Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Antti posted:

At this point Trump is so toast I wouldn't release anything like that if I were Clinton. Not only would it be horrifying to spread something like that from her personal history into the public eye, at least without her consent, you could get blowback.

Remember, she didn't even release THIS. The media is now bloodthirsty, they will find and that everything they can for ratings. Clinton doesn't need to release any oppo any more and probably won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Exposure posted:

Grab em by the pussy was from a studio realizing "oh poo poo we probably have some big gold in our tapes" after the shitstorm Trump had with Alica Machado and someone then leaking the tape to Washington Post.

So I don't think we have had any actual oppo drops from the Clinton campaign since the first debate....which probably means that whatever they still have, is worse than what Access Hollywood found.

:getin:

What's shocking is that it took anyone this long to consider doing this--both the parties with a political interest and the parties with a financial one. I don't fully understand this--although I guess blasting this stuff when it's too late for the GOP to react is smart.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

trash person posted:

John McCain officially pulls his endorsement. States neither him nor his wife will be voting for Trump.

Loving this weekend
McCain is so loving dead. He tied himself to Trump while Trump insulted him personally and veterans in general. Now he disavows, pissing off his base while democrats aren't going to vote for him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pick posted:

I really don't think Trump abuses his daughter, I just think he genuinely loves her but doesn't know the appropriate way to express love for a woman (or man for that matter) as opposed to mere randiness, and it ends up super skeevy.

Child abusers very rarely think they are hurting children. In their minds they're loving them.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

trash person posted:

John McCain officially pulls his endorsement. States neither him nor his wife will be voting for Trump.

Loving this weekend

can't decide if I want to binge on coffee or wine today, both fun for fun times

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I cannot stop smiling. This is INCREDIBLE.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

trash person posted:

Loving this weekend

What a scumbag. It took McCain this long to realize Trump's behavior is a disqualifier? Maybe he just ignored the time when he literally insulted McCain's personal military record.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

greatn posted:

Remember, she didn't even release THIS. The media is now bloodthirsty, they will find and that everything they can for ratings. Clinton doesn't need to release any oppo any more and probably won't.

If they have it and it's part of an established narrative it's coming out. No point saving it for 2020.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

A shitbag alt-right lawyer* who tried to get a friend of mine kicked out of grad school after she mouthed off to him.

There are much more deplorable things about him but that's the one that annoys me most. :colbert:

I'd actually like to hear more about this story of your friend. What did he do?

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.
Apologies if this has been discussed here; this thread moves too fast for me to keep up with everything. But it just occurred to me to wonder if Trump has actually denied doing the stuff he talks about in that video. That video statement he released is just a halfhearted apology for what he said followed by a wholehearted attack on Hillary. So has he denied it? Would he, or his campaign people, see some reason not to?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Secret Agent X23 posted:

Apologies if this has been discussed here; this thread moves too fast for me to keep up with everything. But it just occurred to me to wonder if Trump has actually denied doing the stuff he talks about in that video. That video statement he released is just a halfhearted apology for what he said followed by a wholehearted attack on Hillary. So has he denied it? Would he, or his campaign people, see some reason not to?
He doesn't think he did anything wrong. Remember it took 10 hours of fighting to get that video made at all.

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
"We will write in the name of some good conservative Republican who is qualified to be President." I'm not sure where they're going to find this magical creature, but I bet their last name is Miller.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Yo if you're into gambling now might be a good time to buy into Trump leaving the race related stuff

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
And yeah this thing has obviously spiraled out of control--there's now the "look which GOP bigwig just pulled his endorsement" and "look what OTHER gross stuff Trump said" stories, which can go on for a long time. And now that it's cleanly crossed into "yeah he's probably raped people" territory, everything he does and says is poison. It really is over.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

he was a totally different person four years ago and he's learned so very much offering to show his penis to people all across america, which he will make great again

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

The big thing is the endorsements is it possible he'd lose endorsements like from the National Police Union.

Three weeks ago the Fraternal Order of the Police, a collection of sworn law enforcement officers, endorsed a man for highest office of the land who admitted to using his power to regularly sexually assault women.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

canepazzo posted:

McCain's out.

AZ now has a real serious chance of flipping blue. Telling Arizonans to split the ticket is a death knell. If this makes even a tiny % of Rs in AZ stay home, McCain is toast. He sees the writing on the wall, but I guarantee Kirkpatrick will start airing ads ASAP showing all of the various times McCain disavowed something Trump said without rescinding his endorsement, concluding with the latest incident, asking "what took you so long to see what is plain as day, John?"

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Trump isn't dropping out. This is early 1945 for him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Endorph posted:

Clinton dropped some stuff, that led to increased attention, which led to people digging through their backlogs about a man that has been in the public eye for 40 years. Take these tapes. They were found because the guy was reminded about them because of all the Miss Universe stuff.

People were wondering what politics would look like in the future where every candidate's online history is scrutinized. That's Trump, only instead of message board posts, it's videotape.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Night10194 posted:

I suspect it's a dam breaking thing. As someone said, a lot of GOP lower level guys hate Trump, have always hated Trump, and never wanted Trump. Now they have an opportunity and they want to loving pounce.

It's amazing to me the kind of poo poo the GOP was willing to slap their brand on for the Cheeto Rapist, but the one thing they couldn't abide was him being a clearly losing candidate.

People finally pulling endorsements now. They're all loving cowards. Where were they months ago?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Coheed and Camembert posted:

What a scumbag. It took McCain this long to realize Trump's behavior is a disqualifier? Maybe he just ignored the time when he literally insulted McCain's personal military record.

The GOP berated McCain into supporting Trump after Trump shat on McCain. Trump's behavior isn't a disqualifier; it was personal. This gave him the excuse he needed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

can't decide if I want to binge on coffee or wine today, both fun for fun times

Sounds like a day 4loko.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/784856804417167361

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

All these disavowals, will they help or hurt the under ticket? On the one side, it gives the self avowed deplorable all the reasons in the world to say gently caress the establishment and either not vote because the poo poo is rigged or to only vote top of the ticket. On the other side, having lost the top of the ticket, do the non-deplorable Republicans even turn out?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/SandraRose/status/784729877417197568

I'm tellin' y'all it's sabotage

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

porfiria posted:

And yeah this thing has obviously spiraled out of control--there's now the "look which GOP bigwig just pulled his endorsement" and "look what OTHER gross stuff Trump said" stories, which can go on for a long time. And now that it's cleanly crossed into "yeah he's probably raped people" territory, everything he does and says is poison. It really is over.

With the RNC starting to pull support (anyone comment on how significant them telling vendors to stop and so on actually is?) and big-name GOP pols unendorsing it's almost inevitable to be a chain reaction that tears the party apart. I'm sure Ryan is under a ton of pressure now to disown Trump as well every other GOP politician.

I think if Trump flubs the debate (he will) you'll see Pence leave and most/all the GOPe abandon him. I'm not sure if Trump's ego will allow him to step down though.

Magic-Doogies
Mar 5, 2016

by exmarx
As far as I'm aware of Trump has yet to actually deny saying any of those things.

And even if he wanted to- what point would there be in denying it? He said them, he was even on video in junction with the text. Not even the most brain dead of his minions can believe that.
For the first time ever he has to own up to his crap, and the best he could manage was a 'Bill did worse'.
He also hasn't posted anything on Twitter so either someone finally confiscated his account and left it to someone else or he is having a moment of clarity and not posting stupid poo poo to make his situation worse for once.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

Yo if you're into gambling now might be a good time to buy into Trump leaving the race related stuff

I'm happy with my large bet on Hilary at 2/5 just after the Trump Tapes broke. Good luck finding those odds now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Stereotype posted:

Three weeks ago the Fraternal Order of the Police, a collection of sworn law enforcement officers, endorsed a man for highest office of the land who admitted to using his power to regularly sexually assault women.

Yeah, I really wonder if he is going to start losing these types of endorsements.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

remusclaw posted:

All these disavowals, will they help or hurt the under ticket? On the one side, it gives the self avowed deplorable all the reasons in the world to say gently caress the establishment and either not vote because the poo poo is rigged or to only vote top of the ticket. On the other side, having lost the top of the ticket, do the non-deplorable Republicans even turn out?

There's a reason Priebus has been hell-bent on maintaining party unity at all costs.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

trash person posted:

Loving this weekend

If enraged Trumpists throw that Senate race to Kirkpatrick :getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donald Trump and Rick Ross are both pieces of garbage. Was that supposed to be the point?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

The Dennis Hastert Award of Excellence is in the mail for Trump, obviously.

https://twitter.com/SweetPeaPatsy/status/784851509351559168/photo/1

Here's a chuckle: click through and see the lovely responses from the Trumpist Brigade.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

sarmhan posted:

He doesn't think he did anything wrong. Remember it took 10 hours of fighting to get that video made at all.

Makes sense in a Trumpesque kind of way, I guess. My mistake here was trying apply some kind of remotely rational thought to it. As in, "If it's that loving bad just to say it, then I'd best deny having done it."

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, I really wonder if he is going to start losing these types of endorsements.

lol nah watch them support him to the very end, naturally.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Antti posted:

So is November the Battle of Berlin or Nagasaki?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Aaaaand that's why they can't Dump Trump. You made your base this way now you get to eat the whole poo poo sandwich

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/784856160725852160

Yeah as much as everyone's talking about an anti-Trump revolt these people still make up the backbone of the party and aren't going anywhere any time soon.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Pellisworth posted:

With the RNC starting to pull support (anyone comment on how significant them telling vendors to stop and so on actually is?) and big-name GOP pols unendorsing it's almost inevitable to be a chain reaction that tears the party apart. I'm sure Ryan is under a ton of pressure now to disown Trump as well every other GOP politician.

I think if Trump flubs the debate (he will) you'll see Pence leave and most/all the GOPe abandon him. I'm not sure if Trump's ego will allow him to step down though.

It's interesting how, optically, this looks like a few dozen rich guys versus the entire Republican population, but obviously the kinds of people that turn out to demonstrate aren't representative--I wonder if Paul Ryan et al have calculated how many people they'd lose to a Trump war--the white identity people vs. everyone else (evangelicals/Randroids/suburbanites/rich). Obviously the former have some acolytes among all the latter group. Still, at the end of the day, Trump didn't exactly dominate the primaries. If it came down to it I can't believe it's more than, say, 30% of the voting population.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

It's true, "Principal's Office" is WAY worse than saying you can grab a woman's pussy and get away with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Antti posted:

gently caress west wing reunion clinton should hire everyone from Downfall.

• Locked thread