Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Pakled posted:

The Republicans turning against Trump will be an unmitigated disaster this year, but I fear it'll be good for the Republican Party in the long run. If they turn against him now, it's going to be harder for the Democrats to hold Trump against all Republicans in the years to come, which I think would have been an effective strategy. Republicans will get away with "oh, Trump was a fluke, we're not like that now" and "that was four years ago, I'm interested in the issues of today."

Maybe, but then this loss isn't the fault the liberals stealing the election, its the republican party abandoning it's one true leader. The base would implode. They literally need to choose which hill to die on, but they're definitely gonna die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Minimalist Program posted:

There is and it is going to drop next friday or the friday after that.
Monday. Do it at the start of the week.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

america right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STcDMoQ4KT0&t=154s

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My father isn't gender specific when he wants to grab the pussy.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Stereotype posted:

I bet there is something worse. I bet there is video of Trump sexually assaulting a woman.

Ivanka. There will be information that shows he abused Ivanka.

God, I hope I'm wrong. No-one should ever go through that but that's the sense I've been getting.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

sarmhan posted:

Sticking to him now would doom them forever though. They don't really have an out.

I guess my issue with that is I don't think bailing 30 days before Election Day is going to make a significant difference than just waiting til after the election.

I mean despite all of this Trump could still win! Things can happen. None of this changes the fact that people still hate Hilary Clinton. If I were in the GOP and I had ridden the Trump train this long I'd go for the Hail Mary and finish it out

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there was no way trump was winning the election before all this unless a muslim mexican cabal of refugees committed ten 9/11s.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pakled posted:

The Republicans turning against Trump will be an unmitigated disaster this year, but I fear it'll be good for the Republican Party in the long run. If they turn against him now, it's going to be harder for the Democrats to hold Trump against all Republicans in the years to come, which I think would have been an effective strategy. Republicans will get away with "oh, Trump was a fluke, we're not like that now" and "that was four years ago, I'm interested in the issues of today."

Not really. Trump was the 'not a Jesus freak' and 'not a Ayn Rand freak' candidate that all selected to not stir up poo poo. And these are still two large groups within.
Once they Et tu Pence stab Trump and pretend no one really wanted him, they will still be the same sack of poo poo they were in 2015 blaming minorities and taxes.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 8, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Fangz posted:

Except that this means they lose the deplorables.
That's who got them into this mess and if they have any brains at all they're going to drop that wing of the party and try to make it up elsewhere.

But it's the loving GOP so brains don't enter into it :buddy:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trash person posted:

I mean despite all of this Trump could still win! Things can happen. None of this changes the fact that people still hate Hilary Clinton. If I were in the GOP and I had ridden the Trump train this long I'd go for the Hail Mary and finish it out
Except supporting the guy after a video comes out with his voice on it literally talking about how he can sexually assault people because he's rich implicates that you're perfectly okay with such a thing.

Say all you want about how he was never qualified to be a nominee for President, let alone the President, but there's quite a gap between saying insulting things about people and talking gleefully about sexually violating them.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Minimalist Program posted:

There is and it is going to drop next friday or the friday after that.

ImpAtom posted:

The rate of Trump scandals is speeding up.

We're looking at exponential growth.

By mid-October we will be facing a Trump scandal every half hour.

By November... by November they will reach something I'd like to call the Cheeto Sky. The end of all life as we know it.

ImpAtom was right.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SubponticatePoster posted:

That's who got them into this mess and if they have any brains at all they're going to drop that wing of the party and try to make it up elsewhere.

there's nothing to the gop BUT the deplorables.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/784849020644646912

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Chinese Gordon posted:

[M-Bison YES... YES gif]

How do we not have this as an emote yet, it perfectly fits this format

:sad:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
*Stands in door of aircraft plummeting to earth, parachute snugly strapped to back*

Look, I'm very disappointed by the state the plane is in. The engines being entirely engulfed in flames is both inapropriate and deeply disgusting. However I've stayed in the plane this long, what's a few more minutes going to matter.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Night10194 posted:

God, I hope I'm wrong. No-one should ever go through that but that's the sense I've been getting.

At this point Trump is so toast I wouldn't release anything like that if I were Clinton. Not only would it be horrifying to spread something like that from her personal history into the public eye, at least without her consent, you could get blowback.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Has the Pence 2016 movement begun yet? Because you know it's coming.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Stereotype posted:

*Stands in door of aircraft plummeting to earth, parachute snugly strapped to back*

Look, I'm very disappointed by the state the plane is in. The engines being entirely engulfed in flames is both inapropriate and deeply disgusting. However I've stayed in the plane this long, what's a few more minutes going to matter.

in this analogy the earth is lava

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

It literally began after the debate.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm sure this whole thing has been a lot of fun for the NYPD.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aaaaand that's why they can't Dump Trump. You made your base this way now you get to eat the whole poo poo sandwich

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/784840992734064641?lang=de

I found snippets of the inevitable movie treatment on IMDB:

quote:

Tony Donald goes looking for Manny Mike and Gina Paul who are now married. After killing Manny Mike, Tony Donald returns to his mansion, where he buries his face in a large mound of cocaine.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Antti posted:

At this point Trump is so toast I wouldn't release anything like that if I were Clinton. Not only would it be horrifying to spread something like that from her personal history into the public eye, at least without her consent, you could get blowback.

With the caveat that the Clinton camp didn't release this current bombshell, and so a journalist might just do it on their own.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really don't think Trump abuses his daughter, I just think he genuinely loves her but doesn't know the appropriate way to express love for a woman (or man for that matter) as opposed to mere randiness, and it ends up super skeevy.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Night10194 posted:

I hope this doesn't happen because it only furthers the argument that Ivanka isn't a huge piece of poo poo for giving her father's actions legitimacy. There are no good Trumps.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It's already started but it won't go anywhere because the base still loves Trump and ratfucking him 1 month before the election would drive the base away and Pence would have no chance at victory anyway

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Just to double-check, if the GOP establishment does entirely disown Trump, they don't have any way of replacing him without him resigning himself?

So who is Trump going to pick as his new VP when Pence ditches him to become the new savior of the Republican establishment?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pick posted:

I really don't think Trump abuses his daughter, I just think he genuinely loves her but doesn't know the appropriate way to express love for a woman (or man for that matter) as opposed to mere randiness, and it ends up super skeevy.

Also possible and I really hope you're correct.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Dropping Trump this late in the game will never work, it will cause chaos.

Keeping Trump this late in the game will never work, it will cause chaos.

:allears:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pick posted:

Trump being capable of loving something other than himself is a stretch

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

All he has to say is six words: "This election is rigged. Don't vote."

After that, the GOP (and quite possibly the nation) will be toast.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pick posted:

To paraphrase the words of Janine Garofolo in that movie: "It's okay to love your daughter. Just don't love your daughter."

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

You know, I really should get tired of that picture but I don't.

is the new

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I still think it's bizarre that after everything that's happened so far that this is the watershed moment in this election.

I know for sure that talk radio on Tuesday is just going to be more of the same. Blaming the media and kicking the dead horses of Benghazi and email servers for the millionth time. I guess the GOPe just got tired of holding their nose?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
I mean how could anyone possibly think Pence being thrust into the top of the ticket after having not even been in the primaries at all is a good idea?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

Just to double-check, if the GOP establishment does entirely disown Trump, they don't have any way of replacing him without him resigning himself?

So who is Trump going to pick as his new VP when Pence ditches him to become the new savior of the Republican establishment?

Anthony Weiner

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Night10194 posted:

Who is this idiot.

A shitbag alt-right lawyer* who tried to get a friend of mine kicked out of grad school after she mouthed off to him.

There are much more deplorable things about him but that's the one that annoys me most. :colbert:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pence started it Tuesday.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

It's already started but it won't go anywhere because the base still loves Trump and ratfucking him 1 month before the election would drive the base away and Pence would have no chance at victory anyway

Voting for Pence is a loving terrible idea for a Republican. Let's split our votes from one losing candidate to two losing candidates! :downs:

Maybe that's the path to Hillary's 538.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pellisworth posted:

Trump's name will be on the top of the ticket in all 50 states even if he dies. It is too late to change the ballots. If he is no longer the nominee for whatever reason, a vote for Trump will be a vote for whoever the replacement nominee is.

• Locked thread