Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

Like I said everyone should make sure to check the in game graphic settings. I thought things looked blurry, with everything set to high in the launcher, but looking in game everything was set to medium, and after correcting that the game looks fantastic.
yeah its just you that thought to check their settings, mate.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Qmass posted:

yeah its just you that thought to check their settings, mate.

well have fun with your photoshop filter "game fix" you loving idiot

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Lose your temper if you like but the difference is still night and day and like I said, I don't care what you want to call it, I am not going to be offended because some random internet users experiment is beneath you.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Turn off motion blur and AA and see if that helps. I think it's TXAA (or whatever technique is trendy) but I've seen some weird issue on Mafia 3, Just Cause 3, and DX: Mankind Divided where the AA (pretty sure) causes some WEIRD ghost blurring that makes poo poo look real bad. It's most noticeable here when you look at the water. See how the reflection is blurring and messy? Move something across it (Lincoln, run by a tree, whatever) and you'll notice that there's an afterimage in the reflection where the reflection is SUPER crisp until it blurs back up a second later.

Maybe that's it?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Qmass posted:

Lose your temper if you like but the difference is still night and day and like I said, I don't care what you want to call it, I am not going to be offended because some random internet users experiment is beneath you.

you represent a filth that needs to be powerwashed off the facade of computer gaming. deal with it.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Would have it killed these guys to make some creative missions? The WHOLE loving GAME is go to area/district - whittle down the cash (Same missions) Kill Boss. Rinse and repeat through at least hour loving 14.

Come on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Songbearer posted:

What's the general concensus? I'm getting a mixed bag here. I loved Mafia 1 because of its storytelling but Mafia 2 felt like a huge disappointment for me, so I'm kind of wary about this game. I admire its setting and the presentation looks great, but I can't get a bead on the gameplay.

Looks like wait for a patch if on PC, buy on ps4 of you are a fan of repetitive open world games with good writing, setting, controls and graphics. Hasn't been too repetitive for me yet.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, things just got loving real, and drat that scene blew my mind.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Game's legit fun but maaan does it feel like it's missing a patch or two.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Lol, you literally complete missions to let you have access to confront a dude, and the guy is literally in the same place you just came from but with enemies refreshed. Suuch a waste of time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kontradaz posted:

Lol, you literally complete missions to let you have access to confront a dude, and the guy is literally in the same place you just came from but with enemies refreshed. Suuch a waste of time.

yeah. that mission is dumb.

Honest Thief posted:

this. the game itself is great and the mechanics are good but it needs a patch and more variety.(apparently they are going the witcher 3 route with DLC, lots of free stuff and BIG expansion packs) but so far i would put it under Doom for my favorite game of the year so far. i guess we will see when i get further.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. that mission is dumb.

this. the game itself is great and the mechanics are good but it needs a patch and more variety.(apparently they are going the witcher 3 route with DLC, lots of free stuff and BIG expansion packs) but so far i would put it under Doom for my favorite game of the year so far. i guess we will see when i get further.

They are making 3 missions. That's the DLC. Not sure where you get all this about free stuff and big expansions.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Utnayan posted:

They are making 3 missions. That's the DLC. Not sure where you get all this about free stuff and big expansions.
They are also releasing free stuff like costumes and racing missions.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

OK DSR makes the game look a lot better but also I need a microscope to see the UI.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Songbearer posted:

What's the general concensus? I'm getting a mixed bag here. I loved Mafia 1 because of its storytelling but Mafia 2 felt like a huge disappointment for me, so I'm kind of wary about this game. I admire its setting and the presentation looks great, but I can't get a bead on the gameplay.

It's a solid game with some visceral combat. But man, I am tired of doing the same types of missions over and over again. There is something off about it to me. It's like its missing missions that are specifically designed. So far outside of the mission where you take on the haitians, every mission has been basically in the open world. I can at least say about Mafia 2 that their missions were a bit better designed and it's nowhere near one's mission structure where it seemed like most of the game was tailored around specific settings made specifically for that mission.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Honest Thief posted:

Well good news, there's a patch coming in approximately ten minutes.

https://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/784865521439080448

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Iron Rose posted:

Nice, if the reception to the patch is good I'm picking this up.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Iron Rose posted:

excellent

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
Update's out.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Looks like the patch worked just fine! I'm getting ~50 FPS with all settings maxed at 1080p with an i5-4690k @4.2 GHz and a 970.

E: they completely overhauled the controls as well, it works far better now.

The only thing I really want now is better textures for PC, and a way to disable that drat camera snapback while driving.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 8, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ive never played a mafia game, is it fun and worth the full price?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Did they reset control prompts because I learned the lovely defaults and I'd like some "we fixed it!" popups.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you don't want to spend money, you can try the demo for Mafia 2. Mafia 2 is still pretty decent and holds up six years later.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

you represent a filth that needs to be powerwashed off the facade of computer gaming. deal with it.

You should really see someone about whatever it is that you got going on. It helps, it really does.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Looks like the patch worked just fine! I'm getting ~50 FPS with all settings maxed at 1080p with an i5-4690k @4.2 GHz and a 970.

E: they completely overhauled the controls as well, it works far better now.

The only thing I really want now is better textures for PC, and a way to disable that drat camera snapback while driving.

poo poo thats nice. Glad it didnt break anything. hope the PS4/xbone get patched too.

Utnayan posted:

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-a-look-at-the-post-release-content-coming-to-mafia-3/

sounds bigger then 3 missions.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Google Butt posted:

Buy on steam, if you don't like it, you can return it if you've played less than two hours.

Alternatively, GMG prolly sells it for significantly cheaper.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What i don't get is that take-two owns rockstar, take-two owns 2k. They're paying for both games to be made, why wouldn't they at least license the rage engine from themselves, and have an easy starting point to build the game around? Why would they build Mafia 3 as a layer over saints row 2.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Google Butt posted:

full price?

Nah, steam keys for this are gonna be real cheap soon.
It's got a single-digit number of hours of real missions, 1-2 hours of cruising with the radio on, and a whole lot of mandatory Ubisoft clear the map meatloaf to chew on.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Google Butt posted:

I don't think it's worth full price, not when you can get it used down the line since the game really does lack replay value. I think it is sort of fun, but only if you play it for bits at a time. The repetitive missions will probably drive you crazy otherwise.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Powershift posted:

What i don't get is that take-two owns rockstar, take-two owns 2k. They're paying for both games to be made, why wouldn't they at least license the rage engine from themselves, and have an easy starting point to build the game around? Why would they build Mafia 3 as a layer over saints row 2.

Because synergy doesn't exist.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
New PC patch: game runs flawlessly. Except now I get confused cuz they switched the enter car button from F to E.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I really like the move where Lincoln faceplants the person into the ground. It is unintentionally hilarious to me.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Utnayan posted:

It definitely sounds way more significant than that.
https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-a-look-at-the-post-release-content-coming-to-mafia-3/

Oh whoops, e;fb

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_mJ6vCiRuM
This is the best new feature of this patch

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hope the PS4/xbone get patched too.

What's to be patched on console? This is one of the most glitch-free open world games I've played.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What's to be patched on console? This is one of the most glitch-free open world games I've played.

nothing really. i just heard the xbox one had PC like problems. plus random glitch clean up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What does it mean when something has an arrow above it? There was a body with an up arrow with a horizontal line above it. When I got close, it changed to a Y key. Earlier I went to go into cover and there was a down arrow in one spot.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

On the Xbox, every single time I load the game back up from it being on standby, there is no sound and I have to force close the game and reload. How the gently caress that gets past cert, I don't know.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Unless it's just me, I'm pretty sure they hosed up most, if not all of the bridges leading into Southdowns. You just clip through them when you try to cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, I didn't realize there was a patch.

RIP freaky clothes

• Locked thread