Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

rovert posted:

Why is this two year old meme returning? I did nothing to prompt it and it shits up threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cavauro posted:

Better get visibly annoyed with it post-haste, to make it go away

I am not annoyed it is just tedious derail bait. If it is part of a well timed joke have at it.

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 8, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

When you have 2 whole weeks of preparation I'm sure you can time it well.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
If the rumors are true how much will NXT be an expense to WWE if they go to live weekly shows?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

achillesforever6 posted:

If the rumors are true how much will NXT be an expense to WWE if they go to live weekly shows?

People are just misinterpreting the image about the tiered network prices. It means that when a show is aired for the first time (every wednesday) that is the "live" airing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

People are just misinterpreting the image about the tiered network prices. It means that when a show is aired for the first time (every wednesday) that is the "live" airing.

I took that to mean that the prerecorded shows would be available but the live shows (i.e.Takeovers) wouldn't. Basically the Hulu deal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

I took that to mean that the prerecorded shows would be available but the live shows (i.e.Takeovers) wouldn't. Basically the Hulu deal.

Based on what achillies said I am assuming he was referring to the fourth line of this

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't think I've seen that kind of set up where the ring is on the stage in an actual theatre before. Is that common at house shows?

They did this for the Philly shows at the Tower Theater

It was a lovely setup where the crowd couldn't see a lot of what was happening

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
lol at everyone falling for Rovert's bait for the thousandth time while thinking they are the ones trolling him

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If they're going to add incentives to the network then they need to offer account sharing or at least the ability to run two streams simultaneously over the same network.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Spermgod posted:

lol at everyone falling for Rovert's bait for the thousandth time while thinking they are the ones trolling him

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/783668618047459328
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/783727337661730816

AMReese fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 8, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

jesus, that's a huge dick he is sucking.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

the Horse Bukkake Kid

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Eltoasto posted:

WWE, land of the giants.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Went to the NXT Baltimore(really Bel Air) show tonight. Maybe it was just the novelty of seeing wrestling live for the first time in so long, but I really enjoyed it. Especially the Cedric Alexander vs Bobby Roode match which the crowd ate up. Those two did good together. I sang along to Roode's theme, much to the dismay of the kids next to me.

Other thoughts:

Lots of "Delete" chants early on especially. Fun to go along with those.

Lower card stuff was mostly ok, but Authors of Pain(lame name too) suck. Wish it had been Revival instead but they weren't on this tour. TM61 is a team that clearly has some ability and chemistry, but just aren't clicking for whatever reason. Elias Sampson came out and sang a song about how much he hated Bel Air which was standard heel wrestler stuff, but it made me laugh because I have a friend who works in Bel Air and hates it so bad.

Asuka was exciting to see but the match was kind of weird. Because her opponent Peyton Royce was actually doing most of the offense. This kind of confused me because I expected a massacre there, and I think the crowd felt the same way. But I guess house shows are where they practice these things. Main event was fun and people were nuts for Shinsuke and Joe and Tye Dillinger especially. Seemed like more taunting than wrestling some of the time(to be expected at a house show when all four guys are pushing 40), but it was great fun nonetheless.

All in all I had a great time with Roode vs Alexander being my favorite part, and will definitely go to something like this again if I get the chance.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/786309970044289028

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Was this from that dude who dropped him on his head?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man poor dude, I was so excited when they signed KENTA :(

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

The_Rob posted:

Was this from that dude who dropped him on his head?

https://twitter.com/pwunlimited/status/782698358116757504/

How do you gently caress it up that bad?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Poor guy can't catch a break.

I wonder if this is it for his WWE run. He was a big signing at the time, but now that his body is breaking down and Nak more or less took his spot, I don't see where he fits in the current environment.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

wait, this one cuts out too early! where's the one where the fan basically falls over the barricade trying to swing at him

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://streamable.com/ecdp

RIP Daria

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

God drat it :smith:

This plus him still having trouble connecting with WWE audiences (other than by teasing the GTS) makes me feel like they're probably done with him. Post above about Nakamura taking his spot is absolutely true.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

His only real problem connecting has been being hurt.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I mean, it's not like WWE has done him many favors. He had a lot of heat behind him when he first signed but then they stuck him in an angle where The Ascension kicked his rear end for weeks until his cool buff friend Finn Balor showed up to save him. From that point on they were just using him to get over Finn.

Mostly it's been bad luck and injuries, but getting him over was obviously not the top priority from the start.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
He really hasn't been able (or hasn't been allowed, depending on how cynical you are) to translate what got him over in NOAH to NXT. I mean he's been slapping his thigh on kicks recently for gently caress's sake. That's like the anti-KENTA.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So who does Ibushi team with in the Dusty now? Is Tozawa ready to come in yet?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

So who does Ibushi team with in the Dusty now? Is Tozawa ready to come in yet?

Tozawa's last date is 11/3. I'm sure they could get Yoshihiko in a pinch.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spermgod posted:

He really hasn't been able (or hasn't been allowed, depending on how cynical you are) to translate what got him over in NOAH to NXT. I mean he's been slapping his thigh on kicks recently for gently caress's sake. That's like the anti-KENTA.

This is especially weird in hindsight, now that they brought in guys like Nakamura and Joe and are just letting them be Nakamura and Joe, without any hamfisted attempt to create a new WWE character. Meanwhile Itami's only real traits have been "Finn Balor's less interesting friend" and "uhh, that one Japanese guy."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Benne posted:

This is especially weird in hindsight, now that they brought in guys like Nakamura and Joe and are just letting them be Nakamura and Joe, without any hamfisted attempt to create a new WWE character. Meanwhile Itami's only real traits have been "Finn Balor's less interesting friend" and "uhh, that one Japanese guy."
Wasn't one of his problems going on was that he was trying to really adjust to the WWE style and then one night HHH told him to just be Kenta?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

He would be doing fine if not for the near-constant injuries.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So who gives Nakamura his first loss? Joe? Almas? Roode? Like, folks were saying that Itami was going to usurp Nakamura's title, but now there aren't any other credible opponents for him apart from those three, Murphy and I guess Aries.

They've kinda written themselves into a corner.

e: alternatively, break up Gallows and Anderson (because they're never going to win the titles, at least not before December), send Anderson down to NXT, set up a feud between him and Nakamura, then boom, credible champion

Venomous fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 13, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I figure it will be Roode, as I think he'll get the NXT belt next. Unless they hotshot him to one of the main shows.

I highly doubt we will see Itami again.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tye's butt wiggle 10 :swoon:

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Well that just blows about Itami

Sanity seems kind of corny

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I do like that tag team finisher. Sanity was fine

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Takeover Toronto crowd will be pumped for Roode v. Tye

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: Do I look like a tag team wrestler?!! :lol:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao "who's Alexander" cracked me up. I love using both languages like that in promos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Sabitelli was a huge bust in the NFL though, right?

• Locked thread