Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

http://www.270towin.com/maps/BWWPA
I WANT TO BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Did anybody post this in here yet?

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/784614267383386112

Pretty good series of tweets with quotes/video of how what he says lines up with typical behavior of abusers. (have to click through to see them all)

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

happyhippy posted:

I have a 20 euro bet that Hannity utters the phrase 'Boys will be boys' over the next week about Trump.

"We men, you can assume."

- Derrick Rose

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

iospace posted:

If we're gonna go all in, I'd probably swap Alaska with South Carolina. Maybe turn Mississippi blue too.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

Texas going blue would be the death knell of the GOP, right?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bad boy in the boy band posted:

I wonder if in the next 2-4 years a well-organized third party could make some noise. I'm not saying they'd win anything in 2018 or even 2020, but maybe get to 15-20% nationally to really make people take notice and let people know there's another realistic option out there.

because of the way first-past-the-post and the electoral college works, the united states strongly preferences the simplest possible party system, which is two parties. a successful third party ends up absorbed into one of the larger parties, a very successful thirt party ends up replacing one of the larger parties. until voting reform is enacted the stable equilibrium of parties in the us is two parties

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Here's a question for y'all - let's say you're Hillary Clinton's debate coach. How would you advise her to handle Trump in the next debate? How would you advise her to respond if Trump starts throwing out the accusations against her and her husband that he mentioned in last night's "apology" video?

She should just start to list the names of all the Republicans who are disavowing Trump. Maybe even throw in quotes from them or their tweets.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

fade5 posted:

ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN (and his hundreds of concubines).

Also that whole thing with Bathsheba.

What I'm trying to say is that the comparison to David is an decent one, but that it says much more about David than it does about Trump.

King David also lived 3000 years ago.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It might be time to start reviewing this article.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-a-clinton-landslide-would-look-like/

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Pakled posted:

If it stays blue, yeah. NY, Cali, and Texas would be a drat near impenetrable firewall.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Pretty good series of tweets with quotes/video of how what he says lines up with typical behavior of abusers. (have to click through to see them all)

College intro psych classes are going to get so much mileage out of this campaign next year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bushiz posted:

Polling from Donald's Bad August had Hispanics at 68/27 in the head-to-head, so he'll probably have to do something new to piss them off to see it push to 80.

How about bad mouthing a hispanic Ms Universe contestant?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Glen Beck is a more reasonable human being then the Republican nominee for president of the United States of America.

Glen goddamn Beck.

That's all I wanted to point out.

That and if I was Hillary I would be so relaxed right now. Not because victory is assured, but because if she loses nobody would ever blame her for a second, because she would just be the victim of mass insanity at this point.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Here's a question for y'all - let's say you're Hillary Clinton's debate coach. How would you advise her to handle Trump in the next debate? How would you advise her to respond if Trump starts throwing out the accusations against her and her husband that he mentioned in last night's "apology" video?

Pretty sure even before the 1st debate one of the Trump proxies was told "Just scream the seaward, get up in her face and have the 'angry spit spray.' Go nuts!"

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 8, 2016

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Zophar posted:

King David also lived 3000 years ago.

Exactly! It was a long time ago! Get over it!

Now those Sumerians...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GarudaPrime posted:

Glen Beck is a more reasonable human being then the Republican nominee for president of the United States of America.

Glen goddamn Beck.

That's all I wanted to point out.

That and if I was Hillary I would be so relaxed right now. Not because victory is assured, but because if she loses nobody would ever blame her for a second, because she would just be the victim of mass insanity at this point.

He's not. He's just a different brand of lunatic.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-kasich/a-statement-from-gov-john-kasich/10153801616655933
https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/784803865723965440

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

mcmagic posted:

He's not. He's just a different brand of lunatic.

Glenn Beck thinks that Black Lives Matter protesters have a point and should be listened to.

He is a more reasonable human being than Donald Trump.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

iospace posted:

Yeah, there's no way Texas goes blue. Jesus Christ himself could come back to earth, run for president, and wouldn't win Texas because he has a D next to his name.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Party Plane Jones posted:

I keep making jokes about this election and jumping for joy that he is getting his comeuppance but for real, Trump is a completely disgusting human being

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
(((King David)))

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mcmagic posted:

http://jezebel.com/trump-tried-to-g...dium=socialflow

It never ends with this piece of poo poo...

If/when Clinton brings up the tape tomorrow, I'm guessing this is how she'll do it. I know people have different views on beauty by poo poo talking a woman's looks when she's pregnant?

If Trump really comes out swinging it's going to look great to his die-hard supporters but the rest of the country is going to be utterly horrified if he goes after Hillary for Bill's actions while this is all still in the news. Even losing another 1-2 points nationally pushes Clinton closer to meeting/exceeding Obama's 2008 results while causing more downticket damage that the GOP is going to be scrambling to mitigate.

Unless the GOP feels so desperate that they actually do the unthinkable and the leadership formally unendorses him, causing the Tea Partiers to lose their poo poo and potentially stay home next month out of spite. Cut the GOP's turnout by a couple percent and that's a few more Congressional seats in danger.

DaveWoo posted:

You say absolutely nothing. The optics of Trump attacking any woman, even Clinton, over their husband's infidelities little more than a day after the Access Hollywood tape came out? You'd have to be insane to interrupt someone making such a colossal mistake.

Maybe she gets a slightly pained look instead of staring him down stone faced but any response she gave would almost be impossible to make a good enough followup. Just dead silence and maybe a "I cannot say anything more damning about Donald than what he just said and did" response before moving on.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's dumb as poo poo that republicans get to say it's the party of lincoln.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SC is way more likely to flip than Texas is.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

http://www.270towin.com/index.php#.UFN6GRiRh7h

Turn texas blue and then draw a map where the republicans win

Texas won't go blue but texas just being within 5 points would be an open grave for the GOP

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

iospace posted:

Now that sir, is a whole lotta blue I tells ya!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah, there's no way Texas goes blue. Jesus Christ himself could come back to earth, run for president, and wouldn't win Texas because he has a D next to his name.

watch the next oppo video be him talking poo poo about the evangelicals.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Evil Fluffy posted:

If/when Clinton brings up the tape tomorrow, I'm guessing this is how she'll do it. I know people have different views on beauty by poo poo talking a woman's looks when she's pregnant?

How attracted you are to a pregnant woman seems completely meaningless. He wanted to loving fire her because of it.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Augus posted:

I keep making jokes about this election and jumping for joy that he is getting his comeuppance but for real, Trump is a completely disgusting human being

There was an article I'm to lazy to look up that was about how women have been showing up to therapy sessions with bad anxiety that the President of the United States may be a validation of past abusive men in their lives. Forcing them to relive past trauma for the next 4-8 years.

Really think about that for a second.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
God I can't believe that there's a debate tomorrow.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Literally anybody other than Hillary, and it would have been a possibility.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

doesn't texas go blue if everyone over the age of 60 suddenly dies?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I honestly can't tell if 90% of the Twitter accounts with "Deplorable" in their name are bots or just deeply disturbed people who willingly consume propaganda 24/7 and have lost the ability to communicate like humans

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

58% of white women, and 75% of Hispanics, with no turnout increase assumed.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Scent of Worf posted:

I honestly can't tell if 90% of the Twitter accounts with "Deplorable" in their name are bots or just deeply disturbed people who willingly consume propaganda 24/7 and have lost the ability to communicate like humans

Oh, come now. You think that many people know how to make Twitter bots?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Scent of Worf posted:

just deeply disturbed people who willingly consume propaganda 24/7 and have lost the ability to communicate like humans

Isn't this kinda what this thread does? Okay our propaganda comes from the liberal bias of reality, but still.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

Isn't this kinda what this thread does? Okay our propaganda comes from the liberal bias of reality, but still.

Also we have graphs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Texas went blue somehow, it wouldn't carry over to the next Presidential. With current polling, Texas turning blue is likely to happen but not until maybe 2024.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spacebump posted:

If Texas went blue somehow, it wouldn't carry over to the next Presidential. With current polling, Texas turning blue is likely to happen but not until maybe 2024.

Texas: 2016's Indiana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Yum
May 6, 2013
I'm so annoyed that this debate is on a Sunday night because now I have to choose between this and my D&D game

• Locked thread