Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I said come in! posted:

GOD DAMNIT I GUESS I'M PLAYING TOR YET AGAIN I CANT STAY AWAY

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So let's say, theoretically, that I'm overcome by madness and want to bring 8 new characters up to level 50 for this event. With double xp, what's the quickest way to do this? Daily flashpoint queue, daily pvp and then switch characters? While doing heroics while waiting for the queues to pop? Class quests take ages so I'm guessing they're not actually massively efficient if all I want to do is hit 50 without giving a stuff about seeing the stories again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So let's say, theoretically, that I'm overcome by madness and want to bring 8 new characters up to level 50 for this event. With double xp, what's the quickest way to do this? Daily flashpoint queue, daily pvp and then switch characters? While doing heroics while waiting for the queues to pop? Class quests take ages so I'm guessing they're not actually massively efficient if all I want to do is hit 50 without giving a stuff about seeing the stories again.

I followed this path -

Starter planet (purple quests only, which is just class story and meet your trainer)
Get to fleet and do crafting trainers mission and lore entries by clicking them all.
Intro to PvP/PvP Daily/Intro to Strongholds
Black Talon/Esseles

That usually took me to 25-27 (Intro to PvP alone is 5-7 levels in one go). After that I just started working through Heroics. By the time you're done with one planet, there's a new one available.

My average 1-50 time was about 8-10 hours. So I imagine with double XP you can easily do it in 4-5.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why did they go from making Vaylin's adult model look like an attractive younger woman with a boob window to looking like Kreia almost in that trailer. She looks more haggard than Senya.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
New cantina code "NYCantina16" for a Korrealis Sheriff speeder is up.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

Why did they go from making Vaylin's adult model look like an attractive younger woman with a boob window to looking like Kreia almost in that trailer. She looks more haggard than Senya.

She also apparently goes from blonde to brunette.

"It's not a phase Mom!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

She also apparently goes from blonde to brunette.

"It's not a phase Mom!"

I've seen kids have blond hair that darkens as they get older.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

prefect posted:

Cleary a side effect of the dark side.

:rimshot:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Hulk Smash! posted:

I had white blonde hair til I turned about 12, then it went brown...then it went away.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

I actually think it's suppose to be...she's blonde when Valkorian takes and brunette when Senya rescues her.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

prefect posted:

Luke and Anakin's hair did the same thing.

Oh god this is their hint that Valkorian and his family are ancient Skywalkers... :tinfoil:

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fuzz posted:

Luke and Anakin's hair did the same thing.

Oh god this is their hint that Valkorian and his family are ancient Skywalkers... :tinfoil:

Jesus Christ no it's not.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chickenwalker posted:

Jesus Christ no it's not.

You'd think that, but according to the datamining Skywalker was a title given to Thexan for his heroic deeds and he survived in secret thanks to Valkorion's intervention. He helps you defeat Vaylin.

That is a joke.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

I had white blonde hair til I turned about 12, then it went brown...then it went away.

Are you me?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Are you me?

It would not surprise me that in the throws of my biggest addiction to this game that I went Tyler Durden and created a second personality that went off to do work for Bioware. Or perhaps the other way around, you couldn't enjoy the game you worked on so you created a second personality that you could play the game with...

:lost:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just watched the cinematic trailer for Knights of the Eternal Throne and gently caress me, this looks so awesome. :eyepop:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

It would not surprise me that in the throws of my biggest addiction to this game that I went Tyler Durden and created a second personality that went off to do work for Bioware. Or perhaps the other way around, you couldn't enjoy the game you worked on so you created a second personality that you could play the game with...

:lost:

I don't ever remember seeing the two of you on at the same time. :tinfoil:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I just watched the cinematic trailer for Knights of the Eternal Throne and gently caress me, this looks so awesome. :eyepop:

Yeah, I will put together a new OP next week since we now have a bunch of "legit" new information.

Aleth posted:

I don't ever remember seeing the two of you on at the same time. :tinfoil:

He's on all the time when I'm playing! What are you talking about.....

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Knights of the Fallen Empire is all-the-way released by now right? Told myself I wasn't going to play until it was all out and then other games happened and welp.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, KotFE is done, KotET is the continuation of the story due out at the end of the November/start of December.

Speaking of new information dulfy has a few snippets from the NYCC Cantina thing here. Supposedly we'll be able to change the alignment of some comps and kill off a bunch more.

Also in case people missed it earlier the Cantina mount code is "NYCantina16".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

I followed this path -

Starter planet (purple quests only, which is just class story and meet your trainer)
Get to fleet and do crafting trainers mission and lore entries by clicking them all.
Intro to PvP/PvP Daily/Intro to Strongholds
Black Talon/Esseles

That usually took me to 25-27 (Intro to PvP alone is 5-7 levels in one go). After that I just started working through Heroics. By the time you're done with one planet, there's a new one available.

My average 1-50 time was about 8-10 hours. So I imagine with double XP you can easily do it in 4-5.

FYI, Waldorf, XP is ridiculous with the XP armor set, guild bonus, XP boost and double XP. I started playing a new Gunslinger last night just to see how quick she could level. By the time my XP potion wore off I was level 42 - following this normal path. Only heroics I did was Ord Mantell and Coruscant. Intro to PvP + Daily was hilarious, jumped me 7 levels.

Edit - And I figured since it was October a themed name was appropriate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pierson posted:

Knights of the Fallen Empire is all-the-way released by now right? Told myself I wasn't going to play until it was all out and then other games happened and welp.

I haven't even finished the Knights of the Fallen Empire content on any of my characters. You can get to level 65 way before that happens. I am waiting until the cap increases to 70 before continuing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I haven't even finished the Knights of the Fallen Empire content on any of my characters. You can get to level 65 way before that happens. I am waiting until the cap increases to 70 before continuing.

Just finish the story. You want to know what happens in KOTFE before KOTET comes out. Day one the story will be ruined in General Chat so make sure you turn it off.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

My secret shame is I've been playing a little bit of World of Warcraft the last couple weeks.

The most interesting thing I've learned is that in the past 5 years or so, SWTOR has blown way the gently caress past it in the quality of life department. The quick XP plus the level scaling so you can do what you want when you want it, the ease of travel with pre-unlocked speeder points and zero-cooldown quick travel and tons of teleports. Plus the outfit/dye/color-match system in SWTOR makes WoW's clunky, overly-restricted "transmogrify" system look like absolute poo poo, without even considering the bad 2D armor. The UI is horrible and you need a bunch of 3rd party add-ons just to make it less horrible. And they upgraded their graphics from 2005 quality to like.... 2006 quality. Still looks like butt.

And character creation options still suck, and they do NOT give you room for alts. The cap per server is something like 12, still. Jesus.

There's stuff to like, sure. It's still a fun game to play in many ways. But at every turn I'm frustrated by stuff SWTOR does better. A LOT better. It really made me appreciate the positive differences. I knew I liked SWTOR better - that's why I've been playing it this whole time - but it's amazing to realize how far this game has come since launch... and how far WoW loving hasn't.

Also: That new movie thing is very cool. (It's hard to call it a "trailer" since it's all flashback.) When do our characters get cool tattoos??

And I swear I'm going to buy 4 or 5 hypercrates of that next pack, that is a slam dunk if I ever saw one. Everything in it looks great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Just finish the story. You want to know what happens in KOTFE before KOTET comes out. Day one the story will be ruined in General Chat so make sure you turn it off.

ooh, I always have general chat turned off. I'll be okay.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I would watch the feature-length film of the story of Senya and her children.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

shadok posted:

I would watch the feature-length film of the story of Senya and her children.

At this point the intro expansion movies pretty much serve as a standalone Star Wars movie. :)

Another thing that was mentioned in the Cantina is that existing, unused level 60 tokens will be converted to instant level 65 tokens with KOTET. So if you have any in your inventory, don't use them (and they're on sale this week) unless you REALLY want to run through KOTFE. The 65s will be like the 60s were, all previous expansions marked completed.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Any word on server transfer discounts? Because I should probably get my alts all up to level before this drops I suspect

e. thanks for the speeder code!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

Any word on server transfer discounts? Because I should probably get my alts all up to level before this drops I suspect

e. thanks for the speeder code!

Nothing yet - remember you get one free transfer with a referral link click.

Also, if you didn't use it already, there's another speeder code from a few months ago that should still be good -

CelebrationCantina16

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

Nothing yet - remember you get one free transfer with a referral link click.

Also, if you didn't use it already, there's another speeder code from a few months ago that should still be good -

CelebrationCantina16

SWEET it worked!

Yes I used your link for my first server transfer, then resubbed. Got 7000 coins so I could transfer them all now but would prefer a discount. :)

Have a 55 gunslinger and sentinel, 45ish healer commando, and like 27 marauder.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's a shame playing the game is nothing like the trailers.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

sassassin posted:

It's a shame playing the game is nothing like the trailers.

Yeah, and they still haven't fixed the GODDAMN TRACER MISSILE ANIMATION

It says Shae Vizla as an exclusive companion, but is it going to be like Nico Okarr, where you can get the guy much later anyway if you didn't preorder?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 8, 2016

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Wait, you can get Nico Okarr later? I thought he was specifically a subscriber feature and you couldn't get him otherwise.

If that's the case, she's probably going to be released in the same way

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yeah, and they still haven't fixed the GODDAMN TRACER MISSILE ANIMATION

It says Shae Vizla as an exclusive companion, but is it going to be like Nico Okarr, where you can get the guy much later anyway if you didn't preorder?

You can't get Niko unless you were eligible for him. The only difference between getting him using the communicator or the alliance alert is an achievement. Shae will be the same.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Annnnnd 6.5 hours total /played to get to 65. If you've been holding off on rolling alts, now is the time to get it done.

Ord Mantell
Coruscant
*Edit* Coruscant Bounty
Esseles solo mode
Intro to PvP/Daily PvP
Taral V/Maelstrom Prison solo mode
Balmorra Heroics
Tatooine Heroics
Intro to Group Finder (Gave me Manaan)
CZ-198 Weekly
Start KOTFE, exit out
Yavin Weekly
Finish conversations with Corso

Insane.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 9, 2016

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
What is the new expansion bringing beside single-player story content? Any new Ops content, flashpoints, actual 'mmo' things?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

maev posted:

What is the new expansion bringing? Any new Ops content, flashpoints, actual 'mmo' things?

I assume that stuff is coming but it wasn't mentioned. Just level 70 cap, two new planets, what sounded like a new class? The new story has 9 chapters that are all releasing at once. Bioware is not ready to talk about the end game content yet since most of their players likely never see that.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

I said come in! posted:

I assume that stuff is coming but it wasn't mentioned. Just level 70 cap, two new planets, what sounded like a new class? The new story has 9 chapters that are all releasing at once. Bioware is not ready to talk about the end game content yet since most of their players likely never see that.

Alright. Our guild moved to WoW for a bit, though I'd love for SWTOR to double down a little more on the end game stuff. I really enjoy the game, but I'd rather do so with a guild who has a reason to play it bar single-player story mode.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I said come in! posted:

No new classes.

According to the datamining, the Galactic Command talked about on the Bioware website is something similar to world quests or events from FF14/GW2/the new WoW expansion. Uprisings are a new mini-dungeon thing with a lot more variety than Star Fortresses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Annnnnd 6.5 hours total /played to get to 65. If you've been holding off on rolling alts, now is the time to get it done.

Ord Mantell
Coruscant
*Edit* Coruscant Bounty
Esseles solo mode
Intro to PvP/Daily PvP
Taral V/Maelstrom Prison solo mode
Balmorra Heroics
Tatooine Heroics
Intro to Group Finder (Gave me Manaan)
CZ-198 Weekly
Start KOTFE, exit out
Yavin Weekly
Finish conversations with Corso

Insane.

Yawn. Weird, man, I just woke up from a nap about that long.

• Locked thread