Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
CoreJJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wow, someone lit a fire under SSG's rear end.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
hauntzer is bad

hey, jhin is ulting, you have ult and flash? maybe go in? no? ok

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
That was a good game.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Vermain posted:

Wow, someone lit a fire under SSG's rear end.

his name is corejj actually

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lol at TSM letting Jhin steal Elder Dragon but gg otherwise

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
This game was pretty ridiculous, Dlift did well, but he didn't really push his 20min advantage.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Chris de Sperg posted:

to be fair you can't really expect much from a lucian vs rumble-olaf-viktor, it's a miracle he's as big as he is

i assume you mean reksai, but yeah. Even with karma and zilean that's a tough comp to play a low range adc into. Also if they're forced to use their shields/revive/speed ups on lucian they can't use them on olaf, and the opposite

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

Zoidomania posted:

Rofl, Doublelift saves the teamfight for them and then loses it for them.
Maybe a baron if Double didn't die to Crown going for it afterward.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Monathin posted:

lol at TSM letting Jhin steal Elder Dragon but gg otherwise

his 4th shot literally does more than 1000 damage so it's kind of tough but yeah

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What is it about Koreans going to NA and sucking rear end then leaving and coming back to Korea and being pretty good again

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I need a speech from Likkrit about TSM's fighting spirit pls.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Allaniis posted:

ambition probably wouldve stolen it, crown was 50% hp and had ult so those guys could've 2v4ed tsm since they were all low

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

BUNG RULES

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

Firebert posted:

hauntzer is bad

hey, jhin is ulting, you have ult and flash? maybe go in? no? ok

With Protobelt ready.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

henkman posted:

i assume you mean reksai, but yeah. Even with karma and zilean that's a tough comp to play a low range adc into. Also if they're forced to use their shields/revive/speed ups on lucian they can't use them on olaf, and the opposite
yeah, rek'sai.

honestly the big concern here is that the crux of samsung's comp was "we're going to abuse you inside 550 range", which fucks olaf, fucks lucian, fucks sivir, and even fucks a lot of bjerg's better carry picks (his viktor and malzahar were both extremely meh and it's been a long time since we've seen him on something super high-range) . if teams just keep doing that, tsm genuinely may not have an answer.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

This game was pretty ridiculous, Dlift did well, but he didn't really push his 20min advantage.

There's really not much to push against that comp. The massive Viktor + Rumble ults means that he can't really provide any damage up early in teamfights and can only really clean up. Which doesn't really work when the rest of his team is low damage and getting blown up immediately by Viktor.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
With Azir dead, Crown is practically a Viktor one-trick. Why teams would leave it up against SSG is beyond me; some of the drafts this worlds have been unreal as if teams did zero scouting.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

What is it about Koreans going to NA and sucking rear end then leaving and coming back to Korea and being pretty good again

CoreJJ was more or less fine in NA, then came back to Korea and has spent most of his time there being an underwhelming at best position swapped player who is having a decent run lately and still may not ever actually be a starting caliber support

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I think caitlyn would have been better than lucian, but he also might not have gotten as big a lead as he had anyway if not on lucian so it may be a wash

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

With Azir dead, Crown is practically a Viktor one-trick. Why teams would leave it up against SSG is beyond me; some of the drafts this worlds have been unreal as if teams did zero scouting.

crown is secretly crazy good on yasuo

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

henkman posted:

I think caitlyn would have been better than lucian, but he also might not have gotten as big a lead as he had anyway if not on lucian so it may be a wash

Jinx would've worked as well

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

henkman posted:

i totally agree, but i think they might have to go to the caitlyn (or jinx/ashe?) because they may not have a way to win games full stop otherwise

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

going to be real sad when EU sneaks through to the next round but NA does not

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
it's cool that the Make A Wish Foundation are working with Riot to first get azingy into the LCS, and now mlxg to worlds

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

going to be real sad when EU sneaks through to the next round but NA does not

It's probably going to happen after all the mockery EU took last week.

Zoidomania
Apr 22, 2014

Allaniis posted:

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how that fight would have played out if Double had survived. If I recall he was surrounded by the entire enemy team so it can be assumed, pretty safely considering it's a korean team, that they would instantly turn and focus him. Then at that point there's not a whole lot you can do as luc without sums or lifesteal. If only.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh man, mockery??? poo poo!!!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Everyone forgot about 0-10 already? Week 1 results don't mean much if you play like poo poo on the second week.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

The Zyra priority ban was genuinely weird in the face of Crown just running over people on Viktor.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Still dont understand how Splyce becomes SPY.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Firebert posted:

But they banned the poison ivy lady :jeb:

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Team So low Mid

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

TSM is out if they lose another game and Splyce doesn't win against RNG/SSG, right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Smol posted:

TSM is out if they lose another game and Splyce doesn't win against RNG/SSG, right?
If anyone loses to Splyce they're pretty much out

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think its funny that CLG came into worlds with people expecting them to win like, one or two games in their group and they end up doing way better than most people believed but ended up a failure because, reasons :v:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

A Karma? Could it be!?
It is

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

i think its funny that CLG came into worlds with people expecting them to win like, one or two games in their group and they end up doing way better than most people believed but ended up a failure because, reasons :v:

They got knocked out by a wildcard team for the 2nd worlds in a row.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
just caught up, loooooool TSM. NA's gonna drop out of worlds again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I haven't watched any of the player experience streams live, but krepo/phreak on the main cast with this one being bot lane focused made me

• Locked thread