoss instead and giving the party a big middle finger at the polls? If Trump voluntarily stepped down, there's a narrow path that Pence could walk down that would marginally increase the chance of a Republican presidency, but if they take him out, it's hard to see how it doesn't also end up costing them the Senate and quite likely the House at that point. Remember, a modern ground game isn't about winning hearts and minds and getting people to jump to the other side, it's about turning out your base, and it's hard to see any way that taking Trump out involuntarily doesn't depress Republican turnout.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Whoever toxx'd at Hillary's worst poll numbers wins this thread. Ain't me

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Despera posted:

Whoever toxx'd at Hillary's worst poll numbers wins this thread. Ain't me
Me either. I got on the bandwagon at the end of the convention bump.

BluesShaman posted:

This is my first post on somethingawful.com.

The only toxx I could see on September 18 or 19, which is when Trump was less than a point behind Hillary.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
My greatest shame is not toxxing on page one.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

going by 538's now-cast it would have been right after the RNC but before the DNC.

that gives us the following people:

Nameless_Steve posted:

I don't think I toxxed for Hillary yet, but I should have a while ago.

But I don't want "Lying Crooked Hillary", I want this one I just made:

Because I still find this gaffe hillarious

super nailgun posted:

:toxx: for Clinton because if Trump wins I'll be too busy evading Real American death squads to care about being banned from an internet comedy forum.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I will toxx myself for clinton because if Trump wins I plan to move to rural Ireland and start a farm. I am dead serious about this and invite any and all advice on the subject.

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

:toxx: for Hilla-hilla-hillary.

This stupid thing has gotten me to break my long-standing vow to never participate in this nonsense, because I feel like I need to participate in this literal farce.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I toxxed on the first page, eat it

also, Trump is gonna get fuckin wrecked

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
What happens if she breaks 400 EVs? Do we unban Zoux?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
If anyone wanted a song to play while drinking deep on republican tears election night...

https://soundcloud.com/therealmikedean/grab-em-by-da-pussy-mike-dean-mwa

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-a-clinton-landslide-would-look-like/ :fap:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

bhsman posted:

What happens if she breaks 400 EVs? Do we unban Zoux?

The senate very quickly remembers that Merrick garland exists

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
DANG IT WHERE IS MY LYING CROOKED HILLARY TAG

I NEED IT NOW MORE THAN EVER

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

trammelled dump

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i think this is a p safe bet now

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
as is this at this point

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i just want a blue goddamn texas is that too much to ask!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the poo poo belt

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
im also very unironically glad that after all the poo poo that hillary clinton has taken from Good Ole Boys over her career, that her presidential campaign coincides with the point in time the republican partys' many differing bases finally go "alright gently caress you guys im out" to each other and she gets to rub the 400+ ev victory in the noses of everybody who told her to get back in the kitchen and make cookies the Men are politicsing over the past like 50 years

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

an unbroken path of blue states across the country that's all i want at this point

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia is gonna be blue and it's gonna feel so good

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

california update: still going blue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

Georgia is gonna be blue and it's gonna feel so good

Gonna party like it's 1992, motherfuckers

• Locked thread